/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need Motivation

One Chance
06-19-2011, 09:42 AM
salams brothers and sisters, im new to this, made this account because just recently ive noticed my imam is low, and i have started to work on that for example waking up and going to the masjid for fajr, it would be helpfull if you guys can help me with some verses in the quran, or little hadiths which one you guys hear or read just brings that spark to your heart mashallah.

Thank youu:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
06-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Salam Brother,

I hope this one will help you: This is how I am praying fajr now, and also because Allah guided me:)

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...hy-pray-2.html

I have to pray because... THERE IS NO COMMAND, Non Whatsoever that was prescribed on US in HEAVEN except "SALAH".
Every other IBADAH or rituals that we have was prescribed on EARTH through Angel Gibrel (pbuh) with exception of "SALAH"

It was reserved to be given to our Prophet Mohd (pbuh) with special ONE ON ONE Meeting (Prophet Ascencion) between Him and Allah (SWT)
Salah is so important that Allah prescribed it to Prophet Mohd in direct conversation without anyone in BETWEEN (same for Prophet Mosa)
This is to show how important "Salah" is
Prophet Mohd said that Salah is so important that when someone leave and ignore the prayer, it is equivalent to leaving ISLAM

Prayer is the Most Important Ritual in ISLAM, it is something that no one is excused from
Everything else have excuse, HAJJ, Fasting, Charity, etc
However a Muslim must pray even he is paralyzed or in comma, even when the battle is going on...
If a person left the prayer intentionally, he has left the fold of ISLAM

Knowing this actually helped me perform my prayer on time and wake up for fajr, alhamdollelah

Sorry brothers and sisters, I have been struggling to pray in fajr and this was the most effective reason behind me waking up in fajr, all your input was excellent Masha Allah

I Hope this will be a help to others to wake up in fajr and perform the 5prayers/day, and by the way one best technique to pray for fajr is to have an intention before sleeping, inshallah
aside from remembering the above

One Chance
06-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Salams sister,

thankyou very much they are all helpful and motivational, hamdullah i dont miss any prayers but just lately ive been cutting off on praying fajr and leaving it till i wake up, but for the past week hamdullah ive tried waking up even though its cold lol.
a story that helped get motivated is Abu Qadama and the little boyeven though its not about salat, it helped me think twice of my imam, have you heard it?

Riana17
06-19-2011, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by One Chance
Salams sister,

thankyou very much they are all helpful and motivational, hamdullah i dont miss any prayers but just lately ive been cutting off on praying fajr and leaving it till i wake up, but for the past week hamdullah ive tried waking up even though its cold lol.
a story that helped get motivated is Abu Qadama and the little boyeven though its not about salat, it helped me think twice of my imam, have you heard it?
salam
No, can you pls share it?
And also do you know the consequences of not praying in fajr? I didnt intend to miss a prayer since converting for I know it is obligatory but I wanted to improve like you so I looked everywhere & pray to improve , that helped me, knowing that SALAH is the most important Ibadah,,,

Actually I was like atheist who didnt go to church for like 3yrs so its not easy step. But alhamdollelah so far so good.
Just dont stop praying and looking for something that will really kick the evil out of you :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
One Chance
06-19-2011, 12:08 PM
salams
mashallah hope you like the religion:D Im not allowed to post links as i just joined but just copy this into the youtube seaech bar "Heart Touching Story , The Story Of Abu Qudama and The Young Boy" its by brother bilal assad very touching, let me know what you think, as it helped me and increased my imam:D

and btw i dont know the consequences of missing fajr all i know is that Narrated 'Abdullah : A person was mentioned before the Prophet (p.b.u.h) and he was told that he had kept on sleeping till morning and had not got up for the prayer. The Prophet said, "Satan urinated in his ears." (Bukhari book 21, hadith no:245)

Riana17
06-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Salam brother, I watched it-a 25min video, you seems young are you less than 20?
that story is mainly about jihad brother, battle field, It's good your imaan is increased this way, but it may be off topic to say but i dont think nowadays there is kind of jihad like that, mainly people are fighting & killing behind the politics :)

Yes you are right with the 2nd one, there are more but i have to search for exact txt

salam

Mister Agenda
06-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Welcome One Chance, I'm sure the good people here can help you.

