/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is the Taliban/Islamic Leadership in general against modern day technology and scient

truthseeker63
07-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Is the Taliban/Islamic Leadership in general against modern day technology and scientific progress ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0bFN7Plt2M

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truthseeker63
07-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Does anyone know thank you ?

GuestFellow
07-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Salaam,

Sorry I cannot hear him because may laptop is diseased. I may have to watch it on my PS3.

As for Anjem Choudary, I do agree with him on many issues but I wish him and his followers were not too intimidating and avoid being too judgemental.

SFatima
07-04-2011, 07:39 PM
From what i know , they are not, not at all actually. They are quite in favour of hospitals , schools, universities, science & tech and etc. One must know though that the taliban movement has taken a lot of time, effort and re-adjusments to even have come so far at this. And those adjustments are still going on, for the better InshAllah, as more and more learned and educated people are joining them ,their tolerance has been increasing and they have been firm in condemning terrorism any where in the world.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truthseeker63
07-04-2011, 10:56 PM
I have read that the Taliban banned or outlawed tv or television and computers is this true I just want the context as to why this was done because my understanding is that Muslims have invented things therefor Islam is not saying we must live in the 7th centruy is this correct or right I also respect and admire Anjem Choudary is the context that Afghanistan is tribal and made up of tribes and feared western influence with the use of technology ?

Taliban slowly adopting modern technology Written by Scott Taylor Sunday, 24 June 2007 19:00 0diggsdigg

LAST TUESDAY, the Taliban made public a videotape of what was reportedly a graduation ceremony for a new class of suicide bombers. The footage showed a couple of dozen masked "graduates" wearing black turbans and waving little white flags.
Addressing the graduating class of '07 was Mansoor Dadullah, the brother of recently slain Taliban military commander Mullah Dadullah. Brandishing a Kalashnikov assault rifle, Principal Mansoor urged the would-be suicide bombers to spread terror outside of Afghanistan and to target western countries, including Canada.
It was last year at about this same time that the Taliban issued a similar statement claiming they had trained some 300 suicide bombers who were prepared to wreak havoc on the foreign coalition troops occupying Afghanistan. What made this year's annual graduation ceremony more newsworthy was that the Taliban seemed to have discovered the magical magnetic power of video to the western media. Not to be confused with Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network, the Taliban is a religious movement that preaches an extreme version of Islam. Until now, the senior Taliban mullahs have shunned modern inventions and technology, believing such progress to be inspired by evil. According to Kathy Gannon, the author of the bestseller I is for Islam, at the time of the U.S. intervention in Afghanistan in 2001, the Taliban possessed only one computer in Kandahar. Apparently it sat unopened in its packaging in the office of Taliban founder Mullah Omar because he was afraid to open it. In another anecdote related by a diplomat who met with Taliban officials in Kabul, the mullahs were afraid to sit down to dinner. They thought that the tables and chairs were western-inspired comforts and therefore to be avoided.
It seems that someone in the Taliban organization, perhaps with the assistance of their worldlier al-Qaida allies, has twigged to the importance of television images in spreading fear via the western media. It doesn't have to be a logical threat; it just has to look menacing, and mentioning countries by name as specific targets guarantees coverage. I mean, let's get real for a minute - a graduation ceremony from suicide bomber school? What sort of courses do they teach and to whom do they submit their diplomas? Do they start off using small amounts of explosives and just blow off a limb or write a detailed thesis on the merits of electric detonators versus toggle igniters?
Another message conveyed by Principal Mansoor in his graduation address was that some of these "pupils" were in fact foreign students who had come from western countries (like Canada) to take this training in Afghanistan. If this statement is true, then we can all breath a sigh of relief knowing the Taliban is attracting morons into their ranks. If indeed an Islamic extremist was residing in a western country plotting mischief, travelling to the Kandahar region would certainly red-flag them to every intelligence agency involved in the war against terrorism.
What made the copycat homegrown terror attacks in London and Madrid successful was that the perpetrators were already in location. It was Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day who quickly pointed out the obvious fact that the graduates of the Kandahar suicide bomber school would still have to negotiate the elaborate security measures already in place before they could ever carry out an attack on Canadian soil.
Such international travel requires visas and passports and the battery of X-ray machines and security checks at a multitude of airports before they could ever get to Canada.
However, if Canadians were left with the impression that dozens of masked suicide bombers are heading our way in droves, they can be forgiven. That was the Taliban's intention, and our media obligingly helped them achieve their goal.

