/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israeli car ad boasts run over of kids.... How sick can they get?

Ghazalah
06-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Israeli car ad boasts run over of kids.

GetInlineaspx?messageidee044d5f 9c8d 11e0 a429 00237de3edb6&ampattindex0&ampcp 1&ampattdepth0&ampimgsrccid3a0A4F24F23BA540D48CC745065AF0B9EA40Sh ahidVostro22&ampshared1&amphm  loginnad kassim&amphm  domainhotmailcouk&ampip10121488&ampdd2816&ampmf0&amphm  tsWed2c202220Jun20201120213a583a2920GMT&ampstnad kassim25hotmailcouk407&amphm  ha01 981277e04c21c4d9ce240d3631915bbf06a2b49e64a42fb530 2cbe28c34abc91&amponeredir1 -

A new photo advertisement of a Japanese car in Israel has drawn considerable outrage for its implied promotion of running over Palestinian kids.

The commercial advertisement, published by a Subaru dealership in Israel, features the scene photographed last year, when an Israeli settler struck two Palestinian children with his car in the East al-Quds (Jerusalem) neighborhood of Silwan before speeding away, Xinhua reported on Thursday.

"We'll see who can stand against you," reads the Hebrew line to the right corner of the picture.

The October incident targeted two youngsters, aged 10 and 12, breaking the younger victim's leg.

Following the attack, the victims initially resisted to be hustled into a car, which apparently meant to take them to a hospital. Palestinian youngsters fear getting into strangers' vehicles because they have seen their friends taken away by Israeli troops posed as civilians on a regular basis.

The acting Palestinian Authority (PA) Chief Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah party has said the promotion of the act of aggression "is a dirty advertisement and propaganda that reached to the status of calling for [the] killing Palestinian children by running them over."

The attacker, named David Be'eri, is the director general of Elad, a hard-line real estate development conglomerate.

The organization encourages Jews to move into dense neighborhoods in East al-Quds.

East al-Quds forms part of the Palestinian territories, which Tel Aviv occupied in 1967 and later annexed despite international refusal to recognize either aggression. It has been promised as the capital of any future Palestinian state.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/176044.html

SubhanAllah. imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
06-23-2011, 02:13 AM
Which 'Subaru dealership'? Why are there no photos of the supposed ad on leaflets, magazines or billboards anywhere on the net? Where are the comments from Subaru themselves?

C'mon. It was a terrible incident of course, but the so-called car ad is an obvious photoshop job. Were Press TV (the source all reports of this story trace back to; check yourselves) fooled as well, or were they actually responsible for it?

ardianto
06-23-2011, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble

C'mon. It was a terrible incident of course, but the so-called car ad is an obvious photoshop job.
Not photoshop. This is the video of that incident.

http://video.vivanews.com/read/11339...anak-palestina

Trumble
06-23-2011, 06:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Not photoshop. This is the video of that incident.
I'm not disputing that the incident occured. It's the so-called car advertisement that's the Photoshop job.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
06-23-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm not disputing that the incident occured. It's the so-called car advertisement that's the Photoshop job.
I know what you mean.

That ad appeared on Subaru-Israel Facebook page, but Subaru-Israel denied relation to that ad, then they removed that picture.

Trumble
06-23-2011, 09:21 AM
The story is quite remarkable, isn't it? It's all over, everyone from Fatah to the International Movement to Defend Children has been fooled into condemning this 'advertisement' and Subaru-Israel, and yet there isn't the slightest bit of evidence - anywhere - the ad actually existed. The only websites the picture has appeared on are those complaining about it, not advertising cars. Subaru must be flaming; they are the patsies for something just meant to incite further hatred.

BTW, I will quite happily withdraw all I've said if anybody can find pictures of that photo actually in situ as an advertisement. In the meantime, Press TV has just sunk to 'total joke' status as far as I'm concerned. Pure propaganda.

ardianto
06-23-2011, 09:37 AM
The story is quite remarkable, isn't it? It's all over, everyone from Fatah to the International Movement to Defend Children has been fooled into condemning this 'advertisement' and Subaru-Israel, and yet there isn't the slightest bit of evidence - anywhere - the ad actually existed. The only websites the picture has appeared on are those complaining about it, not advertising cars. Subaru must be flaming; they are the patsies for something just meant to incite further hatred.

BTW, I will quite happily withdraw all I've said if anybody can find pictures of that photo actually in situ as an advertisement. In the meantime, Press TV has just sunk to 'total joke' status as far as I'm concerned. Pure propaganda.
The picture had been removed from Subaru-Israel Facebook page. I have visited it and didn't find that picture.

But from some sources, I read that picture really appeared before people reported it to Subaru-Israel. Frankly, I am not sure if Subaru created an ad like that because they have market in Muslim world. I think that was created by a stupid one who hacked Subaru-Israel Facebook.

Trumble
06-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Possibly. My guess is still that it originated with Press TV, because their article says

The commercial advertisement, published by a Subaru dealership in Israel
Nothing about Facebook at all, and April 21 is the earliest reference I can find. All the fuss, oddly enough, seems to kick up the day after.

ardianto
06-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Possibly. My guess is still that it originated with Press TV, because their article says
Might be not originated with Press TV Iran because they quoted that news from Xinhua China.

