/* */

PDA

View Full Version : dilemma........... Your advise is most welcome

shible
06-17-2011, 11:43 AM
:sl:

I am in a situation and I am facing some issues on trying to validate my decission.

situation:
I am currently with a person sharing my apartment who is a non-muslim who doesn't drink or smoke & doesn't cook. I have one of my college friend who came here for work and he is looking for an accomodation. So he contacted me and asked me to make him my new room mate

issue:
My friend is a bit close to me. but he is a drinker and smoker. he doesn't buy cigarettes but prepares them in home. and he drinks more than thrice in a week. he is also a very good cook. I am learning to cook :heated:

Decission:
Considering Ramadhan approaching I had informed my friend that I am willing to stay with my current room mate. Is this the right decission.??????

Kindly advice.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
06-18-2011, 01:34 PM

You have made right decision. First, you cannot expel your current room mate just because your friend want to stay with you. Second, stay with good non-Muslim is still better than stay with bad Muslim.

From my experience, if we drink alcohol, a good non-Muslim will ask us "Isn't alcohol forbidden for you ?", but Muslim drinker will tell us "It's okay".

shible
06-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Assalamu Alaikkum
Jazak Allah,
thanks aki for the suggestion,
i am sticking to my decision and would be strong in that.

wassalam

Hamza Asadullah
06-19-2011, 01:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible

I am in a situation and I am facing some issues on trying to validate my decission.

situation:
I am currently with a person sharing my apartment who is a non-muslim who doesn't drink or smoke & doesn't cook. I have one of my college friend who came here for work and he is looking for an accomodation. So he contacted me and asked me to make him my new room mate

issue:
My friend is a bit close to me. but he is a drinker and smoker. he doesn't buy cigarettes but prepares them in home. and he drinks more than thrice in a week. he is also a very good cook. I am learning to cook :heated:

Decission:
Considering Ramadhan approaching I had informed my friend that I am willing to stay with my current room mate. Is this the right decission.??????

Kindly advice.....
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazakallahu khayr for sharing your issues with us.

My brother it would be the worst decision for you to ever consider living with such a person considering he intoxicates himself and commits evil. There is no doubt that if you were to live with such a person that you may also end up doing the the same things.

It is so important that we spend as much time as possible with pious, righteous and learned people and keep away from keeping bad friends and those who are loose in their talk and have a bad influence towards us.

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said, “The case of the good companion and the bad companion is like that of the seller of musk and the blower of the bellows (iron-smith). As for the seller of musk, he will either give you some of the musk, or you will purchase some from him, or at least you will come away having experienced its good smell. Whereas the blower of the bellows will either burn your clothing, or at least you will come away having experienced its repugnant smell.” [Bukhari and Muslim]

Remember: “All friends will be enemies of one another on that Day (Day of Judgment) except those of the virtuous.” (Al-Qur’an 43:67)

So any bad friends we have in this world will be our enemy in the hereafter.

A scholar said: “keeping good company with the pious results in attainment of beneficial knowledge, noble manners and righteous actions, whereas keeping company with the wicked prevents all of that.”

So the best advice to you is not to keep as company those like your "friend" who intoxicate themselves and commit evil. The facts are that we are who our friends are and maybe not now but at some point your friends bad influence will eventually rub off on you and you will end up doing the same as him.

Therefore you must distance yourself from such people. Instead stick to good and pious friends or at least those with a good character and manners. Establish a good connection with the Masjid and you will eventually find good and genuine friends there.

So let us keep good company and compete with them to do good deeds. Know that a good pious friend will make the path to Jannah an easier one and a bad friend will make the path to Jahannam easier to. So which path would we rather take?

Make the best of each second for death is awaiting us around the corner and it wait for no one!

May Allah give us good and pious friends to accompany and keep us away from bad friends. Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
06-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Bad company really does rub off on you, you don't even realize it happening until you're like them. You made right choice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!