/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is utube a fitnaa ?

Mr.President
07-06-2011, 06:39 PM
I personally know a borther whose a good student of knowledge and a member of multaqa ahl al hadeeth forum !

He recently closed down his youtube account saying it leads to fitna !

what he says is "I don't say its haram but I won't post vids there cuz by the side of my videos there are songs and half naked women videos are popping up so Its better that I shouldn't link or promote people to go and watch even islamic videos on youtube cuz at first theyll watch islamic stuff then they myt go 4 songs and fitnaaa "

I really dont understand him !!! and I am worried abt him !
imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
07-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Perhaps he can try using Muslimtube instead? I don't know too much about it but might be worth looking into.

May Ayob
07-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Salaam

Anything can be a fitna if used in the wrong way , this is why it is good to be aware that almost anything can be a fitna especially on the internet one must use safe filtered internet and also one must remeber the presence of their Creator and the He is watching over everything

As for youtube.. I wouldn't advise my self or anyone else to make an account in their ..From my observation it's just too much distraction and sometimes unpleasant things pop-up out of the middle of no where..

About the brother I don't know what to say he might have had a bad experience but it's better not to be like me and generalize over everything from one experience.

I hope this helps

Salaam

Mr.President
07-06-2011, 07:48 PM
@ Muhammed

Yea ur idea seems ok will c insha allah I will talk with him !

@May Ayob

Yea I have to agree youtube distract us a lot I also remember when I was wathcing some dawa vids there was a small pop up about
the chorm laptop I clicked and then went further on and ended up listening to songs they've mixed everything with fitnaaa...!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
May Ayob
07-06-2011, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
Yea I have to agree youtube distract us a lot I also remember when I was wathcing some dawa vids there was a small pop up about the chorm laptop I clicked and then went further on and ended up listening to songs they've mixed everything with fitnaaa...!!!

Sometimes its even obscene matter , I think it would be good idea to download the videos from youtube but not watch them there

Salaam

Hamza Asadullah
07-06-2011, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
I personally know a borther whose a good student of knowledge and a member of multaqa ahl al hadeeth forum !

He recently closed down his youtube account saying it leads to fitna !

what he says is "I don't say its haram but I won't post vids there cuz by the side of my videos there are songs and half naked women videos are popping up so Its better that I shouldn't link or promote people to go and watch even islamic videos on youtube cuz at first theyll watch islamic stuff then they myt go 4 songs and fitnaaa "

I really dont understand him !!! and I am worried abt him !
imsad
Asalaamu Alaikum, I think he is absolutley right in what he has done and i agree with his stance fully for surely it is clear that he concern over his imaan and the imaan of others.

There are far better alternatives for Muslims like Islamictube which have all the Islamic lectures etc from youtube but it does not have the fitnah element of Youtube.

Jalal~
07-06-2011, 08:08 PM
:sl:
google chrome has the option to block all images, so whenever i go on youtube, all the pictures are blocked; and i can also choose which websites i can allow pictures, such as Islam QA or Islamic Board; but yea, their are better video websites such as the ones mentioned above by others.

Ramadhan
07-07-2011, 01:31 AM
There's also Islamictube http://www.islamictube.com/

Mr.President
07-07-2011, 02:52 AM
I am also going to change all ma vids 2 islamic tube ! it looks like a good alternative !!

format_quote Originally Posted by islamictube
Limitations
- You may upload videos up to 800 MB (limit set by the server configuration).
- You may upload videos until 150 minutes and 0 seconds have passed (limit set by the server).
- After uploading, you can edit or remove this video at anytime under the "My Videos" link on the bottom of the page.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!