http://www.espritdecorps.ca/index.ph...stan&Itemid=83

Overview

The Taliban initially enjoyed goodwill from Afghans weary of the warlords' corruption, brutality, and incessant fighting.[108] However, this popularity was not universal, particularly among non-Pashtuns.
The Taliban's extremely strict and anti-modern ideology has been described as an "innovative form of sharia combining Pashtun tribal codes,"[109] or Pashtunwali, with radical Deobandi interpretations of Islam favored by JUI and its splinter groups. Also contributing to the mix was the jihadism and pan-Islamism of Osama bin Laden.[110] Their ideology was a departure from the Islamism of the anti-Soviet mujahideen rulers they replaced who tended to be mystical Sufis, traditionalists, or radical Islamicists inspired by the Muslim Brotherhood (Ikhwan).[111]
Under the Taliban regime, Sharia law was interpreted to forbid a wide variety of previously lawful activities in Afghanistan. One Taliban list of prohibitions included: pork, pig, pig oil, anything made from human hair, satellite dishes, cinematography, and equipment that produces the joy of music, pool tables, chess, masks, alcohol, tapes, computers, VCRs, television, anything that propagates sex and is full of music, wine, lobster, nail polish, firecrackers, statues, sewing catalogs, pictures, Christmas cards.[112] They also got rid of employment, education, and sports for all women, dancing, clapping during sports events, kite flying, and characterizations of living things, no matter if they were drawings, paintings, photographs, stuffed animals, or dolls. Men had to have a fist size beard at the bottom of their chin. Conversely, they had to wear their head hair short. Men had to wear a head covering.[113]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban

Word for Word/www.taliban.com; Allah Is Good. Technology Is Bad. Visit Our Web Site.

By JOE SHARKEY
Published: October 25, 1998

THE Taliban hard-liners who rule most of Afghanistan are arguably the world's most vociferous enemies of modern technology. When they aren't busy enforcing the rules that prohibit females from leaving their homes unveiled or unaccompanied by a close male relative, the Taliban religious police roam neighborhoods searching for radios, TV's, VCR's, phonographs, satellite dishes or computers, which are promptly destroyed while the owners are arrested.
What a surprise, then, to go on line, type in ''www.taliban.com'' and witness what spills forth: Taliban Online, a profusion of graphics and text (in awkward English) employing the most modern communications tool -- the Internet -- to extol the virtues and triumphs of the least modern of regimes. Here are excerpts from the site, which appears to originate in Pakistan and is evidently designed for external use only. JOE SHARKEY
Among Taliban Online features are news summaries from the pages of the unofficial Taliban weekly newspaper, Dharb-i-Mumin, which chronicles efforts to enforce sharia, or Islamic law, in Afghanistan. Some recent items:
Drive of Kandahar Police Against Antisocial Elements: The Kandahar police, in a drive against antisocial elements yesterday, rounded up different criminals from around the city. They arrested a man and seized . . . 240 song cassettes and packs of playing cards from his possessions. All the things were then set on fire while the culprit was handed over to the police. Oct. 4
Televisions Seized and Smashed in Kabul: [The religious police] have started their country-wide campaign of destroying televisions, VCR's, satellite dishes, etc. . . . On Tuesday, here in Kabul, hundreds of television sets and other instruments of immoral pastimes were seized from markets and work places and then destroyed. These means of corruption were, in some places, even thrown out of the windows of high buildings to smash on the streets below. A source revealed that the campaign will be carried on with the same fervor and zeal till the complete destruction of these instruments of moral depravity. Aug. 9
Kabul: 16 Punished for Trimming Beard: [The religious police] arrested 16 people in raids on different parts of the city, on the charge of having their beard trimmed to less than the required length. Two taxi drivers were also arrested for taking unattended, unveiled women as passengers. Aug. 2

