/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia few questions...

User29123
07-07-2011, 10:27 AM
السلام عليكم

I just want to know these few questions about Saudi.

First it is based on a Monarchy system, is this even allowed in Islam? Is this part of Shari ah,

Second women can't drive is this their country law or Islamic law?

Third, I hear the Saudi Kingdom family is corrupt, true? ( of course corruption is every where but just want to know)

and Last, is it good place to live in?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Starrynight
07-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Hm... I've got an American friend who lived there. She lived with her husbands family and that was great, but the countries laws can be very strict towards women and she has daughters so it really bothered her. As a result, the family moved back to the states. I could totally be wrong, but it has been my impression from the Saudi students I have met is that it is very safe so if you are a guy, an enjoyable place. But there are many rules for women so many western women find it difficult to adjust.
The people that I have met from there are some of the kindest and most interesting people I have ever met. So I think the thing people have to adjust to are the strict governmental laws (and nothing to do with the kind people).
As for the driving thing, I'm sure that is simply country law because the other Middle Eastern countries allow women to drive.

User29123
08-27-2011, 02:08 AM
Sorry to bring this back up, but would someone give me recommendation on Good Muslim countries, I am not liking the west any more I think after uni and few years work I would like to be in Muslim country...And I think when I am 25 or 23 The Saudi laws would be changed :D

Salahudeen
08-27-2011, 04:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
Sorry to bring this back up, but would someone give me recommendation on Good Muslim countries, I am not liking the west any more I think after uni and few years work I would like to be in Muslim country...And I think when I am 25 or 23 The Saudi laws would be changed :D
I can't think of anywhere, I know people who moved to Qatar and like it. What about Dubai?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
User29123
08-27-2011, 01:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I can't think of anywhere, I know people who moved to Qatar and like it. What about Dubai?
Hmmm never thought of Qatar could look into it thought, Dubai would be good buts it's becoming very Western style...

Salahudeen
08-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Hmmm never thought of Qatar could look into it thought, Dubai would be good buts it's becoming very Western style...
That's the problem bro a lot of them becoming western style, Saudi even has its problems I heard with vices.

User29123
08-27-2011, 08:06 PM
That's the problem bro a lot of them becoming western style, Saudi even has its problems I heard with vices.
Yeah but at least you get to read or dress like a Muslim without "dirty looks" at least you can hear the Azaan 5 times a day....

Just_A_Girl13
08-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Salaam,

I'd like to live in a Muslim country too. I think I'd really like hearing the azaan five times a day :statisfie Anyway, what about Algeria? My brothers and everyone in their family have all lived there (some of them for their entire lives), and most of them would never want to live anywhere else. However, I've never been there myself, so I don't know much about their government. I'd like to visit there soon, inshallah.

Peace

User29123
08-27-2011, 08:55 PM
I think when I'm ready it should be Saudi/Dubai/Qatar, or some other Arabic Middle east country providing US don't start any more WARS with our Islamic Countries...But I think Saudi might be good for me....

NobleMuslimUK
08-28-2011, 02:35 AM
I think the reason Saudi bans women driving, in general it causes more fitna. If a woman was to be stranded or have an accident or some sort of car trouble most likely a male would come to her aid, maybe they take these and other such situations into consideration for the reason to ban women from driving. They dont want to allow an open door for fitna before it gets out of hand. It definitely is a very secure place and sharia law dominates the country, Alhamdulillah.

noorseeker
08-28-2011, 02:39 AM
The west want it to be more liberal

But im glad Saudi Arabia dont budge on that

now now, you dont wana upset someone you trade with,:hmm:

Abz2000
08-28-2011, 04:22 AM
i wouldn't think cars in themselves are forbidden to women in Islam - as there are numerous hadiths of female comapnions riding camels (the transport of their time), this must be something to do with other concerns like noblemuslimuk mentioned,
regarding moving - the last place i would consider is dubai - the country that welcomed erik prince the mass murderer of Muslims, a few months ago to train mercenaries who would train others, with mercenaries causing havoc all over the muslim world since.
saudi arabia has killed and tortured people who call for an islamic state.
so i would say the only place where you can say: give me liberty or give me death is Palestine.
that's where it all happens, and that's where we'll need people who can help things change, otherwise you'll soon see the same fate overtake the government of saudi arabia as that of Gaddafi, he joined them in their war on "terror" when they illegally attacked iraq and accused libya of possesing wmd. then they betrayed him. satan will never be satisfied until he has destroyed faith - no matter how pliant they are - so i'd say a time to stand is coming.

