/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What can you do when you're outside and prayer time comes?

Salahudeen
06-18-2011, 06:16 PM
When I'm at home I do all the prayers, but when I go out and a prayer time comes, I often have to delay it untill I get home because there's no where to pray outside and sometimes the time for that prayer passes so I read it past its time. What do you guys do when your out and the prayer time comes? Do you wait untill you reach home and then pray it? Or do you just find some public toilets and do wudu and read it on the road in a quite place?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Who Am I?
06-18-2011, 06:26 PM
I do the same, bro. I pray at home, at work sometimes, and at the masjid. If I am out doing something when it is prayer time, I finish what I am doing and either go home or go to the masjid to pray. Sometimes I have to combine prayers if I miss one and then another prayer time comes around before I get a chance to do the one before it. I try not to miss any if I can help it, but I admit I have missed a few here and there.

cat eyes
06-18-2011, 06:44 PM
yeah pray as soon as you get home

Starrynight
06-19-2011, 05:17 PM
What about if you're in class and working one right after the other. When do you pray? Should you save any prayers that you miss for when you get home or is this really awful?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
06-19-2011, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Starrynight
What about if you're in class and working one right after the other. When do you pray? Should you save any prayers that you miss for when you get home or is this really awful?
i dont know about that. ud have to ask a scholar.

S_87
06-19-2011, 08:44 PM
if by the time your class has finished the time for prayer is also over then there is no excuse to miss. one must find a way to pray in class even if it is asking for a 5 minute break.
prayer always comes first

missy
06-19-2011, 10:31 PM
:sl:

yeah, it's possible to pray in some clean place where there is no kind of distraction, like a sidewalk provided you are sure about the direction of the Qiblah. If you don't have wudu you can make Tayammum instead. You do know how to perform it right?
Or if you've got time you could just drive to the nearest mosque. If that's not possible then it's permissible to pray in a clean place.

The Prophet (SAW) said
"The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying and a thing to perform Tayammum, therefore anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due."

This nasheed could help motivate you....:)

Dawud wharnsby - The Crazy Spots I've Prayed

:wa:

Just_A_Girl13
06-19-2011, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peacelover
If you don't have wudu you can make Tayammum instead. You
Salaam sister,

What is tayammum? I have never heard of this before but it sounds like a useful thing.

Peace

Starrynight
06-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Hm... I don't know that there are clean places I could pray at. Maybe a hall or something... If I cannot find a clean place, is it okay to pray sitting down without putting my face to the ground?

missy
06-19-2011, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just_A_Girl13
Salaam sister,

What is tayammum? I have never heard of this before but it sounds like a useful thing.

Peace
Salaam sis,

Tayammum is a substitute for wudu (ablution). It is the use of sand to purify yourself.
You can perform Tayammum when it's time for prayer and you don't have wudu, and are stranded in a place where there is no water at all...
so what you do is...
You take some sand in your hands and then you wipe your face and both the palms with it. You shouldn't take a handful or something....just having a li'l of it is enough. Once you do this you can offer your Salah even if you don't have Wudu. Cool, innit? :)

Because Salah is obligatory so we shouldn't find any excuse to miss it.

GuestFellow
06-19-2011, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
When I'm at home I do all the prayers, but when I go out and a prayer time comes, I often have to delay it untill I get home because there's no where to pray outside and sometimes the time for that prayer passes so I read it past its time. What do you guys do when your out and the prayer time comes? Do you wait untill you reach home and then pray it? Or do you just find some public toilets and do wudu and read it on the road in a quite place?

I go home as quickly as possible. I'll admit, I'm no comfortable praying in public. I dislike public toilets... +o( I always manage my time to ensure I will pray at the correct time.

missy
06-19-2011, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Starrynight
Hm... I don't know that there are clean places I could pray at. Maybe a hall or something... If I cannot find a clean place, is it okay to pray sitting down without putting my face to the ground?

Clean doesn't necessarily mean that it should be spick-and-span...you should just make sure that there is no major impurity on the ground...you get the point eh?

And if in case the place does have some kind of impurity then i'm not sure if you can pray in it or not :-\

One Chance
06-19-2011, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=peacelover;1449014][B]

Clean doesn't necessarily mean that it should be spick-and-span...you should just make sure that there is no major impurity on the ground...you get the point eh?

And if in case the place does have some kind of impurity then i'm not sure if you can pray in it or not :-\

salams, how about if you put something under you for example a jumper?

Galaxy
06-19-2011, 11:33 PM

There is no excuse to miss prayer! Missing prayer is the top major sin after Shirk...it doesn't matter where you are, you must pray on time! I avoid going out because I like staying in the comfort of my home, but when those times when I must go out come, I make sure the place is somewhere I can pray and private.

Starrynight
06-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Yeah, I don't think I would want to miss any prayers. I take rules pretty seriously, lol. I suppose I will just have to hope no one bothers me if they see me praying. I bet I can do it in the halls or something when people are in class. Thanks all!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!