Salaam

Thought this was funny.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
06-17-2011, 04:41 PM
This is racist.

sister herb
06-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Hopely BBC make just similar about typical British family.

سيف الله
06-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Salaam

Oh come on sister, lighten up, what makes you think the BBC doesn't?

its just funny humour, not meant to be offensive.

Its making fun of stereotypes, having said that there is an element of truth, Its good to laugh at yourself sometimes

(I'm from an Asian background btw)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
06-17-2011, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
This is racist.
and this is why muslims are hated across the world, we cry racism all the time over the smallest of the things and can never have a laugh

سيف الله
06-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Salaam

Thats a bit harsh, plenty of reasons why Muslims are hated, having a bad sense of humour is probably at the bottom of the list of reasons why.

Looking at my previous post, I might of come across as a bit harsh, its not how it was intended to come across. (Hard to convey tone over the internet).

aadil77
06-20-2011, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon
Salaam

Thats a bit harsh, plenty of reasons why Muslims are hated, having a bad sense of humour is probably at the bottom of the list of reasons why.

Looking at my previous post, I might of come across as a bit harsh, its not how it was intended to come across. (Hard to convey tone over the internet).
in my part of the world muslims are always crying racism; in the workplace to steal compensation, with the police to get away with crimes and this one of the reasons we're hated, we expect special treatment when other groups are subject to the same treatment

in the case of this comedy, the bbc has made plenty of comedy shows scrutinising the non-muslim white labour class and not just asians

Zafran
06-21-2011, 03:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
and this is why muslims are hated across the world, we cry racism all the time over the smallest of the things and can never have a laugh
salaam

edit - I'll take my comment back.

peace

aadil77
06-21-2011, 07:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

Muslims??? its a sikh - ofcourse this is racist.

peace

peace
wsalam

how is this racist, please learn to take a joke

and this is an example of muslims crying racism on behalf of others when the sikhs and hindus themselves don't seem to have a problem, the actors are often sikh and hindu as well so your point just goes straight out the window

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I personally found the video to be funny..

but I guess there are individuals who would class it as a fail..firstly i dont understand how is it racist? racism relies on the race and not the religion or maybe im wrong here..

And also its indians themself who are acting out some typical asian scenarios I guess, but i think it can be applied to 'maybe' other cultures also..so maybe its 'typical cultural scenario' :-\ just asian version of the top gear show..

But honestly if we think about it if they got the chance to do one about muslims, im sure many individuals would be offended and some who personally wont be and then there will be a big geeky argument :-\ but they didnt make one about muslims, all im saying is 'if' because im sure we are aware already how part of the media portrays muslims :-\

I hope that we can be a little postive with one another and that I dont recieve any negative replies i didnt intend to be harsh or anything i apologise if i sounded silly and if i didnt make no point :-\

.. peace ..

fatima_01
06-21-2011, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I personally found the video to be funny..

but I guess there are individuals who would class it as a fail..firstly i dont understand how is it racist? racism relies on the race and not the religion or maybe im wrong here..

And also its indians themself who are acting out some typical asian scenarios I guess, but i think it can be applied to 'maybe' other cultures also..so maybe its 'typical cultural scenario' :-\ just asian version of the top gear show..

But honestly if we think about it if they got the chance to do one about muslims, im sure many individuals would be offended and some who personally wont be and then there will be a big geeky argument :-\ but they didnt make one about muslims, all im saying is 'if' because im sure we are aware already how part of the media portrays muslims :-\

I hope that we can be a little postive with one another and that I dont recieve any negative replies i didnt intend to be harsh or anything i apologise if i sounded silly and if i didnt make no point :-\

.. peace ..
thumbs up :) well spoken...

love it!! defo portrays Asians..lol i can imagine my family doing half of these things :p

IslamicRevival
06-22-2011, 01:36 AM
lol, Seen this a long time ago. V funny at the time and still is
Anyone who thinks this is racist needs to lighten up, seriously.

Beardo
06-22-2011, 01:55 AM
lol @ the seating capacity. That is so stereotypical.

Zafran
06-23-2011, 01:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
wsalam

how is this racist, please learn to take a joke

and this is an example of muslims crying racism on behalf of others when the sikhs and hindus themselves don't seem to have a problem, the actors are often sikh and hindu as well so your point just goes straight out the window
salaam

Point I'll take my comment back.

peace

سيف الله
06-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Salaam

And just to show that the Brits can make fun of themselves, observe :D

Alpha Dude
06-28-2011, 01:46 PM
"When you said prawn, I thought you said war" LOL ;D

Fawlty towers is a classic.

Dagless
06-28-2011, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon
Salaam

And just to show that the Brits can make fun of themselves, observe :D
Wouldn't that be making fun of the Germans? :p

Ramadhan
06-29-2011, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Wouldn't that be making fun of the Germans?

I think Don't mention the war is the funniest of all Fawlty towers episodes.

سيف الله
06-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Wouldn't that be making fun of the Germans? :p
Haha, you can take it that way, but no not really, they come of as quite dignified, meanwhile Basil cant stop harking back to the 'war'

Give him credit though, Basil heroically tries to control his little englander impulses, but in the end it overwhelms him :P

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!