Ramadhan
06-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Nothing about Facebook at all, and April 21 is the earliest reference I can find. All the fuss, oddly enough, seems to kick up the day after.

The Israeli Radio reported Thursday that spokesperson of Subaru in Israel denied any relation to the ad, and stated that the company did not publish this ad and protested against attempts to harm its reputation.

The Gulf News reported on its website on Friday that the advertisement had “resurfaced a few days ago on a Facebook page for the Subaru car company in Israel, with some words in Hebrew. (We will see who will stand in front of you). http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/201...1/18677747.php

The advertisement DID exist. Did you notice how the spokeperson of Subaru said that Subaru denied any relation to the ad.

Ramadhan
06-23-2011, 04:12 PM
This is the source of the news: Xinhua News http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201...c_13839994.htm

PNA protests Israeli ad of car running over Palestinian teens

English.news.cn 2011-04-21 20:26:04

Feedback

Print

RSS

by Emad Drimly
RAMALLAH, April 21 (Xinhua) -- The Palestinian National Authority (PNA) on Thursday expressed outrage and disapproval against an Israeli advertisement published on websites showing a Japan-made Subaru car hitting two Palestinian children.
Ghassan al-Khatib, chief of the PNA media bureau told Xinhua that the PNA complained to the branch of Subaru in Israel for publishing the commercial photo, which mocks the accident of Israeli settler running over stone-throwing children in east Jerusalem seven months ago.
The designer of the advertisement wrote in Hebrew "We'll see who can stand against you." The driver of the car that hit the two Palestinian teens is David Birri, the director general of the settlements association (El'ad).
"Publishing the picture and the commercial is immoral act, which is condemned and denounced. It is a complete disregard of the life of the Palestinians," said al-Khatib, adding that "it encourages more violence against the Palestinians, including running over Palestinian children."
The PNA had strongly condemned the commercial and had addressed a letter to Subaru branch in Israel, calling on the company to stop publishing this immoral commercial, but the company denied that it is responsible for the commercial and condemned it, al- Khatib said.
Israeli Radio on Thursday quoted a spokesman of Subaru cars company in Israel as saying that the company "has no relation to the commercial or publishing it, and the company had protested against those who are causing harms to the good reputation of the company."
Publishing the commercial had also brought a protest of the Israel peace organization (Peace Now). Spokeswoman of the organization Hagit Ghufran told Xinhua that "this act is a clear evidence that there is fanaticism in the Israeli company, mainly in the areas where there is friction with Palestinians."
"Certainly, such acts and thoughts would lead to more violence, mainly against children. The commercial is an indirect incitement to target them," said Ghufran.
Meanwhile, Khaled Quzmar, from the International Movement to Defend Children said: "This act must be followed in accordance to the law and those who are behind the commercial must be taken to court, but unfortunately, going to the law through Israeli courts is useless because the Israeli courts are serving the occupation which gave a cover to such behaviors."
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah party had earlier condemned the publishing of the advertisement, saying that "is a dirty advertisement and propaganda that reached to the status of calling for killing Palestinian children by running over them."
Several similar incidents had outraged the Palestinians in the past, such as publishing pictures on Facebook of Israeli soldiers taking pictures with Palestinian prisoners in the Gaza Strip, while the Palestinian prisoners' eyes are folded and hands cuffed.
One of the pictures published in October on Facebook showed an Israeli soldier pointing a gun at the head of a Palestinian, while another soldier wrote on the wall of a house in the Gaza Strip "we will back soon," and under it he painted the Jewish star of David.
The Israeli television showed a film, where Israeli soldiers were dancing near a detained Palestinian woman who was eye-folded and handcuffed. A female soldier was also shown on Facebook standing near Palestinian prisoners.
The Israelis and Palestinians usually trade accusations over incitement, where Israel had repeatedly accused the Palestinians of showing films and songs on televisions that incite for violence against Israel. Mutual incitement is one of the issues discussed in the stalled peace negotiations.

Futuwwa
06-24-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm open to the possibility that it was made by someone at Subaru Israel. Blatant racism is becoming more and more acceptable in Israeli society by the day. However, I don't think it was ordered or even approved by any international high-up in Subaru, for making a commercial like that is an utterly asinine business decision, one that may maybe gain a little respect from a certain segment of a certain country's population but alienate absolutely everyone else.

Uncle Jee
06-29-2011, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
I'm open to the possibility that it was made by someone at Subaru Israel. Blatant racism is becoming more and more acceptable in Israeli society by the day. However, I don't think it was ordered or even approved by any international high-up in Subaru, for making a commercial like that is an utterly asinine business decision, one that may maybe gain a little respect from a certain segment of a certain country's population but alienate absolutely everyone else.
For god sake, some kids are chucking stones at the car so the driver runs them over. Nothing anti Palestinian about it. What were those kids thinking? They could just vandalise some randomn car and then get away with it.

Come on brothers and sisters. This is becoming embarrassing!

GuestFellow
06-29-2011, 01:52 PM
^ Salaam,

I have to agree. Throwing stones at a car is stupid. There is no need to do that.

Anyway, using this as an advertisement is pathetic.

