/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Diary of a Badman.

Ghazalah
06-22-2011, 04:04 PM
:sl:

I'm totally against this guys videos, he has what, 5% of Islam in his videos? If you have no idea what diary of a badman is then I encourage you don't waste your time in trying to search for it. But I found this video going against him...

He addresses the issue very well but I think he was quite harsh... What's your views?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Perseveranze
06-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I've seen one episode and it's quite sad. I don't know if he's even a Muslim, but he's mimicking Islam and it's practices and throwing it out as a "joke".

Whatever the case, don't watch that useless timewaste.

aamirsaab
06-22-2011, 04:18 PM
In all fairness, the makers of Diary of a Badman never, ever claimed their content was A) Islamic B) suitable for a young audience

So any criticisms levied on either of those basis aren't justified. Neither is a 30 minute lecture.

Whilst I agree that the videos aren't particularly Islamic nor educational, they were never intended to be.

Ghazalah
06-22-2011, 04:24 PM
He is mocking Islam in his videos, mocking women who wear niqaab. Then thinking the last two minutes justify the nonsense in his videos.

"If you ask them (about this), they declare: "We were only talking idly and joking." Say: "Was it at Allah and His Ayah and His Messenger (saw) that you were mocking?" Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after you had believed. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you because they were Mujrimoon (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, criminals, etc.)" [9:65-6]

Ibn Qudama Maqdasi al Hambali [Kitabul Mughni -- Baabul Murtad v8 p299]
"Who ever swear at Allah (swt) whether joking or serious is a kafir" and "Who ever mocks, Allah (swt) his Messengers, his book or the good deeds of the believers (amale saleh) is a kafir"

Imam Qurtabi reported that Ibnul Arabi (immati Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah)
[Qurtabi Jami al Ahkam Quran v8 p397]
Qurtabi explained that Ibnul Arabi said "those who mocking the Sahabah (ra) were either serious or joking...in anyway that is kufr akbar, if he was serious then the hukm is clear cut, but if he was laughing at the kufr then he is still a kafir.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
06-22-2011, 04:25 PM
I'll agree that diary of a badman is a load of crap

but these al muhajiroon so called 'scholars' cannot be taken seriously, this guy is trying to preach islam yet constantly insults and threatens humzah, he talks like some kind of badboy wannabe himself.

Ghazalah
06-22-2011, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
but these al muhajiroon so called 'scholars' cannot be taken seriously, this guy is trying to preach islam yet constantly insults and threatens humzah, he talks like some kind of badboy wannabe himself.
Yeah, despite getting to the point, he was quite harsh.

aadil77
06-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Also diary of a badman is not meant to be some islamic series either, its clearly just a bunch of idiots putting it on and trying to act funny, the videos are aimed at asian audiences who know about all the stereotypes that he talks about

aamirsaab
06-22-2011, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
He is mocking Islam in his videos, mocking women who wear niqaab. Then thinking the last two minutes justify the nonsense in his videos.
Any time he mocks anything "Islamic" he gets smacked (in some cases, stabbed) for it in the video immediately after. Seriously, his vids are just light entertainment - they aren't serious, he's not really like that and any comments he makes are part of the act.

Not saying you have to like his content (if you don't, quite simply don't watch it), but at the same time don't get self righteous.

May Ayob
06-22-2011, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Any time he mocks anything "Islamic" he gets smacked (in some cases, stabbed) for it in the video immediately after. Seriously, his vids are just light entertainment - they aren't serious, he's not really like that and any comments he makes are part of the act.

salaam Bro,

Then why say it in first place huh?
I mean if this was a guy speaking about the holocoust in the same way everyone would have said oohh this is anti semitism..!
Then why is it okay when someone disregards Islam? Islam is a religion and anyone who knows what Respect means wouldn't go around making such useless programs for so called light entertainment.
Brother give me a break

Salaam

Ghazalah
06-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Seriously, his vids are just light entertainment - they aren't serious,
My point exactly...

"If you ask them (about this), they declare: "We were only talking idly and joking." Say: "Was it at Allah and His Ayah and His Messenger (saw) that you were mocking?" Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after you had believed. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you because they were Mujrimoon (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, criminals, etc.)" [9:65-6]

Nobody is being self-righteous.

GuestFellow
06-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Salaam,

I'm confused lol.

aamirsaab
06-22-2011, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob
salaam Bro,

Then why say it in first place huh?
I mean if this was a guy speaking about the holocoust in the same way everyone would have said oohh this is anti semitism..!
Then why is it okay when someone disregards Islam? Islam is a religion and anyone who knows what Respect means wouldn't go around making such useless programs for so called light entertainment.
Brother give me a break

Salaam
Oh please, it's a youtube video. There are far worse things out there in the real world CAUSED SOLELY by people who call themselves muslims - stuff that would in all honesty break your heart and crush your spirit. I don't see anyone getting on their high horses, pulling out hadith or making 32 minute long lectures about them. No, reserve that for diary of a badman(!)

Nobody is being self-righteous.
Ukthi, this whole thread stinks of self-righteous. You can't criticise his videos as being un-islamic when they were never intended to be in the first place!

May Ayob
06-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh please, it's a youtube video. There are far worse things out there in the real world CAUSED SOLELY by people who call themselves muslims - stuff that would in all honesty break your heart and crush your spirit. I don't see anyone getting on their high horses, pulling out hadith or making 32 minute long lectures about them. No, reserve that for diary of a badman(!)
Salaam Bro,
What is before Worse is Bad, and just because there are many bad things out there doesn't justify this useless waste of time, can you please explain how this stuff is "light entertainment" as you seem to be approving of this waste.

I didn't mean offend you , and if i did then i am sorry

Salaam

May Ayob
06-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Ukthi, this whole thread stinks of self-righteous. You can't criticise his videos as being un-islamic when they were never intended to be in the first place!
Of they are so un-Islamic then why mention Islam in first place , why because it is the hotshot everyone is making fun in our Modern Day thus if you want your audeince to laugh , make fun of bearded muslim man , or a muslim woman who wears the Niqaab..

Salaam

GuestFellow
06-22-2011, 06:50 PM

I think I understand what is going on. Some person who calls himself the badman creates funny videos about Islam, targeted towards the Asian community. This Muslim man creates a 30 minute video against the badman and apparently, is harsh in his critique or correction.

I think the 30 minute video is an over-reaction. Cannot youtube members get into contact with each other in private and discuss this? It should not be that difficult.

I personally find al muhajiroon very intimidating. I think they need to relax, find more serious issues to discuss and be sensitive.

I think we all have better things to do than discuss about some badman creating some videos. Just ignore it.

Ghazalah
06-22-2011, 07:01 PM
The point of this thread was not to criticise his videos because I was under the impression nobody on here would actually defend him. The whole point was whether you guys agreed with what the guy, on the video I posted, was correct in what he was saying? I mean he's trying to show that what the diary of a badman is doing is wrong, but the manner he went about it was wrong don't you think? Two wrongs don't make a right

Btw my intention for making this thread was not to argue, and if I came about as being self-righteous then I apologise.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I am not going to comment on the 'humour' part of the bad man vids, but the part I find issues with is when they sort of mock the Niqaabi women..I dont know some of the words they use sound like theyre making fun..it would be classed as idol talking dont you think?