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/10/25/we...te.html?src=pm

Note: During the reign of the Taliban, Afghan people were expressly forbidden from watching television or listening to the radio. It was (and is) seen by Salafi Islamic people as Satanic and un-Islamic.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7112820AAE0162

Amigo
07-04-2011, 11:29 PM
I don't think they are against technology, modern day technology, or science in general. I believe they are against (in their way/understanding) the corruptions that use technology as medium and propagate quickly and easly.

Dagless
07-05-2011, 12:17 AM
I thought Anjum answered that question ok.

truthseeker63
07-05-2011, 12:20 AM
True he did.

truthseeker63
07-05-2011, 05:24 AM
What does everyone else think ?

truthseeker63
07-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Does anyone else have any opinions ?

May Ayob
07-05-2011, 10:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
Does anyone else have any opinions ?

Salaam

Yes , If I may then please allow me to :)

I think you should seperate between Islam and the Muslim Leaders, Whether the Taliban or any other Islamic Organization supports scientific research or not , then that should not be your reference to Islam and its teachings.
In
In Islam a Muslim is highly encouraged to seek Knowledge and Science is a significant branch of Knowledge (My Favorite I love science!) and also Technology(I don't like very much but that irrelevant to your question)
Anyway,Islam is one of the most religions that encouraged it's followers to follow up with the latest types of Knowledge( what ever it may be) but with regards to Islamic Boundaries For example I don't think The cell embryo planting thing that came out in 2009 is very Islamic if not Islamic at all. But anything else that is not against the essential teaching of Islam I don't think that there is any problem with that.

This is of my short knowledge ..And God knows best
I hope it helps

Salaam

truthseeker63
07-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Does anyone think they had good reasons to ban tv since tv has many unIslamic stuff on tv ?

May Ayob
07-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Does anyone think they had good reasons to ban tv since tv has many unIslamic stuff on tv ?

Salaam

They banned tv? Reminds me of a story my mother narrated to me about her friend, she married this brother and he is "very" religous to the extent that he totally banned her from watching anything on tv anything at all .. The marriage ended with a divorce I am not sure if that was a reason.

If they banned tv then that is not something that Islam really calls for at least for Tv you will be accounted as an indiviual just as there are bad things on T.V there are also good things I think one should be using it in a positive way and always acknowledge Allah's presence and that God is watching over every thing.

Salaam

truthseeker63
07-06-2011, 01:12 AM
Thank You does anyone else have any views on this subject ?

Ramadhan
07-06-2011, 02:38 AM
I don't know about Taliban, but "taliban" is not equal to "Islamic leaderships in general".
And islamic leaderships, if they are based on Qur'an and sunnah, certainly is not against modern day technology and science (In fact, it is the opposite: there are Qur'an verses and ahadith that say knowledge is much better than ignorance and people with knowledge are preferrable than ignoramus and that it is fardh ain to seek knowledge).
Also, when islamic leaderships and the society were based on qur'an and sunnah, technology and science flourished like never before, eg. Baghdad between 9th and 12th century before the mongol invasion. Sure, their science is now ancient, but at that time, the science and technological inventions that flourished in Baghdad was so advanced and can be compared to anything produced by today's cambridge/mass., silicon valley and most advanced theoretical physics coming out from Princeton or CERN, combined.

Contrast this to other any other societies who needed to divorce from their religions to advance scientifically, example: christian europe during the dark ages who were so backward, and was only able to advance during renaissance period when they de-coupled christianity from every day life.

truthseeker63
07-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Thank You for all your answers.

truthseeker63
07-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Does anyone else know ?

