/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please Explain Adam...I thought prophets did not commit sin?

DippedinJannah
06-23-2011, 07:36 AM
I am confused about something...

Adam is considered a Prophet. However, according to the Qur'an, he was tempted by Shaytan and ate of the tree (7:19-24, 20:115-123, etc.) So Adam was banished to Earth.

Now, I know Adam made penance for 40 days and was forgiven By Allah (swt). But...my question is this...I understood that Prophets do not commit serious sin. They might miscalculate or make human errors, but they don't commit serious sin.

But in this case, didn't Adam commit serious sin by directly disobeying Allah (swt) and eating of the forbidden tree?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
07-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Salam

My answer is not based on anything, this is just my thinking.

I believe he committed sin in Jannah for he was sent down to earth with Eva to join shaytan
During his Stay on Earth, i havent read any record of his major sin.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!