May Ayob
06-29-2011, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
^ Salaam, I have to agree. Throwing stones at a car is stupid. There is no need to do that. Anyway, using this as an advertisement is pathetic.
Salaam
Wait a second , what do you mean it is stupid?
No it isn't these Children are merely trying to express how much they hate the Isreali tanks and cars destroying their lands.
Besides If we compare the amount of "Anoyment" the Isrealis get from these little children and how much destruction the Palestinians get really there is seriuosly no comparision!
It doesnt give them the right to go over kids with a car!
That is wicked!

Salaam

Uncle Jee
06-29-2011, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob
Salaam
No it isn't these Children are merely trying to express how much they hate the Isreali tanks and cars destroying their lands.
Besides If we compare the amount of "Anoyment" the Isrealis get from these little children and how much destruction the Palestinians get really there is seriuosly no comparision!
That is wicked!

Salaam
WS However damaging someones property can never be excused.

May Ayob
06-29-2011, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jee

Salaam
Sub7anAllah Since when does Property equals a humanbeings leg?

Futuwwa
06-29-2011, 02:41 PM
For god sake, some kids are chucking stones at the car so the driver runs them over. Nothing anti Palestinian about it. What were those kids thinking? They could just vandalise some randomn car and then get away with it.

Come on brothers and sisters. This is becoming embarrassing!
What those kids were thinking, well, they probably thought to protest the violent and underhanded takeover of their neighbourhood by nationalistic and xenophobic Israeli settlers. The driver of the car just happened to be one of the leaders of those settlers.

Running over someone with a car is attempted manslaughter, entirely disproportionate to having a stone thrown at a piece of property you own. Proportionality is a pretty universally accepted legal principle that applies to self-defense too.

Ramadhan
06-29-2011, 02:41 PM
For god sake, some kids are chucking stones at the car so the driver runs them over. Nothing anti Palestinian about it. What were those kids thinking? They could just vandalise some randomn car and then get away with it. Come on brothers and sisters. This is becoming embarrassing!
I don't know which part of the world you live in, but I refuse to believe you don't understand that Palestine is not a normal country.
FYI, Palestine is a country invaded by israelis, their lands were stolen by the israelis and the owners of the land are now walled into the largest concentration camps in the world.
Even humanitarian aid are blocked from reaching the palestinians, and not only that, they are subjected to random missiles attacks.

I want to know if your country is invaded by another nations, you and your family are evicted from your own homes and lands, and your houses are buldozed, and you and your kids are put into a concentration camp with humanitarian aid refused to reach you and your family, would you still ask your kids to treat your enemies with full respect and to leave your enemies alone taking advantage of all your properties and rights?

Remember in the time of Rasulullah SAW, the caravans that brought goods owned by the quraysh were intercepted by the shahaba and the goods taken over because the qureaysh have declared open war and they kicked out the muslims from mekkah and took over their properties and belongings, not unlike what is happening now in Palestine.

It sickens me when muslims (presumably living in the west) eat every single propaganda that the zionist governments and media feed the public about Israel. What is EMBARRASSING is those muslims who think that their oppressed brothers and sisters in Islam are not being subservient enough to the Israelis.

May Allah SWT serve justice to all those who deny justice. amiin.

Futuwwa
06-29-2011, 02:46 PM
What Ramadhan said. If they instead would have shot the car with a rocket propelled grenade, I would have commended them for it too.

Uncle Jee
06-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Oh people come on. I really do hope this non story does not take off and make us again another laughing stock for the world!

A stone thrown at a car is pretty dangerous. I certainly would not want anyone to throw stones at me whilst i'm driving in the wrong part of the neighbourhood!

Yes, what is happening over there is crap however throwing stones at some randomn car driving pass? I mean how do they know it is Mr Zionist driving the car and not some person who happens to be lost? (obviously playing devils advocate)

GuestFellow
06-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Salaam
:sl:

To throw stones at car. It is dangerous.

What will they achieve by throwing stones at a car? I understand that they are angry but throwing stones will put themselves and other people in danger.

I'm aware that some Israeli people have done terrible things.

Yes, people should not do that.

Futuwwa
06-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Oh people come on. I really do hope this non story does not take off and make us again another laughing stock for the world!
Did Islam become a world religion by the ummah's efforts to live up to the expectations of the rest of the world?

A stone thrown at a car is pretty dangerous. I certainly would not want anyone to throw stones at me whilst i'm driving in the wrong part of the neighbourhood!
As someone educated in physics, I don't see how something with the mass or momentum of a hand-thrown stone could make the car swerve or anything like that.

Yes, what is happening over there is crap however throwing stones at some randomn car driving pass? I mean how do they know it is Mr Zionist driving the car and not some person who happens to be lost? (obviously playing devils advocate)
Presumably because these settlers make their presence very well known through their antics. It's not implausible that they would have recognized the car and the driver from previous experience. Do you think it's coincidental that this incident happened with a high-ranking belligerent Israeli nationalist behind the wheel, of all possible people it could have happened to?

GuestFellow
06-29-2011, 04:27 PM
As someone educated in physics, I don't see how something with the mass or momentum of a hand-thrown stone could make the car swerve or anything like that.
Salaam,

If you throw something at a car, it is likely the driver will swerve and hit something. It is a normal reaction. :/

sister herb
06-29-2011, 04:33 PM
They stoned that car in Palestinian neighborhood where any israelis shouldn´t drive at all. If someones drives, he surely knows where he is. Zionists just believe all Palestine belong to them and them only. How they knew car was owned by zionist? By color of its registered plates of course.

