/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assisted suicide

Getoffmyback
06-15-2011, 11:03 AM
You know about dignitas the swiss group who helps people with incurable illness who suffer from extreme pain . So they help them to end their life by giving them a fatal doze of something that will put their misery to an end. It make sense, Why leave people suffering from extreme pain if there is a way to end it. Is it against the god's will!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ProudMuslimSis
06-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Narrated by Jundub: The Prophet (SAW) said, "A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him."

Getoffmyback
06-15-2011, 12:00 PM
A wound can be cured But some people suffer from incurable illnesses !! Like my neighbour she shot herself cos she was struggling with some incurable illness and even high doses of morphine didn't ease the pain. So it make sense to help them end their life.

ProudMuslimSis
06-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Quran is very clear: "Do not kill yourselves as God has been to you very merciful" (4:29). Taking away the life should be the domain of the One who lives life. True, there is Pain and suffering at the terminal end of an illness, but we believe there is reward from God for those who patiently persevere in suffering (Quran 39:10 and 31:17).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
06-15-2011, 12:33 PM
We don't have the knowledge and wisdom to understand that behind calamities may lie blessings.
Who knows, the pain of illnesses is actually serving as expiation of sins and they will be saved during the judgement day, but because they are impatient and decide to end their life to end their temporary pains, they will become resident of eternal pain.
Suicide by a sane person is haram.
in Islam, families and friends are expected to help ease the pain of the terminally ill person, not to end their life.

Muhaba
06-15-2011, 01:33 PM
the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said (something to the effect, although i don't remember the exact hadith): reciting Surah Al-fatiha will cure every disease and if it doesn't curse some disease, then the person afflicted with the disease will get paradise in return for it.
it's important to pray to God for a cure and also for patience. additionally, give money in charity becuase it tends to stop calamities. those ppl who give charity insha-Allah God will protect them from diseases etc. on the other hand, ppl who don't give charity end up getting sick and have to spend lots of money on medicine etc

GuestFellow
06-15-2011, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
You know about dignitas the swiss group who helps people with incurable illness who suffer from extreme pain . So they help them to end their life by giving them a fatal doze of something that will put their misery to an end. It make sense, Why leave people suffering from extreme pain if there is a way to end it. Is it against the god's will!
The main problem with this is that if you were to make assisted suicide legal, it can lead to people killing their own relatives or friends and use assisted suicide as a defence.

YusufNoor
06-15-2011, 05:42 PM
please provide the methodology that you used to determine "god's will." and "which god", by the way?

Getoffmyback
06-15-2011, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
The main problem with this is that if you were to make assisted suicide legal, it can lead to people killing their own relatives or friends and use assisted suicide as a defence.
What are you talking about! You have to present papers as evidence of your incurable painful illness in order to be accepted . You can't apply for killing yourself just for fun. Like my neighbour if she had this option then she didn't have to blow up her head and keep the memory of her suicide stuck in the mind of her childrens forever.

Me and you have No idea about How does it feel to have bones cancer and the pain it inflicts on those who has it, specially if it's diagnosed as the incurable type and the one who's carrying it have Lets say 1 or 2 years to live with an intolerable pain! Why not giving them their exist.

It's really sad to even think about it But it makes sense to help them if they choose to.

GuestFellow
06-15-2011, 09:06 PM
What are you talking about! You have to present papers as evidence of your incurable painful illness in order to be accepted . You can't apply for killing yourself just for fun.
It is still a possibility. People can still find a way to overcome regulations.

Like my neighbour if she had this option then she didn't have to blow up her head and keep the memory of her suicide stuck in the mind of her childrens forever.
I'm sorry to hear that.

It's really sad to even think about it But it makes sense to help them if they choose to.
There is always a possibility that the person may survive, even if the chances are very slim. I'm sure there are cases where people have survived terrible diseases where they were told by doctors that it was not curable.

سيف الله
06-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Salaam

Interesting discussion

Two video on the subject, opposing viewpoints.

Getting rid of the eldery: George Galloway on euthanasia

George Galloway speaks to another pro-euthanasia man

aamirsaab
06-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Noone's saying this is an easy choice to make. In fact, it's probably the hardest thing any human being can ever do since you are quite literally playing God. But, Islamically, keeping them alive, is the right thing to do. So if we do have to make a decision, as muslims, this is the only option. It's not the easiest, but it is the correct one.

I won't judge someone either way (muslim or not) however, simply because of how difficult a choice it really is.

جوري
06-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Pain is very subjective you can't quantify your neighbor's or anyone else' pain! furthermore, there are surgical procures that can be done to relieve pain by destroying nerve fibers or their parent cell bodies outside the brain or spinal cord which is more than I can say for people who struggled with the same cancerous diseases thousands of years ago yet endured it as this is the suffering man is meant to endure and may Allah swt save us from such fates..

I don't agree nor will ever agree with assisted suicides.. Most people at the end of life tend to suffer depression, one would be better off treating that along with helping said folks be resolute about their life and accomplishment than committing murder or suicide and labeling it 'humane' the definitions of our day and age leave very little to be desired truly!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!