One Chance
06-19-2011, 10:57 PM
nah im nearly 20. yeah it is about jihad, but i didnt interperut it that way, its just a story that brings you closer to your deen hamdullah, its just inspirational and shows you the rewards of making it to jannah thats what i took from it :D and you are right it is nowadays its all politics, but the biggest jihad if im not wrong is with the nafhs yourself and your desires thats the only jihad i would want to be in haha.

Salams

One Chance
06-19-2011, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE]Welcome One Chance, I'm sure the good people here can help you./QUOTE]

thankyou Mister Agenda

Hamza Asadullah
06-20-2011, 02:45 AM
salams brothers and sisters, im new to this, made this account because just recently ive noticed my imam is low, and i have started to work on that for example waking up and going to the masjid for fajr, it would be helpfull if you guys can help me with some verses in the quran, or little hadiths which one you guys hear or read just brings that spark to your heart mashallah.

Thank youu:statisfie
Asalaamu Alaikum,

My brother we need to realise and really ask ourselves how limited is our life and how can we really be sure that we will live until tomorrow. We have a 50% chance of dying at any moment and 50% is a huge chance of dying yet we live everyday like we will live forever in this world but we are asleep and so heedless. We do so much for this world and gain wealth, propertys and various other investments but if we die the next day then will this wealth and assets accompany us? The ONLY thing that will come with us is our good deeds. Our good deeds will be our companions in the grave and in the hereafter because they will be there for us when we REALLY need them the most, whereas what we gained in this world will leave us at the point of death.

So is it wise to spend our whole lives working for this world in expense of the next? Are we going to be here for that long that we should do so much for this world and neglect our final destination?

The succession of the night and day teach us an important lesson about this life; what goes will never come back again. This lesson is only understood by the wise people and leads them to invest all of their time in useful things as they realise that these times will never come back again. Once each second, minute, hour and day is gone it will NEVER come back. Yet our seconds go by and we do not even bother to ensure we make the best of how we spend them.

Rasulallah (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) urged us to use our time in a useful way when he said:

“Grab five things before five others: your youth before your old age, your health before your illness, your wealth before your poverty, your leisure before your work, and your life before your death.” (Al-Hakim)

So, whoever used his time for the benefits and pleasures of this life will regret after he died and his remorse will be very great at two times:

When he is dying he will wish that he is given another chance or extension to his life so that he may do good as Allah says:

In Falsehood will they be Until, when death comes to one of them, he says: “O my Lord! send me back (to life),- In order that I may work righteousness in the things I neglected.” By no means! It is but a word he says. Before them is a Partition till the Day they are raised up. (23:99-100)

The key to success in this life and the next is making the hereafter the MOST important thing to us and making it our main focus. If we constantly keep the hereafter as our main focus everyday of our lives and strive as much as we can everyday to ensure that each second is spent on building up our hereafter then we will not go wrong inshallah.

Ibn Masood said: “I have never regretted anything as a day spent of my life without doing good deeds.”

How many days have we had like this where we have completely wasted them? On the day of judgement we would want to go back so that we could gain the HUGE rewards that are available just for saying Subhanallah!

Bilal ibn ass’d once said: if we are asked: ‘‘do you want to die?’’, we answer ‘‘No’’; and if we are asked ‘‘why?’’ we reply ‘‘in order to repent ad do good deeds’’. However if it’s said to us ‘‘Ok then do good deeds’’ we say: ‘‘Yes I will do’’; we keep working for this life everyday and postponing working for the hereafter.

