/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bored

GuestFellow
06-12-2011, 10:56 PM
:sl:

I'm bored. I'm bored of studying, reading books, exercising, playing computer games, watching TV and reading articles. :/

What do you do when your bored? I daydream and visit Islamic Board. I sometimes count the tiles on the kitchen floor... :/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'salaam

You should go out and meet brothers or go to the mosque..or help your mother with things around the house..

anyhow..check this thread and watch the videos if you can insha'Allaah

----->>> http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...gs-islaam.html <<<-----

Sorry if this wasnt what you were looking for, i hope another member can give you better advice on how to 'unbore' yourself insha'Allaah..

.. peace ..

sarah85
06-12-2011, 11:20 PM
You need a purpose in life :p

Do something for the Ummah...join the movement to stand for justice and counter Islamophobia :D

Reflections
06-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Talk to your pillow, they're good listeners

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tw009
06-12-2011, 11:25 PM
I am bored of studying tooo! too tired to focus and too stressed to take a quick nap.

Al-Mufarridun
06-12-2011, 11:32 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

I'm bored. I'm bored of studying, reading books, exercising, playing computer games, watching TV and reading articles. :/

What do you do when your bored? I daydream and visit Islamic Board. I sometimes count the tiles on the kitchen floor... :/

Imagine bro, soon you'll be standing in a day that is 50,000 years long. Imagine on that day a single, Subhanallah, that takes for you 1 second to say, which fills the space between the heavens and the earth in terms of reward, could mean the difference for one person between going to the blazing fire or the garden. Instead of counting the tiles akhee, let the Dhikr of Allah(swt), who created the atoms and molecules that your eye which sees the tiles, your mind which perceives, your tongue which utters, and the tiles themselves are made of, Let His(swt) remembrance and nearness be your constant companion.

How then can you be bored akhee? how can you be bored when Allah(swt), who says in his Noble Qur'an, that the whole universe can't contain Me, but the Heart of a Mumin contains me. When you can go within, and ponder over the creations of Allah, the furthers stars, galaxies, heavens, and the universes inside the tiniest particles. Just imagine the synergy it takes for you to utter just once, Al-HamduLillah. Now Imagine that you a fortunate believer, by simply being dutiful to your Creator, out of his mercy, because it is He(swt) who choose you amongst his Creatures that you be a Mumin, and not by our own might, being dutiful for a mere 100 years at most, You'll be rewarded with the eternal Garden. Imagine Eternity, living without feeling any sickness, tiredness, sleep, fatigue, BOREDOM, sadness, pain. Imagine an Eternity of Pure Pleasure after pleasure after pleasure, having everything you desire, everything you want simply with just a thought and you have it. Imagine having abilities of Flight, flying with the angels, imagine having a body that is so strong and so perfect that nothing will ever harm it, it will never feel pain, nor get old, nor break, nor be cut, you could stand in a sun and it wouldn't harm your with it is heat or it's other harms the slightest.

Now imagine eternity without Boredom, each day, each hour, each minute, each second gets better and better and better.

so whenever you feel like you have nothing to do, nothing fun to do, you could either count the tiles or count the blessings Allah(swt) has given you and make Dhikr. Trust me, I've those moments too, we all do as humans who live in this simulation that is Dunya, we are caged by it, so the only way we can escape it is by Fleeing back to Allah(swt) the Eternal, and His remembrance. Trust me i know no better cure for boredom, nor sadness, depression nor despair, than Dhikr of Allah(swt). It does Wonders!!!

useful link:

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...vy-scales.html

Hamza Asadullah
06-12-2011, 11:36 PM
How anyone can be bored in life is beyond me. There is too much to do to prepare for the hereafter. EVERY second wasted being "bored" will be regretted for ETERNITY!

Ibn Masood said: “I have never regretted anything as a day spent of my life without doing good deeds.”

How many days have we had like this where we have completely wasted them? On the day of judgement we would want to go back so that we could gain the HUGE rewards that are available just for saying Subhanallah!