User29123
08-28-2011, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
I think the reason Saudi bans women driving, in general it causes more fitna. If a woman was to be stranded or have an accident or some sort of car trouble most likely a male would come to her aid, maybe they take these and other such situations into consideration for the reason to ban women from driving. They dont want to allow an open door for fitna before it gets out of hand. It definitely is a very secure place and sharia law dominates the country, Alhamdulillah.
I heard is was because it was a "Western" brought up thing there is a video on Youtube somewhere, that was a ridiculous excuse. Btw the king did say he would allow women to drive the government got no problem but some Arabs have problems with it....so they are just patient. and abz2000 When did Saudi kill and torture people who call for a Islamic state? It is a Islamic State..!

User29123
08-28-2011, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
i wouldn't think cars in themselves are forbidden to women in Islam - as there are numerous hadiths of female comapnions riding camels (the transport of their time), this must be something to do with other concerns like noblemuslimuk mentioned,
regarding moving - the last place i would consider is dubai - the country that welcomed erik prince the mass murderer of Muslims, a few months ago to train mercenaries who would train others, with mercenaries causing havoc all over the muslim world since.
saudi arabia has killed and tortured people who call for an islamic state.
so i would say the only place where you can say: give me liberty or give me death is Palestine.
that's where it all happens, and that's where we'll need people who can help things change, otherwise you'll soon see the same fate overtake the government of saudi arabia as that of Gaddafi, he joined them in their war on "terror" when they illegally attacked iraq and accused libya of possesing wmd. then they betrayed him. satan will never be satisfied until he has destroyed faith - no matter how pliant they are - so i'd say a time to stand is coming.
Well no Muslim country is helping those Islamic countries in war they are all in it together so where ever you stay your country is killing poeple, your in a country where they are at war! So Saudi and the rest are all doing the same, we can't help it .. we...Just pray to Allah

Salahudeen
08-28-2011, 01:33 PM
But they allow women to be driven around by men I heard, and the male driver is alone with the woman in the car isn't this more fitna?? Don't know if this is true but it's what I was told.

User29123
08-28-2011, 01:49 PM
But they allow women to be driven around by men I heard, and the male driver is alone with the woman in the car isn't this more fitna?? Don't know if this is true but it's what I was told.
I would not count this on fitna, I mean in other countries like Libya, iran dubai etc, when women are driving if they have an accident its pretty obvious someone will come and safe her, I doubt the fitna thing counts, Islam does not say just let the person die, you gotta free them.

User29123
08-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Who from here is from Saudi Arabia? How is it like there? That's the only cool country I could think off.

Abz2000
08-28-2011, 05:03 PM
i'm not from Saudi Arabia but I've been there twice, the people are friendly and easy going, the atmosphere is great, however there is that fear of speaking too loud about certain things, they also have mandatory ID with police checking your passport or ID when you go from one city to another, you also got to hand in your ID when you go to the Internet cafe, it is not an Islamic state as it has issues with wala and barra, allies and enemies (wrong ones) .

Say: Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel
-for he brings down the (revelation) to thy heart by God's will, a confirmation of what went before, and guidance and glad tidings for those who believe,-
Whoever is an enemy to God and His angels and messengers, to Gabriel and Michael,- then (know that) God is an enemy to those who reject Faith.
2:297-298

rather they are friends of the enemies of Islam, who have opposed the Islamic state from the very land which the Prophet and his rightly guided companions gave their lives to bring the people from ignorance to Islam. the land where the prophet dedicated his life to establishing an Islamic state.

the speaker you saw in the video in the post above above saw a crippled man who he thought walked like that from birth, he later found that the security services had done it after he was arrested for calling for an Islamic state, the Saudi government was installed with the help of tfe British government at the time who were actively splitting up the ottoman empire, Which was also not the rightly guided caliphate on the precepts if prophethood.

