/* */

PDA

View Full Version : careers for women?

anonymous
07-07-2011, 01:26 AM
:sl:

What would be a good career for a Muslim woman? I am entering University and I planned on going into engineering, but everyone is telling me I will have a very hard time finding work...I want to do something I love, but I want to be able to find work too...and be able to raise my kids properly too.

So, what careers would you suggest? What are you currently studying/work as? Is it difficult to raise children and work too...

Help :(.

JazakAllah Kheir

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-07-2011, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

What would be a good career for a Muslim woman? I am entering University and I planned on going into engineering, but everyone is telling me I will have a very hard time finding work...I want to do something I love, but I want to be able to find work too...and be able to raise my kids properly too.

So, what careers would you suggest? What are you currently studying/work as? Is it difficult to raise children and work too...

JazakAllah Kheir
Asalaamu Alaikum, there is no doubt that it is very difficult for a women to have a career as well as looking after the home and children especially if she has more than one child. You can do fulltime work until you have children and then go into part time.

What i would suggest is teaching. There always a demand for teachers so you will be able to find work without a problem. The benefits teachers get are also good and most of all it is really fulfilling and has a lot of job satisfaction which is just as important as monetary benefits as you really feel you are making a difference to the lives of your pupils. However you should stick to teaching in either same sex schools or teaching younger children.

Look more into teaching. Do research. Talk to careers advisors and ask teachers themselves particularly practising Muslim sisters who are teachers.

Ask of Allah to do what is best for you and out your trust in him.

And Allah knows best in all matters

GuestFellow
07-09-2011, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

JazakAllah Kheir
:wa:

I'm not sure what career would be suitable for you.

https://nextstep.direct.gov.uk/plann...s/default.aspx

^ Take this test. It may help you.

Yanal
07-10-2011, 12:04 AM

I believe you should follow your heart,and mind. Whatever works for your family and yourself will be best suitable for you.Only you and Allaah know what circumstance you are exactly in,look for the correct opportunity, at the correct time and insha'Allaah Allaah will make it easier for you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
07-10-2011, 12:27 AM
It would be helpful to list your skills, qualifications and interests.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!