/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear spectacles?

Innocent Soul
07-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Assalamualaikum

Just wanted to know the number of members with weak eyesight.

I think these exercises are really good.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2303850_impr...naturally.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
07-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Since I was 14 have had these... last 30 years? Am I that old?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!

Haya emaan
07-02-2011, 01:40 PM
yes i wear..for 4 years..

Endymion
07-02-2011, 01:58 PM
I tick the option 1 simply :( My eye sight is weak since i was 16(and im -- now :D ) but i start wearing them 5 years before.I dont like wearing them :cry: but i have to, otherwise when i go to some family gathering,i feel like some ladies are staring at me and when i go close,i figure out that they are my relative women :embarrass

BTW,i like my new one :D A week before i put my glasses on sofa,my elder bro came and sit on my glasses and they suddenly turned into mince :p My Mom think its a conspiracy behind that accident as i was asking her to buy me a new and she kept on refusing.And now she is suspicious that was not just an accident :giggling:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MustafaMc
07-02-2011, 02:35 PM
I have been wearing glasses for the past 41 years. I can see clearly about 6 inches (15cm) from my nose and everything beyond that is blurry.

GuestFellow
07-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Salaam,

My eyes are perfect. I think I would look nice in spectacles lol.

Haya emaan
07-02-2011, 05:29 PM
^MASHALLAH!.. you are lucky.. weak eyesight is really a growing problem these days..
6 out of 7 of my family member's eyesight is weak.. that's not a good situation..

إحسان
07-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I need glasses! My eyesight is getting worse. It's because I read too many books!

GuestFellow
07-02-2011, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
^MASHALLAH!.. you are lucky.. weak eyesight is really a growing problem these days..
6 out of 7 of my family member's eyesight is weak.. that's not a good situation..
Salaam,

I lucky? O_O

I never knew that it was a growing problem.

Innocent Soul
07-03-2011, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
Same here you can't imagine it's really weird if someone asks me whether my other family members also have weak eyesight :phew.

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I dont like wearing them but i have to, otherwise when i go to some family gathering,i feel like some ladies are staring at me and when i go close,i figure out that they are my relative women
Yeah,even I don't like wearing them. I feel that I can't live without them and I just depend on them. I feel dependent :unhappy:.

A week before i put my glasses on sofa,my elder bro came and sit on my glasses and they suddenly turned into mince My Mom think its a conspiracy behind that accident as i was asking her to buy me a new and she kept on refusing.And now she is suspicious that was not just an accident
I sat many times on my elder sister's glasses but :Alhumdill they are alive . It was the day of Eid and I was talking to my sis sitting on the bed I didn't know that my sister kept her glasses on bed so I sat on it nothing happened :popcorn:. I was talking to my sister I moved to a little back and :skeleton:. My sister was just 'it is Eid and you spoiled my Eid by breaking my glasses' :offended:.

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I lucky? O_O
Yes bro you are lucky now thank Allah by saying :Alhumdill.

What about contact lenses? My sister started using them.

Woodrow
07-03-2011, 01:01 AM
My option is not in the poll, that is------sometimes

I am one of those people who can count the legs on a flea from a distance, but would walk into an elephant if it was 6 inches away from me. So for at least the past 40-50 years I have always worn glasses for reading. The only draw back is if I look up when I have them on I become very dizzy. One good thing is with the Computer, I can seem to stay back far enough from the pc to read with out glasses so for the past few years my reading has been online most of the time, without glasses

Tyrion
07-03-2011, 01:15 AM
I've been wearing glasses since I was in preschool... I think around age 4. :p:

Flame of Hope
07-03-2011, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Assalamualaikum

Just wanted to know the number of members with weak eyesight.

I think these exercises are really good.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2303850_impr...naturally.html
:wa:

Little sister Safiyah 1, what a wonderful question. Yeah, of course I use glasses!!!!!!

I blame it on all the reading I did. Used to read even in the dark. Nobody could get me away from my books. But got no regrets.

I used to be far-sighted. for 11 years I wore glasses. Then I had an eye operation done. Then I wore no spectacles. When my husband met me, I wore no glasses.
But after more than 12 years, I have become near-sighted. So started wearing glasses again since last year. :p

tw009
07-03-2011, 01:58 AM
Yes my eyesight is extremely weak and I wear contact lens and glasses.

Ramadhan
07-03-2011, 02:15 AM
I've been wearing glasses (and contact lenses) since I was 9. Too much reading books.

Salahudeen
07-03-2011, 03:50 AM
My eye sight is going weak with age, I think it's staring at the computer screen for too long :(

Who Am I?
07-03-2011, 04:26 AM
I wear specs sometimes. Not for reading or looking at the computer. My near vision is fine. I have to wear them when driving (it's on my license) and looking at something far away. So I will not check a box since really only half a box applies to me.