"Hadhrat Huzaifa narrated that the Messenger of Allah said:
*Prophethood will remain among you as long as Allah wills.
Then Caliphate (Khilafah) on the lines of Prophethood shall commence,
and remain as long as Allah wills.
Then corrupt/erosive monarchy would take place,
and it will remain as long as Allah wills.
After that, tyrant kingship/ military kingdoms would emerge,
Then, the Caliphate (Khilafah) shall come once again based on the precept of *Prophethood."In the above Hadith the first era of Caliphate is commonly accepted by the Muslims as that of the*rightly guided Caliphate.

Recently, Saudi Arabia's interior minister warned the pilgrims that they should not involve politics in Hajj. The current rulers in the Muslim lands are attempting to prevent Muslims from gathering and discussing issues and ideas which are pertinent to the future of the Ummah. Politics which is the act of "taking care of the affairs of the Ummah according to Shar'a rulings" is an integral part of Islam. We must take it upon ourselves to reclaim Islam and discuss the issues affecting the Muslim Ummah in all gatherings.Prior to the commencement of Hajj, Saudi authorities were warning pilgrims not to stage any protests during the ritual. Saudi Arabia's interior minister Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz said, "It is not permitted to undertake any actions which are not part of the ritual... and we will not permit anyone to damage the hajj or the pilgrims."Hajj is an amazing journey where Muslims have an opportunity to strengthen their relationship with Allah سبحانه وتعالى. It is also an event where Muslims from every corner of the earth gather together as one Ummah to strengthen the bonds of brotherhood. Today, the pilgrims are grouped according to the nation states they belong to. Furthermore, Muslims are not given an opportunity to bond with each other, by getting to know one another and discuss our condition as Allah سبحانه وتعالى has revealed:
إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَى وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا"We have created you of a male and a female, and made you tribes and families that you may know each other." [Al-Hujraat, 49:13]
Obstructing the Ummah: Hajj and BeyondThe discouragement of Muslims gathering and discussing the affairs of the Ummah is not only seen at the time of Hajj. Rather, this is a recurring theme throughout the Muslim world. Rulers regularly prevent Muslims from gathering and discussing issues and ideas which are pertinent to the future of the Ummah. Such preventions are usually enforced with great hostility and aggression.

the Prophet gave his most famous public political speech during the Farewell Pilgrimage, near Arafah.

Prior to the twentieth century all of Arabia was part of the Islamic State (the
Ottomani Khilafah). Abdul-Aziz Bin Abdul Rahman Ibn-Saud (the founder of
so-called Saudi Arabia) with some Bedouin bandits rose by the help of British
soldiers against the Islamic state, conspiring to expel the authority of the
Khilafah, and therefore Islam, form that region.

A little like the "rebels" in libya.

Lord Curzon,

Lord Curzon, the British Foreign Minister at the time of the Caliphate's end, appear to have best caught the Caliphate's significance when he announced to the House of Commons:

"The situation now is that Turkey is dead and will never rise again, because we have destroyed its moral strength, the Caliphate and Islam".

"We must put an end to anything which brings about any Islamic unity between the sons of the Muslims. As we have already succeeded in finishing off the Caliphate, so we must ensure that there will never arise again unity for the Muslims, whether it be intellectual or cultural unity"

Sir Campbell Bannerman, [Prime Minister of Britain (1905-08)]
“ There are people who control spacious territories teeming with manifest and hidden resources. They dominate the intersections of world routes. Their lands were the cradles of human civilizations and religions. These people have one faith, one language, one history and the same aspirations. No natural barriers can isolate these people from one another ... if, per chance, this nation were to be unified into one state, it would then take the fate of the world into its hands and would separate Europe from the rest of the world.
Taking these considerations seriously,
a foreign body should be planted in the heart of this nation
to prevent the convergence of its wings in such a way
that it could exhaust its powers in never-ending wars.
It could also serve as a springboard for the West to gain its coveted objects.” - 1902*

A few years later, the British government began to make it a Zionist settlement,
Zionists who were "liberal" and ok with direct violation of the Torah.

