/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam...

Stealth Nerd
06-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone. I'm a new revert who just took shahada a few weeks ago. I found this site and hope to learn more about Islam while I am here, inshallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Just_A_Girl13
06-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Assalaam alaikum brother,

I'm a new revert as well. I took my shahadah exactly two weeks ago tomorrow. Welcome to the forum! :)

Peace and blessings be with you

GuestFellow
06-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Salaam,

Welcome to the forum!

Muslim Woman
06-23-2011, 12:39 AM
Walaylum as Salaam

Welcome to Islam :)

Welcome to the forum .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Haya emaan
06-23-2011, 07:28 AM
welcome to the forum
INSHALLAH you will have a beneficial stay here

and oh yes.. welcome to Islam.. the path of truth the path of jannah..!!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Welcome to the forum Stealth Nerd..

Your name reminds me of the members of this forum but they are mostly referred to as 'Geeks' instead of Nerds..

Hope you enjoy your stay here and find it beneficial..

Al-Mufarridun
06-23-2011, 06:43 PM
:sl:

welcome back to Islam, and welcome to the forum bro. there are a lot of wonderful people here, many of them reverts like you, Insha'Allah you'll find this site very helpful.

Stealth Nerd
06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, all.

I'm not really smart enough to be considered a "geek", so I had to settle for being a nerd instead.

May Ayob
06-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Salaam brother...
Well come
I hope you find this site helpfull by all means

SAllam

Futuwwa
06-23-2011, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Stealth Nerd
Thanks for the welcomes, all.

I'm not really smart enough to be considered a "geek", so I had to settle for being a nerd instead.
What is your view of the difference between geeks and nerds?

Mister Agenda
06-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the forum, Stealth Nerd!

Stealth Nerd
06-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Geek = someone who excels at a particular subject, usually math, science, or computers. Usually gets good grades in school.

Nerd = someone who knows a lot of useless trivia information but doesn't really excel at any one thing. Usually got average grades in school and was not considered brainy.

Futuwwa
06-23-2011, 09:58 PM
That's an interesting set of definitions. Never heard anything like that before. As far as I know, the most common distinction goes something like this: Geeks and Nerds share common "geeky" interests, such as classical / countercultural video gaming, roleplaying games, boardgames, trading card games, wargaming, sci-fi, fantasy, anime/manga. That's the common part. The difference is that, in addition to this, mathematical, scientific and computer competence and general brainyness is mandatory for a nerd, while optional for a geek. Social competence and being "cool" are, on the other hand, permissible for a geek and forbidden for a nerd :D

(Under this definition, I'd lean more towards the nerd side :embarrass)

Oh, and salaam and welcome :)

Starrynight
06-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Hello!
I am also a new revert. Lets learn lots :)
Enjoy the forum

Ansariyah
06-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Walaikuma salam Bro Stealth

Welcome back to Islam bro, May Allah keep you fixed on the straight path ameeeen=)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!