/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with verbal abuse from a parent ?

Amira_Zelda
07-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Salam Alaykom... I have many problems with my mother... she has no patience with me and though I sometimes do not do my chores at home.. her reaction is severely exagerated and she does not know how to discipline me properly... If she wants to tell me that I need to work harder to clean the house.. cant she just communicate this without screaming and cursing at me? I am a victim of verbal abuse... she calls me names like stupid and other bad words... this is not good... it emotionally hurts me..

Everybody in my family expect for my dad i think thinks im being to sensitive...

Is it really being "sensitive" and "delicate" like my mom says.. to get hurt by these words ? Is it normal for a mother to curse her daughter all the time ? I would just rather for her to take away my computer or Ipod.. or television instead of psychologically and emotionally abusing me.

Please help me.. and I would like for you all to make Dua3 for me and my mother ( my mother is not muslim and i am the only muslim at home )

thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!