User29123
07-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Is the Taliban/Islamic Leadership in general against modern day technology and scientific progress ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0bFN7Plt2M

Well my first question to you is have you got proof Taliban exist?

I think America has just put a name for these guys and shown them evil yet we only hear this on mainstream TV.

Taliban are people defending their country because they know what's going in their country stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyDcYDLJycg

truthseeker63
07-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Is anyone here a expert on Afghanistan and Technology I know Afghanistan has many Tribes and has been attacked many times by the British the Soviets and the Americans is this correct speaking for myself I don't know much about the Taliban but would like to know why they banned tv radios or computers I do think Technology can be bad but I think Technology can be good if not for Computers I would know nothing about Islam ?

SFatima
07-07-2011, 11:33 AM
One reason for the ban ( if it is there) could be that all this technology, computers and etc can be very easily used to track them down and since they have invaders in their country who use very sensitive high tech stuff and can utilize that information to a great benefit against the local people of afghanistan, it makes it naive Not to ban them. I see no other reason for the ban, and i'm not even sure if there is a ban because they (taliban) have their news agency, media and websites, who said it was all banned?

Starrynight
07-07-2011, 12:58 PM
It is my understanding that the Islamic Leadership that follows the Qur'an encourage technology and science because 1) Recent scientific discoveries are sometimes found to have been mentioned in the Qur'an (so exciting!) and 2) We are supposed to educate ourselves and always strive to be better. Technology and science permit this.
The Taliban, on the other hand, which I do not associate with Islamic Leadership at all, have had a reputation of attempting to close down school, and keep women from attending. This is to keep the populations uneducated, so I don't think scientific or technological advancements are important to them.

ardianto
07-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Is anyone here a expert on Afghanistan and Technology I know Afghanistan has many Tribes and has been attacked many times by the British the Soviets and the Americans is this correct speaking for myself I don't know much about the Taliban but would like to know why they banned tv radios or computers I do think Technology can be bad but I think Technology can be good if not for Computers I would know nothing about Islam ?
Television.
Taliban regime ban TV, but might be that because TV is considered as stuffs that unnecessary. Different than Salafi, Taliban do/did not forbid photos of human, even they do/did not forbid videos.

Radio.
It's not true if Taliban regime ban radios. They had one or might be several radio stations, but all programs in their radio(s) were Qur'an recitation only.

Computer.
I don't know why Taliban regime ban computer and internet for people. But from some reliable sources, I heard Mulah Omar had computer and internet connection in his room as his 'link to outer world'

Basically Taliban do/did not forbid technologies. Their fighters use modern weapon but they never wear military uniform like soldiers in other places because military uniform like this is considered haram by Taliban.

Hamza Asadullah
07-07-2011, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Starrynight
The Taliban, on the other hand, which I do not associate with Islamic Leadership at all, have had a reputation of attempting to close down school, and keep women from attending. This is to keep the populations uneducated, so I don't think scientific or technological advancements are important to them.
Your statement is exactly how the mainstream western media want to portray the Taliban as being some blood thirsty backward animals, however the reality is very different indeed. There is no doubt that the Taliban use the latest technology.

Those in the media are very good at manipulating the wider population to believe whatever they want them to believe.

Therefore we should never believe everything that comes out of the media before doing proper research for ourselves in order to assertain the "facts" particularly when it comes to Islam and Muslims.

The truth is that the Taliban are pro education and are NOTHING like how the media portrays them to be.

Watch this short clip confirming the Taliban are nothing like how the media portray them to be and are actually pro education:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_F29...mbedded#at=402

The media is full of dirty tricks and lies. Just look at the latest huge case in the UK where the media run by Rupert Murdoch were known to have hacked the phones of dead soldiers families as well as hacking into a dead 13 year old girls phone messages. Ruperts finally been caught out.

