/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can i do the Friday Salah at home?

AllahIsMyGod
06-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Salamu Alaykum
Due to a Social disorder i have (Social Anxiety) i am too scared to enter the mosque and perform the friday salah with my fellow Brothers.
So my question is, on friday, may i watch a Khutbah on the television or internet and then perform Zuhr at home afterwards?
Shukran to everyone, may Allah guide you to the straight path

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-07-2011, 01:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AllahIsMyGod
Salamu Alaykum
Due to a Social disorder i have (Social Anxiety) i am too scared to enter the mosque and perform the friday salah with my fellow Brothers.
So my question is, on friday, may i watch a Khutbah on the television or internet and then perform Zuhr at home afterwards?
Shukran to everyone, may Allah guide you to the straight path
Asalaamu Alaikum, I have asked a scholar for you and he has confirmed that if your doctor has said that you cannot go to the Mosque because of your social anxiety disorder then you are exempt from performing Jummah in the Masjid and you can pray Dhuhr instead. However this must be confirmed by the doctor.

Also brother you must make every effort to tackle these problems by getting the necessery medical treatments. There was a brother who also had issues such as yours. His advice was:

"I've had my fair share of anxiety disorders and panic attacks, I have got rid of my panic attacks and drastically reduced my anxiety by reading Qur'aan and crying to Allah, doing my obligatory and Sunnah acts, doing Dhikr, letting go of worldly desires, stopping doing Haraam things, giving Sadaqah, reading the dua's for anxiety which you can find in 'Fortress of a Muslim' or 'Hisnul Muslim', moving away from bad company etc. Basically, living my life by Islam!"

Here are the Dua's for anxiety which you should repeat as much as possible:

http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=34

You should also recite a lot of Surah Faatiha.

So follow this advice and live every aspect of your life by Islam as well as taking medication and most of all place ALL of your trust in Allah and there is no doubt that things will improve and at the same time you will get closer to Allah.

May Allah give you the best of this world and the Hereafter. Ameen

IB-Staff
09-25-2015, 06:00 AM
Click here if the video below does not load: Can you pray Jummah Prayer at home?

Short summary of the Fatwa in video:

In non-Muslim countries, it is permitted to establish Jumuah prayers at any place even if only 4 Muslim men gather, provided any other Muslim is permitted to join them.

If there are less than 4 people, or if the place has restricted entry (like a person's home where only the family members are allowed), then they should pray Zuhr prayer instead.

In Muslim countries, if the Muslim ruler prohibits people from establishing Jumuah due to certain circumstances, then people should pray 4 rakat of Zuhr prayer instead. They can pray zuhr in congregation if they want but they are not permitted to establish Jumuah prayers without the Muslim ruler's permission.

A similar Fatwa is available here: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/3335...of-an-epidemic

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!