/* */

PDA

View Full Version : certainty isnt lifted with doubt

anonymous
06-16-2011, 04:15 PM
hello

quick question = there was urine at the bottom of the toilet seat - i didnt clean it because i though someone else would - anyway later i went into the bathroom to get some tissue - and im not sure if my clothes touched the toilet seat or not so i went with 'certainty isnt lifted with doubt' and i didnt wash my clothes

but it was my fault i should have cleaned the bottom of the toilet seat before and i wouldnt have had this problem - so in this case should i have washed my clothes because it was mmy fault or do i still go with certainity isnt lifted without doubt because i do not know if my clohtes even touched the toilet seat???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
EngieBenji
06-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Asalaamu alaykum!

First off, you certainly should have cleaned the toilet seat- "cleanliness is a part of faith," and shifting the responsibility to "someone else" who will clean it isn't part of the Muslim mentality! But insha'allah you learned from your mistake :) As for washing your clothes, it's always better to be safe and wash your clothes afterwards insha'allah. Obviously you're not sure about the situation, but do what your heart tells you is right, and you can't ever be too clean for prayer! :D

Insha'allah if you have any other questions in the future, or if you'd like a private one-on-one discussion with a counselor, please feel free to submit a ticket at www.givingguidance.com! Jazak'allah khair wasalaamu alaikum!

anonymous
06-17-2011, 04:14 PM
i didnt wash the clothes cos i wasnt certain it touched them - now i have put all my clothes together - so what do i do now -

anonymous
06-17-2011, 05:33 PM
im really worried now - does this mean all my clothes are now impure - do i have to wash them all now as i put all the clothes together - someone please reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
06-17-2011, 08:47 PM
i do not know if my clohtes even touched the toilet seat???
As you said, you are not sure if it touched so just ignore it.

Hamza Asadullah
06-18-2011, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
hello

quick question = there was urine at the bottom of the toilet seat - i didnt clean it because i though someone else would - anyway later i went into the bathroom to get some tissue - and im not sure if my clothes touched the toilet seat or not so i went with 'certainty isnt lifted with doubt' and i didnt wash my clothes

but it was my fault i should have cleaned the bottom of the toilet seat before and i wouldnt have had this problem - so in this case should i have washed my clothes because it was mmy fault or do i still go with certainity isnt lifted without doubt because i do not know if my clohtes even touched the toilet seat???
Asalaamu Alaikum, the title of your thread answered your own question: 'Certainty isnt lifted with doubt'. You just mentioned you are not "sure" then leave it. Next time take more precaution with regards to making sure toilet is cleaned properly. Now forget about it and don't think about it again.

Sister are you following the advice i gave you regarding waswas in the other thread? I did ask you to get back to me a week later regarding your progress.

anonymous
06-18-2011, 11:06 AM
salaam -
Hamza brother i am following your advice - but something always pops up in my head and i just cant get it out -

eg now im thinking about the following -

when i wnet to the toilet - i was cleaning my self with tissue - i then used the same hand to touch the back of my thigh as i felt something wet on it - anyway as i used the same hand urine went on it anyway - so i got up wet some tissue and started to clean it - now as i was standing up the bits of wet tissue ripped up and fell on the floor whilst cleaning myslef -

are these bits of tissue papers impure - as they were wet and i was cleaning my thigh with them??? they must have touched my clothes and they fell on the carpet in the bathroom -
and if other people touch the carpet they become impure -

i just keep needed reasurance - otherwise i think about it all day

Salahudeen
06-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Have you ever thought about learning the fiqh of purication brother? maybe that way you can dispel these doubts by telling yourself the Islamic ruling when a situation arises.

anonymous
06-18-2011, 01:33 PM
what is the islamic ruling on the above
btw im female :)

Hamza Asadullah
06-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum, Sister again the same rule applies. The tissue was wet with water and your cleaned yourself with it so therefore how can it make you impure again?

According to Sheikh Mufti Ebrahim Desai who answered a similar question to yours from someone who also suffered from waswas:

Undoubtedly, these doubts are from Shaytaan. You need to build confidence in yourself. The solution to your problem is simple. All it needs is ?will-power?. When you complete your Istinjaa like normal, be relaxed and comfortable and make yourself aware that you re clean and its over. All other ideas, doubts, thoughts and whispers are from Shaytaan. Ignore them.

Just continue like normal, make your Wudhu and complete your Salaat. Concentrate in your Salaat. Do not think about how you washed yourself during Salaat. Just think about the power and majesty of Allah Ta'ala. You have to build this confidence within yourself within yourself to remove these doubts. Also, make constant Du'aa to Allah Ta'ala to make it easy for you to concentrate in Salaat.

Source: http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...=8954&act=view

Sister the ONLY solution to this is to get to the root of your problem. The root of your problems are not these minor cases that bother you so much but it is that you have no confidence in yourself and you lack will power and because of that the shaythan is taking advantage of you everyday.

Today your problem is this and tomorrow it will be something else. Shaythan will always find one way or another to get at you unless you build confidence within yourself and have enough will power to say NO! You have to force yourself NOT to listen shaythan as he is clearly trying to get at you with the most minor of things which seem to affect you so much.

You need to keep readind the advice i gave you in the other thread and apply it to your everyday life and also take action on the ruqya treatment for waswas aswell as continuing with OCD therapy. If you don't do something about this now then it will plague you for the rest of your life.

So take action sister and do not give up. Persevere and fight it and do not ever think it will defeat you because that is what shaythan wants you to think. You WILL defeat it but you have to strive and fight it until it is gone!

May you conquer this plague once and for all.

anonymous
06-18-2011, 03:39 PM
i know what you saying Hamza brother 0 i was just worried that cos i cleaned myself with the tiisue - the tissue must have gotton dirty and if it fell on the floor it would impure other things - thats what i was trying to say

so are you saying even though the tissue i used to clean myslef with - if it touched other things etc clothes ,carpet it wouldnt matter??

i try to ignore them because inn my head i know its stupid so i do read the salah in the same clohtes - but its like someone wont let me stop thinking about it - it just ruins my whole day -

Hamza Asadullah
06-18-2011, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
i know what you saying Hamza brother 0 i was just worried that cos i cleaned myself with the tiisue - the tissue must have gotton dirty and if it fell on the floor it would impure other things - thats what i was trying to say

so are you saying even though the tissue i used to clean myslef with - if it touched other things etc clothes ,carpet it wouldnt matter??

i try to ignore them because inn my head i know its stupid so i do read the salah in the same clohtes - but its like someone wont let me stop thinking about it - it just ruins my whole day -
Obviously the tissue should be discarded immediately especially if it came into contact with urine but if it fell on the floor then just simply putting a little bit of water in the area it fell on as a precautionary measure will suffice but as the tissue was already wet from water then clearly there is more water in it than urine.

Sister you really need to be extra careful when washing yourself because you know you suffer from severe waswas and OCD. But my point is that if its not one thing then its always going to be another and that is why you need to get to the root of your problem and the root is a psychological one for which you need to follow all the advice i have given you as well as the advice from the links that i pasted to you.

Do not give up on trying to eradicate this plague from your life because you can and will defeat it but it is down to you how badly you want to and how much will power and effort you are willing to put into it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!