And to not try sound like im defending anyone, but the bro who makes the vids, is probably not aware what he may be doing is wrong, saying this i may even be wrong,so Allahu Alam on that. So it would be required of us to inform him insha'Allaah..

Im sincerely not looking for arguments for those who disagree with me please insha'Allaah..

cuezed
06-22-2011, 07:45 PM
The video above is stupid. Sounds like the guys jealous. And why is he trying to speak like a badboy himself? Hypocrite or what?!

aamirsaab
06-22-2011, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob
Salaam Bro,
What is before Worse is Bad, and just because there are many bad things out there doesn't justify this useless waste of time, can you please explain how this stuff is "light entertainment" as you seem to be approving of this waste.

I didn't mean offend you , and if i did then i am sorry

Salaam
I'm not offended sis, it's just that there are seriously so many things that are going on in this world worthy of an imaam's sermon than a youtube video.

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I personally find al muhajiroon very intimidating. I think they need to relax, find more serious issues to discuss and be sensitive.
This right here highlights exactly what's wrong with today's muslim communities. We don't demonise the Muslim leaders who corrupted our own home countries turning them into cesspools of evil; raped our own sisters; killed our own brothers. No, we demonise some kid on youtube for acting like a fool, call him a kufr and give him a 32 minute lecture on how he is a bad example. Jeez.

The point of this thread was not to criticise his videos because I was under the impression nobody on here would actually defend him. The whole point was whether you guys agreed with what the guy, on the video I posted, was correct in what he was saying? I mean he's trying to show that what the diary of a badman is doing is wrong, but the manner he went about it was wrong don't you think? Two wrongs don't make a right

Btw my intention for making this thread was not to argue, and if I came about as being self-righteous then I apologise.
Ok, that was my bad. So I do apologise if I bit anyone's head off.

Regarding the imaam's youtube video. Yes he has a point about the youth, but coming down like a ton of bricks on of all things a youtube video (that is intended to be humorous) is becoming self-righteous, especially when he drops in several utterances of Kufr. At that point, I actually turned it off because it was clear this guy had no idea what he was talking about and just wanted to rant for half an hour about a stereotype character who he thinks is actually real.

Hannah.
06-22-2011, 09:22 PM
I do agree that his videos aren't that Islamic, but I've noticed at the end of his videos he does try to send out a positive message to everyone.

Rhubarb Tart
06-23-2011, 12:31 AM
Never heard of this Diary of badman? So who cares?

Zafran
06-23-2011, 01:06 AM
Salaam

If you skip to the end of "bad mans" videos he does try to bring Islamic morality in his conclusions - but overall the video has nothing to do with Islam and alot to do with Pak culture in the UK. Its a critic and a mockery of that then anything else.

peace

Reflections
06-23-2011, 01:21 AM
AsSalaamu 3alaykum,

Dairy of a bad man...are basically people who have a lot of time on their hands...that's all.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-23-2011, 02:58 AM
I think we need to stop criticizing efforts that are not from our traditional view and are out of the box, especially when there is nothing in the videos that warrants what some are, in their over zealousness, declaring as kufr or nifaaq (by quoting the ayah from Tawbah). Chill out, your act of self righteously using that ayah against a Muslim is a greater evil than any perceived 'evil' you think they're doing.

Tyrion
06-23-2011, 03:57 AM
I agree 100% with aamirsaab and Muraad...

I had never heard of Diary of a Bad Man before this, but I went ahead and checked it out... It's not even close to being as bad as some people in this thread made it out to be... In fact, its quite funny and entertaining a lot of the time, and he even tries to end his videos with a good message. I can't believe how some people are over reacting though... Honestly, the only thing that I found offensive or embarrassing was the video in the OP. That guy sounds incredibly ignorant and out of touch with reality, and he's probably doing more damage to people's perception of Islam with his little rant than Diary of a Bad Man ever could...

ayesha.ansari
06-23-2011, 05:12 AM
Well where is the video of the bad man diary, or the link, how can we reach that or read that. such kind of things are just to distract true Muslim.

aamirsaab
06-23-2011, 01:32 PM
I checked this imaam's youtube page out (they're called londondawah). They are connected with Anjum Choudry (yeah that guy)...which pretty much explains everything.

Beardo
06-23-2011, 02:55 PM
That video is so highly provocative. That was more than harsh. It was inappropriate, rude, and humiliating. He literally called Humza Arshad a fool. And he said he's lower than baboon. Who does that? May Allah Ta'ala guide and forgive us all.

And I agree with AamirSaab. He never said they were Islamic videos.

May Ayob
06-23-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm not offended sis
Salaam
Thank you
To be Honest I don't even know what "Diary of a Badman" is... let alone i didn't check the video the sister posted..
But i thought it was one of those comedy shows where Islam is being made fun of ... I learnt a lesson i better not comment on anything before i acknowledge it's context.
I hope God forgive me if i hurt anyone in any of my posts or caused any discomfort , or it seemed like i was criticizing ...
I also ask Him to reward everyone that tolerated anything i posted that caused him/ her discomfort

Salaam

GuestFellow
06-23-2011, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
He literally called Humza Arshad a fool. And he said he's lower than baboon.

No wonder the Muslim community is falling apart. Some of us keep fighting amongst ourselves and call each other names.

S_87
06-23-2011, 07:24 PM
when he first started doing the videos, although silly they were also funny.
This last one however-he took it too far, was a bit too gay and disgusting.

fact is many youth do watch him so he has an islamic duty to not go over the limit

where did he insult niqabis, i didnt catch that?

Reflections
06-24-2011, 03:31 PM
^^I agree, even little children watch his videos, I've got little students who copy certain phrases he says and I can't stand it..He needs to tone it down a little with how he portrays whatever message he wants to get through to people..sometimes a little too innapropiate things are shown which shouldn't. But the guy who's been speaking against diary of a badman..associated with anjem chowdery..they need to chill it...seriously..and not just regarding this issue, they take things too extreme.

'Abd-al Latif
09-02-2011, 08:09 PM

I'm totally against this guys videos, he has what, 5% of Islam in his videos? If you have no idea what diary of a badman is then I encourage you don't waste your time in trying to search for it. But I found this video going against him...

He addresses the issue very well but I think he was quite harsh... What's your views?
:salamext:

There is no wisdom in this, it's ranting. To advise in public is to embarrass and humiliate, to advise in private is to offer naseehah. Sadly, this video is the former.

Aamirsaab has a very valid point. Though there may have been an Islamic message included, Humza may not have been intending to make his videos Islamic.

Brothers and sisters, forgive mistakes. Humza aka Mr Bad Man doesn't seem like a religious man so we shouldn't expect him to deliver the perfect Islamic message.