We CANNOT afford to waste a single second in this life wasting it on that which will give us no benefit in this world or the next. Once our focus becomes the hereafter then NOTHING else will matter. Even things that we do in this world like work, study, look after and provide for family, parents, wife children etc will be like worship for us because we will do them for the pleasure of Allah. Even going to the toilet can be a worship if done in accordance with the Sunnah. Our WHOLE life from sleeping, eating, going to sleep and even breathing can become reward and worship with the right intentions so let us not waste a second more.

In the hereafter, when people are rewarded according to their deeds in this life, he wishes if he can go back to this life so he can do good deeds as he has experienced the hardness of punishment.

Allah says:

They will say: “Our Lord! Twice hast Thou made us without life, and twice hast Thou given us Life! Now have we recognized our sins: Is there any way out (of this)?” (40:11)

Qatadah said regarding the last verse: By Allah, they don’t wish to go back to their families or clans, to get more of the pleasure of life, or to spend and fulfill their desires. Rather, they wished to return in order to perform and do acts of obedience to Allah - the Almighty -; God have mercy on those who do, in this life, the same good deeds and act of obedience that the unbeliever will wish to do when they meet the punishment in the Judgment Day.

Allah the Exalted also says:

But warn them of the Day of Distress, when the matter will be determined: for (behold,) they are negligent and they do not believe! (19:39)

Ibn Kathir provided the following translation for the latter verse:

(And warn them of the Day of grief and regrets) warn the creation of the Day of Distress.
(When the case has been decided) when the people of Paradise and the people of Hell will be sorted out, and everyone will reach his final abode which he was destined to remain in forever.

(While (now) they are) today, in the present life of this world.

(In a state of carelessness) with the warning of the Day of grief and regret, they are heedless.

(And they believe not) meaning they do not believe that it is true.

Imam Ahmad narrted that Abu Sa`id said that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “When the people of Paradise enter Paradise and the people of the Hellfire enter the Hellfire, death will be brought in the form of a handsome ram and it will be placed between Paradise and the Hellfire.” Then, it will be said, “O people of Paradise, do you know what this is?” Then, they will turn their gazes and look, and they will say, “Yes, this is death.”' Then, it will be said, “O people of the Hellfire, do you know what this is?”' Then, they will turn their gazes and look, and they will say, “Yes, this is death.” Then, the order will be given for it to be slaughtered and it will be said, “O people of Paradise, eternity and no more death, O people of Hellfire, eternity and no more death.” Then the Messenger of Allah recited the previous Ayah; then, the Messenger of Allah made a gesture with his hand and said: “The people of this life are in the state of heedlessness of this life.”

Let us get ourselves out of this heedless state that we are in and let us make our ONLY focus the hereafter so that EVERYTHING we do we do to please Allah. Before we do any action we should just stop and think to ourselves "Is this action going to be of any benefit to me in the hereafter"? If it is not then let us do that which WILL be of benefit to us. This brief moment of reflection will help us throughout our lives because it will prevent us from wasting our precious time and it will enable us to spend our precious seconds pleasing Allah and doing good deeds.

A clever and intelligent person realises that they have such limited time in this world and therefore each second should be spent on doing that which will benefit them in the long term as oppose to in the short term. Short term gains are what we do for this world and long term gains are what we do for the hereafter. Now if we spend our lives living for this world then we will have gains which are so short lived and after we die what will we have for eternity? Whereas if we lived this life to a minimum and spent our entire lives working for the hereafter then we will benefit FOREVER!

Hasan Al Basri (RA) said: "O people, prepare for departure for very little time remains of this world.

Prepare for the transition to the Hereafter!

Do you not know that each on of you will soon be alone with his deeds and will have to present them to Allah?

He forbade you from sinning, but you have not stopped sinning!

He threatened you with the Hell-fire but you are neither afraid not terrified of it!

What argument will you put forth when you face Allah"?

We must realise that this world is like a dream that will end at any moment and in the next world we will wake up from this dream and that is when reality will hit us but by then it will be too late to do anything about it. Our chance to act is NOW! Therefore we CANNOT waste a second more.