Lord Zetland [March 24, 1940, British Secretary of State for the colonial India]
“[T]he call of Islam is one which transcends the bounds of country. It may have lost some force as a result of the abolition of Caliphate by Mustafa Kamal Pasha, but it still has a very considerable appeal as witness for example Jinnah’s insistence on our giving undertaking that Indian troops should never be employed against any Muslim state, and the solicitude which he has constantly expressed for the Arabs of Palestine.”

This is the kind or rhetoric were getting now

POLITICAL COMMENTS

Tony Blair,
In a speech at Labour Party National Conference, stated:*
“What we are confronting here is an evil ideology......They demand the elimination of Israel; the withdrawal of all Westerners from Muslim countries, irrespective of the wishes of people and government; the establishment of effectively Taliban states and Shariah law in the Arab world en route to one caliphate of all Muslim nations.”

Charles Clarke,*
In a speech on Counter Terrorism at The Heritage Foundation (a neoconservative think tank, Washington DC) stated:
“What drives these people on is ideas. And unlike the liberation movements of the post World War II era in many parts of the world, these are not in pursuit of political ideas like national independence from colonial rule, or equality for all citizens without regard for race or creed, or freedom of expression without totalitarian repression. Such ambitions are, at least in principle, negotiable and in many cases have actually been negotiated. However there can be no negotiation about the re-creation of the Caliphate; there can be no negotiation about the imposition of Shariah law; there can be no negotiation about the suppression of equality between the sexes; there can be no negotiation about the ending of free speech. These values are fundamental to our civilization and are simply not up for negotiation.”

....David Cameron seeks to block twitter following riots.....

“The militants believe that controlling one country will rally the Muslim masses, enabling them to overthrow all moderate governments in the region, and establish a radical Islamic empire that spans from Spain to Indonesia"
“The murderous ideology of the Islamic radicals is the great challenge of our new century. Yet, in many ways, this fight resembles the struggle against communism in the last century."

**** Cheney [Vice President, Speech in Sydney, Australia February 2007]

" ...And it is they, the terrorists, who have ambitions of empire. Their goal in the broader Middle East is to seize control of a country, so they have a base from which they can launch attacks against governments that refuse to meet their demands. Their ultimate aim -- and one they boldly proclaim -- is to establish a caliphate covering a region from Spain, across North Africa, through the Middle East and South Asia, all the way to Indonesia. And it wouldn't stop there.*
...The war on terror is more than a contest of arms, and more than a test of will. It is a battle of ideas...."

Donald Rumsfeld [US Secretary of Defense, December 5 2005]
In a speech at the Paul Nitze School of Advanced Studies at Johns Hopkins:

"...Iraq would serve as the base of a new Islamic caliphate to extend throughout the Middle East and which would threaten the legitimate governments in Europe, Africa, and Asia. This is their plan. They have said so. We make a terrible mistake if we fail to listen and learn...."

Eric Edelman [Undersecretary of Defense for Policy]

December 1, 2005, Council on Foreign Relations, Washington, DC*

"...So I think we need to be very clear. Iraq's future will either embolden terrorists and expand their reach and ability to establish a — reestablish a caliphate, or it will deal them a crippling blow. For us, failure in Iraq is just not an option..."

General John Abizaid, [Chief of US Central Command, 29th Sept. 2005]
In a speech to US law makers said:
"Al Qaeda terrorists hope to drive American influence from the Middle East and install a global Muslim leader in Saudi Arabia.....If al Qaeda terrorists manage to take control of Saudi Arabia, they will try to create and expand their influence in the region and establish a caliphate."
Abizaid said al Qaeda would subsequently move on to apply a "very narrow, strict interpretation of Shariah, Islamic law, not believed in or practiced anywhere else in the world today.......The next goal would be to expand into non-Arab Islamic countries. This would include the middle of Africa, South Asia and Southeast Asia".*
At another occasion,
Gen. John Abizaid said: “We are fighting the most despicable enemy ... who uses the 21st century-technology to spread their vision of a 7th-century paradise (and) try to re-create what they imagine was the pure and perfect Islamic government of the era of the prophet Muhammad.”

