/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are Deobandis and Barelwis?

Tyrion
07-03-2011, 12:10 AM
So the other day I happened to come across two terms/groups that I was unfamiliar with. Hopefully someone here can give me an explanation, since wiki didn't help that much. All I got was that they seem to be some kind of group, or schools of thought... So what exactly are they? What do they believe? Are they legitimate? What is mainstream Islam's view concerning them? I'm curious. :p:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
07-03-2011, 12:29 AM
I really don't understand how people created so many new things so that all muslims fight each other and make it difficult unite as muslims.
According to your question here is the answer.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6093132AA6YVUp

Zafran
07-03-2011, 12:40 AM
salaam

two sunni and hanifi schools of thought from the sub continent. they had some falling out which i dont know much about but basically split the pak indo hanifi community.

peace

Who Am I?
07-03-2011, 04:31 AM
I just came in here to say that at first glance, Barelwis looked like "Beavis" to me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
07-03-2011, 06:14 AM
they both follow hanafi fiqa but baralvies has some belives which have no base in islam and most of times its lead to shirk and bidha. eg they think prophet PBUH knows every thing (alam ul ghaib).
the main reason of their misguidance is effect of hinduism and lack of personal interest to gain knowledge.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!