Therefore let us spend our time learning about Islam and implementing what we learn into our lives as well as teaching others what we learn as learning is the best of all worship.

Let us enjoin good and forbid evil and give as much dawah as we can inviting people to the way of Allah. Let us attend the Masjid and keep good connection with it so that we can gain a good connection with Allah.

Read the following thread on Why we must pray our Salaah at the Masjid:

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...ng-masjid.html

Let us keep good and pious company and disregard those who do evil as bad company is like poison for us. Let us sit with the scholars and learned people and those who remember Allah.

Let us spend our time reciting the Qur'an as every letter is so much rewards that we cannot imagine. We will be raised among the levels of Paradise until we stopped reciting the Qur'an in this world.

So let us keep reciting so that we can be raised to the highest stages of Paradise. Let us also learn the meanings of what we are reading so that we can understand what Allah is telling us and so that we can implement what Allah is telling us in the Qur'an into our daily lives.

Read the following thread regarding the Virtues of Memorising the Qur'an:

http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...ise-quran.html

Let us perfect our characters all of the time and whatever we need to change about ourselves for the better then let us constantly work on these things.

Abu Darda (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, "Nothing will be heavier on the Day of Resurrection in the Scale of the believer than good manners. Allah hates one who utters foul or coarse language.''

Let us strive to be the best towards others in conduct and let us serve our parents as much as we can as serving ones parents is better than jihad.

Let us give as much as we can to charity for the pleasure of Allah for we will regret the money we wasted and did not spend in the way of Allah.

Let us also busy ourselves in prayer and much prostrations in the for of nawafil prayers because the more we prostrate to Allah in the form of prayer then the higher our ranks will be in the hereafter.

We should always ask of Allah in dua and know that dua is the weapon of the believer and this weapon should be used as much as possible for all of our duas that are not answered in this world will be stored for us in the hereafter and when we see the reward of those duas we thought were not accepted then we will wish that NONE of our dua's were ever accepted just so that we can gain these HUGE rewards.

Surely Allah the exalted has favoured us out of countless people and given us the best gift we can ever imagine - IMAAN. He has give us better health and more wealth than most people in this world. He is feeding us and has clothed us.

We can go on and on and listing the favours Allah has done for us for ETERNITY and we will NEVER be able to repay him back for even ONE favour he has done for us and imagine how many infinite favours he has and is still doing for us day in and day out and still we are not appreciative or thankful.

So we should be of the appreciative and thankful and always thank Allah for everything he has given us because he has done so many favours for us that we can never imagine. Allah gives more to the thankful and increases them in blessings.

-Allah likes those who are thankful [39:7]

-Allah rewards those who are thankful [3:144]

-Allah gives more benefits and blessings to those who are thankful [14:7]

-Allah protects those from harm who render Him thankfulness [54:34-35]

Also let us be patient through trials, hardships and adversities because they will help rid us of sin and it may be that a person who went through much trials in the world would face Allah with little or no sin and imagine how lucky that person would be on a day when we will tremble for the sins we committed in the world. What a terrible day that will be.

We should spend our time in repentance and have hope in the mercy of Allah and at the same time have fear that our repentance and deeds won't be accepted. Hope and fear should always be balanced and one should not have too much hope and one should not have too much fear but strike a balance between the two.

Let us keep our tongues moist with the remembrance and glorification of Allah, How easy is it for us to utter useless words but how much will we regret when we realise that instead of all the useless talk we did in the world we we could have glorified Allah and even one glorification of Allah like Subhanallah and La ilaha ilallah gains one rewards one cannot imagine. It is just that in this world we cannot see these rewards but when we will see the rewards for ourselves on the day of judgement then we will say "Woe to me i wasted my life in useless talk when i could have been glorifying and remembering Allah."