There is NO doubt who the real terrorists are. The media is their biggest weapon.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Mr.President
07-07-2011, 02:19 PM
It is my understanding that the Islamic Leadership that follows the Qur'an encourage technology and science because 1) Recent scientific discoveries are sometimes found to have been mentioned in the Qur'an (so exciting!) and 2) We are supposed to educate ourselves and always strive to be better. Technology and science permit this.

you believe what these BBC CNN and mainstream western media lunatics ???

Starrynight
07-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Hm... interesting. Yes, the media can be quiet awful in their portrayals. But I do not believe that all in the Taliban are good. Read Three Cups of Tea. Several of the schools that have been built were destroyed by Taliban. Perhaps they are not the main Taliban? A rouge group?
But Osama Bin Laden who was one of the Taliban leaders was an evil man who believed in killing and some of his people forced women to cover up and stay indoors. When I say cover up, I mean at least a hijab. That should be a choice between a woman and God. Maybe some of the Taliban push for education, but there are also those who have pushed against it.

Ramadhan
07-07-2011, 02:40 PM
I would refrain from speaking without knowledge. Where did you get the information that the afghani taliban closed down schools to keep the population uneducated?

Starrynight
07-07-2011, 02:50 PM
^ I cited above the book "Three Cups of Tea" written by a journalist who worked with a group trying to open schools, who had come into contact with the Taliban. Please do not imply that I do not have knowledge.

The other more respectful comments sparked my interest though. I will do some more research into the Taliban and see if there is separation between the violent group and the main group. I will also look into the different ideologies of the leaders and a variety of news sources. Thanks guys :) I think I found my next "misunderstood" group to do an article on.

Dagless
07-07-2011, 03:11 PM
But Osama Bin Laden who was one of the Taliban leaders was an evil man who believed in killing and some of his people forced women to cover up and stay indoors.
He was an Al-Qaeda leader. As far as I know the Taliban and Al-Qaeda are allies but separate groups.

Hamza Asadullah
07-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Hm... interesting. Yes, the media can be quiet awful in their portrayals. But I do not believe that all in the Taliban are good. Read Three Cups of Tea. Several of the schools that have been built were destroyed by Taliban. Perhaps they are not the main Taliban? A rouge group?
But Osama Bin Laden who was one of the Taliban leaders was an evil man who believed in killing and some of his people forced women to cover up and stay indoors. When I say cover up, I mean at least a hijab. That should be a choice between a woman and God. Maybe some of the Taliban push for education, but there are also those who have pushed against it.
Asalaamu Alaikum, sis theres good and bad everywhere. There will never be 100% of any group being "perfect" as there is no such thing. What one has to look at are a groups values, morals and what they stand for.

There is no doubt that the Taliban are just a group of normal Muslims who have been put into the situation of having to defend their land time and time again by various regimes wanting to capture Afghanistan for its "strategic location". Look into the history for yourself as history always reveals all.

History also confirms how the US actually equipped the Taliban themselves to destroy the Soviets and then turned against them when it suited them. The US also equipped Sadam to gas the Kurds as well as starting a war with Iran.

If you want to know who Osama really was then will you let secular journalists give you an accurate picture? There is NO doubt that Osama confirmed he had nothing to do with those attacks but those wanting to achieve their agenda needed to link him to it in order to attack Afghanistan because of its "strategic location":

Osama confirms he had nothing to do with the attacks of 911

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/1...nladen.denial/

How many times was it proven that most of those videos of Osama were fake and done by computer as well as the one where he was "supposedly" watching TV in his room in Pakistan.

They did not hesitate in showing Saddams capture and execution but when asked to provide evidence of Osama's capture and execution they make lame excuses not to do so simply because this event never happened.

One thing we have to realise is that nothing is what it seems on the surface but to get to the truth you have to look beneath the surface. We all want to live in an ideal world but there is no such thing.

There are many out there with many hidden agendas and they will stop at nothing in order to achieve their agendas. The Muslims are on such group who are certainly in the way of those people achieving their agendas.

They may plot and plan but Allah is the best of all planners.

