/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You Honor Not The Orphans!

Tawangar
06-12-2011, 03:14 PM
The Ummah of an orphan Prophet needs reminders about treating orphans gently, passing hands on their heads lovingly, ensuring that they don't go to sleep hungry and covering their thin, starving bodies with clothes so they don't feel cold at night. Are we following the Yahood in this also? See Al Baqarah, verse 83.

Islam is a religion of mercy and the Qur'an is the Book of the Most Merciful revealed to the the Mercy to both worlds. The word 'orphan' comes again and again in the Qur'an, the primary source of Islamic Legislation and the words of Allah (swt) Himself. Any non-Muslim with the slightest justice in his heart cannot refuse to accept the veracity of this Celestial religion if he just reads the Qur'anic verses on ORPHANS.

The first verse is directed to Nabi himself:

Ad-Duha (The Forenoon - After Sunrise)

93:6 Did He not find thee an orphan and give thee shelter (and care)?

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:83 (Y. Ali) And remember We took a covenant from the Children of Israel (to this effect): Worship none but Allah. treat with kindness your parents and kindred, and orphans and those in need; speak fair to the people; be steadfast in prayer; and practise regular charity. Then did ye turn back, except a few among you, and ye backslide (even now).

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:177 It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah.fearing.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:215 They ask thee what they should spend (In charity). Say: Whatever ye spend that is good, is for parents and kindred and orphans and those in want and for wayfarers. And whatever ye do that is good, -(Allah) knoweth it well.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:220 (Their bearings) on this life and the Hereafter. They ask thee concerning orphans. Say: "The best thing to do is what is for their good; if ye mix their affairs with yours, they are your brethren; but Allah knows the man who means mischief from the man who means good. And if Allah had wished, He could have put you into difficulties: He is indeed Exalted in Power, Wise."

An-Nisa (The Women)

4:2 To orphans restore their property (When they reach their age), nor substitute (your) worthless things for (their) good ones; and devour not their substance (by mixing it up) with your own. For this is indeed a great sin.

An-Nisa (The Women)

4:3 If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.

An-Nisa (The Women)

4:6 Make trial of orphans until they reach the age of marriage; if then ye find sound judgment in them, release their property to them; but consume it not wastefully, nor in haste against their growing up. If the guardian is well-off, Let him claim no remuneration, but if he is poor, let him have for himself what is just and reasonable. When ye release their property to them, take witnesses in their presence: But all-sufficient is Allah in taking account.

An-Nisa (The Women)

4:8 But if at the time of division other relatives, or orphans or poor, are present, feed them out of the (property), and speak to them words of kindness and justice.

An-Nisa (The Women)

4:10 Those who unjustly eat up the property of orphans, eat up a Fire into their own bodies: They will soon be enduring a Blazing Fire!

An-Nisa (The Women)

4:36 Serve Allah, and join not any partners with Him; and do good- to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbours who are near, neighbours who are strangers, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess: For Allah loveth not the arrogant, the vainglorious;-

An-Nisa (The Women)

4:127 They ask thy instruction concerning the women say: Allah doth instruct you about them: And (remember) what hath been rehearsed unto you in the Book, concerning the orphans of women to whom ye give not the portions prescribed, and yet whom ye desire to marry, as also concerning the children who are weak and oppressed: that ye stand firm for justice to orphans. There is not a good deed which ye do, but Allah is well-acquainted therewith.

Al-An'am (The Cattle)

6:152 And come not nigh to the orphan's property, except to improve it, until he attain the age of full strength; give measure and weight with (full) justice;- no burden do We place on any soul, but that which it can bear;- whenever ye speak, speak justly, even if a near relative is concerned; and fulfil the covenant of Allah. thus doth He command you, that ye may remember.

Al-Anfal (The Spoils of War)

8:41 And know that out of all the booty that ye may acquire (in war), a fifth share is assigned to Allah,- and to the Messenger, and to near relatives, orphans, the needy, and the wayfarer,- if ye do believe in Allah and in the revelation We sent down to Our servant on the Day of Testing,- the Day of the meeting of the two forces. For Allah hath power over all things.

Al-Isra (The Journey by Night)

17:34 Come not nigh to the orphan's property except to improve it, until he attains the age of full strength; and fulfil (every) engagement, for (every) engagement will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning).

Al-Kahf (The Cave)

18:82 "As for the wall, it belonged to two youths, orphans, in the Town; there was, beneath it, a buried treasure, to which they were entitled: their father had been a righteous man: So thy Lord desired that they should attain their age of full strength and get out their treasure - a mercy (and favour) from thy Lord. I did it not of my own accord. Such is the interpretation of (those things) over which thou wast unable to hold patience."

Al-Hashr (The Gathering)

59:7 What Allah has bestowed on His Messenger (and taken away) from the people of the townships,- belongs to Allah,- to His Messenger and to kindred and orphans, the needy and the wayfarer; In order that it may not (merely) make a circuit between the wealthy among you. So take what the Messenger assigns to you, and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you. And fear Allah. for Allah is strict in Punishment.

Al-Insan (Man)

76:8 And they feed, for the love of Allah, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive,-

Al-Fajr (The Dawn)

89:17 Nay, nay! but ye honour not the orphans!

Al-Balad (The City)

90:15 To the orphan with claims of relationship,

Ad-Duha (The Forenoon - After Sunrise)

93:9 Therefore, treat not the orphan with harshness,

Al-Ma'un (The Small Kindnesses)

107:2 Then such is the (man) who repulses the orphan (with harshness),

Quranic translation by A Yusuf 'Ali.

Wa salam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cuezed
06-12-2011, 07:01 PM
this is one thing I really wish to do in the near future if Allah wills. to adopt an orphan and take good care of him/her. I just don't have a clue how to go around doing it

Perseveranze
06-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Powerful words Mashallah.

And as for man, when his Lord tries him and [thus] is generous to him and favors him, he says, "My Lord has honored me."
But when He tries him and restricts his provision, he says, "My Lord has humiliated me."
No! But you do not honor the orphan [Quran 89:15]

Subhanallah.

Personally, Inshallah will be sponsering an orphan(s) in the future.

Tawangar
06-15-2011, 07:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Powerful words Mashallah.

And as for man, when his Lord tries him and [thus] is generous to him and favors him, he says, "My Lord has honored me."
But when He tries him and restricts his provision, he says, "My Lord has humiliated me."
No! But you do not honor the orphan [Quran 89:15]

Subhanallah.

Personally, Inshallah will be sponsering an orphan(s) in the future.
Aameen. May Allah give you great strength.
Wa laykum salam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!