Raabiah (RA) Said: "I have never heard the Adhan except that i remember the caller who will announce the day of Resurrection and i never see the falling snow except that i imagine the flying pages of the records of peoples deeds (On that day), and i never see swarms of locusts except that i think about the Great Gathering on the last day."

What a terrible day it will be and what have we prepared for it? We constantly waste our days and we do not realise that each day that is gone will NEVER come back again!

Hadhrat Mu'az [RA] narrated Rasulallah (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The Inhabitants of Paradise will not be grief stricken or sorrowful about anything they did in the life of the world except for the time they spent without being in the remembrance of Allah” (Tabaraani)

We can remember Allah where ever we are no matter what we are doing and this is the best thing we can do in our lives is to constantly remain in the remembrance of Allah. If we alwyas have Allah in our hearts then we will do EVERYTHING to please him and refrain from anything that displeases him.

The Prophet of Guidance (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) told us that remembrance of Allah is the best and the purest deed.

Abu Dardaa narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “Shall I tell you of the best and purest of your deeds before your King, the one that elevates your position the most; that is better for you than meeting your enemies whose necks you strike and they also strike your necks, and better than spending gold and silver?” The companions said, “O Yes.” The Prophet (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) then said, “Remembrance of Allaah, the Exalted.” (Ahmad, Tirmidhi and others).

So my brother let us take heed and make the changes in our life NOW for tomorrow may never come and then we will regret the precious short time we have wasted in our lives on useless pursuits.

Let us think before doing any action to ensure that EVERYTING we do we do to please Allah and if it will benefit us in the hereafter then we should do it but if it will only waste our time then we should not do it.

We CANNOT put this off any longer for shaythan will always say to us "You can change after you have done this or after you have done that, You can change next week or tomorrow". But tomorrow may never come so the time to change and act is NOW!

Al-Hasan Al-Basri said:Seek sweet happiness in three things: performing prayer, Remembering Allah, and reading the Holy Quran. If you find (delight in those three things), it is alright. But if you do not, it means that the door (to Allah’s Love and Mercy) is closed; so search for the reason.”

Another of the righteous men said, “How miserable people of the present world are! They pass away from it without having tasted the most delicious thing therein.” And when he was asked: “What is the most delicious thing therein?”, he said: “Knowing Allah, the Almighty, loving Him, and remembering Him.”

Therefore we need to strive to make the best of each second of our lives to ensure that each second is spent on pleasing Allah and each second that we waste on that which will not benefit us in the hereafter will be seconds that are wasted and seconds that we will regret FOREVER!

REMEMBER: The World is made up of just Three Days:

It is reported from Al-Hasan Al-Basrî – Allâh have mercy on him – that he said:
The life of this world is made up of three days: yesterday has gone with all that was done; tomorrow, you may never reach; but today is for you so do what you should do today. Al-Bayhaqî, Al-Zuhd Al-Kabîr p197.

May Allah enable us to make the best of each precious second in order to do everything to please him and refrain from anything which angers or displeases him.

Finally Hamid al-Qasyrasi (RA) said: "Though we all know Death is certain for us, we have NOT prepared ourselves for it!

Though we know Paradise is definate, we have NOT worked for it.

Though we know the fire of Hell exists, we have NOT feared it.

So why are you delighted?

What are you waiting for?

Death is the first visitor from the Almighty bringing good or evil tidings.

So get closer to your Lord!"

For us to strive to please Allah so that we can attain the top ranks of Jannah then please visit this thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...ks-jannah.html

In regards to waking up for Fajr Salaah then you must take the following steps:

1. Try to sleep as early as possible if you do not need to do anything imortant after Isha Salaah because the earlier you sleep the easier it will be to wake up for Fajr

2. Try not to have any heavy meals in the evening as this will make it harder for you to wake up for Fajr

3. Try to encourage your family to also wake up for Fajr and tell them of the importance of Salaah as well as the fact that it is the purpose of our creation. If your family wakes up for Fajr then it will also be easier for you as they would also wake you up. If one or two of your family members do wake up for Fajr then tell them to also wake you up.

