/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What time is prayer not accepted?

Jalal~
07-03-2011, 11:46 PM
:sl:
Is there a certain time when we cannot pray? For example, can we pray between the end of Fajr and the beginning of Dhuhr? Jazakallah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jalal~
07-17-2011, 04:46 PM
the makruh times

Ramadhan
07-17-2011, 05:41 PM

Here are those times according to sunnah where it's makrooh to pray:
(sorry, I don't have time to look up the ahadeeth, but others may help)

- after fajr prayer and before dhuha. So this means the time when the sun just rises until the time the sun fully rises.
- right before dhuhur prayer. For example, if dhuhur falls at mid day, then around half hour to midday is makrooh time.
- after asr prayer until maghrib (There are two opinions in regard to this, but majority ulama have opinion that it is not allowed). I remember when I was in Raudah in masjid nabawi (the area between prophet SAW grave and his mimbar), there was this guy who was preparing to do some shalah after asr, and the guard next to the Abubakar (ra) grave told him to sit down and not to pray. There was some argument, because this guy insisted he wanted to do shalah.

AabiruSabeel
07-17-2011, 05:42 PM

Forbidden times for Salaat:
a) Sunrise
b) Zawaal midday
c) Sunset.

Makrooh times:
After the Fardh Fajr and Asr Salaats it is Makrooh to recite any Nafl (optional) Salaat. However Qadhaa Salaat Sajda-e-Tilaawat recited at that time or Janaaza Salaat could be performed at these times.

and Allah Taala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Source: http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...cf04426f087a6e

1. Sunrise is when the first portion of the sun can be seen on the eastern horizon. It ends when the entire ball of the sun has become visible.
Sunset is when the ball just touches the western horizon and ends when the entire ball has disappeared.
Zawaal is when the sun is at its highest point i.e. when the shadow of an object reaches its shortest length.

It is Makrooh to perform Nafl Salaat from after Asr Salaat. However one may perform other Waajib Salaats or Qadhaa Salaats. From about 15 or 20 minutes before sunset all Salaats including Qadhaa and Waajib become Makrooh. If one has not performed the Asr of that day then one may do so.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Moulana Imraan Vawda
FATWA DEPT.
Source: http://askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.php?a...edf7464bf0df17

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
adz89
07-21-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure if I'm correct or not, but is there not a hadith that says the best time to make dua is on a Friday , between Asr and Maghrib? I'm sure someone told me this they showed me the proof aswell. and every Friday I have been making lots of dua for the last few weeks. Apparentley the best time is roughly an hour before Maghrib salat, think the hadeeth said who ever makes dua on a friday Allah (swt) will not reject his dua???

Woodrow
07-21-2011, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by adz89
I'm not sure if I'm correct or not, but is there not a hadith that says the best time to make dua is on a Friday , between Asr and Maghrib? I'm sure someone told me this they showed me the proof aswell. and every Friday I have been making lots of dua for the last few weeks. Apparentley the best time is roughly an hour before Maghrib salat, think the hadeeth said who ever makes dua on a friday Allah (swt) will not reject his dua???

Here there is some confusion among many people between Salah and Dua. The prohibited times are for Salah.

I have not seen any restriction for times to say Duas

It is confusing to non-Arabic speaking Muslims as both are translated into English as prayer. I feel better ENGLISH translations would be:

Salah--Worship Service, Mass or Church

Dua--Prayer

The Ahadith speak of prohibited times for SALAH

Just my opinion but I think this prohibition to prevent us from combining our Salahs. I may be wrong but I can not find any time of day restrictions for Duas

:wa:

adz89
07-21-2011, 03:07 PM
so you're saying that it is wrong for me to read the two naffal prayer (optional prayer) then make dua, on a friday between the Asr and Maghrib Salah?

Woodrow
07-21-2011, 03:31 PM
so you're saying that it is wrong for me to read the two naffal prayer (optional prayer) then make dua, on a friday between the Asr and Maghrib Salah?
:wa:

Just the opposite. I can not find any restriction in regards to the Naffel or Dua.

The Restriction seems to be related to the Obligatory Salah only. However I could be wrong, I just have not found any restrictions for prayer times except in regards to the 5 Salah

Ramadhan
07-21-2011, 05:20 PM

A sincere du'a is not rejected by Allah. It may not materialize right away or materialize in the way we expect them to be, but it may come in much better way or will be kept as to help tip the balance of our deeds during qiyamah.
However, based on ahadeeth, there are indeed some special times/situations/location where it is mustahhab (superior) to make du'a. On top of my head:

1. When it rains.
2. during prostration in shalah
3. during sitting between two sujood, in the rakaat before last (so for shalah dhuhur, that would be during sitting in the third rakaah)
4. during and/or after shalah layl (night shalah, two third of the night)
5. There is also special time on friday, some scholars believe it is when the khatib just sit down right before friday sermon and some believe -as you do- after shalah asr.
6. when you are oppressed
7. du'a of mother for her children
8. in rawdah - the area between prophet SAW house and his mimbar, or now between his grave in the mimbar in masjid nabawwi
9. inside hijr ismail in ka'bah
10. right before breaking the fast and during breaking the fast
etc.

also don't forget, when making du'a to observe the adab for dua:
1. in the state of wudoo
2. wearing clean clothes free from all najis
3. praise the beautiful names of Allah
4. send salam and salawat to prophet Muhammad SAW
5. read al fatihah and/or other powerful surah/ayah
6. etc.