Gen. Richard Myers, [The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff]
While addressing a Pentagon news conference stressed:
“If the Zarqawis of the world were allowed to be successful in Iraq in their view, and that would be the start of the caliphate that they envision, the stakes would be huge for the region,"

Henry Kissinger, [Nov 2004]
Asked in an interview “What in your opinion are the principal threats of the age?” He answered - “First, is what we call terrorism in the United States, but which is really the uprising of radical Islam against the secular world, and against the democratic world, on behalf of re-establishing a sort of Caliphate. That is directed as much against moderate Islam, than it is against non-Islamic societies.”

Patrick J. Buchanan, [June 23, 2006. Founder of magazine ‘The American Conservative’. Has served three presidents in the White House]

“If Islamic rule is an idea taking hold among the Islamic masses, how does even the best army on earth stop it? Do we not need a new policy?”

President Vladimir Putin
The Russian leader said at a European Union summit in Brussels that western civilisation faced a mortal threat from Muslim terrorists, and claimed that they had plans to create a "worldwide caliphate".
"…The creation of a caliphate on the territory of the Russian Federation is only part one of their plan. In fact, if you are following the situation, you surely know that the radicals are pursuing a larger goal: They are talking about the creation of a world caliphate…”

The Washington Post [January 14, 2006]
The Washington Post headed an article with the title " Reunified Islam: Unlikely but Not Entirely Radical, Restoration of Caliphate, Attacked by Bush, Resonates With Mainstream Muslims", arguing that such a call is not radical nor only resonant with Islamic guerrilla movements

Terrorism - From a War on Terror to a War of Ideas
by David Lazarus
"...The underlying belief of the jihadists appears to be that the re-establishment and enforcement of strict Islamic law in these territories will bring about an almost mystical rebirth of a just, pure and perfect society for all true Muslims. The appeal of such a vision is potent within the Middle East in particular and can be easily understood when one examines the general failure of modernity that prevails in most sectors of Arab society. 7 Any Islamist revolution throughout the entire Middle East has, however, been thwarted by authoritarian dictatorships within the region, such as those of Egypt and Saudi Arabia..."

Peter Costello (Ex Australian Treasurer), 2006, Australian Christian Lobby:

“There are countries that claim to be theocratic Islamic States, for example, The Islamic Republic of Iran, The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, The Islamic Republic of Mauritania. There are other countries that enforce religious or Sharia Law – the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. But for the radical Islamists even this is not enough. They have a vision of a Caliphate stretching across the Middle East toppling what they see as corrupt nation states and enforcing a more “pure” version of Islam. In our own region the ambitions of Jemaah Islamiyah is to create a Pan-Islamic State stretching down and encompassing the southern Philippines, Malaya and Indonesia.”

In December 2004, A report by the National Intelligence Council (NIC) state a possible scenario that by 2020 a “New Caliphate" would have been established. This 123-page report titled "Mapping the Global Future" was aimed to prepare the next Bush administration for future challenges, and was presented to US President, members of Congress, cabinet members and key officials involved in policymaking.
According to CSIS (Center for Strategic and International Studies), Washington based think tank, this report was not a prediction, but a case exercise/study which involves observing the various events taking place in the world. These events are then connected in such a way that there might be a possibility of forming of a Caliphate state. Given that such a state may be established, then it is to be decided from today as to what needs to be done to prevent it, if it needs to be prevented.
Moreover there are two organizations which did such a study, one is the CIA and the other is Shell Oil Company.

The prophet pbuh said that it would come after the return of Jesus and the killing of the antichrist,
And I found something amazing:

After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come,

Thy will be done in earth,
as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory, for ever.
Amen
Matthew 6:9-13

The man was actively seeking a divine law and kingdom which is of God.

