/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Important Question Regarding Zakat

AllahIsMyGod
06-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Salam brothers and sisters
I am 15 Years old and i have devoted my life to Allah and the teaching of the Rasool (pbuh) but as i see, every family has to annualy pay 2.5% of the money to poor people (Zakat) (5% in Shiaa)
But the thing is, my father is not devoted, he does not pray or do zakat or fast etc and i am the only one in the family who is Taqi.
So since my father will not accept to pay zakat, is it ok if i save alot of money and give them away to poor as zakat? My family has 30000$ and right now i managed to save up 2.5% of it (about 200$) so may i give away the whole money as zakat for the whole family, or must i pay 2.5% of the 200$? im so sorry for the stupid question for im still discovering the wonder that is Islam <3

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!