Maryan0
07-07-2011, 04:54 PM
^ I cited above the book "Three Cups of Tea" written by a journalist who worked with a group trying to open schools, who had come into contact with the Taliban. Please do not imply that I do not have knowledge.
I think the author was accused of lying about many of the incidences that took place in the book. There was a segment on it on 60 minutes. This is not to say that there are no bad people in the Taliban.
Salam

SFatima
07-07-2011, 08:16 PM
:) I laughed so hard after reading this post, sorry couldn't help. If this is what the media is projecting about taliban and alqaeda, mixing the two up and making all these people sound like some cruel blood thirsty war mongers, I am truly astounded.

Does anyone know what taliban means? Ok I'll just give a small back ground. Taliban means "students" and there were some nice group of students who started a movement for the spread of knowledge of Islam in Afghanistan since it was ruled by the brutal un-islamic but afghan war lords( who had little to do with religion and were very corrupt people). As long as the War lords assumed control of Afghanistan, the west was pretty fine with them, even though they were the most In-human barbaric people of that region, but they had power. Power how? Power= drug fields= big world market for narcotics, US included, everyone was happy.

Taliban came and destroyed the drug fields, the Narcotics business was at stake ( its multi billionaire plus plus) and didn't want to settle for any deals with the Us for drugs. All hell broke loose, everyone knows what happened. Now, Drug fields born , flourishing again, taliban been side-lined and portrayed as the terror symbols which in fact they are not, but uncle sam needs them to be, to push their agenda back home and all over the world to maintain their hold on the region. Taliban openly announces that it wants to engage in peaceful deals with the US, The Us stages a drama of mis-trust, because they don't want a deal, they don't want to go, and they wont publicize a word of it in their media, but we know whats happening. Afghan innocent people and children are dying, for a war they didn't know who started and why.

The taliban supporters are growing everyday and about half of Afghanistan is still under their control, you cant force people to support a movement that they have seen ,and means well for them, and sincerely works for them.

And Americans think that taliban are the most brutal people on this planet and must need to get rid of.

AlQ? Are you talking about the puppet organization made by CIA themselves? taliban and Alq are not allies, taliban openly declare they have nothing to do with them, why? because Alq has suspicious motives which always seem to kill more muslims every other day than anyone else. Everybody knows US supports Alq in Iran, Middle East and Afghanistan, if all common people know that, then everybody knows that.

Do you know that 95% of the people who have died all over the world, supposedly because of ALQ, are all Muslims? Then what the hell are these Americans so scared of? There is one thing though they should be suspicious of and that is their govt. and its motives, which is completely controlled by Zionists, sorry but thats the truth. I wish I could prove it you, but I wont have to, you will see it for yourself one day, all truth comes out one day, you can only keep a secret for so long, just keep your eyes open. If you'd read the end of times hadiths, you'll understand.

peace.

SFatima
07-07-2011, 08:31 PM
And for the record, Its not taliban who are against the schools, its the nothern Alliance called the Drug/war lords, they have made a fortune by selling drugs, and the whole world wants business with them, its them who blow up schools, because they don't want children to get education, because if people get education they will know the difference between right and wrong, and hence they wont be easily brain washed as they always were. Taliban have always condemned all such destructions, and the western media cleverly names taliban as the perpetrators.

You probably haven't heard Yvonne Ridley's videos , the ex-bbc correspondent ( who hated muslims, was a feminist), who specifically went to afghanistan to get a juicy story out for the western media Against the taliban, and Alhamdulilah embraced Islam on her way back, even though she was captured by them .(sadly she was dropped from bbc as she had embraced Islam, a huge disappointment for the bbc, just google her lectures and interviews)

Taliban is in full support of schools, hospitals, modern facilities, universities, everything, and on the principles of Islam. Don't believe what they write and propagate about them. They could have had a few mice in between them, but they've long been taken care of. And yes, taliban may not treat unjust cruel people very well, who have sat on people's properties, raped women for long without being questioned, and enjoyed being corrupt , barbaric and un-islamic for the longest time.

