/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite type of exercise?

Starrynight
07-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Are you a runner, walker, soccer player? What is your favorite way to exercise?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IAmZamzam
07-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Walking and hiking. Constant walking helps human brains function optimally. It certainly helps me come up with ideas. For some reason taking a bath can do that to me too, though; go figure.

Who Am I?
07-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Exercise? What is that?

May Ayob
07-01-2011, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
Exercise? What is that?
Salaam
According to Oxford Dictionary Excercise would be:
physical or mental activity that you do to stay healthy or become stronger.
I know it was a joke..Atleast I am hoping.

Salaam Starrynight:
I think running is good. What about you?

Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
07-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Walking and Cycling.

Ramadhan
07-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Swimming.
I can swim for hours.
I love running too, especially if it's outdoor, but can't do it in Jakarta.

piXie
07-01-2011, 07:21 PM
What is your favorite type of exercise?
Relaxing exercises likeeee...

Inhaling...exhaling.. Inhaling.. :p

Who Am I?
07-01-2011, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob
Salaam
According to Oxford Dictionary Excercise would be:
physical or mental activity that you do to stay healthy or become stronger.
I know it was a joke..Atleast I am hoping.

Salaam Starrynight:
I think running is good. What about you?

Salaam
Yes, it was, sister. I don't exercise anymore. I was quite the athlete when I was younger, but a lot of that was because I was "encouraged" to pursue physical pursuits by my parents. I didn't enjoy it as much as I pretended to.

yas2010
07-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Love power walking. Enjoy running but do get shin-splints. ( ouch!- any suggestions how to overcome would be great!)
Also enjoy kickboxing, as i also take my two children. Good fun :)

Starrynight
07-02-2011, 11:28 AM
I always loved running, but have not been able to very much anymore. I am trying to get out walking more to make up for the lack of exercise. The gym can also be fun late at night when I have the place mostly to myself :)

Sawdah
07-02-2011, 12:21 PM
:sl:

Playing basketball with friends is fun, but since I don't have the oppertunity to do that all the time I usually run, walk or jump rope alhamdulilah.

sister herb
07-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Walking, specially at forest. Swimming if I find silent, lonely little lake during walking.

Innocent Soul
07-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Walking, skipping rope and badminton. Well, I don't know whether badminton is considered as an exercise or just a game.

format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
It certainly helps me come up with ideas.
I agree with you while walking alone we think about so many things.

Ramadhan
07-02-2011, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Walking, skipping rope and badminton. Well, I don't know whether badminton is considered as an exercise or just a game.
Badminton is a game sports, so it is both exercise and game.
When done properly, playing full badminton in two sets should burn more calories than playing tennis.

Haya emaan
07-02-2011, 05:18 PM
exercise... ah..!!^o) the only way of my exercise is running all around the college to reach all the classes on time..:hmm: before that i have to reserve all my energy and of course after that no energy left for any other exercise..:exhausted

but yes in exercise i like walking (dont get time for that^o)) running ( no appropriate place where i can run with my hijab near my homeimsad) like skipping ropes (but that sounds childish:hiding:) badminton ( no one to play with me:cry:) swimming (don't know swimming:heated:)

at the end no exercise...!!!

FS123
07-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Running, swimming, and tennis.

Starrynight
07-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Swimming is tough because there are no girl only places to swim where I'm at :(

Jalal~
07-03-2011, 01:50 AM
nintendo wii anyone? jk jk, running is very helpful, it reduces the headaches i have and also removes some stress; i try to push myself to run farther and faster everytime i go out to run

Jalal~
07-03-2011, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Starrynight
Swimming is tough because there are no girl only places to swim where I'm at
lol, there are no boys only places either

Ali Mujahidin
07-03-2011, 02:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010
Also enjoy kickboxing

You mean kickboxing like Muay Thai? That's interesting.

Myself I like to cycle. I like the part where I can pedal hard uphill then relax when I cruise downhill. That's something I cannot do when running or walking. Now I am bicycle-less so I have to make do with walking. It's a lot of fun walking in the early dawn to the masjid a couple of kilometers away for Subuh salah.

Salahudeen
07-03-2011, 03:40 AM
I run however I'm worried because people tell me running is harsh on your knee's and eventually it'll cause me to get an injury, people have told me to do a non impact exercise instead such as swimming. Walking between the targets is good exercise.

DippedinJannah
07-06-2011, 11:48 PM
I love to lift weights. I like to put on my headphones, go into the gym, and pump iron for an hour or two. I get very focused.

My 10-year-old step-daughter LOVES to ride her bike, so she is always dragging me out for a bike ride :-) It is very good exercise, too.

Serendipity
07-07-2011, 07:28 PM
I hate exercise! Lol just kidding the only sport I like would be badminton.

Starrynight
07-10-2011, 06:16 PM
^I am awful at badminton! LOL
But I have heard that if a person plays it the right way they can burn a lot of calories and get a great workout

GuestFellow
07-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Salaam,

I like jumping and running up the stairs. Does this count as exercising? O_O

Who Am I?
07-10-2011, 07:19 PM
^I am awful at badminton! LOL
But I have heard that if a person plays it the right way they can burn a lot of calories and get a great workout

We used to play badminton when I was a kid. I used to show off and try to do really cool diving hits and stuff. Sometimes it worked, most of the time it didn't.

Starrynight
07-10-2011, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

I like jumping and running up the stairs. Does this count as exercising? O_O
Of course it does! Just don't trip up the stairs or you will get hurt

GuestFellow
07-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Of course it does! Just don't trip up the stairs or you will get hurt
Salaam,

I was kidding. :p:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-11-2011, 08:17 PM
As-Salaamu Alaaykum

My fave Exercise would most probably be being geeky by sitting on the sofa all day and eating junk food!

Im kidding :-\, it would be definetly have to be running and walking for me..

Who Am I?
07-11-2011, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
As-Salaamu Alaaykum

My fave Exercise would most probably be being geeky by sitting on the sofa all day and eating junk food!

Im kidding :-\, it would be definetly have to be running and walking for me..
:wa:

Hey, what's wrong with being a sedentary video game nerd? My thumbs are in great shape.

:D

islamaholicâ„¢
07-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Favorite excercise would be Qiyamul - Layl :shade:

Although I barely do it :skeleton:

Beardo
07-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I love biking, swimming, and jogging. I can't do swimming as much because the local swimming pool is only open during certain times. I prefer going in the mornings when it's empty, but then I have class at that time...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-12-2011, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
:wa:

Hey, what's wrong with being a sedentary video game nerd? My thumbs are in great shape.

:D
As-Salaamu Alaaykum bro

Whats wrong is that you used the word 'Sedentary', big word for those that use video gamed products..

Ali Mujahidin
07-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Whats wrong is that you used the word 'Sedentary', big word for those that use video gamed products..

Speaking as a person who used to play video games 16 to 20 hours a day, that assumption is presumptuous, to say the least.

Who Am I?
07-12-2011, 03:27 PM

As-Salaamu Alaaykum bro

Eh, what can I say? I'm not your typical gamer nerd, I guess.

adz89
07-25-2011, 02:57 PM
best exercise for me is going to the gym and releasing stress by pumping them heavy iron weights!!!
think going to the gym is good for everyone it gets your mind off things

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!