/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The authenticity of the quran

nour elhoda
06-25-2011, 11:57 PM
The authenticity of the quran
The revelation of the Quran came to prophet Muhammed in fragments from time to time.
As soon as he recieved any , he used to communicate it to his companiens and ask them not only to commit it to memory , but also to write it down.

In the prophet's life , he used to indicate in a precise manner the place to which the revelation belongs, thus the complete Quran was commited to writing & also preserved in the hearts of hundreds of Muslims .
After the demise of prophet Muhammed PBUH, Abu Bakr the first caliph , charged Zaid Ibn Thabit with the task of preparing an authentic copy of the holy Quran in a form of a book .

The companiens of the prophet , wrote the revelation on parchments & pieces of leathers.
Zaid Ibn Thabit collected all these and compared them with what the prophet's followers learnt by heart , compiled a copy called " Musshaf". This proccess made no doubt about the genuinenss & th ecorrectness of the Quran .

Then Othman , the third caliph , ordered to make 7 copies of the " Musshaf" edition , & sent a copy to the different centers of the vast Islamic world.
From the time of th eprophet to our own time the practice of learning the Quran by heart has continued unbroken, & th enumber of people who learn it by heart can be counted by hundreds of thousands all over the world . the result is that , no scolar, eastern or western. Muslim or non-muslim, has never cast any doubt on the purity of the text.
Even such an unfriendly critic as Sir William Muir writes about the Quran :
" there is probably in the world no other book which has remained 12 centuries with so pure a text "

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amin motiwala
06-29-2011, 03:58 PM
SubhanALLAH Nice information.
JazakALLAH

SFatima
06-29-2011, 07:29 PM
SubhanALlah, Allahu Akbar....

Who Am I?
06-29-2011, 09:40 PM
This is one thing that struck me about Islam versus Christianity.

There are so many different copies of the Bible now that it's impossible to determine which one is the original and who wrote it and when.

The Qu'ran on the other hand is unchanged in 1400 years.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Starrynight
07-02-2011, 11:23 AM
I also found this to be very fascinating. I wish I understood and could read Arabic so I could read the real original Arabic text, but I will have to settle for English translations for now.

SFatima
07-03-2011, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Starrynight
I also found this to be very fascinating. I wish I understood and could read Arabic so I could read the real original Arabic text, but I will have to settle for English translations for now.
You will love it InshAllah. The quranic arabic looks like a very difficult language at a glance, but I'm telling you, once you start learning it, it comes sooo easy to you that you fall in love with it : D

there are many online facilities teaching it, there was this one shariah programme website too, I'll look for it if you want to know about it :)

Riana17
07-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Alhamdollelah for this information
I heard one original exist in Turkey

Ya Rabb Inshallah, may we all die true believers of none but Allah

Ramadhan
07-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Allah SWT has promised to protect the Qur'an:

[We have sent down the Reminder, and We will preserve it.] (Al-Hijr 15: 9)

This is another undeniable proof the Qur'an is from the creator of everything.

SFatima
07-06-2011, 05:43 AM
But to absorb the true effects of Quran, One must keep on listening to it in its actual arabic dialect, you cant deny oneself that experience, those words have power that none of the translations can even come close to, even if you don't know what they mean, they just affect you. : )

Who Am I?
07-06-2011, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
But to absorb the true effects of Quran, One must keep on listening to it in its actual arabic dialect, you cant deny oneself that experience, those words have power that none of the translations can even come close to, even if you don't know what they mean, they just affect you. : )
One thing that I noticed immediately when I started learning Al Fatiha for my prayers was the lyrical quality of the original text. It reads like an epic poem or song and when it is recited properly, it is a thing of beauty.

I still don't understand most of it when I hear recitations, but I am starting to pick up a few words here and there.

Ramadhan
07-06-2011, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
Very true. I don't understand arabic except for the often repeated words, but I can recite the Qur'an, and the effects when I'm reciting vary but indescribable, sometimes it just made me cry without reason, and when I read the translation after reciting it, turned out the verses where I was crying was either about mercy from Allah SWT or about punishments in the hereafter.

SFatima
07-07-2011, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

Very true. I don't understand arabic except for the often repeated words, but I can recite the Qur'an, and the effects when I'm reciting vary but indescribable, sometimes it just made me cry without reason, and when I read the translation after reciting it, turned out the verses where I was crying was either about mercy from Allah SWT or about punishments in the hereafter.
ufff you are so righttt!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!