SFatima
07-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Also sister, you probably have very little idea what life is like in this part of the world, Afghanistan is a very poor country, along with most of pakistan. Women couldn't stay indoors even if they wanted to, they have to work to make both ends meet, whether they are the farmer's wives or the milk man's or the business man's. And if they are at home, they choose to stay home. There could be cases where men wouldn't allow it, but that is because they know that the women don't want to work either or don't need to. There are some unfortunate mishaps regarding women, but they are in very far flung areas where there is no reach of education or any civic amenities. And why things are like that, because we have corrupt puppet regimes controlled by the Us, there is no implementation of islamic laws in these countries, 'cause the west wont let it be.( not really blaming the west, it is very much the wish of our corrupt regimes too)

They've recently started the shariah' scare in US so that people become so scared of Islam, nobody can even think of coming near it. Just think, why so much opposition and propaganda, about one of the poorest religion of the world? what possibly can a poor country like Afghanistan or Pakistan do to harm the G 8 or G 20 countries for instance? when their economy is entirely dependent on other countries.

And I don't understand how people in the west talk about freedom of women when our women have more freedom than any standard. Just because they choose to cover up doesn't diminish their freedom or self respect, an islamic society does not accept showing of skin/beauty as empowerment. Empowerment is when women have their rights and are not sexually objectified. I am not blaming the western women, but they just have no idea what the culture is like here in this part of the world.

truthseeker63
07-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Thank You to all for your answers Im just trying to understand.

GuestFellow
07-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Salaam,

@ SFatima

You mentioned a lot in your last 3 posts. Can you present the evidence for it? I would find it useful, especially for the first response to sister Starrynight.

truthseeker63
07-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Please reply to this thread with your view if you want thank you.

Starrynight
07-07-2011, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Asalaamu Alaikum, sis theres good and bad everywhere. There will never be 100% of any group being "perfect" as there is no such thing. What one has to look at are a groups values, morals and what they stand for.

There is no doubt that the Taliban are just a group of normal Muslims who have been put into the situation of having to defend their land time and time again by various regimes wanting to capture Afghanistan for its "strategic location". Look into the history for yourself as history always reveals all.

History also confirms how the US actually equipped the Taliban themselves to destroy the Soviets and then turned against them when it suited them. The US also equipped Sadam to gas the Kurds as well as starting a war with Iran.

If you want to know who Osama really was then will you let secular journalists give you an accurate picture? There is NO doubt that Osama confirmed he had nothing to do with those attacks but those wanting to achieve their agenda needed to link him to it in order to attack Afghanistan because of its "strategic location":

Osama confirms he had nothing to do with the attacks of 911

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/1...nladen.denial/

How many times was it proven that most of those videos of Osama were fake and done by computer as well as the one where he was "supposedly" watching TV in his room in Pakistan.

They did not hesitate in showing Saddams capture and execution but when asked to provide evidence of Osama's capture and execution they make lame excuses not to do so simply because this event never happened.

One thing we have to realise is that nothing is what it seems on the surface but to get to the truth you have to look beneath the surface. We all want to live in an ideal world but there is no such thing.

There are many out there with many hidden agendas and they will stop at nothing in order to achieve their agendas. The Muslims are on such group who are certainly in the way of those people achieving their agendas.

They may plot and plan but Allah is the best of all planners.
I found your comment very helpful to my understanding the topic further and from a new perspective. Thank you!

truthseeker63
07-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Can technology that the Taliban banned if they did such as tvs vcrs computers radios and the internet also be used to track people during War or any other time I know Afghanistan has been attacked by the British the Soviets and the Americans ?

truthseeker63
07-08-2011, 01:07 AM
Speaking for myself I think the Taliban banning technology can be a good thing since technology can be used to track people during war or not during war ?

truthseeker63
07-08-2011, 02:06 AM
Does anyone think this could be possible ?