They aren´t stupid little kids whose just played dangerously but resisting occupation and destroying they homes.

May Ayob
06-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Salaam

To throw stones at car. It is dangerous.
What is even more Dangerous as you are saying is to throw Bombs at humanbeings that is what should be considered as dangerous!
How come when one of these Israelis get "hurt" in anyway you find a mob of people coming up and saying Oh NO! that was wrong
These kids are children and NOT adults if God swt does not account children then why should we?
And how got harmed it wasn't the Isaelis It was the Children
Besides who knows these same children maybe orphans that their parent's have been killed by the Israelis!
People please have some sympathy for people if not atleast have sympathy for children!
Since when do we have to speak up for the rights of "Israelis" which are very well-known for their inhumane/racist and barbaric atitude.

What will they achieve by throwing stones at a car? I understand that they are angry but throwing stones will put themselves and other people in danger.
They will acheive Bravery! that is what they will acheive what do you want them to do?
Put their heads down and politely Greet them "Shalom"?

I'm aware that some Israeli people have done terrible things.
Is this an arguement to say that yes some Israeli people done some bad things but we can't blame the whole group!
the least we can do is to speak against what their doing!

Yes, people should not do that.
Thank you ! No they should never ever do something like that !

Salaam

GuestFellow
06-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Salaam

What is even more Dangerous as you are saying is to throw Bombs at humanbeings that is what should be considered as dangerous!
Salaam,

I never said anything about throwing bombs at human beings. I agree with you that throwing bombs at people or property is dangerous.

How come when one of these Israelis get "hurt" in anyway you find a mob of people coming up and saying Oh NO! that was wrong
I don't know. Some young boys threw stones at the driver. That's wrong and dangerous.

These kids are children and NOT adults if God swt does not account children then why should we?
I'm not sure how old these kids were. They did something dangerous and an adult should tell them not to throw stones at cars. I'm not judging them.

And how got harmed it wasn't the Isaelis It was the Children
If the kids did not threw the stones, then they would not have been injured.

Besides who knows these same children maybe orphans that their parent's have been killed by the Israelis!
That does not mean that they should throw stones at a car, but I do understand how angry they must feel.

People please have some sympathy for people if not atleast have sympathy for children! Since when do we have to speak up for the rights of "Israelis" which are very well-known for their inhumane/racist and barbaric atitude.
I'm sure there are people that have sympathy towards the Palestinians but at the same time, we should not make excuses for violent acts committed by some Palestinians.

Not all Israelis are racist. The Holocaust survivor whose life is in danger again Do not generalise.

what do you want them to do?
Not to throw stones at cars because it is not safe for them and for other people.

Put their heads down and politely Greet them "Shalom"?
What is wrong with that? :/ A simple hello could improve relations between the Palestinians and the settlers....but that is very unlikely.

Is this an arguement to say that yes some Israeli people done some bad things but we can't blame the whole group!
Yes. Not all Israeli people are bad.

May Ayob
06-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote Originally Posted by May Ayob View Post Salaam What is even more Dangerous as you are saying is to throw Bombs at humanbeings that is what should be considered as dangerous! Salaam, I never said anything about throwing bombs at human beings. I agree with you that throwing bombs at people or property is dangerous. How come when one of these Israelis get "hurt" in anyway you find a mob of people coming up and saying Oh NO! that was wrong I don't know. Some young boys threw stones at the driver. That's wrong and dangerous. These kids are children and NOT adults if God swt does not account children then why should we? I'm not sure how old these kids were. They did something dangerous and an adult should tell them not to throw stones at cars. I'm not judging them. And how got harmed it wasn't the Isaelis It was the Children If the kids did not threw the stones, then they would not have been injured. Besides who knows these same children maybe orphans that their parent's have been killed by the Israelis! That does not mean that they should throw stones at a car, but I do understand how angry they must feel. People please have some sympathy for people if not atleast have sympathy for children! Since when do we have to speak up for the rights of "Israelis" which are very well-known for their inhumane/racist and barbaric atitude. I'm sure there are people that have sympathy towards the Palestinians but at the same time, we should not make excuses for violent acts committed by some Palestinians. Not all Israelis are racist. The Holocaust survivor whose life is in danger again Do not generalise. what do you want them to do? Not to throw stones at cars because it is not safe for them and for other people. Put their heads down and politely Greet them "Shalom"? What is wrong with that? :/ A simple hello could improve relations between the Palestinians and the settlers....but that is very unlikely. Is this an arguement to say that yes some Israeli people done some bad things but we can't blame the whole group! Yes. Not all Israeli people are bad.

Salaam
You know what? I;m not going to reply simply because
I don't think I will ever agree with you on the sentiments you brought up
And God will not ask you about my opinions nor will He ask me about yours
So, There is no need to get into an arguement

Salaam

Muezzin
06-29-2011, 06:25 PM

Is this sarcasm?

In the parallel universe I come from, kids allegedly throwing stones at a car do not automatically deserve to be run the hell over.

GuestFellow
06-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Salaam
You know what? I;m not going to reply simply because
I don't think I will ever agree with you on the sentiments you brought up
And God will not ask you about my opinions nor will He ask me about yours
So, There is no need to get into an arguement

Salaam
Salaam,

I simply disagree with throwing stones at a car. It was an interesting discussion.

