/* */

PDA

View Full Version : assalam alaikum

Aamanee
06-12-2011, 05:20 PM
assalam alaikum
Hi my name is Ella am 34 married and live with my husband and two cats
I joined here a while back . for the last few months i have been going back and forward between Christianity and Islam , am unsure what i want at the moment
My view of Jesus feels wrong for someone who is Christian i don't view Jesus as the son of God
I believe in God i always have .
Me and my husband tried to become Muslim we where weren't treated very nicely by our family and friends. we also found learning Arabic really hard i have a learning disability and have a hard time with English never mind another language i can spell well here on the forum because i use a spell checker but my grammar and spelling is really bad and there are words in English i just don't understand
When doing the prayers i had to say them in English because i cant say the Arabic at all
We got use to getting up early in the mornings to do prayers and doing the prayers apart from them being in English was fine
unsure what else to say am going to try harder this time hopefully we can do it

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al yunan
06-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Walaikum Assalam sister,

The greater your effort the greater your reward, you seek help and do the best you can.
Trust in Allah S.W.T and you will see things will turn out ok.
I don't know how well you can read, just take a look through the revert stories.
Any questions you have fell free to ask and don't worry with the word problem.
Keep up the hope and my best best wishes to you both.

Masalam

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-12-2011, 10:14 PM
wa Alaaykum as'salaam

welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your stay here and benefit yourself insha'Allaah

I agree with brother al yunan the greater the effort the more reward..

There are still muslims who reverted, who have families who have trouble accepting them, but when the muslim practices his faith according to the sunnah of the prophet SAW, then the better others will view Islaam as. Either your family members have bad thoughts about muslims and Islaam from what the media decieves them with about muslims.. What they need is the truth, to know the truth you will have to try be the best muslim you can by implementing the sunnah/ the way of the prophet (saw)..and teach them as you go along in your journey. And clear any misconceptions they have regarding Islaam from the Qur'aan and sunnah, and if you have any questions feel free to ask here, insha'Allaah members here will try their best to answer to the best of their abilities..

but do not lose hope and continue to seek the truth
i hope i didnt confuse you..

.. peace ..

tigerkhan
06-13-2011, 05:50 AM
welcome to forum sister. hope someone will reply to ur pbm.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Souljette
06-13-2011, 05:56 AM
Asalamualaykum,
Welcome to the forum sis, and inshallah you will get help from the one above only seek for it.Inshallah your hardships will come to an end just depend on Allah(S.W.T) and be patient

Ramadhan
06-13-2011, 06:09 AM
:sl:

welcome to the forum and welcome again to Islam.
When you have difficulties, ask Allah SWT with as much sincerity as you can muster.

Abdul-Raouf
06-13-2011, 07:09 AM
Wa alaikkum salaam...Welcome to Islam....

Your on track ... Good Job... :) ... never get disappointed.. ALLAH will surely guide you to the right path - ALLAH will help those who help themselves.

Riana17
06-13-2011, 08:19 AM
salam sis

Im with you, youre not alone, im not so good in english too :P
You seems to have a very good intention, we will make Duaa for you and your family inshallah
pls visit the forum more often

I guess the best way to learn to pray in Arabic is download Mr Sudais MP3 (Surrah recitation)
and have a print of the prayer in English font of course and listen as much as you can
it would help you inshallah

SALAM & May Allah love you all the time

Who Am I?
06-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Your story is similar to mine. I was raised as a Christian and really struggled with accepting Islam. It went against everything I had ever been taught. The more I read the Qu'ran and the more I studied Islam, the more it made sense to me, and I always felt like I was being called in that direction by Allah (God).

I still haven't told my family yet about my conversion and I have decided not to. I want to show them through my words and deeds that I am becoming a better man, and when they see the change within me, they will inshallah come to accept my decision, or at least to respect it.

Just_A_Girl13
06-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Assalam alaikum sister Aamanee,

Welcome to the forum! I am a recent revert to Islam as well. For a while I struggled between Christianity and Islam as you are struggling now, and then Allah (s.w.t.) guided me to take my shahadah just four days ago :) It's okay if you don't speak English well, you're not alone in that here. Inshallah you will learn and you will learn Arabic as well (which is something that I am learning, too). You will find many wise, friendly people who will make your time here educational and fun :)

Peace and blessings be with you

Mister Agenda
06-17-2011, 08:41 PM
How are you settling in, Aamanee?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!