/* */

PDA

View Full Version : insulting police officers??

anonymous
06-16-2011, 10:25 PM
me and my friend got stopped in the park today by these two female police officers. I hate the police so i started arguing with them, one in particular.

well i didnt think police actually had feelings so i said things like "they send female police officers to the park because there is no crime in the park...." and as she was walking away i called said "ok granny" (and lots of other stuff inbetween)

partly because i was angry at being "randomly" searched and also because they were dishonest when i was talking to them, and i dont like the attitude of police officers anyway.

but i think under her macho outer appearance she was hurt.

i mean is this haram? im pretty sure they were nonmuslims. what do i do now?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
06-17-2011, 02:09 AM
Why do you hate the Police? Have love and respect for everyone no matter their religion, color, background etc etc

Hating is a waste of time

ardianto
06-17-2011, 02:52 AM
You insulted police officers in duty but you still free and could write that post ?. You don't know how lucky you are. In many countries police will arrest you for case like this.

Okay, out of who was the 'victim' that you insult, out of your problem with police, insult someone is not good.

ardianto
06-17-2011, 03:36 AM
I have a cellphone top up counter near a security company that serve 'money transport' from bank to bank. In this duty, the money cars always guarded by policemen.

Sometime those policemen come to my counter to top up their cellphones. But I see something special in those policemen, they always carry assault rifles, a battle weapon. It's because their duty is very dangerous. In money car robbery case, the robbers always kill the policeman first before they rob money.

But don't ever thinking they look like policemen in the movies. They are just young men around 22-26, friendly, kindly, and have good manner. Totally different than image of corrupt and arrogant policemen. And because they top up their cellphones, I could see photos of their kids and babies in their cellphones. Without their uniform, without their guns, they are just young daddies who love their families.

May Allah save those good policemen in their duty.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mayana
06-17-2011, 03:43 AM
:sl:

I believe it is unacceptable to treat any human being in a rude or derogatory manner. The executive branch of our governments enforces the laws of the country and it is because of their service that we have the freedoms and rights that we enjoy on a daily basis. It is because of the police's work that you are free to sit at the park with your friends without being harassed or exposed to crime.

With that being said, I realize that we as Muslims/people with a Middle-Eastern appearance are often target of selective enforcement and not-so-random searches. However, I believe if we encounter the officers with integrity and respect, it will go a long way and send the right message of our characters and intentions. If someone is approaching me and announcing that he/she will search me and I reply by cursing at them, that won't make them stop; if anything, it will reaffirm their suspicions. But if I reply calmly and politely, it will send the right message across, inshAllah.

Further, as Muslims, we have to be aware of our conduct. How we carry ourselves and how we behave is always reflected on Islam. Imagine you were the only Muslim that woman ever met, did you represent the Sunnah of our beloved Nabi sallaLlahu alahi wa Salam correctly? Did you represent Islam in such a way that left her thinking highly of Islam and Muslims? Or did you represent Islam such that it made her resentful towards Muslims and consequently, Islam..?

I will end with a Hadith of Mohammad sas: "Kindness is a mark of faith and whoever does not have kindness does not have faith." May Allah swt help us all in becoming kind and pleasant human beings and integrated citizens of the communities we live in, ameen!

Salahudeen
06-18-2011, 01:18 PM
We must treat people in the same way we would like ourselves to be treated.

GuestFellow
06-18-2011, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
me and my friend got stopped in the park today by these two female police officers. I hate the police so i started arguing with them, one in particular.
It is not wise to get into an argument with the police. These same police officers you hate are there to protect you too. Consider the police as a necessary evil.

well i didnt think police actually had feelings so i said things like "they send female police officers to the park because there is no crime in the park...." and as she was walking away i called said "ok granny" (and lots of other stuff inbetween)
That was inappropriate and childish.

partly because i was angry at being "randomly" searched and also because they were dishonest when i was talking to them, and i dont like the attitude of police officers anyway.
The police can search anyone. If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about being searched.

Don't do that again. You could have been arrested and taken into custody. Your family would have been worried about you. Just because there are non-Muslims, does not mean you insult them. If you see those officers again, apologise to them. Your lucky, some police officers will not tolerate being insulted like that.

Hamza Asadullah
06-18-2011, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

but i think under her macho outer appearance she was hurt.

Asalaamu Alaikum, My brother clearly you know in your heart that it was wrong. What we had to realise is that a society needs policing and without the Police a society will be in chaos. You, me and our families would not be safe in a society without Police. Therefore we need Police officers and policing in our society.

Most of the drug taking and criminal activity of the youth is done in places like parks so it is right that they should go to such places and do patrols and also question and search youth. If they didnt then our parks would be the breeding grounds for criminal gangs and youths taking drugs etc.

Also i would say that we are luckyhere in the UK that our police are not as harsh as police in most other societies and countries. Obviously there are good and bad Police officers just as there are good and bad people in every aspect of society but we should not judge all fo them to be bad or the "same". They are just doing their job just like everyone else:

"Allah commands you that . . . when you judge between people (i.e., of any race, religion, family, class, etc.), you judge with justice." (4:58)

This mentality of hating the Police stems mainly from rebel rap groups in the 70's and 80's and then recently in the 90's from the likes of Tupac Shakur. It also stems from criminal gangs who see police as their enemy.

"O you who believe, be upright for Allah, bearers of witness with justice; and do not let the hatred of a people incite you not to act with justice. Be just; that is nearer to observance of duty." (5:8)

These people are not our role models that we should be following their example of how we should conduct ourselves towards others. We as Muslims must never behave in such a terrible way towards others.

Our example in the way we should live our life and conduct ourselves towards others is ONLY from our beloved Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) who was the perfect example for the whole of mankind and was the best towards EVERYONE including non Muslims.

Allah says in the Qur'an:

"Speak good words to all people." (2:83)

So my brother see this as something you have learnt from now. Be the best towards others just like Rasulallah (Salallahu Alaihi wasallam) and Allah taught us to. If you do good towards others then you will good good in return but you will never gain any goodness from acting the way you have acted towards those officers.

We as Muslims should lead by example but how can we lead with adopting such behaviour? So let us make the necessery changes to ourselves now and know that we are ONLY doing it to please Allah. Make the best of your youth and do not waste it with bad company. Spend your youth in the worship of Allah and know that death is near as we may not be alive tomorrow.

Always live by this moto everyday: "Do good to others, surely Allah loves those who do good to others." (Qur'an: 2:195)

And Allah knows best in all matters

Salahudeen
06-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Also I'd like to add, you being a Muslim, you are a representative for all of the Muslims in the UK, if you do something bad it will reflect bad upon us all and people will get a bad image of Muslims' in general. This police officer might look at every Muslim in a bad way now. She shouldn't as not every person is the same, but people sometimes apply generalizations without even realizing.

It's important you set a good example so people get a good image of Islam and Muslims', if you behaved in a pleasant manner she would have gone away with a good impression of Muslims maybe.

cat eyes
06-18-2011, 06:40 PM
i think you did wrong. u should repent for it inshallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!