Abz2000
09-03-2011, 03:33 AM
i just finished watching all the episodes after reading the sister's thread.

i can't help but be honest - i was laughing through most of it,
but when i saw them making foolish dances with the woman etc, it made my eyebrows go up and the grin went - that part is not funny,

i also remember seeing one of my cousin's daughter watching it on my laptop when she visited my house a few months back - it was the iphone 4 episode, gotta say, there are some morals in it (especially for the 15 year old girl who doesn't come back home some nights!)

it's like a muslim ali g - but with less lewdness and a few good morals - but some stupid parts that aren't acceptable.

we are on this forum among many practising brothers and sisters masha-Allah, but we must also bear in mind that there are a whole lot of youth who are lost in that culture and are watching things much worse.
personally - now that i've seen it - if i saw one of my nephews watching borat or something filled with filth and neocon propaganda, i'd probably switch this on for them,

i remember hearing a hadith once where the Prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said something in the spirit of - satan tries to make people go astray in different ways, and he employs different methods depending on the person's faith, and down the list with every unsuccessful attempt:

◕◕◕ 6 Tactics of Iblees ◕◕◕
◕1) KUFR AND SHIRK (disbelief and associating partners with Almighty God)
◕2) BID'AH (Innovation in the way of life revealed to the Prophet (pbuh)
◕3) MAJOR SINS
◕4) MINOR SINS
◕5) Occupying too much in PERMISSIBLE THINGS
◕6) Wasting too much time in DEEDS OF LESSER REWARD
and i think a 7th (upon total failure) was vilification, character assassination and oppression.

so, i would think this guys videos fall somewhere near the bottom (between the middle and the bottom),
but if someone is at a lower stage and won't even hear anything good anyone has to say, chills with idiots and tries to act like ali g, can it be useful to reverse that list above to drag him back up? sure he'd laugh and be entertained and learn something. (some kids are already like that with none of the good parts), or are you guilty of that point???

btw, i did notice that when he was saying silly things to the brother with the beard, he was playing the fool, while the brother was portrayed as respectable and always shown in a positive thoughtful light.

but then i saw IN HIS OWN VIDEO where he says: if you're given the choice between two evils, choose none, and if two good, choose both....
which got me thinking..............

i'm sure that video would get a lot of asian youths who are from Muslim backgrounds to think,
especially seeing that some of the paths satan leads them down is horrendously worse.................
and it was good of him to add the few morals he did in his comedy unlike some of the other comedies out there.

but then the stupid jokes with his mum dancing with the boys is bad taste.

still gotta say - he was otherwise funny and if i chose between ali g and him - i'd go with him if i didn't follow his advice to choose none.

there are decent videos out there that are captivating:

but would they even watch them? (is that satan whispering to me - or am i just using my common sense???????????????)

tricky question after seeing the videos.

noorseeker
09-03-2011, 05:36 AM
He could have made no link to islam in his vids, but he has, even if it a tiny bit, more than most of us i guess.

Reflections
02-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Assalaamu 3alaykom

The shaykh feels very strongly about this, subhanAllah you can tell by his voice!

Personally I have watched them, but didn't find myself actually benefiting.

ILuvAllah
02-03-2012, 02:55 AM
Speaking of bad Muslims? I have seen worse. I know a man who is an Imam of a masjid and he stole a lot of money from my father. Now he threatens us that if we try to pressure him for the money then he would cause more harm to us. he even said I did not take the money to give it back. and this is a Imam of a masjid or a hypocrite? not only that, I have seen women wearing hijab and committing adultery. Why is the shaykh not talking about such cheaters in Islam? Allah will put these cheaters into hell fire before he put people like humza. and I doubt humza will enter hell fire. he is not as cheap as those pathetic people.

ardianto
02-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Assalamualaikum.

I cannot say I am a good Muslim. I am still very far from good, but compared with my past, .... Alhamdulillah.

And people who made me 'back to Islam' are not people who love to threat with "haram! haram!", but people like Humza who could speak about Islam in a way that is easy to understand. There are many way of da'wah, and da'wah in the way like Humza has done is more effective to attract youth back to Islam, than da'wah that show the 'hard Islam'.

Tyrion
02-03-2012, 08:48 AM
There was another thread just like this a while back, with a video of some nut screaming about how evil diary of a badman is. Seems like this is more of the same... Actually, it could just be the audio from that video... I didn't listen long enough to know for sure since I value my brain cells.

I hope nobody takes this kind of stuff seriously though... It's pretty ridiculous how worked up he's getting over something so insignificant, especially when it seems like he hasn't even watched the videos he's talking about. Putting some nice sounding music over his rant doesn't hide the stupidity of what he's actually saying. (Although I suppose some people fell for it, since it wouldn't be going around otherwise...) To top it off, Diary of a badman isn't even that bad... In fact, it's probably done more good than this guy...

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Diary of a bad man (facepalm) - the guy is a clown. And Muslims DON'T respect clowns. Let's put that aside for a second, no one in the world takes clowns seriously, they are a fad, and entertainment and no matter what kind of message they are trying to portray, it doesn't change the fact that they *******ized the intent of it by going all out in their alter ego, clowned self.

and da'wah in the way like Humza has done is more effective to attract youth back to Islam, than da'wah that show the 'hard Islam'.
Rrrrreaaaaalllyyy? Where is the proof? How do you measure such a brash claim? oh wait, unless you are judging by the blue jeans jamaat that walks into the masjid for Jumma prayer, with their jeans dragging by their heels (facepalm). They are sad compromises who only go Jumma because they are afraid that people will think they are "bad". When asked to roll their jeans up above the ankles, you get a very 'diary of a badman-ish' type response, something like "Nah blud, this is how I do ya get me blud?"... two thappar on his sar and he'll be getting my handprint making him look like darth maul.

Scimi

~Zaria~
02-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Assalamu-alaikum,

I had never heard of this 'Diary of a Madman' until today.

How does one even consider his pieces of absolute nonsense, a means of 'dawah'?? ^o)

If young muslims, are actually looking up to types such as these - then I truly fear for this ummah.

What an embarrassment!

What a mockery to Islam, and our Nabi (sallahu alaihi wasalam)!

Is this the new face of the muslim scholar?

His videos fall under 'comedy' - poor comedy at that, not dawah!

Please brothers and sisters - raise your standards just a bit, when it comes to acquiring deeni knowledge - the most important knowledge you can ever attain on this dunya.....
Its your ticket to the aakhirah.

Not a laughing matter at all.

Salaam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Calm down people...it's not that serious. If you don't like it, move on with your life. No one said you had to like it. Stop hating just because you personally feel it doesn't fit your personal tastes. Your personal views or (mis)interpretation of his videos/message doesn't warrant calling him a hypocrite or that he's making fun of the religion. He's not, he's making fun of the desi culture. If you don't like it it's fine, no need to throw out statements attacking the guys Imaan.

ardianto
02-03-2012, 01:31 PM
@brother Scimi

Do you know bro? many Muslim youth are afraid to Islam and regard Islam as "backward religion".

And people like Humza could show the youth that Islam is religion that fit with modern life. It could make those youth not afraid again to Islam, and start to life as Muslim. InshaAllah, those youth will have interest to learn Islam. And when they start have interest to learn Islam, you can teach them, slowly, softly, and gradualy.

If you come to Muslim youth who afraid to Islam and give da'wah that full of "haram!..haram!", they will run. That's why we need people like Humza who can talk to Muslim youth with 'language' that easily to understood by the youth.

Youth are different than adult, bro.

:)

~Zaria~
02-03-2012, 01:38 PM
I must be mistaken......are we talking about the same 'Diary of a Badman' here?

I dont have the words to express myself on this.
I'll let the smileys speak this time.......

^o):omg::heated::blind::uuh::?

:thumbs_do:thumbs_do:thumbs_do

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
@brother Scimi

Do you know bro? many Muslim youth are afraid to Islam and regard Islam as "backward religion".