Also sincerity is very important. Really mean it in your du'a, cry if you must. pour your heart out.

AabiruSabeel
07-22-2011, 08:05 PM

Sorry for the confusion. Dua can be done anytime. But there are restrictions regarding Salah, as already mentioned in the previous posts.

You can make Dua after Asr, but offering Nafl (voluntary prayers [Salah]) is not allowed between Asr and Maghrib. Pls see Posts #3 and #4 above for details.

Jalal~
07-23-2011, 12:31 AM
what about repenting? some people do two rakah repenting; so we cant do that between asr and magrib either?

Ali Mujahidin
07-23-2011, 02:26 AM

From what I was taught, the prohibition against performing solah after sunrise, at noon and before sunset is to avoid following the practice of people who worship the sun. WaLLahu aklam.

Dagless
07-23-2011, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
You can make Dua after Asr, but offering Nafl (voluntary prayers [Salah]) is not allowed between Asr and Maghrib. Pls see Posts #3 and #4 above for details.
I read the exception to this is prayers which have a purpose at that time (like entering a mosque, wudu, funeral prayers, etc).

edit: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/82709 and http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/306

JOHNJOHN
07-29-2011, 05:47 PM
PEACE

Some of you are saying that there are periodes of time that is forbideen to worship Allah ?

Who forbide to worship god only the devil, I do not really what you are trying to explain if you say that Allah create us only to worship him and in another side we can not worship him in certain time of the day.

I found it not logical :hmm:

Peace.

Dagless
07-29-2011, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JOHNJOHN
PEACE

Some of you are saying that there are periodes of time that is forbideen to worship Allah ?

Who forbide to worship god only the devil, I do not really what you are trying to explain if you say that Allah create us only to worship him and in another side we can not worship him in certain time of the day.

I found it not logical :hmm:

Peace.
The salat is done in a set way at a set time. In the same way there are times when you cannot do salat. However, that doesn't mean you cannot worship God. You can worship/pray in different ways; just not salat.

Yanal
08-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Asalam alaikum,

There are a few specifications on when there are forbidden times to pray,insha'Allaah the following article will guide you.

Praise be to Allaah. There are times when it is forbidden to pray. They are as follows: From dawn until sunriseFrom sunrise until the sun has risen to the height of a spear above the horizon; nowadays this is regarded as equivalent to twelve minutes after sunrise, but to be on the safe side one should make it a quarter of an hour.When the sun is overhead at noon, until it has passed its zenith From ‘Asr prayer until sunsetWhen the sun starts to set until it is completely set These times may be summed up more briefly as follows: From dawn until the sun has risen to the height of a spearWhen it is directly overhead at noon until it has passed its zenithFrom ‘Asr prayer until the sun has set completely. When we say from dawn, we mean that one should not offer voluntary prayers after the adhaan of Fajr except the Sunnah of Fajr. This is the view of the Hanbalis. The Shaafa’is are of the view that the prohibition has to do with Fajr prayer itself, so it is not forbidden to offer voluntary prayers between the adhaan and iqaamah, rather it is forbidden to offer voluntary prayers after offering the obligatory prayer of Fajr. This is the more correct view, but one should not offer any voluntary prayer after dawn apart from the two Sunnah rak’ahs of Fajr, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) only prayed two brief rak’ahs after dawn had broken. See al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 4/160.
This is indicated by the report narrated by al-Bukhaari (547) and Muslim (1367) from Ibn ‘Abbaas, who said: Some trustworthy men bore witness in my presence, the most trustworthy of whom in my view was ‘Umar, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade praying after Fajr until the sun had risen and after ‘Asr until the sun had set.”
Al-Bukhaari (548) and Muslim (1371) narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the top edge of the sun has risen, then delay praying until it has risen above the horizon, and when the lower part of the sun has set, delay praying until it is fully set.” Al-Bukhaari (551) narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “There is no prayer after Fajr until the sun has risen fully, and no prayer after ‘Asr until the sun has set.” Muslim (1373) narrated that ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Aamir al-Juhani said: “There are three times at which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade us to pray or to bury our dead: when the sun has clearly started to rise until it is fully risen, when it is directly overhead at midday until it has passed its zenith, and when the sun starts to set until it has fully set.” And Allaah knows best.
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/48998

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!