/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer

Sunnie Ameena
06-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Are there differences in how a brother and a sister pray? If so, is there a website I can go to and look at?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
06-28-2011, 06:00 PM
It would depend on what madhab (school of thought you follow), there is 4 schools of thought that contain rulings on how to do everything in Islam. The four schools are Hanafi, Shafi, Maliki, Hanbali. They are named after the scholars who founded them, what these scholars basically did is, analysed all the evidence from the Qur'an and hadith and derived rulings, they somtimes differed in their understanding of the texts and that's why they have different opinions to each other in certain areas. The question you raised is an example of an area where they differed.

I know in the Hanafi school of thought there is a difference in how the women pray. I guess the key question is what school of thought do you follow?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!