55.*Allah has promised, to those among you who believe and work righteous deeds,
that He will, of a surety, grant them in the land, inheritance (of power),
just as He granted it to those before them; that He will establish in authority their religion - the one which He has chosen for them; and that He will change (their state),
*after the fear in which they (lived), to one of security and peace:
'They will worship Me (alone) and not associate aught with Me.'
If any do reject Faith after this, they are rebellious and wicked.
56.*So establish regular Prayer and give regular Charity;
*and obey the Messenger. that ye may receive mercy.
57.*Never think thou that the Unbelievers are going to frustrate ((Allah)'s Plan) on earth: their abode is the Fire,- and it is indeed an evil refuge!
Al Quran 24:55-57
104.*The Day that We roll up the heavens like a scroll rolled up for books (completed),-
even as We produced the first creation, so shall We produce a new one:
a promise We have undertaken: truly shall We fulfil it.
105.*Before this We wrote in the Psalms, after the Message (given to Moses):
My servants the righteous, shall inherit the earth."
106.*Verily in this is a Message for people who would serve God.
107.*We sent thee not, but as a Mercy for all creatures.
108.*Say: "What has come to me by inspiration is that your*God is One God.
will ye therefore bow to His Will?"
109.*But if they turn back, Say:
"I have proclaimed the Message to you all alike and in truth;
but I know not whether that which ye are promised is near or far.
110.*"It is He Who knows what is open in speech and what ye hide.
111.*"I know not but that it may be a trial for you,
and a grant of (worldly) livelihood (to you) for a time."
112.*Say: "O my Lord! judge You in truth!" "Our Lord Most Gracious
is the One Whose assistance should be sought against that which you assert.
Al Quran 21:104-112
41.*(They are) those who, if We establish them in the land,
*establish regular prayer and give regular charity,
enjoin the right and forbid wrong:
with Allah rests the end (and decision) of (all) affairs.
42.*If they treat thy (mission) as false,
so did the peoples before them (with their prophets),
- the People of Noah, and 'Ad and Thamud;
43.*Those of Abraham and Lut;
44.*And the Companions of the Madyan People;
and Moses was rejected (in the same way).
But I granted respite to the Disbelievers,
*and (only) after that did I punish them:
but how (terrible) was my rejection (of them)!

I'm sure you've come to the conclusion that. Saudi Arabia is not an islamic state but a state where Islam is officially practiced among the people, with some glaring problems in terms of alliances among the government.
After bush killed all those millions of people in Iraq. Prince Abdullah gave him a gold medal and kissed him on the cheek. See the image on my "thy kingdom come" page by going through my profile,
Peace

GuestFellow
08-28-2011, 11:17 PM

السلام عليكم

First it is based on a Monarchy system, is this even allowed in Islam? Is this part of Shari ah,
:wa:

I'm not sure. I personally dislike monarchies. To gain power and influence, you should work for it. The idea that a person should become a leader because he was born in the right family is something that I will never understand.

The law is based on culture. Some support this ban because they say Saudi women can be exposed to danger or can lead to more sin or combination of both. I disagree. Saudi women can be exposed to danger or the temptation of sin if they are driving in a car with a male driver who is not related to them. The law does not make sense to me, you might as well ban telephones and any other forms of communication/transportation.

Third, I hear the Saudi Kingdom family is corrupt, true? ( of course corruption is every where but just want to know)
One Saudi Prince was involved in drug-dealing. Other than that, some members of the royal family are open about their lifestyles while others are more secretive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qzx_...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Kpm-yHCzw&feature=related

I've heard mixed responses. Racism and policing can be a problem in Saudi Arabia. The good things about Saudi Arabia is the food, practicing Islam is easier and low crime rate. :) This is based on what I have heard.

User29123
08-28-2011, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
:wa:

I'm not sure. I personally dislike monarchies. To gain power and influence, you should work for it. The idea that a person should become a leader because he was born in the right family is something that I will never understand.

The law is based on culture. Some support this ban because they say Saudi women can be exposed to danger or can lead to more sin or combination of both. I disagree. Saudi women can be exposed to danger or the temptation of sin if they are driving in a car with a male driver who is not related to them. The law does not make sense to me, you might as well ban telephones and any other forms of communication/transportation.

