/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my discontent

anonymous
06-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I am an a woman my mid twenties.My problem is that I am seriously dissatisfied with my life since childhood.As I have grown up,over the years I have seen this problem grow with me.My life is becoming really unbearable for me.Can I really break this longtime habit of discontent...???three major reasons for discontent are..
My physical appearance
my intelligence
my social status
my ideals are extra ordinary beauty+super smart mind+rich social status
I have been daydreaming about these things all my life,my discontent leads me to excessive daydreaming,and you can imagine how tht ruins a person's life.
my reality is:
>I am good looking with no serious physical defects like overweight,short height or any such thing,nobody has ever called me ugly and I know that I am not so,but I cant appreciate myself although i have evaluated my physical appearance with conventional beauty standards and the results are also not disappointing..but I cant feel satisfaction still..this is a serious problem and it has exasperated me...
>I belong to a middle class family.My parents have given me good education
>I feel I am dumb and stupid,I should have got some more sense..sometimes I feel I have mistreated myself by being so hard to myself,I have been hating myself ,my life and all that I have...Now I figure out this mistake and want to make amends earnestly.I have mistreated myself and have been so unthankful to Allah.But I dont know if its possible to change this attitude when i have thought so negatively about myself since childhood.I need help...please
:exhausted:exhausted:exhausted:exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-01-2011, 04:10 AM
Woman recognize only one happiness, love and be loved by a man. And I am not sure a woman with extra ordinary beauty+super smart mind+rich social status can get a man who really loves her with true love.

Don't mix fairy tale with reality.

:)

Salahudeen
07-01-2011, 06:12 AM
Maybe you are too much into this duniya sister, I know when I become like this I have to tell myself to stop and re evaluate things, I tell myself why am I so concerned over this life when it's not forever and it's not meant to be perfect.

I think your remedy is to concentrate on the akhira and not place so much emphasis on how you are in this life because we're just living a test at the end of the day and all that matters is what happens in the real life when we die.

Try and balance things out, don't become so concerned with this life that you get stressed over not getting the things you want, just forget about having the perfect life on Earth cos I doubt it will happen, if it did you'd be in paradise not on Earth.

Just focus on the eternal life and getting there, you don't want your time in this life to be consumed with ideas of discontent because in the process you will stop caring about the next life and make this life your everything.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!