And people like Humza could show the youth that Islam is religion that fit with modern life. It could make those youth not afraid again to Islam, and start to life as Muslim. InshaAllah, those youth will have interest to learn Islam. And when they start have interest to learn Islam, you can teach them, slowly, softly, and gradualy.

If you come to Muslim youth who afraid to Islam and give da'wah that full of "haram!..haram!", they will run. That's why we need people like Humza who can talk to Muslim youth with 'language' that easily to understood by the youth.

Youth are different than adult, bro.

:)
My response bro ^ look above. Sister Zaria says it like it is. I mean: Is this the guy who is supposed to be a good influence on Muslim youth?

"on facebook I will Poke your mum"
"Made an app about your aunties mustache"
"expect a spinning bird kick on your mums chin" etc etc etc... sure, you guys go ahead and promote him all you want.

As for dawah? bro, I give dawah to the youth - and there are better ways to get thru to them then be a bad man wannabe idiot.

When Prophet Muhammad pbuh gave dawah in Makkah (the Makka verses of the Quran were also dawah too) he never preached anything about hellfire or haram - instead he preached the beauty and wonderment of Allah SUbhana waTa'aala's creation, on the earth and in the heavens, HIS majesty, might, mercy, and favour upon mankind. e preached the finer qualities that should be instilled in humanity, for the betterment of mankind...

... Fast forward 1400 odd yrs and you got Diary of Bad Man as dawah? Get a grip! This Ummah is messed up man... and it reflects itself in some of the comments I read here and on other forums.

Salaam.

Scimi

Huzzy_786
02-03-2012, 02:09 PM

T
his has said what I want to say.

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muraad
Calm down people...it's not that serious. If you don't like it, move on with your life. No one said you had to like it. Stop hating just because you personally feel it doesn't fit your personal tastes.
I highly doubt it has anything to do with personality tastes - this guy has made a mockery out of Islam. I don't see him as a good influence at all. let me prove it.

Your personal views or (mis)interpretation of his videos/message doesn't warrant calling him a hypocrite or that he's making fun of the religion. He's not, he's making fun of the desi culture. If you don't like it it's fine, no need to throw out statements attacking the guys Imaan.
Attacking his imaan? he did that all by himself when he waxed lyrical about this:

"On facebook I will poke your mum"
"I made an app about your aunties mustache"
"expect a spinning bird kick on your mums chin"

Sure - this qualifies for Imaan in your book right bro? COme on, surely even you can see that this guy is a hypocritical sod. Makes a video full of nonsense and at the end he sometimes says a nice word... and that is dawah? No... that so isn't dawah. That is just heedlessness.

Scimi

aamirsaab
02-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Threads merged. Please use search function next time.

'Abd-al Latif
02-03-2012, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786

T
his has said what I want to say.
There is no wisdom in what he is saying. It's an angry rant.

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Yes, a part of it is, and rightly so in my opinion... but the rest of it is actually quite good. Anyone watched the whole thing yet? I have and I think this guy is spot on.

Scimi

Marina-Aisha
02-03-2012, 03:05 PM
The video has been removed from the user lol but wot ever he said u should just ignore because there will always b people who truly dont understand Islam. Just brush it off it shoulder and move on, wither he was joking or mocking it doesn't matter. Only Allah know the truth and only he will judge. Peace.

~Zaria~
02-03-2012, 03:08 PM
I can not, for the life of me understand how ANY God-fearing muslim on this forum, can actually defend this guy.

Where, or where are we headed?!

Even if Mr Madman has not called himself a 'scholar' and does not claim to be a voice that reflects Islam.......HOW do we even condone EVER watching such videos?

To those who watch Mr Sadman to gain Islamic knowledge - please go open your Quraan and Hadith, sit in the company of your elders and imams - and learn true deen from there.

To those who watch for the purpose of entertainment - please enlighten me: which part of his videos are permissible in Islam?

The rap music?
The disrespect to mothers and women?
The falsehoods that are spread about YOUR Islam?
The humour that is in such bad taste?
......to name a few.......

I am confused.
Where are we in disagreement here?

All in the name of some fun and entertainment, and a few laughs - we are willing to defend this sort of utter nonsense?!

Had the very same videos been produced by a kuffar - with exactly the same content, I promise you - we will ALL be throwing our toys!

Is this not double standards?
Hypocrisy?

Go on - watch another video from this clown/ rapper - and ask yourself this.

I will end with the following to contemplate on, insha Allah.

Please do not take lightly even what is seemingly minor sins, brothers and sisters.
Do we forget that all 'major' sins begin from those that seem somewhat unimportant?

For Allah says:

"When you received it with your tongues and said with your mouths that of which you had no knowledge and thought it was insignificant while it was, in the sight of Allah , tremendous." (Quran 24:15)

Said Anas, may Allah be pleased with him (to one of the followers):
"You imagine certain sins to be more insignificant than a straw. But, at the time of the Prophet we used to count them among those that can destroy a man."

Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:
“The believer regards his sin as if he were sitting beneath a mountain which he fears may fall on him, whereas the sinner regards his sin as if a fly lands on his nose and he swipes it away.”

Let us not be like the sinner who swipes the fly away......thinking too little of it.

There is NO place for these sorts of videos to ANY muslim.
There is NO good in it.
Period.

Salaam

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
The video has been removed from the user lol but wot ever he said u should just ignore because there will always b people who truly understand Islam. Just brush it off it shoulder and move on, wither he was joking or mocking it doesn't matter. Only Allah know the truth and only he will judge. Peace.
Uhm no.

It is your and my duty as a Muslim to stop an injustice physically if you are able, if not then to stop it with your tongue, if unable there then ask Allah to save you from the fitna of it.

This badman clown has taken it too far... And if we can't stop him coz we don't know how to get a hold of him - Then it's up to us to make as amny people aware as possible about him and the danger of what he does.

Misrepresenting Islam the way he does is just wrong. Some of you sound like you like to laugh a lot and catch some jokes, even if it's at the expense of the Muslims and Islam, or the honour of your sisters, mothers, wives and daughters. Wake up. Stop seeing things with one eye...

The prophet PBUH was reported to have said "If you knew what I knew you would laugh less and cry often".

Sitting around doing nothing, ignoring it and hoping it will go away is a very defeatist approach, I have to say... Don't be like that.

format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Had the very same videos been produced by a kuffar - with exactly the same content, I promise you - we will ALL be throwing our toys!
And this is exactly it... thank you for this sis Zaria. Well pointed out!

Scimi

Huzzy_786
02-03-2012, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
The video has been removed from the user lol but wot ever he said u should just ignore because there will always b people who truly dont understand Islam. Just brush it off it shoulder and move on, wither he was joking or mocking it doesn't matter.
Assalamuaalykum,

Lets be honest, if everyone though in this manner, if people who were preaching wrong about Islam and all the muslims stayed silent and 'brushed it off there shoulders and moved on' then who would tell them why there action is wrong.

Dealing with and correcting mistakes is also a part of sincerity in religion (naseehah) which is a duty on all Muslims. The connection between this and the concept of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, which is also a duty

'Abd-al Latif
02-03-2012, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Uhm no.

It is your and my duty as a Muslim to stop an injustice physically if you are able, if not then to stop it with your tongue, if unable there then ask Allah to save you from the fitna of it.