One Saudi Prince was involved in drug-dealing. Other than that, some members of the royal family are open about their lifestyles while others are more secretive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qzx_...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Kpm-yHCzw&feature=related

I've heard mixed responses. Racism and policing can be a problem in Saudi Arabia. The good things about Saudi Arabia is the food, practicing Islam is easier and low crime rate. :) This is based on what I have heard.

Racism to who thought? Westerners or just whoever is not Muslim...

Abz2000
08-28-2011, 11:43 PM
arabs can be quite tribal - and many do seem to give preference to arabs over non-arabs despite the teachings of the Prophet (pbuh)
however you won't likely see this in hajj as hospitality and brotherhood take over at that time - only if you stay there for a while

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.
All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

GuestFellow
08-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Salaam,

Well I'm not entirely sure. Some Saudis are racist to other Arabs. Then there are Saudis who dislike other Saudis because they are from a different tribe while other Saudis dislike migrant workers from South Asia. Not all Saudis are like this, but I have heard from some Arab friends that racism is a major problem. In fact, one Arab student told me that some don't even realise that they are being racist.

It reminds me of my family. Some of my family members are racist but they don't realise it until I point it out to them.

Abz2000
08-29-2011, 03:56 AM
one of my cousins worked there, he crashed his car and two groups of people began approaching him thinking he was an arab, they were asking are you from this family or the other?
(there were descendants of two large tribes in the area)
it seems to be something the Prophet saw:

Hadith - Bukhari (#397), Muslim, Tirmidhi, and Ibn Jarud
Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet of Allah

said,
"There are two things of which my people will never tire: wailing over the dead and finding fault with people's ancestry."

Majmoo ul-Fataawaa3/456
Ibn Taymiyyah (d.728H) rahimahullaah said: "Everything which is outside the call of Islaam and the Qur'aan, with regards to lineage, land, nationality, schools of thoughts and ways, then it is from the calls of jaahiliyyah [ignorance].
lndeed, even when the Muhaa jirs (those Companions who migrated from Makkah to Madeenah)
and the Ansaars (those Companions who aided and supported those who migrated)
argued, such that one of the Muhaajirs said:" O Muhaajirs! (implying; rally to my aid) "
And one of the Ansaar said: "O Ansaar!"
Upon hearing this, the Prophet

said:
"Is it with the calls of Jaahiliyyah that you call, and l am still amongst you!" And he became very angry at that." [Al-Bukhari 8/137]

i don't know how authentic this is but it is still recorded:

Hadith - Mishkat Al-Masabih, Vol. 2, p. 1021
The Prophet

said on the authority of Ubayy Bin Ka'b:
"If anyone proudly asserts his descent in the manner of the pre-Islamic people, tell him to bite his father's penis, and do not use a euphemism".

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Hujurat 49:11
O ye who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor let some women laugh at others: It may be that the (latter are better than the (former): Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed: And those who do not desist are (indeed) wrongdoers.

The Noble Qur'an - Luqman 31:18
And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for Allah loveth not any arrogant boaster.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Hujurat 49:10
The Believers are but a single Brotherhood: So make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah, that ye may receive Mercy.

but we should remember not to let their ignorance overflow into our own undoing:

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi #5989, Narrated Salman
Allah's Messenger

said, "Do not hate me and so abandon your religion."
He asked how he could hate him when he was the means by which Allah had guided them, and he replied, "By hating the Arabs and so hating me."

Salahudeen
08-29-2011, 08:22 AM
If you're Pakistani they don't like you and look at you as inferior, not every person in Saudi is like this, but this is the feedback I've heard from people who work there and do jobs such as taxi drivers.

Also I don't think you can ever get permanent citizenship there, even if you marry a Saudi woman she will lose her right to citizenship in Saudi, that's what I heard, how true it is allah hu alam.

ardianto
08-29-2011, 05:07 PM
"Saudi Arabia is not the kingdom of Rasulullah (saw) because this kingdom was exist yet in period of Rasulullah (saw). Saudi Arabia is a new kingdom that established in early of 20th century by Bani Saud. Bani Saud is not a clan of Rasulullah (saw), the clan that related to Rasulullah (saw) is Bani Hashim that has been exiled to the north and later establish the kingdom of Jordan".