4. Make firm intention in your heart that you will wake up for Fajr no matter what and ask of Allah in your dua to make it easy for you to wake up for Fajr prayer.

5. Put on two or even three alarms and put them on 5 minutes apart and put them in places in your room where you know it will be a struggle getting to them. This way you will have to be wide awake to get to the alarms. As there will be three of them this will prevent you going back to bed again.

6. Most importantly when you awaken for Fajr then do NOT say to yourself i'll lay for a bit and then get up. This is the biggest trick of shaythan to make us fall asleep and miss Fajr prayer. As soon as the eyes are open then go straight to the bathroom.

Here are some very beneficial lectures which you should listen to, to increase your imaan and fear of Allah:

Remembrance: ask Allah for his forgiveness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-EK9r3rMzQ

Angel of Death!!! - Sheikh Ahmed Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzRJXlB2uA

HARD HITTING Lecture on HELLFIRE & the Day of JUDGEMENT! يوم القيامة والجحيم

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O6L_fBk7VM

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 1/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTehIeCOUU

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 2/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTtk7rWx_U

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 3/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiD86w9fBc

Islam - Punishment of the Grave by Sheikh Riyadh ul Haq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWb-hYIm2WE

Death and the Grave by Murtaza Khan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r2nzJVecqo

How can we not appreciate what we have after watching this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEBUC0APMg

AMAZING short speech -"The Goodly Life"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fugf1DcNyc

If you need help, advice or anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask. Please remember me in your duas.

and Allah knows best in all matters

One Chance
06-20-2011, 04:15 AM
Mashallah brother thank you for everything you guys are real helpful, and may allah reward you the best of rewards inshallah, you are all very helpful thank you. :D

One Chance
06-20-2011, 04:18 AM
You have also reminded me of a quick talk ive listened to a couple of months ago, if anyone is intrested im not allowed to post links yet but just type this in youtube search bar "A Simple Reminder ~ One Day We Will Face The Truth Of Death !"

Riana17
06-20-2011, 04:34 AM
nah im nearly 20. yeah it is about jihad, but i didnt interperut it that way, its just a story that brings you closer to your deen hamdullah, its just inspirational and shows you the rewards of making it to jannah thats what i took from it :D and you are right it is nowadays its all politics, but the biggest jihad if im not wrong is with the nafhs yourself and your desires thats the only jihad i would want to be in haha.

Salams
BIG Salam
Yes I would like to add the "Jannah" last night, its the best part, but my internet was down.
It's a good story, esp for young boys like you ...not to look for worldly thing in this life.

Again you are right, and that's one of my favorite quote from our Prophet (pbuh)

One Chance
06-20-2011, 04:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
BIG Salam
Yes I would like to add the "Jannah" last night, its the best part, but my internet was down.
It's a good story, esp for young boys like you ...not to look for worldly thing in this life.

Again you are right, and that's one of my favorite quote from our Prophet (pbuh)

Salams, yes its very nice saying, the other video i also was talking bout in my early post is also nice, its a little talk during a janaza if you want to watch it aswell search in google "A Simple Reminder ~ One Day We Will Face The Truth Of Death !" very intresting wallah. It has also woke me up :)

salams

Riana17
06-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Salams, yes its very nice saying, the other video i also was talking bout in my early post is also nice, its a little talk during a janaza if you want to watch it aswell search in google "A Simple Reminder ~ One Day We Will Face The Truth Of Death !" very intresting wallah. It has also woke me up :)

salams
Okay Son, I will watch at home inshallah, I am at work and not ideal to watch right?LOOOL

One Chance
06-20-2011, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Okay Son, I will watch at home inshallah, I am at work and not ideal to watch right?LOOOL
Lol yeh your right wouldnt be right, inshallah kheir lol, you should find it a good quick reminder not just targeted at youths but at all hamdullah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!