SFatima
07-08-2011, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

@ SFatima

You mentioned a lot in your last 3 posts. Can you present the evidence for it? I would find it useful, especially for the first response to sister Starrynight.
I and my forefathers have lived in this region all our lives, and internet is only a decade old phenomenon here. I am unable to locate any material on this online, it might be somewhere but since I don't have to look for it to confirm something, it all happened right infront of our eyes from the soviet invasion, before it and after it, just go ask anyone from Afghanistan, but anyone sensible and not somebody who is a corrupt part of the current puppet govt of Afghanistan. There are a small group of Liberal people in Afghanistan too who want the control in their hands, and they don't want the teachings of Islam to spread, and they side by the govt. which comes into power by rigged elections/corruption,and mostly because it is supported by the Us.

And you have no idea how much of a trouble I could get in for even saying this, which is a well known truth. If you want the world agencies at your back, just talk in support of Taliban. : P people are being kidnapped/killed and targetted even on slight suspicion if they are found to speak truthfully in favour of Taliban. There is a war going on in Afghanistan, and the taliban have no means to broadcast their side of the story. There have been cases that some western media gets in talks with them, and when a time and place is confirmed for meetings, the taliban people are bombed. Tough spot to be in. The video posted by some brother by france tv is one such rare videos which throws light on some truth.

There is also the wiki-leaks documents showing huge prize monies for people who help the Us do anything against the taliban.

Anyone might be wondering why would they be so adamant in waging a war on them. The main reason is the growing support of Islamic movement, which is growing all over he Muslim world. The Zionists and the anti-islamic forces know , and since it is predicted in the hadith, that Islam will rise from the Kharasaan region before the end of times ( which is Afghanistan's old name). The Movement has already started, and though it will be a very long battle, with the apparent weakest of the people against the strongest, but victory will InshAllah be with the Islam, because that is the Plan of Allah swt. The west definitely thinks its Invincible with awesome weaponry and what not, but such is the glory of Allah swt that He will help His people rise and spread and defeat the anti-islamic forces with very little at hands, just the Eeman(faith) in their hearts.

That is why, they have planned for centuries to prevent this from happening, because they don't want islam to rule over the world, they think they will succeed but they will not. The Us has specifically extracted out Quranic text from the education system of Muslim countries, because they don't want the muslim generations to know what hit them. At the end of all this meticulous planning, is satan who gives them high hopes and dreams that they will win and defeat the Army of truth, but they wont be able to InshAllah.

This is a very vast topic and it cannot be described or done justice to in a few paragraphs, one needs to know so much about Islamic history and the be aware of the hadith literature.

And Only Allah swt knows best.

truthseeker63
07-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Is the Taliban banning tv vcrs or computers like the Amish and or Orthodox Jews the Amish and some Jews who are Orthodox or Hasidic do not watch tv use vcrs or computers ?

truthseeker63
07-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Technology can be bad Technology causes Pollution Global Warming and or Climate Change caused by the Industrial Revolution.

Ramadhan
07-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Is the Taliban banning tv vcrs or computers like the Amish and or Orthodox Jews the Amish and some Jews who are Orthodox or Hasidic do not watch tv use vcrs or computers ?
I have no idea about the taliban, but from what I've heard, majority scholars do not have opinions that TV, DVD, computers in itself is haram as long as the content is halal.

Technology can be bad Technology causes Pollution Global Warming and or Climate Change caused by the Industrial Revolution.
Technology is neutral, what causes the negative impacts are the greed and excesses. Islam has rules, if followed correctly, which temper and eliminate the excesses and the greed.

GuestFellow
07-11-2011, 04:53 AM
It can be used for good too.

Starrynight
07-28-2011, 02:02 AM
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionande...127/cover.html
http://www.rawa.org/murder-w.htm
http://www.islamfortoday.com/afghanistanwomen4.htm
http://web.archive.org/web/200803241...c-stories.html
http://web.archive.org/web/200406302...3f88633cc.html

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!