/* */

PDA

View Full Version : baby steps towrds dawah..

nutty
06-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Assalamun alaikum every1

I wanted so advice...recently i jst stated takin baby steps towards doing dawah.. toward family members by senting hadith on phones....the thing is i am not perfect..in certain areas of my life i am sinning... does this means i shouldnt do dawah cos am gna cross as hypocrite..since am still sinning nd i no am gna carry on sinning (fact of life)..will this effort be accpeted by Allah...I tld them that if they dont want me to sent them hadith they should tell me and il stop..Was this a wise move...

jazak-Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-07-2011, 01:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nutty
Assalamun alaikum every1

I wanted so advice...recently i jst stated takin baby steps towards doing dawah.. toward family members by senting hadith on phones....the thing is i am not perfect..in certain areas of my life i am sinning... does this means i shouldnt do dawah cos am gna cross as hypocrite..since am still sinning nd i no am gna carry on sinning (fact of life)..will this effort be accpeted by Allah...I tld them that if they dont want me to sent them hadith they should tell me and il stop..Was this a wise move...

jazak-Allah
Asalaamu Alaikum, My sister whatever good we do in our lives that is pleasing to Allah then surely it will not be pleasing to shaythan. This is because shaythan is our sworn enemy and wants the worse for us. He hates it that we do good and wants us to go down the wrong path so we can be in his grip.

Although sometimes he may also use good deeds against us. For example if we stay up much of the night doing good deeds and then fall asleep due to tiredness resulting in one not being able to wake up for Fajr.

Giving dawah is a very noble act but it is far more effective if we ourselves have noble characteristics and are known by others to have good character and manners. Therefore the first thing we must concentrate on is trying to correct our character and manners especially in the way we behave and deal with others. This will result in our dawah being far more effective.

You should certainly continue to send Islamic reminders and texts particularly on time, death and the hereafter as such reminders bring one back into reality. Keep it once a week and send them when you know they will not be too busy.

You could also e mail them good Islamic lectures once every few weeks or even put on good Islamic lectures when they are present so that they benefit from it and you can even bring up Islamic topics in family discussion as long as you do not attack or criticise anyone hence making them defensive and then the discussion will prove more harmful than beneficial.

Whenever you give dawah to them or anyone else then say "we should" not "you should" as dawah is also a reminder to us and we need it as much as them. Also that will prevent them from becoming defenisve. But never force feed them or suffocate them with too much dawah. Strike a good balance and make sincee dua to Allah that he gives them guidance.

Remember the best dawah is your behaviour and character towards them and anyone else you give dawah to so always try to show exemplery behaviour character and manners and your dawah will go further than you ever imagined.

And Allah is the only one who gives guidance and may he guide all of us and our families. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!