This badman clown has taken it too far... And if we can't stop him coz we don't know how to get a hold of him - Then it's up to us to make as amny people aware as possible about him and the danger of what he does.

Misrepresenting Islam the way he does is just wrong. Some of you sound like you like to laugh a lot and catch some jokes, even if it's at the expense of the Muslims and Islam, or the honour of your sisters, mothers, wives and daughters. Wake up. Stop seeing things with one eye...

The prophet PBUH was reported to have said "If you knew what I knew you would laugh less and cry often".

Sitting around doing nothing, ignoring it and hoping it will go away is a very defeatist approach, I have to say... Don't be like that.

And this is exactly it... thank you for this sis Zaria. Well pointed out!

Scimi
Akhi, with that video I seriously can't even imagine that he actually put anything right, regardless of what he intended to do. I haven't listened to the whole video but the first 10 minutes were intense enough for me to click the X button.

I'm sorry but if Humza (Aka Mr. Badman) has misinterpreted Islam then that video, to me, is sending a further misinterpretation of Islam from those who practise it. Where is the patience and humbleness in this message? Where are the ayaat from Qur'an and the admonishments from ahadeeth to correct another Muslim?

The Muslim who is a kafir is one who knew Islam and has thence left it, thus one cannot 'sell Islam' before even knowing what he is neglecting.

And if I remember correctly, after the Messenger :saws1: said this statement "If you knew what I knew you would laugh less and cry often", verses of mercy were revealed. Thus, Allah instructed the Messenger to make the ummah feel full of hope and optimism, and not to make peple feel in despair of Allah's mercy. I would quote this last paragraph but I heard it in a lecture.

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Where is the patience and humbleness in this message?
I see your point. I doubt that the speaker in the video is a sheikh - he's just a Muslim bro who is expressing his disdain for the antics of this Humza badman caricature.

However, if you can get past the harshness and listen to what he has to say (give the man the same chance you gave badman, watch the whole thing) you will see that the humbled intent of his message, and the advice he gives in the latter part of the video, is actually really quite good. He hits home with a lot of points he makes.

I agree he isn't the most charismatic speaker, but give him a chance and listen to what he says. The same chance everyone else gave Humza bad man guy.

One last thing, I don't think the guy misrepresented Islam at all. Expressing ones frustrations at an injustice is hardly to be taken as misrepresenting Islam brother. Especially if the person in question takes the time out to explain why he is frustrated and explains that with Islamic teachings in mind.

Just do yourself some justice and stomach the rest of it. What you have is an unfair bias atm.

Scimi

'Abd-al Latif
02-03-2012, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
Assalamuaalykum,Dealing with and correcting mistakes is also a part of sincerity in religion (naseehah) which is a duty on all Muslims. The connection between this and the concept of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, which is also a duty
And as Imaam Ash-Shaafi'ii said: to advise in privacy is to give true and sincere naseehah, and to advise in public is to humiliate. And therefore imaam Ash-Shaafi'ee said to a people in a gather, "...so do not be disheartened if I pay no attention to your advice if you advise me in public..."

'Abd-al Latif
02-03-2012, 04:08 PM
I see your point. I doubt that the speaker in the video is a sheikh - he's just a Muslim bro who is expressing his disdain for the antics of this Humza badman caricature.

However, if you can get past the harshness and listen to what he has to say (give the man the same chance you gave badman, watch the whole thing) you will see that the humbled intent of his message, and the advice he gives in the latter part of the video, is actually really quite good. He hits home with a lot of points he makes.

I agree he isn't the most charismatic speaker, but give him a chance and listen to what he says. The same chance everyone else gave Humza bad man guy.

One last thing, I don't think the guy misrepresented Islam at all. Expressing ones frustrations at an injustice is hardly to be taken as misrepresenting Islam brother. Especially if the person in question takes the time out to explain why he is frustrated and explains that with Islamic teachings in mind.

Just do yourself some justice and stomach the rest of it. What you have is an unfair bias atm.

Scimi
It will be hard to get past the harshness after the damage has already been done. It's like slapping someone in the face and telling him to listen to you.

Allah says to the Messenger :saws1: "...And had you been severe and harsh¬hearted, they would have broken away from about you..." (3:159), what would be the case with us? How much will we drive the people away?

The Messenger :saws1: had the best way to get to people's hearts to make them receptive of the message, and it wasn't through harshness.

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Well said bro,

But I request you to watch the rest, skip past the first ten mins or so and just listen to what the brother says, the points he brings up. He does mean well.

Like I mentioned before, the brother was expressing his frustrations on this issue for the first ten mins or so - granted he went a bit far at times like calling out Humza and even sharing his mobile number in the video for Humza to call back... but, look past that and see the message he wants Humza to understand. And you will see that this brother did indeed mean well. At any rate, he did more than what we have. And that earns some brownie points in my book.

Scimi

ILuvAllah
02-03-2012, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
It will be hard to get past the harshness after the damage has already been done. It's like slapping someone in the face and telling him to listen to you.

Allah says to the Messenger :saws1: "...And had you been severe and harsh¬hearted, they would have broken away from about you..." (3:159), what would be the case with us? How much will we drive the people away?

The Messenger :saws1: had the best way to get to people's hearts to make them receptive of the message, and it wasn't through harshness.
I wish people understood this bro. Harshness never works. and if they dont agree with it then they are going against what Allah has said in the verse u mentioned.

IslamicRevival
02-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Ive seen some of this guys videos and i can see why many people are offended, i found some of the content distasteful but lashing out at him and /ranting/raving/backbiting isn't going to solve anything, i don't believe this is the way to reach out to another Muslim. If anyone has a problem...go talk to him or send him a message..but do it in a respectful way. There's no point making a video condemning this 'Badman' and uploading it on YouTube, it does nothing but stir the pot, its instilling hatred into people hearts, how will this help?

I believe we should fix ourselves before pointing fingers at others.

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Ok, so uhm, Who has this Humza badmans number? I wanna call him up and give him dawah. I'll even invite him to my home for a meal. Can anyone help?

Scimi

ILuvAllah
02-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Send him a pm on youtube maybe :hmm:

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 05:09 PM
On it, now.

Thx for the suggestion.

Scimi

ILuvAllah
02-03-2012, 05:12 PM
:haha: nice akhi. let us know how it goes.

~Zaria~
02-03-2012, 05:45 PM
I do agree: we should not be revealing the faults of others in public.....

Hadith - Reported by Ahmad (3/403) and Ibn Abee 'Aasim (2/521) with a saheeh isnaad.

It is authentically reported from the Messenger in the hadeeth of 'Iyaad ibn Ghunum who said,

"The Messenger of Allaah (saaws) said, 'Whoever desires to advise the one with authority then he should not do so openly, rather he should take him by the hand and take him into seclusion (and then advise him). And if he accepts (the advice) from him then (he has achieved his objective) and if not, then he has fulfilled that which was a duty upon him.' "

I am still trying to download the above-mentioned video (sigh), but if this is the case, then here too, we can all take a lesson, so that we do not fall in error as well, insha Allah.

Yes, we should warn others of the evils in this society - (including YT videos that do nothing more than create a false impression of this religion) - but it is sufficient without mentioning the person directly.