Anyway, here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wueqs...eature=related

^ From looking at the video, it appears that the driver did not intentionally hit kid. The kid ran towards the car. Is my evaluation correct?

Who Am I?
06-29-2011, 09:48 PM
I just have to wonder, if that was my car, and I was driving through the Palestinian neighborhood, would they chuck stones at me? I am a USA white guy who wears normal clothes. They wouldn't know I was Muslim until I told them, and even then they probably wouldn't believe me.

So I wonder if I should even care about this at all. I know they are my brothers in faith now, but would they really care about me if I was lost in their neighborhood?

Futuwwa
06-29-2011, 10:33 PM
I honestly don't think you'd get attacked. After all, East Jerusalem has been annexed by Israel, so everyone there has the same kinds of license plates. There's no way to directly differentiate a stranger from a local. If it would be halal, I'd be willing to bet that those kids knew exactly who was in that car, and that it wasn't an average Jew or an average white man.

Who Am I?
06-30-2011, 12:04 AM
I honestly don't think you'd get attacked. After all, East Jerusalem has been annexed by Israel, so everyone there has the same kinds of license plates. There's no way to directly differentiate a stranger from a local. If it would be halal, I'd be willing to bet that those kids knew exactly who was in that car, and that it wasn't an average Jew or an average white man.
You're probably right, brother, and I'm just being paranoid like I was the first time I went to masjid. Most times I am the only white guy there for prayers, but it doesn't bother me anymore. The masjid feels like my second home now.

Trumble
06-30-2011, 03:43 AM
^ From looking at the video, it appears that the driver did not intentionally hit kid. The kid ran towards the car. Is my evaluation correct?
I agree. The driver had sounded his horn while slowing, not accelerating, and tried to swerve to avoid them. He stopped within a couple of meters; you don't do that 'trying to run somebody down'. Sorry, but taken in isolation rather than trying to create some sort of metaphor for the whole Palestinian problem, this is a non-story. The kid acted foolishly and was lucky not to be hurt. In most other countries, it would have been a soccer ball, not a rock.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks it just 'slightly' odd there were so many people with cameras who just happened to be there? There are at least four including the one taking the video, and all have pro rigs, not the sort of thing you take your holiday snaps with.

Ramadhan
06-30-2011, 04:06 AM
I agree. The driver had sounded his horn while slowing, not accelerating, and tried to swerve to avoid them. He stopped within a couple of meters; you don't do that 'trying to run somebody down'. Sorry, but taken in isolation rather than trying to create some sort of metaphor for the whole Palestinian problem, this is a non-story. The kid acted foolishly and was lucky not to be hurt. In most other countries, it would have been a soccer ball, not a rock.
We were not discussing the incident per se, we were discussing how Subaru Israel put an ad featuring palestinian kids run over by an Israeli in a Subaru car and saying it's a good thing.

I would like to highlight the fact that the people who are concerned about Israelis not getting their rights respected normally do not show the same concern when millions of palestinians kicked out from their homes, or when palestinian babies are getting killed by Israeli missiles.

Hypocrisy.

May Ayob
06-30-2011, 04:12 AM
Salaam, I simply disagree with throwing stones at a car. It was an interesting discussion. Anyway, here is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wueqs...eature=related ^ From looking at the video, it appears that the driver did not intentionally hit kid. The kid ran towards the car. Is my evaluation correct?
Salaam
Wow! He did not do it intentionally?
Then that really makes a difference, Eh?
Not really, not even one bit.. Are you telling me that he didn't actually see him?Sub7anAllah
And even if it was "unintentionally" It is still not excused, there is no excuse at all, not even one.
So If I was riding my car and little child came towards it Does that give me the right to run over him?
And then arrogantly claim that the child was silly , I had to show him my strength and that no one is allowed to mess with me not even a child.
Salaam

May Ayob
06-30-2011, 04:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
So I wonder if I should even care about this at all. I know they are my brothers in faith now, but would they really care about me if I was lost in their neighborhood?
Salaam
I don't think they will attack you because you are white, Usually when Israelis come in to Palestentian Areas they make sure that they can be identified.
Salaam

Who Am I?
06-30-2011, 04:29 AM
Salaam
I don't think they will attack you because you are white, Usually when Israelis come in to Palestentian Areas they make sure that they can be identified.
Salaam
Well as crazy as it sounds, I would like to visit some of my Palestinian brothers one day. Spend some time with them, get to know them, etc. Inshallah, I will get a chance to do that one day.

GuestFellow
06-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Sorry, but taken in isolation rather than trying to create some sort of metaphor for the whole Palestinian problem, this is a non-story. The kid acted foolishly and was lucky not to be hurt.
Agreed.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks it just 'slightly' odd there were so many people with cameras who just happened to be there? There are at least four including the one taking the video, and all have pro rigs, not the sort of thing you take your holiday snaps with.
I'm not sure...

Salaam
Wow! He did not do it intentionally?
Then that really makes a difference, Eh? Not really, not even one bit.. Are you telling me that he didn't actually see him?Sub7anAllah And even if it was "unintentionally" It is still not excused, there is no excuse at all, not even one.
Salaam,

Well the kids ran towards the car and wanted to throw a stone at it. The driver accidentally ran them over. It's the kids fault. They should not be running towards the car and throwing stones at it. As brother Trumble mentioned, the driver sounded his horn, which is to warn the kids to move out of the way.

