/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 2:286 - Why is a dua in a vers?

new2010
07-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Selam Aleikum,

I've got a question regarding this vers in the quran. This vers is actually a dua, if I unterstood correctly. And the quran is the word of Allah. It confuses me a little. Could you explain me why it is so? Who has did this dua? Allah, angels our prophet sas?

I hope you can help me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
07-07-2011, 04:16 PM
salam,

format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
I've got a question regarding this vers in the quran. This vers is actually a dua, if I unterstood correctly. And the quran is the word of Allah. It confuses me a little.
I am confused by your confusion. What I find a bit strange is that you had to go all the way to Al Baqarah 2:286 to find a dua in the Qur'an?
The opening surah, Al Fatiha, all seven verses of them, is du'a. I'm surprised you did not ask that. And there are many more in the Qur'an, from the du'as of prophets such the beautiful du'a of prophet Jesus (pbuh):
"And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life." (QS. 19:33)

The Qur'an is narration from Allah SWT containing many things eternally beneficial and necessary for us to live according to our fitrah that give us salvation in this world and hereafter. some of them are the du'as taught by Allah SWT, including this du'a which is according to sunnah, a very powerful and most beautiful dua.

"Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people."

May Ayob
07-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Salaam

I am no scholar but I would like to share my understanding of this verse:
I think it means that this Duaa below:
"Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people.
Should be said in the time of afflictions tragedies and trials, Also I think that it is one of the early words or Duas believers before us used in supplication.

I hope this helps, and I hope you get better replies

Salaam

ayesha.ansari
07-11-2011, 10:07 AM
JAZAKALLAH khair . I most often read this Dua this really gives a blessing feeling inside the heart and changes your mood immediately.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
naumankhalid
07-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Assalm-ul-likum to every body,, i am new to this forum, and over viewed,, i want you people say me well com........ ... ... ... ... .... ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!