My problem lies in muslims who defend those who are in defiance of the teachings of Islam (and this pertains not only to Mr Badman, but to all others of such a repertoire), and who find this type of behaviour acceptable.

We should not be pointing fingers at others (for whenever you point one finger away, theres three that point towards you).....but neither should we lower our standards as far as our deen is concerned.

And do not underestimate even the most 'minor' of sins <-- Shaytaan loves when we do this.

@ bro Scimi, thanks for making the effort to write to this brother.

I sincerely hope something good comes out from this, insha Allah.

Salaam

aamirsaab
02-03-2012, 08:48 PM
I would personally love to see a dedicated 32 minute lecture by any imam/scholar/whatever condemning the DAILY attrocities commited BY muslims in their home countries on FELLOW muslims.

Guess I will have to do with a 32 minute lecture on some kid making youtube videos...

Asiyah3
02-03-2012, 09:54 PM
I would personally love to see a dedicated 32 minute lecture by any imam/scholar/whatever condemning the DAILY attrocities commited BY muslims in their home countries on FELLOW muslims.
?? I hope you don't mean this.

Are you now talking against our imams and scholars?

Txyib
02-03-2012, 10:18 PM
salaam
i had made a good comment earliar until it got removed,however i do think that he is making a mockery of islam in some ways however this standup comedian is to make youngsters and teens laugh and i mean if he was making a mockery of islam then we would have a point however i dont see why he is being backbited upon

Muezzin
02-03-2012, 10:43 PM
First of all, 'the Badman' is a fictional character this young man plays, and is not necessarily representative of his true character.

Second of all, I don't particularly like the videos as they're not really to my taste, though I can see why some people enjoy them.

Third of all, if you don't like them, don't watch them. Why intentionally stress yourself out?

Fourth of all, I'm not sure a 32 minute diatribe (which is actually longer than any of the 'Badman' videos) is really called for, especially when it's basically a huge personal attack against this young man based on a few YouTube videos. Is this meant in sincere guidance, or is it just people lashing out at utterly trivial tripe?

Come on guys, we're above storms in teacups like this.

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Trivial? Millions of Muslim youth in the UK and Europe USA idolise this guy, and think hes's "cool"... when he plays a fool. This is not trivial, this is Hamza doing the job of indoctrinating the youth away from deen by presenting such idiocy as he is known for.

Let me just show you how bad it has gotten.

I got the above in a quick search on YT, and there's plenty more out there. Kids cursing in their mother tongue etc, acting like monkeys and what not. Sure - it's harmless, right? Wrong.

Now I don't know about you, but I feel a little responsibility for our younger Muslims and Muslimahs out there...

Scimi

ILuvAllah
02-03-2012, 11:32 PM
So, why dont we all advice him peacefully under the comment of his videos and try to point out his mistakes rather than attacking him, humiliating him cause it never works like that

Muezzin
02-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Trivial?
Yes, trivial. It's like a cartoon character.

Millions of Muslim youth in the UK and Europe USA idolise this guy, and think hes's "cool"... when he plays a fool. This is not trivial, this is Hamza doing the job of indoctrinating the youth away from deen by presenting such idiocy as he is known for.
I seriously doubt he wants to indoctrinate the youth away from the deen. He's messing about on YouTube, where the most popular videos are stupid.

Let me just show you how bad it has gotten.

I got the above in a quick search on YT, and there's plenty more out there. Kids cursing in their mother tongue etc, acting like monkeys and what not. Sure - it's harmless, right? Wrong.

Now I don't know about you, but I feel a little responsibility for our younger Muslims and Muslimahs out there...

Scimi
It's a bunch of kids messing about as kids are wont to do. The difference is they've uploaded their silliness onto YouTube. It doesn't mean they are now totally corrupted beyond all repair. If their parents don't like it, they shouldn't let them watch it.

Hamza Asadullah
02-03-2012, 11:51 PM
The more attention we give him the more people will waste their time tuning into his videos. Ive seen his videos and not only are they so annoying but they are a very bad example for the youth. We must stop giving this guy more coverage.

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 11:51 PM
These kids can watch all that on their phones bro. And we all know that their parents won't know jack diddly.

I add, that these kids who have no idea what a Naffs is, will no doubt not know what kind of danger an ego fix will land them in. Feed the wolf and it's only a matter of time before it sets its eyes on you. Some of them are gonna keep on making youtube vids of nonsensical content as per above, thinking they are some kind of youtube celeb, and that isn't taking them away from deen into dunya?

Pull the other one bro..

Scimi

Muezzin
02-04-2012, 12:05 AM
These kids can watch all that on their phones bro. And we all know that their parents won't know jack diddly.
Kids are kids. If, as you seem to be concerned, they lack positive role models in their real life and resort to imitating YouTube celebrities 24/7, the problem is not with the YouTube celebrity, the problem is with the lack of role models in the kid's real life.

I add, that these kids who have no idea what a Naffs is, will no doubt not know what kind of danger an ego fix will land them in.
So teach the kids right from wrong. Then they can watch these videos if they want, but they won't take them seriously.

Feed the wolf and it's only a matter of time before it sets its eyes on you. Some of them are gonna keep on making youtube vids of nonsensical content as per above, thinking they are some kind of youtube celeb, and that isn't taking them away from deen into dunya?
You're blaming the entire YouTube celebrity culture thing on one (Muslim) man?

Pull the other one bro..
Were you ever a child? Did you never mess about and play stupid games with your friends? If you're about the same age as me, you wouldn't have had the Internet and YouTube, but you can't seriously tell me you never goofed off now and then, while still knowing the limits due to your upbringing.

The difference in today's world is that YouTube exists. If it existed when we were kids, are you seriously telling me you wouldn't have wanted to upload videos of you and your friends messing about?

It's kids at play. Kids' play tends to look pretty stupid to adults. As long as the adults take an active role in the kids’ development and make sure they know right from wrong, the adults have... I wouldn't say nothing to worry about (it's impossible to not worry about your child), but they have less to worry about.

Ghazalah
02-04-2012, 12:10 AM
^I thought amirsaab posted this?? Pretty sure it was him. ^o)

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 12:11 AM
YES, I agree they don't have role models. So they jump onto any monkey business they find that is appealing.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
You're blaming the entire YouTube celebrity culture thing on one (Muslim) man?
Nope. I never said that. I was referring to the ego as the wolf bro. Not Humza. Sorry for not being clear on that.

The difference in today's world is that YouTube exists. If it existed when we were kids, are you seriously telling me you wouldn't have wanted to upload videos of you and your friends messing about?
I don't know if I would have been allowed to be honest. But hey, you can't deny the fact that today most kids want to be "recognised" and hunger after all the pop culture they are exposed to. If they can somehow get a chance to showcase themselves (youtube) then they will - but do they recognise the danger in this?

Let's take a look at the teen girl in the video, Indecently exposing a bit more than a shoulder and acting like a sick fan to boot. Do you think she cares what I think? or what her peer group thinks?

The underlying factor remains, that it was Humza who "inspired" these kids to their nonsense. He needs to know what kind of influence he holds over them, and tone down his show with less stupidity and more reality, with a longer, more in depth message to boot. He'll get the respect that way and maybe even create a new method of delivery, as opposed to his clownish one that sponsors homosexual, violent, sexist and zenophobic attitudes primarily - before his 30 second thought of the day... come to think of it - there are less and less of those "thoughts of the day" type moments on his videos now.

