/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need some definitive advice.

Noddy
06-13-2011, 11:16 PM
As salaamu alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuhu,

I turn to my brothers and sisters of Islam for some advice on smoking. This is something which I’ve tried to stop many times but unfortunately have given into the cravings. I have previously handled not smoking during Ramadan but I have increasingly come dependent on cigarettes for stress relief. I realize my fault and I’m looking to rectify it. I’m looking forward to Ramadan for many reasons but I also feel it’s an incentive for me to stop smoking.

Therefore, this leads me to my question.

Can I use nicotine patches while fasting, and will my fast be valid?

I apologies whether the same question has been posed before.

Noddy

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
EngieBenji
06-17-2011, 05:29 AM
Asalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu!

First off, may Allah make it easy on you brother! We all struggle with difficulties, and may you be successful in overcoming your addiction! Alhamdulilah, it's very noble of you and a sign that Allah loves you :)

There are always differing opinions, but logically, anything that would help you overcome such an affliction should be permissible, as long as it is a lesser sin than the one you are participating in. I'm no scholar, but I would encourage you to try to overcome your addiction NOW before Ramadan! :) Why don't you try to wean yourself off by trying out the patches, so that you can be ready for Ramadan? Or try fasting beforehand and insha'allah it will be easy for you!

A full explanation can be offered here regarding the fiqh of nicotine patches- insha'allah you find it comforting!

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/103523

nsha'allah if you have any other questions in the future, or if you'd like a private one-on-one discussion with a counselor, please feel free to submit a ticket at www.givingguidance.com! Jazak'allah khair wasalaamu alaikum!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!