/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's the point?

Beardo
06-13-2011, 09:24 PM
What's the point of doing good in school and all? Is it worth the stress? What's the ultimate point of life?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
06-13-2011, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
What's the point of doing good in school and all? Is it worth the stress? What's the ultimate point of life?
I understand how you feel, I often find myself asking the very same question, but I guess it is worth it. It's important you try to enjoy studying and learning, you have to remember it's so hard to find a job now days and it's very comptetitve to the point that you're at a disadvantage before you even apply without an education behind you.

Even if you don't go into the field you studied it's still good to have the education because it takes you places. The more skills you have the more types of jobs you will be able to get so my advice would be to learn as many skills as you can and not just what you're studying, become a person of multiple skills.

Hang in there, keep putting the effort in, make the subject you're studying your passion, it's impossible to do well in a subject you have no passion for, people who have passion for their subjects find themselves randomly thinking about what they're studying even when they're not in the class room because they enjoy thinking about it and through thinking about it they understand it and learn it easier.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful to you but I realized that this is where I was going wrong, I all ways had "not really interested" attitude towards my studies, then I just changed my thinking and started to think "hey this stuff is cool I wanna learn how to do it" you just have to change how you think about things I guess.

If you all ways tell yourself negative things then you will never be happy and everything will be hard, but tell yourself positive things instead. Renew your intention often, for example with my studies I tell myself "I'm doing this for Allah and so that I can offer my I.T services to the ummah for free" then this gives me the motivation I need to keep going.

People who become masters of subjects don't achieve it over night, they do it by all ways renewing their passion for their subject and not quitting when they begin to get bored. I hope this was helpful to you.

oh the ultimate point in life is to earn Allah's pleasure, and your studies can help you to achieve this, I'm sure there must be something you can do with your school education that can benefit the Muslims of the ummah. You can help the ummah for Allah's pleasure using your studies. And use this intention to fuel your motivation.

Also recite the du'a "rabi zidnee 'ilma"

Beardo
06-13-2011, 11:18 PM
I guess I tend to feel like this especially during the holidays, like right now. I suppose that's why it's important to keep yourself busy with something at all times, so these doubtful and vulnerable thoughts don't creep into your head. I really appreciate your words, brother. Jazakallahu Khair. It just makes me wonder... Life is so short. Why bother? But as Muslims, we should strive to do the best we can.

Who Am I?
06-14-2011, 01:18 AM
I feel your pain, bro. Sometimes it seems like nothing we do will ever matter, but I think brother Salahudeen covered it nicely.

I used to have negative thoughts all of the time, but lately I am trying to change it. It has not been easy. Shaytan puts doubts into my head every day about whether I am doing the right thing. But I still feel in my heart and my mind that I am.

I want to learn Arabic, but it won't be easy. Inshallah, I will do it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IslamicRevival
06-14-2011, 01:45 AM

There is no point

Beardo
06-14-2011, 02:05 AM
^ No pessimistic answers, please.

This is a time where we have to encourage each other. -sighs-

IslamicRevival
06-14-2011, 02:07 AM
^ No pessimistic answers, please.

This is a time where we have to encourage each other. -sighs-
Apologies brother
On a downer myself

Who Am I?
06-14-2011, 02:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lost Identity
There is no point
There is no point because you're holding a spoon... :p

Ansariyah
06-14-2011, 08:21 AM
I get bored so quick, everything bores me to death. The teachers have zero enthusiasm, it's like watching a slow motion movie.

I have my days when I don't want to go to school, but I try to be strong cause this is not forever. You have to know why you do wat you do! That keeps things in perspective for me.

''Education is power, it's ur passport for the future without it your nothing''. ps my parents =)

May Ayob
06-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Salaam Alaikum Brother

I hope you are not serious, what do you mean what is the point of school?
I will qoute you Malcolm X: " Withouth Education you're going no where in this world".
Did you know that there are three enemies of the Human being they are - Illness, Poverty and Ignorance.
Infact we are all lucky because there are millions of children in this planet that work in labor to support their families and to go to school is like a fairy tale to them.
School is a Big blessing the fact that you have a chance to learn and read and write is something that we should all be very gratefull to God swt for.
I would also like to remark something i found very important in the significance of knowledge and education that i was taught in grade11th Islamic studies class.
The prophet PBUH in the Battle of Badr had some captives but did you know what he did to set them free, he told them that each one of you who knows how to read and write will teach ten of us i.e the Muslims how read and write, and they will be granted freedom. i.e 1 teacher for 10 students.
This is wisdom at its best.
Also without education there will a very slight chance of having a good job.
I hope this helps.
Salaam

Riana17
06-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Loool I hate school that's the truth, but i still go and get Islam courses just bcoz i wanna save my soul
now I hate to learn Arabic bcoz it seems so complicated, but with the right intention, it seems not so difficult. Now I can write 3 letters word lol

well for me what's not worth is going to school, having a degree one or two and still does not know what life is all about.

Darth Ultor
06-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Didn't Muhammad himself emphasize the importance of education?

Salahudeen
06-14-2011, 05:50 PM
I guess I tend to feel like this especially during the holidays, like right now. I suppose that's why it's important to keep yourself busy with something at all times, so these doubtful and vulnerable thoughts don't creep into your head. I really appreciate your words, brother. Jazakallahu Khair. It just makes me wonder... Life is so short. Why bother? But as Muslims, we should strive to do the best we can.
Yes brother life is very short but what you have to remember is, life for a Muslim is twice as hard because he's working for his duniya and he's also working for his akhira so he's working for two things and twice as hard, every 1 in the duniya is working, we have to work!! our religion does not teach us to be monks, you know Umar Ibn Khattab found some boys sitting in the masjid all day and he said to them "get out and work and earn a living, we're not monks in our religion" And your studies will help you to work by making you more employable but at same time you have to work for your akhira also by doing what Islam requires of you.

Of course if we could we'd all just sit back and only do worship however this is not what our religion tells us, it tells us to go out and earn a living and do good with the money we earn from that living, by helping people with it. The better education you have the more employable you become, you need education to just get your foot through the door.

GuestFellow
06-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Salaam,

I think schools now are awful, though education is not pointless. Schools, well in the UK, train students to pass their exams. You learn the material, memorise it, apply it, practice exam papers and try the actual exam paper. I think schools should help student develop their individual talent. You get stressed because you need grades to get into a good University in order to get a good job which means = job security + ££££.

No, it is not worth it. You will die and leave everything behind, except our good deeds and bad deeds.

Education, however is valuable. You do not need to pass tests to be "educated". I personally think history is one of the most important subjects. You don't need to go Oxford or Yale University to be educated about history.

Getoffmyback
06-14-2011, 11:53 PM
The point of life is to cheat on exams:p

ardianto
06-15-2011, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob
Did you know that there are three enemies of the Human being they are - Illness, Poverty and Ignorance.
Ignorance is worse than poverty. If someone is poor but he is not ignorant, he can leave his poverty. But if someone rich but ignorant, he will fall into poverty.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!