Did you see the facebook episode? Utterly stupid with no message in it at all - just curses and disses.

Scimi

Muezzin
02-04-2012, 12:15 AM
^I thought amirsaab posted this?? Pretty sure it was him. ^o)
You're seeing things.

Alternatively, we're sharing a computer and I forgot to sign him out before posting.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-04-2012, 12:16 AM
its the lesser of evils in my opinion.

I only watched 3 of his videos, but the third one made me laugh a lot.

Would I recommend this to people wanting to increase emaan? Course not.

Would I recommend people avoid this? I would If i hadnt seen it myself.

This video isnt a lecture for the god-fearing.

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Most definitely not. ON that we agree...

Bro Muezzin and bro Aamirsaab share a computer? Lucky you posted the recorrection there coz I was thinking I was losing my marbles. No facepalm this time tho lol.

Scimi

Muezzin
02-04-2012, 12:27 AM
YES, I agree they don't have role models. So they jump onto any monkey business they find that is appealing.
I see your point, really I do. But (there's always a but), I honestly think the problem is not with the monkey business they find appealing, the problem is with the people in the children's lives not teaching them a better way.

Nope. I never said that. I was referring to the ego as the wolf bro. Not Humza. Sorry for not being clear on that.
No problem.

I don't know if I would have been allowed to be honest.
Same here. Although you still would have at least known a kid who'd uploaded YouTube videos.

But hey, you can't deny the fact that today most kids want to be "recognised" and hunger after all the pop culture they are exposed to. If they can somehow get a chance to showcase themselves (youtube) then they will - but do they recognise the danger in this?
I agree. The greater concern here, to me, is this 'Instant Celebrity' culture as a whole. Kids are exposed to things like X-Factor and Britain's Got Talent, which contributes to this sense of unhealthy competition and potentially ruins children's personalities by giving them a false sense of entitlement. In that sense, YouTube is one part of the larger problem.

Let's take a look at the teen girl in the video, Indecently exposing a bit more than a shoulder and acting like a sick fan to boot. Do you think she cares what I think? or what her peer group thinks?
I'm going to sound like a terrible person, but honestly, I've seen worse in real life. I hope the people in their lives step in to guide them.

The underlying factor remains, that it was Humza who "inspired" these kids to their nonsense. He needs to know what kind of influence he holds over them, and tone down his show with less stupidity and more reality, with a longer, more in depth message to boot.
This is exactly the kind of constructive criticism you need to share with Humza.

He'll get the respect that way and maybe even create a new method of delivery, as opposed to his clownish one that sponsors homosexual, violent, sexist and zenophobic attitudes primarily - before his 30 second thought of the day... come to think of it - there are less and less of those "thoughts of the day" type moments on his videos now.

Did you see the facebook episode? Utterly stupid with no message in it at all - just curses and disses.
Like I said, it's not really to my taste (though I liked that one where his friend was obsessed with a chicken burger), so I wouldn't know about the content of his latest videos.

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Same here. Although you still would have at least known a kid who'd uploaded YouTube videos.
Granted. I myself make youtube videos (facepalm pending) but nnot of that nature. Thank Allah.

I was going to quote post each individual point you bought up, but I'll just cut to the chase and say I agree with all of your last post.

Insha-Allah, If I get the chance to meet Humza, I will try to present him these options. Ameen.

Scimi

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-04-2012, 01:48 AM
I highly doubt it has anything to do with personality tastes - this guy has made a mockery out of Islam. I don't see him as a good influence at all. let me prove it.

Attacking his imaan? he did that all by himself when he waxed lyrical about this:

"On facebook I will poke your mum"
"I made an app about your aunties mustache"
"expect a spinning bird kick on your mums chin"

Sure - this qualifies for Imaan in your book right bro? COme on, surely even you can see that this guy is a hypocritical sod. Makes a video full of nonsense and at the end he sometimes says a nice word... and that is dawah? No... that so isn't dawah. That is just heedlessness.

Scimi
Dude, that's not making a 'mockery out of Islam', that's making fun of people that 'poke' ppl on FB, women with mustaches (nothing religious) and the same with the last one. I don't think you actually understand the video - he's not playing himself in the video, he's playing a character and is using that character's story as he develops into a more mature person.

Don't take things out of proportion in your zealousness, even though it is well intentioned. Is the video the best out there? No. Is it something I'd want kids watching? Probably not. Did I like them? Not too much. But is he mocking the religion and the Prophet (saw)? Obviously not. Is there some level of good in there, small lessons? Yes.

Be just in your criticism.

I don't have a problem with you criticizing the content. Feel free, and you might be right for a lot of it. But I have a problem when people fail to distinguish criticizing content and criticizing a person's relationship with God. No one has the right to do that.

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 01:57 AM
This is where you and I differ then.

The aplogists will always split hairs over the issue - granted.

Did you even see that video which I referred to? He did in no way mention any nice last final word... he just walked off like a clown badman.

I fail to see how 14 mins of foolishness and 30 seconds of advice will somehow change youngsters for the better. Has it worked? Just look art the fanboy vids for proof, and it spells itself out really.

The fact remains that people on this very thread have claimed he has done some good for the youth - I still have to see the evidence. I've provided mine - but everyone else just provides opinion.

Scimi

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-04-2012, 02:18 AM
This is where you and I differ then.

The aplogists will always split hairs over the issue - granted.

Did you even see that video which I referred to? He did in no way mention any nice last final word... he just walked off like a clown badman.

I fail to see how 14 mins of foolishness and 30 seconds of advice will somehow change youngsters for the better. Has it worked? Just look art the fanboy vids for proof, and it spells itself out really.

The fact remains that people on this very thread have claimed he has done some good for the youth - I still have to see the evidence. I've provided mine - but everyone else just provides opinion.

Scimi
It might benefit someone - because not everyone's hearts are the same. It's important to realize that people are not all alike and they are affected by different things. What benefits you will not benefit another and vice versa.

Secondly, we're really good at criticizing people who are actually doing something, no matter what it is. I don't take that kind of criticism seriously when I hear it until the one criticizing is himself providing a better alternative than his object of criticism.

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 02:21 AM
I am aiming to provide an avenue to a better alternative. I PMd him on youtube asking to meet up with him to discuss this. Awaiting a response.

Scimi

Tyrion
02-04-2012, 04:40 AM
I am aiming to provide an avenue to a better alternative. I PMd him on youtube asking to meet up with him to discuss this. Awaiting a response.