So If I was riding my car and little child came towards it Does that give me the right to run over him?
No.

And then arrogantly claim that the child was silly , I had to show him my strength and that no one is allowed to mess with me not even a child.
Have you watched the video? The driver did not want to run over the kids. He accidentally ran over them because the kids ran towards his car. The driver is not at fault here.

If this boy tried to sue the driver in court for damages, he would get nothing, based on the principle, "no action can arise under a blameworthy cause".

Tyrion
06-30-2011, 06:08 AM
If the Israelis really came out with that ad, then that's pretty terrible. But to me, it doesn't seem likely that that's the case... Also, regarding the incident with the car, if what Guestfellow and Trumble say is true and it really was an accident, then I think people should drop it (I didn't watch the video, since I'm not particularly interested in seeing children being run over). Trust me, I feel for the Palestinians, and most people with a heartbeat feel for them too... And like most of you, I don't agree with Israels presence there... But like others have said, we can't just jump to the defense of every single Palestinian regardless of what they do, and we can't just attack every Israeli Jew simply because they're an Israeli Jew. Not all Israelis are bad people, just like how not all Palestinians are good people. All I've seen so far in this thread is people taking a story that probably isn't true, and turning it into an excuse to argue and attack groups of people again... You know, you can support a cause and fight injustice without turning into the people you claim to hate...

(Once again, I'm not trying to support Israel... In fact, I've tried hard not to say much regarding that particular issue or my positions regarding it, so hopefully I won't see too many people making assumptions... Also, if the guy who ran over the kids did do it on purpose, then that's just disgusting and it deserves our disapproval... But even then, it's important not to generalize and make assumptions there too.. We can voice our feelings regarding the evil acts committed by those specific people and those who support them, but when you start to use terms like "those Israelis" then you begin to build prejudice... Kind of the same way people generalize and form prejudices towards all Americans... Or even how people generalize all Muslims and form prejudices.)

May Ayob
06-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Have you watched the video? The driver did not want to run over the kids. He accidentally ran over them because the kids ran towards his car. The driver is not at fault here.
Salaam
NO. I didn't watch the video , I never was , I never will be watching it , As it is not normal to be watching little kids to be run - over
I fear for my heart, Thank you for the offer
Okay then if it is not his fault , Is there something wrong with saying something perhaps like: I'm Sorry?

And why is this man driving in the Palestenian Lands anyway?

Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
We can voice our feelings regarding the evil acts committed by those specific people and those who support them, but when you start to use terms like "those Israelis" then you begin to build prejudice... Kind of the same way people generalize all Americans... Or even how people generalize all Muslims.)
Salaam..
I guess this is directed me , Am I correct?
Thank you for the reminder , I almost forgot that I'm a generalizer.
But then I mean really Is it okay to keep making excuses in the name of not generalizing to people who don't even care if the crushed a child's body?
If this all isn't True , Then this is all just a waste of time, I wish we could all make sure the news is correct before we post it and make a thread about it.
Salaam

May Ayob
06-30-2011, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
Well as crazy as it sounds, I would like to visit some of my Palestinian brothers one day. Spend some time with them, get to know them, etc. Inshallah, I will get a chance to do that one day.
Salaam
Insha'Allah one day you will visit them :)
And they will be happy to see you , and you will upload the photos you took with them for us to see in Islamic Board ( If it is allowed)
Isha'Allah it will happen , Just have hope
Salaam

Tyrion
06-30-2011, 06:22 AM
I guess this is directed me , Am I correct?
My comments weren't directed at any specific member...

May Ayob
06-30-2011, 06:30 AM
My comments weren't directed at any specific member...
Salaam
Then I'm Sorry, please Pardon me.
Salaam

Ramadhan
06-30-2011, 06:44 AM
If the Israelis really came out with that ad, then that's pretty terrible. But to me, it doesn't seem likely that that's the case...

Did you not read the previous posts?
What do you think is likely and what not? on what basis?

It doesn't seem likely too that a group of foreigners robbed your homes and lands and put you in a concentration camp and killed your babies while the rest of the world looked on and nodded and the powerful countries made you believe that you are the ones who are criminals.

But it happened.

Ramadhan
06-30-2011, 06:49 AM
Trust me, I feel for the Palestinians, and most people with a heartbeat feel for them too...

Not according to statistics. Unless you don't think most americans have heartbeat.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/126155/su...cord-high.aspxSupport for Israel in U.S. at 63%, Near Record High

Ramadhan
06-30-2011, 06:52 AM
But like others have said, we can't just jump to the defense of every single Palestinian regardless of what they do, and we can't just attack every Israeli Jew simply because they're an Israeli Jew.
Agreed. Many orthodox jews are actually against zionism.

And as far as I know, at least in this thread, we are not vilifying Israeli jews, we were discussing how Subaru Israel put up the advertisement featuring palestinian kids run over by Israeli driving subaru car.

Trumble
06-30-2011, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

We were not discussing the incident per se, we were discussing how Subaru Israel put an ad featuring palestinian kids run over by an Israeli in a Subaru car and saying it's a good thing.
You seem totally oblivious to the content of most recent contributions, not least your own. I thought we had established long ago that there wasn't the slightest bit of evidence 'Subaru Israel' had actually done any such thing?

