/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Several Questions

YM Usrah Umar
06-13-2011, 11:11 AM
salam, hope evryone is good

1) how did the past prophets pray, was it salah?

2) and how was time and day like back in the prophet muhammed (pbuh), i mean islam goes against the whole 24 hour, monday to sunday thing so how was time judged then?

3) apart from jinns, angels and dajjal, was ther any other supernatural person that anyone came across?

4) why do ppl think that khidr (as) was still alive?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
06-13-2011, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YM Usrah Umar
salam, hope evryone is good

2) and how was time and day like back in the prophet muhammed (pbuh), i mean islam goes against the whole 24 hour, monday to sunday thing so how was time judged then?

3) apart from jinns, angels and dajjal, was ther any other supernatural person that anyone came across?

1 - Yes, I'm not sure if it was exactly the way we pray now, but we know that previous prophets did prostrate themselves to Allah
2 - errm they followed the lunar calender which is almost the same but a few days shorter in a year
3 - yajuj and majuj (gog and magog) and maybe some others
4 - not sure, maybe because his death isn't recorded in islamic sources

sarah85
06-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Dajjal and yajuj and majuj are not supernatural....

Ramadhan
06-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Yes, it was shalah. The orthodox jews are still praying 3 times a day, in a similar way to Islam, and they might still retain few things that previous prophets did in shalah. Have a look at this thread, I posted several youtubes video on how prophet Isa (as) might have prayed:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...-pray-way.html

They had lunar calendar, which is still observed till this day. You are going to fast in Ramadan, and Ramadan is lunar calendar. A lunar-based day starts from maghrib.
Lunar calendar is more accurate because each month is one cycle of the moon, there is no need for substraction or addition of days to make it even.
The solar calendar (these days the international calendar, or gregorian) is in units of solar years, or one trip of the Earth around the Sun. It is arbitrarily divided into 12 lunar month like units but only for tradition's sake. In 20 years, the winter solstice will always be on December 21st. I think a second is subtracted every few years since the Earth's orbit is slowing down though.

3) apart from jinns, angels and dajjal, was there any other supernatural person that anyone came across?
I don't know what you mean by this question: do you mean someone has actually seen them or do you just mean categories/types of supernatural beings?

Because there are some narrations (don't ask about the details and authenticity) that tell propeht Elijah (as) met Khidr (as) every Ramadan in jerusalem, and there was a narration of him attending prophet Muhammad (as) funeral and paid condolences to umar (ra) and Abu Bakar (ra), and there's a narration in Shahih muslim about a man whom dajjal will cut into two and made life again. The man will humiliate dajjal and said he is even more convinced that dajjal is not god. The man was reported as khidr (as).

format_quote Originally Posted by sarah85
Dajjal and yajuj and majuj are not supernatural....
yes, in the Qur'an it is said that yajuj and majuj are the descendents from Adam (as) but they are not like all of us today.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YM Usrah Umar
06-14-2011, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
I don't know what you mean by this question: do you mean someone has actually seen them or do you just mean categories/types of supernatural beings?
i mean seen them. also apart from gog and magog and the beast

Because there are some narrations (don't ask about the details and authenticity) that tell propeht Elijah (as) met Khidr (as) every Ramadan in jerusalem, and there was a narration of him attending prophet Muhammad (as) and paid condolences to umar (ra) and Abu Bakar (ra), and there's a narration in Shahih muslim about a man whom dajjal will cut into two and made life again. The man will humiliate dajjal and said he is even more convinced that dajjal is not god. The man was reported as khidr (as).
Can you post these hadiths please?

YM Usrah Umar
09-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Because there are some narrations (don't ask about the details and authenticity) that tell propeht Elijah (as) met Khidr (as) every Ramadan in jerusalem, and there was a narration of him attending prophet Muhammad (as) funeral and paid condolences to umar (ra) and Abu Bakar (ra), and there's a narration in Shahih muslim about a man whom dajjal will cut into two and made life again. The man will humiliate dajjal and said he is even more convinced that dajjal is not god. The man was reported as khidr (as).
could you please post the references to wat u said please? jazaks...i would lik to read it

Ramadhan
09-07-2011, 07:10 AM
The claim that Khidr (as) is still alive is just a baseless conjecture.

In fact, here's what prophet SAW said:
Muslim ibn al-Hajjaaj said that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: “The Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led us in praying ‘Isha’ one night towards the end of his life, then he stood up and said: ‘Do you see this night of yours? One hundred years from now not one of those who are on the face of the earth now will remain.” Ibn ‘Umar said: “The people did not understand these words of the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and they said that this meant that the Day of Resurrection would come after one hundred years. The Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘not one of those who are on the face of the earth now will remain’ meaning that that generation would pass away.”

That means anyone on earth who were still alive and had been borne when prophet Muhammad SAW said that statement would have all died 100 years from that moment, so even if Khidr (as) had still been alive then, he would have surely died 100 years later.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!