When he is dying he will wish that he is given another chance or extension to his life so that he may do good as Allah says:

In Falsehood will they be Until, when death comes to one of them, he says: “O my Lord! send me back (to life),- In order that I may work righteousness in the things I neglected.” By no means! It is but a word he says. Before them is a Partition till the Day they are raised up. (23:99-100)

If we wasted this life then without doubt we will regret the precius time we wasted and would want to return just so that we can live righteous lives but by then it would be too late.

Hadhrat Mu'az [RA] narrated Rasulallah (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The Inhabitants of Paradise will not be grief stricken or sorrowful about anything they did in the life of the world except for the time they spent without being in the remembrance of Allah” (Tabaraani)

So we must NEVER waste our precious little time in this life on useless pursuits. We must make the best of each second in order to please Allah and refrain from anything useless and that which will displease and anger him. Only then will be successful!

Who Am I?
06-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Boredom has been a big problem for me over the years. Particularly because in the past, when I would get bored, I would drink. Boredom always led me to depression and anger, which led me to drink.

The last week or so since I have taken shahada, I haven't had time to be bored. Between work, doing things with friends (both Muslim and non-Muslim), and going to masjid, my days are pretty filled now. I haven't even played a video game in over a week. I spend all of my spare moments when I am not sleeping reading various books about Islam and praying to Allah.

This takes up almost all of my time.

Al-Mufarridun
06-12-2011, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Boredom has been a big problem for me over the years. Particularly because in the past, when I would get bored, I would drink. Boredom always led me to depression and anger, which led me to drink.

The last week or so since I have taken shahada, I haven't had time to be bored. Between work, doing things with friends (both Muslim and non-Muslim), and going to masjid, my days are pretty filled now. I haven't even played a video game in over a week. I spend all of my spare moments when I am not sleeping reading various books about Islam and praying to Allah.

This takes up almost all of my time.
Masha'Allah bro. May Allah(swt) always continuously guide you and fill your time with that which benefits you, both in this world and the next. Ameen ya Rabb.

IAmZamzam
06-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Brother hamza, I have found that more often than not when people say they are "bored", whether or not they are aware of it all they really mean is not that they have nothing to do but that there is some particular thing or things they'd much rather be doing. It's a natural byproduct of the existence of even vaguely self-oriented desire much more than it is an absence of potential sources of activity or entertainment.

tigerkhan
06-13-2011, 09:35 AM
go and do the thing which give u spiritual pleasure. it can salat, helping poor, charity, social work...u will be refreshed.

Innocent Soul
06-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Assalamualaikum
Listen to all lectures here and Inshallah you will become a productive Muslim and human being :thankyou:. I really felt that all these videos were really beneficial to me :).
http://www.productivemuslim.com/category/videos/
When I was feeling bored I did the same thing :popcorn:.

Riana17
06-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Salam Brother
Alhamdollelah now... I dont really get bored with my life

maybe you should actively engage to something that will benefit you or something you like, sports etc
Inshallah you can make good dawah and once you get good response you will keep on going and time will be occupied

aadil77
06-13-2011, 10:29 AM

It's true anything can get boring after a while, even with friends you can run out of stuff to do. Its just about maintaining a set of things to do rather than do new things all the time. Try keeping yourself busy, work towards a goal, if you have the money visit new places around you with family and friends. One thing I like to do is meet new people, if you ever go to masjid halaqas or islamic talks you end up meeting tons of brothers. If you have a university near you join their islamic society even if you're not a student at that uni also depending on what kind of masjids are near you, you can ask the imam about weekly talks or jamaats.

nature
06-13-2011, 11:01 AM

Learn a language ?
help out in the community ? give your "bored " time to others ? eg help old people with shopping etc ?
teach kids quran ? rewarding and would get you out of boredom.
Learn a new skill/hobbie ?
travel and give dawah to others ?

Who Am I?
06-13-2011, 02:39 PM
I like going to the masjid, but I fear that if I go every day, I will get bored with that and start to get burnt out on Islam. I don't want that to happen, so I may take a break from it for a day or two. I need some rest anyway after the last week or so.

sister herb
06-13-2011, 05:24 PM
When I am bored, I usually spend all day surfing in net, take a little sleep or create humanitarian charity campaing for helping people in Palestine. As this last opinion, seems I was quite bored at last weekend.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!