Scimi
Lol, you really are a piece of work. :rollseyes

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 05:18 AM
Jazak Allah for that eh? ;D

Scimi

Abz2000
02-04-2012, 05:59 AM
this was the guy's dream, i don't think it will b easy scimi =)
scroll to 5:30 if it's too long, you may understand what i mean.

the way i see it, he's just a lad who's grown up in the western conditioning process and acts like that, but does have a soft spot for Islam and in real life respects Muslims, but he is DAM* FUNNY i'll give him that - though he does sometimes get a bit stupid when joking about sensitive issues.
still, he's better than Ali G who seems to come out with more and more neo-con propaganda by the day

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Oh gosh, this IS gonna be harder than I thought. The boy loves the attention a bit too much (facepalm)

Gonna have to go back to basics with him lol

Scimi

IbnAbdulHakim
02-04-2012, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
this was the guy's dream, i don't think it will b easy scimi =)
scroll to 5:30 if it's too long, you may understand what i mean.

the way i see it, he's just a lad who's grown up in the western conditioning process and acts like that, but does have a soft spot for Islam and in real life respects Muslims, but he is DAM* FUNNY i'll give him that - though he does sometimes get a bit stupid when joking about sensitive issues.
still, he's better than Ali G who seems to come out with more and more neo-con propaganda by the day

seeing that second half of the video made me sick to my stomach.

why? because he is dragging the muslim youth into a celebrity sculpted world. He is creating dangerous aspirations and leading young muslims towards a downward spiral.

may Allah guide this "BAD" man, he truelly is bad naudhubillaah

Periwinkle18
02-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Ameen to the dua above, n i thinking we shouldnt waste tyme watching these kind of things, we should avoid dng things tht r laghh.

~Zaria~
02-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Its hard to believe that this pointless debate continues.
Why?

I am posting my second message here, again......theres only so much that can be said on this.....:hmm:

I can not, for the life of me understand how ANY God-fearing muslim on this forum, can actually defend this guy.

Where, or where are we headed?!

Even if Mr Madman has not called himself a 'scholar' and does not claim to be a voice that reflects Islam.......HOW do we even condone EVER watching such videos?

To those who watch Mr Sadman to gain Islamic knowledge - please go open your Quraan and Hadith, sit in the company of your elders and imams - and learn true deen from there.

To those who watch for the purpose of entertainment - please enlighten me: which part of his videos are permissible in Islam?

The rap music?
The disrespect to mothers and women?
The falsehoods that are spread about YOUR Islam?
The humour that is in such bad taste?
......to name a few.......

I am confused.
Where are we in disagreement here?

All in the name of some fun and entertainment, and a few laughs - we are willing to defend this sort of utter nonsense?!

Is this not double standards?
Hypocrisy?

I will end with the following to contemplate on, insha Allah.

Please do not take lightly even what is seemingly minor sins, brothers and sisters.
Do we forget that all 'major' sins begin from those that seem somewhat unimportant?

For Allah says:

"When you received it with your tongues and said with your mouths that of which you had no knowledge and thought it was insignificant while it was, in the sight of Allah , tremendous." (Quran 24:15)

Said Anas, may Allah be pleased with him (to one of the followers):
"You imagine certain sins to be more insignificant than a straw. But, at the time of the Prophet we used to count them among those that can destroy a man."

Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:
“The believer regards his sin as if he were sitting beneath a mountain which he fears may fall on him, whereas the sinner regards his sin as if a fly lands on his nose and he swipes it away.”

Let us not be like the sinner who swipes the fly away......thinking too little of it.

There is NO place for these sorts of videos to ANY muslim.
There is NO good in it.
Period.

Salaam

Lets move on, insha Allah.....the Aakhirah is drawing ever nearer.
And I certainly do not want Mr Badman, or ANY such videos written in my book of deeds.

Do you?

Honestly?
If your answer is NO - then please do try to justify these types of videos - even for our youth.

Its strange - for everything else in life we want only the best, we have the highest expectations - our education, our healthcare, etc etc.
But when it comes to what we feed our minds and souls with, where we get our Islam from, who we allow to influence our behaviour and that of our kids - we care so little.

And if you are still not convinced, ask yourself:

Is the manner and way of our beloved Nabi (sallahu alaihi wasalam)?

No?

Then if you testify that you love our messenger (sallahu alaihi wasalam) - even more than you love yourself - then you will have NO part in such filth.

And you will distance yourself far, far away from these types of devious behaviours.

Salaam

Periwinkle18
02-04-2012, 07:05 PM
^ nicely said sis JazakAllah :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-04-2012, 07:07 PM
I wonder what gives the people here the right to self righteously judge another Muslim...great job guys, you've just given him some of your good deeds in your arrogance.

The worst part is that you don't realize that when you're looking down on him and feeling that you're a better person by not watching his "bad" videos because he's a "bad" Muslim - that feeling is worse than anything he's doing even if you're masking it and justifying it to yourself by religiosity.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-04-2012, 07:13 PM
I wonder what gives the people here the right to self righteously judge another Muslim...great job guys, you've just given him some of your good deeds in your arrogance.

The worst part is that you don't realize that when you're looking down on him and feeling that you're a better person by not watching his "bad" videos because he's a "bad" Muslim - that feeling is worse than anything he's doing.
this is such an empty post. we have seen his actions and called him on it. If you saw my sins and called me on it I would take it into account. Infact many MANY MANY MANY MANY times I have committed great sins and the people around me have called me on it. So what? Does that make those people self righteous/judgemental? How comes i didnt see it that way. Does that make ME A BAD MUSLIM? YES

it made ME BAD to do the bad that THEY CALLED ME ON.

if they dont call me on it, maybe more around me will fall into the same problems.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-04-2012, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
this is such an empty post. we have seen his actions and called him on it. If you saw my sins and called me on it I would take it into account. Infact many MANY MANY MANY MANY times I have committed great sins and the people around me have called me on it. So what? Does that make those people self righteous/judgemental? Does that make ME A BAD MUSLIM? YES

it made ME BAD to do the bad that THEY CALLED ME ON.

if they dont call me on it, maybe more around me will fall into the same problems.
No you haven't called him on it. He's not here, this is an internet forum and something he will probably never read. This is talking behind his back (ie. backbiting) and putting down another Muslim arrogantly without having even spoken to him.

Had you in fact wanted to call him out on it, you (by extension everyone on this thread) would have contacted him and talked to him and first sought clarificiation whether your understanding of his videos was even the correct, intentional understanding.

What you're doing here is feeling a sense of pesudo-religiosity and getting an Imaan high by criticizing a person behind his back because it doesn't fit your religious perspectives. It's a feeling of false forbidding the evil and enjoining the good even if it is sincere, as I am sure it is. Get over yourselves and your high horses - you dont have the right to judge another Muslim at all. Say something about the content of the videos, that's ok but you have no right to look down on another Muslim.

Muezzin
02-04-2012, 07:23 PM
If members want to guide other Muslims away from sin, the best person to talk to is the Muslim that needs to be guided. There's no need to conduct these sorts of things in public Internet forums which the Muslim in question may not even visit.

Also, to be honest, everyone hating on these videos in this thread is actually drawing more attention to them. And as this thread has shown, whether you like the videos or hate them, you accept that they are not intended as 'Islamic' videos in the slightest. So, on reflection, it's a little strange that this has been posted in the Islamic Multimedia section.

In light of all this, maybe we've drawn enough attention to Diary of a Badman. It's time to move on.

Thread closed.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-04-2012, 07:23 PM
^

if you knew me at all, you would know that I never ever have thought of myself as a religious man, EVER.

That said, I have no intention at all to ever speak to this man. If i see him in the street I will salaam him with a smile because I know he is a muslim.

However his evil has presented itself in the aforementioned video on this thread which I had quoted and I felt compelled to reply to that BECAUSE I have watched his videos and laughed at them.

I hope you understand better where I came from, what I felt, and why I believe it was important to establish that his aspirations may lead others to evil.

assalamu alaikum my brother

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!