Riana17
07-03-2011, 05:36 AM
Salam
I have weak eyes since 16 and every 6months I have to change my grade lol

tigerkhan
07-03-2011, 06:06 AM
alhumdulliah despite of excessive reading, my eyesight is 6/6. i use to read novels, magazines, history books and my mom always get angry that u are destroying ur eyesight but alhumdulliah it good uptill now.

Mr.President
07-03-2011, 06:31 AM
I think my eye site is weak when I attended the driving medical examination Doc told me to read some letters on board with one eye closed I can only read abt 10 lines and he said ur eye site is little weak and check ur eye site but still I haven't checked !! :(

Pure Purple
07-03-2011, 06:45 AM
Alhumdulillah my eye sight is not weak .I don't wear specs.though I am a bookworm..

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-03-2011, 06:47 AM
I've been wearing glasses since i was 13 years old. It's been 10 years now...

Haya emaan
07-03-2011, 11:41 AM

What about contact lenses? My sister started using them.
i tried them once....!!! never want to try them again...:phew

Innocent Soul
07-03-2011, 02:12 PM
^ :lol: My sister was crying when she wore it first time when I saw her that days her eyes seemed a bit yellow :ermm:. But Alhamdulillah everything's fine now. She is still getting used to it :popcorn:.

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-03-2011, 02:17 PM
^ Why are you eating popcorn...? You know, the ingredients of popcorn can have detrimental effect on your eyes. :ermm:

Endymion
07-03-2011, 02:32 PM
^ :lol: My sister was crying when she wore it first time when I saw her that days her eyes seemed a bit yellow :ermm:. But Alhamdulillah everything's fine now. She is still getting used to it :popcorn:.
Some of my friend convince me wearing contact lences.I decided to talk about it with my eye surgeon.As i told him that i wanted to use contact lences,he stare at me angirly and said "Why".Dont take that Why in a light manner,it was a very ridiculous Why,made me confuse as to what reason should i represent :embarrass :skeleton:

And then,he start telling me stories of women who lost their one eye becoz of lence infection 0_* :uuh: :omg::skeleton: And then he asked me whether i still wanna use lences ^o)

And i was like :scared: Mummyyyy..........lets go home :embarrass

BTW,its really good to see that so many people wear specs,im not alone yaaaayyyyyyy...........:giggling:

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-03-2011, 02:34 PM
******edit********

Innocent Soul
07-03-2011, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
^ Why are you eating popcorn...?
I was eating popcorn to show that I was relaxed and was really busy talking with my sis.

And then,he start telling me stories of women who lost their one eye becoz of lence infection 0_*
It's not that bad. You will look beautiful without your specs :p. Your eyes are beautiful :).

Haya emaan
07-03-2011, 05:02 PM

It's not that bad. You will look beautiful without your specs :p.
some people look beautiful with specs..:p

GuestFellow
07-03-2011, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
alhumdulliah despite of excessive reading, my eyesight is 6/6. i use to read novels, magazines, history books and my mom always get angry that u are destroying ur eyesight but alhumdulliah it good uptill now.
:sl:

We should form a club. Only those with perfect vision can join. We are so special. :p:

Revert 2010
07-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Salam, I wear glasses at home and I'm a bit short sighted but do not wear them outside.

Reflections
07-04-2011, 09:55 AM
AsSalaamu 3alaykum,

Before I got glasses (about 10 years ago) I wanted them soo much, they looked so cool, only a few people has glasses..and when I actually got them I hated them. I never wore them for 5 years, but my eyesight increasingly became weaker..and it's still becoming weaker every time I go check it up. After leaving school I couldn't wear my glasses, I was dependant on them but they weren't comfortable with niqaab on..so contact lenses were introduced :wub: I love wearing my contacts, I've become so dependant on them..but definitely prefer them to glasses

Endymion
07-04-2011, 05:39 PM

You will look beautiful without your specs :p. Your eyes are beautiful :).
I knew that :D I knew that in my heart that my sweet sister Safiyah always speak the truth :giggling: :p

Erm.... Safiyah,i forgot to ask you something :hmm: You talk about your sister,is she Safiyah 2 :embarrass Coz you are Safiyah 1 :p

:D

Innocent Soul
01-03-2012, 02:35 PM
imsad My power increased alot. :heated:

Please experienced members: Advices,suggestions,remedies etc are encouraged.:unsure:

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-03-2012, 02:40 PM
^ Wear your glasses regularly so that your power doesn't increase...:hmm: I started wearing glasses when I was in 9th standard, I used to wear them all the time, maybe as a result my power decreased later when I was in 11th standard. :hmm: It's been almost 10 years now and my power has not increased, Alhamdulillah.

Innocent Soul
01-03-2012, 02:45 PM
I wear it all the time. :) My sister said me that maybe it's cause I did not do check up from a loong time. :nervous:

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Did the ophthalmologist suggest you any medication?

Innocent Soul
01-03-2012, 02:49 PM
No. :hmm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!