I think we have also pretty much established that the driver was trying to avoid hurting anybody, not cause it, whether he happened to be an 'evil Zionist' or not. And, frankly, it is also totally obvious to anyone watching the video that the rock-throwing, if not the kid's over-enthusiam, was totally stage-managed for the benefit of all those people with cameras who mysteriously just happened to be hanging around a very ordinary and pretty unexciting street for no particular reason.

Ramadhan
06-30-2011, 06:58 AM
You seem totally oblivious to the content of most recent contributions, not least your own. I thought we had established long ago that there wasn't the slightest bit of evidence 'Subaru Israel' had actually done any such thing?
Where did you establish that Subaru Israel had not done such thing?
Evidence?

Tyrion
06-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Did you not read the previous posts?
What do you think is likely and what not? on what basis?
Evidence?
I'm pretty sure it's you who hasn't been following the recent posts in the thread... o.o

Not according to statistics. Unless you don't think most americans have heartbeat.
I suppose it would have been more accurate to say that most people who are aware of the situation feel for them... And definitely most of the people I know. But that's neither here nor there, I was just trying to say that I sympathize with the Palestinians.

Ramadhan
06-30-2011, 07:07 AM
I'm pretty sure it's you who hasn't been following the recent posts in the thread... o.o
So please point me to the posts which established Subaru Israel didn't have the advertisement.

May Ayob
06-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Salaam
I think the Problem we are facing is that sometimes we tend to speak about our problems and usually disagree a lot, rather than actually putting something into action.
It would be good if we discussed how we can help our brothers and sisters in there as well.
Salaam

Ramadhan
06-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Here's ways to help our Palestinian brothers and sisters:

http://www.pchrgaza.org/portal/en/in...033&Itemid=175
http://www.palestineonlinestore.com/help.html
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8454730966
http://www.interpal.org.uk/
http://www.interpal.org.uk/index.php/en/donate
http://www.palestinesolidarity.org/

I think sis Harb was also organizing teddy for Gaza which collects teddy bears and send them for Palestinian children.

May Ayob
06-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Here's ways to help our Palestinian brothers and sisters: http://www.pchrgaza.org/portal/en/in...033&Itemid=175 http://www.palestineonlinestore.com/help.html http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8454730966 http://www.interpal.org.uk/ http://www.interpal.org.uk/index.php/en/donate http://www.palestinesolidarity.org/ I think sis Harb was also organizing teddy for Gaza which collects teddy bears and send them for Palestinian children.
Salaam
Thank you Jazak Allahu Khair , I will Insha'Allah check that out
Salaam

Trumble
06-30-2011, 07:53 AM

Evidence?
Try the first page, #6 in particular.

Exactly. Evidence.. or to be precise the total absence of it. The only place this photo can be found is where people are complaining about it. Try finding one picture of this 'ad' on a website, in a showroom, on a magazine cover, or on a billboard. There are none. Anywhere. The advertisment doesn't exist, and the picture purporting to be one didn't originate from Subaru Israel.

Of course, if you wish to contest the above it's easy - just point us to a photo of the 'ad' in situ. 'Evidence', as you say.

sister herb
06-30-2011, 09:01 AM
I think sis Harb was also organizing teddy for Gaza which collects teddy bears and send them for Palestinian children.
I just found my name from here... yes, all teddies have already loaded to flotilla ships and hopely they too don´t face destiny to become illegally attack on international waters and kidnapped by zionists as teddies to kids in Gaza might be serious security risk to Israel.

Ramadhan
06-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Try the first page, #6 in particular. Exactly. Evidence.. or to be precise the total absence of it. The only place this photo can be found is where people are complaining about it. Try finding one picture of this 'ad' on a website, in a showroom, on a magazine cover, or on a billboard. There are none. Anywhere. The advertisment doesn't exist, and the picture purporting to be one didn't originate from Subaru Israel. Of course, if you wish to contest the above it's easy - just point us to a photo of the 'ad' in situ. 'Evidence', as you say.
LOL. The post #6 is actually your post, and only containing your opinion that Press TV made up the whole thing.
And Br, Ardianto in #9 and I in post #11 showed that your hatred and imagination about Press TV ran wild because Press TV actually sourced their news report from Xinhua News Agency, and Xinhua based it on direct interviews with The Palestinian National Authority (PNA), the Israel peace organization (Peace Now), the International Movement to Defend Children.
I suspect you only read your own posts, because in post #10, it is reported that Subaru denied any link to the commercial, which proved the commercial did exist. And if you read post #9 and #10 you would have known that the advertisement was published in Subaru Israel's Facebook page before being taken down.

You also claimed in your post #8 that you could not find earlier source than 21st April. Just typing a couple of words and a click showed that it is not true. Even AFP already published the news on the 20 April.http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...3eed2e4566.141

I'd like reiterate again:
It is obvious that you show a lot of concern whenever some random Israeli entities are getting annoyed, but does not show any slightest concern whenever Palestinian babies are being killed by Israelis or whenever palestinians are evicted from their homes and their lands stolen.

What do you think those israelis reborn as in their next life?
Or some random buddhist who often prefer to side with the Israeli oppressors?

