/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadiths mentioning brothers most of the time?

YM Usrah Umar
06-12-2011, 10:14 PM
salam, there are hadiths mentioning brothers rather than sisters or to have mentioned both, does this mean that hadiths are only applicable to men or to women too?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
06-12-2011, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YM Usrah Umar
salam, there are hadiths mentioning brothers rather than sisters or to have mentioned both, does this mean that hadiths are only applicable to men or to women too?
From what I can remember they are applicable to women also, for example the hadith that says, "Love for your brother what you love for yourself" is also applicable to women. I could be wrong however but I'm sure they are applicable to both unless stated.

Afifa
06-12-2011, 10:33 PM
:sl:
Although the masculine gender has been used, just like the Quran, Hadith are also for all muslims, Male and Female.

YM Usrah Umar
06-14-2011, 09:24 PM
how do we know they can be applicable to both? did the prophet (pbuh) perhaps say in another hadith that "whatever i say can be applicable to sisters also unless stated"?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!