/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Drinking out of the can..... a warning.

Flame of Hope
06-16-2011, 04:19 AM
:sl:

An e-mail I got that I'm sharing with you.

------------------------

WASH THEM FIRST

This is Serious!

This incident happened recently in North Texas ..
A woman went boating one Sunday taking with her some cans of coke
which she put into the refrigerator of the boat.
On Monday she was taken to the hospital and placed in the Intensive Care Unit.
She died on Wednesday.

The autopsy concluded she died of Leptospirosis.
This was traced to the can of coke she drank from, not using a glass.
Tests showed that the can was infected by dried rat urine and
hence the disease Leptospirosis.

Rat urine contains toxic and deathly substances.
It is highly recommended to thoroughly wash the upper part
of all soda cans before drinking out of them.
The cans are typically stocked in warehouses and transported straight to the shops without being cleaned.

A study at NYCU showed that the tops of all soda cans are more contaminated than public toilets (i.e.). full of germs and bacteria. So wash them with water before putting them to the mouth to avoid any kind of fatal accident.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Who Am I?
06-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I read a similar story years ago. I always wash or at least wipe the outside of my cans, and I rarely drink out of a can.

Unless it was beer, but alcohol kills bacteria. So yeah. :p

piXie
06-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Jazak Allaah Khayr for sharing. Same should go for canned food. Wash it before opening. :ermm:

Alpha Dude
06-16-2011, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by member X
Jazak Allaah Khayr for sharing. Same should go for canned food. Wash it before opening. :ermm:
Canned food ought to be okay. You wouldn't be putting your mouth to eat from it. Most likely the food would be extracted.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
06-16-2011, 05:01 PM
When you think about it, the can actually does get handled by many hands, from the packing factory to the person who stocks it on the shelves so it's bound to get dirty.

IslamicRevival
06-17-2011, 02:14 AM
Thanks for this

Just_A_Girl13
06-17-2011, 02:39 AM
Jazak Allah Khayr for sharing sister,

I never knew that. Who knows, you may have just saved all our lives! :)

Peace be with you all

'Abd Al-Maajid
06-17-2011, 03:03 AM
What's the credibility of this email?
Well there's no harm in washing the can before drinking.
Thanks for sharing. :)

Ramadhan
06-17-2011, 08:08 AM
true story:
few years ago my brother bought a can of coke from Carrefour (french-based hypermart that has many superstores in Indonesia), and it's a good thing he had a look of the can before he drank straight from the can: There was a dead cockroach inside!!
It was pretty shocking, so of course he went straight back and complained to carrefour and wrote in a newspaper about this incident. The next week he received a big carton of cokes and other products from coca cola along with intense apology.

I don't drink sodas alhamdulillah, but this real story should serve a warning to take a good look at your can before you drink it.

piXie
06-17-2011, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Canned food ought to be okay. You wouldn't be putting your mouth to eat from it. Most likely the food would be extracted.
But sometimes when u are opening the tins, the lid dips into the sauce or whatever the contents of the tin are.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
true story:
few years ago my brother bought a can of coke from Carrefour (french-based hypermart that has many superstores in Indonesia), and it's a good thing he had a look of the can before he drank straight from the can: There was a dead cockroach inside!!
I wasnt so lucky. Found a big fat beetle at the bottom of my coke bottle after I had drank it all. :D

My mum calls coke "cockroach juice" - guess theres some truth!

Haya emaan
06-17-2011, 11:59 AM
There was a dead cockroach inside!!
I wasnt so lucky. Found a big fat beetle at the bottom of my coke bottle after I had drank it all.
:omg: never heard of that stuff about cans :hmm:

i dnt think now i can drink those from a can.. yukh...!!

Samiun
06-17-2011, 12:10 PM
:sl:, heard this incident a few years ago but different story. I always wash the top of the can first, including the straws! :D

Orange juice ftw, I drank coca cola couple of days ago cause it was free hehe

piXie
06-17-2011, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya

:omg: never heard of that stuff about cans :hmm:

i dnt think now i can drink those from a can.. yukh...!!
Sister its called "flavour enhancement" . :D

If u think this is yuck, dont let me tell u what they put in chocolate.

Flame of Hope
06-17-2011, 05:06 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Just_A_Girl13
Jazak Allah Khayr for sharing sister,

I never knew that. Who knows, you may have just saved all our lives! :)

Peace be with you all
I hope some lives. lol.

I didn't know this myself. And when I first read it, I was like...... :omg: now I had better share this with my beloved brothers and sisters of the forum.

Never again am I gonna drink out of any can!! And I'm gonna teach my kids not to as well.

'Abd Al-Maajid
06-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Today I drank out of a can and there was no water available to wash the can so i used my tshirt to wipe the mouth of the can and advised my friend also. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!