GuestFellow
06-30-2011, 02:27 PM
:sl:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Israeli government claimed that the teddy bears are a threat to their national security.

Salaam
NO. I didn't watch the video , I never was , I never will be watching it , As it is not normal to be watching little kids to be run - over
I fear for my heart, Thank you for the offer
Okay then if it is not his fault , Is there something wrong with saying something perhaps like: I'm Sorry?
The driver did not have time to say sorry because there were people still throwing stones. Besides, there is no need for the driver to say sorry. The kids should not be throwing stones at cars.

And why is this man driving in the Palestenian Lands anyway?
Your asking the wrong person.

Who Am I?
06-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Salaam
Insha'Allah one day you will visit them :)
And they will be happy to see you , and you will upload the photos you took with them for us to see in Islamic Board ( If it is allowed)
Isha'Allah it will happen , Just have hope
Salaam
Well as soon as I get myself out of debt, I do want to do a bit of traveling. Hopefully within the next 3-5 years I can pay off my debts.

Trumble
06-30-2011, 05:32 PM
LOL. The post #6 is actually your post, and only containing your opinion that Press TV made up the whole thing.
Of course it's my post. Your point is?

I certainly speculated that, yes.

And Br, Ardianto in #9 and I in post #11 showed that your hatred and imagination about Press TV ran wild because Press TV actually sourced their news report from Xinhua News Agency, and Xinhua based it on direct interviews with The Palestinian National Authority (PNA), the Israel peace organization (Peace Now), the International Movement to Defend Children.
Ardianto pointed out the reference to Xinhua, which I'm afraid I manage to miss. If you think that is indicitive of my "hatred and imagination about Press TV" so be it; I can only say that was not the case.

I suspect you only read your own posts, because in post #10, it is reported that Subaru denied any link to the commercial, which proved the commercial did exist.
It proved the photo being complained about existed, not that any 'commercial' did. Who ever claimed otherwise?

And if you read post #9 and #10 you would have known that the advertisement was published in Subaru Israel's Facebook page before being taken down.
It was reproduced there not 'published'. Nowhere does it say who by or in what context, being Facebook it could have been anybody. Do you not think advertisements would appear on their showroom site or on automobile related websites rather than (for some 'random' reason) Facebook? Get real. To quote, erm, yourself..

The Gulf News reported on its website on Friday that the advertisement had “resurfaced a few days ago on a Facebook page for the Subaru car company in Israel, with some words in Hebrew
'Resurfaced'? Where did it actually appear before? Again, is there the slightest bit of evidence that, outside of the press it ever did? Why have neither the Chinese or Iranian websites got any pictures of the commercial as a commercial? Why has nobody else? Are we really expected to believe that this phantom advertisement was somehow dug up by Subura Israel after all the fuss, a ' few words in Hebrew' added and then was plonked on Facebook for no obvious reason by themselves other than, presumably, to invite a major ear-bashing from Subaru in Japan?

I'd like reiterate again:
It is obvious that you show a lot of concern whenever some random Israeli entities are getting annoyed, but does not show any slightest concern whenever Palestinian babies are being killed by Israelis or whenever palestinians are evicted from their homes and their lands stolen.
I have merely pointed out that the advertisement is clearly fake. If you actually valued the Palestinian cause you would realize this sort of garbage does that case no good at all and fools nobody outside of it's totally uncritical and gullible intended audience (please see the thread on the Peace Flotilla for the other side of the coin). This thread is not about babies, or evictions, it is about that advertisement - a fact you pointed out yourself. You are the expert on 'hatred'; you really ought to be able to identify instances intended purely to whip it up.

Or some random buddhist who often prefer to side with the Israeli oppressors?
Actually, I don't 'side' with anybody. Unfortunately, as you do to the extent that any capacity for critical thought is flung away in a frenzy of 'evil Zionist' bashing I suspect you are psychologically incapable of recognising the fact. Moving on ...

Talking of reiteration;

Of course, if you wish to contest the above it's easy - just point us to a photo of the 'ad' in situ. 'Evidence', as you say.
You ignored that, of course, but I'm afraid it's time to put aside the blathering and move into 'put up or shut up' mode. Just one link to one photograph of this so-called commercial in a setting in which any reasonable person would expect to find a commercial is all that's needed. Evidence, please.

I would also be curious to hear your comments regarding my observation about the number of photographers present around the incident, something else you have chosen to ignore? And indeed why, as you are so concerned with 'hatred', there hasn't been a peep from you regarding something totally obvious in the video, that the 'evil Zionist' driver had no intention of 'running down' anybody and appeared to do everything possible to avoid it. Perhaps you might want to mull over which adults in that video would have been responsible had the boy been injured. The driver, or the four guys with cameras who just mysteriously happened to be there plus the assorted others that equally mysteriously appeared from nowhere to hussle the boy into a car.

sister herb
07-01-2011, 02:01 PM
What if those blood-thirsty zionists just would go away from occupied Palestine? Then they shouldn´t have to worry that kids throw stones to they cars and they wouldn´t need to run over those kids.

In Al-Quds (Jerusalem) and the West Bank Palestinian kids aren´t only ones whose throw stones; also zionist settlers throw them - against Palestinians. Just same are they in car or not and mostly when Palestinians are driving or walking on they own lands (which zionists haven´t confiscated - yet).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!