That is the translation of a comment that I posted in an Indonesian blog to counter a propaganda that mentioned that Saudi Arabia is a kingdom that established by Rasulullah (saw).

Frankly, in Indonesia we have a problem with some people who make propaganda that mentioned Saudi Arabia is a kingdom that established by Rasulullah (saw), Saudis are the chosen people who follow the only right Islam, and Saudi ulama are the only ulama who must be obeyed by Muslims all over the world.

Ironically those people are not Saudis, and even not Arabs ... !!! They are Indonesian but regard themselves as Saudis, and blatantly they call Indonesian Muslims as people who follow wrong Islam ... !!!

May Allah forgive those who make fitnah to their Muslim brothers.

User29123
08-29-2011, 06:12 PM
This looks different :

I

Abz2000
09-01-2011, 12:56 AM
nice video, however - it doesn't mention the fact that they've killed many people without public trial for "terrorism" without even showing people the true facts,
nor does it mention the fact that the government doesn't like the idea of a caliphate taking over it's kingdom,
the whole thing was established with the help of the british government which was active in breaking up the caliphate and promoting nationalism.
anyone who knows of Lawrence of Arabia - knows that it is very similar to the nato assisted rebel takeover of libya.

Muhaba
09-01-2011, 10:02 AM

islamic form of ruling is the khilafat but is currently nonexistent. Saudi Arabia is prety islamic. it's a good country and I believe is a nice place to live, except for the weather which is very hot in some parts. then there's also Mecca where there is the Kaaba and Madina where there's the Prophet's Masjid and the fact that it's a place where the Prophet SAW lived so that also makes it special.

i don't think it's unislamic for women to drive. women used to ride horses and camels and noone stopped them from that so i think that means that it's alright for women to use other forms of transportation as well as long as they don't travel too far which might endanger them.
as for ppl claiming that a woman might have an accident and then non-mahram ppl will have to carry her, that might happen if someone is walking on the street or even in their house or even when one is in the car with a male relative and there's an accident and both of them have to be picked up by nonrelatives, so this isn't a good excuse to stop women from driving.

as for corruption, I have no idea about the saudi family. Allah knows best what they are like.

Amat Allah
09-01-2011, 12:44 PM
laa hawla wa laa qowata illa bellah wa astagfero Allah Al Atheem Allathee laa ilaha illa howa Al Hayyu Al Qayoom

I advice you just for Allah`s sake to quit or stop talking in such topics and our return is to Allah...

in the book of Arriqaaq-Sahih Al Bukhari:

Narrated Warrad: (the clerk of Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba) Muawiya wrote to Al-Mughira: "Write to me a narration you have heard from Allah's Apostle." So Al-Mughira wrote to him, "I heard him saying the following after each prayer: 'La ilaha illal-lahu wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahu-l-mulk wa lahuI-hamd, wa huwa 'ala kulli Shai-in qadir.' He also used to forbid idle talk, asking too many questions , wasting money, preventing what should be given, and asking others for something (except in great need), being undutiful to mothers, and burying one's little daughters (alive)."

Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd: Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever can guarantee (the chastity of) what is between his two jaw-bones and what is between his two legs (i.e. his tongue and his private parts), I guarantee Paradise for him."

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quiet, and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should not hurt (or insult) his neighbor; and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should entertain his guest generously."

Narrated Abu Huraira: That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "A slave of Allah may utter a word without thinking whether it is right or wrong, he may slip down in the Fire as far away a distance equal to that between the east."

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet; said, "A slave (of Allah) may utter a word which pleases Allah without giving it much importance, and because of that Allah will raise him to degrees (of reward): a slave (of Allah) may utter a word (carelessly) which displeases Allah without thinking of its gravity and because of that he will be thrown into the Hell-Fire."

Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "My example and the example of the people is that of a man who made a fire, and when it lighted what was around it, Moths and other insects started falling into the fire. The man tried (his best) to prevent them, (from falling in the fire) but they overpowered him and rushed into the fire. The Prophet added: Now, similarly, I take hold of the knots at your waist (belts) to prevent you from falling into the Fire, but you insist on falling into it."

and Allah knows the best

Scimitar
10-16-2011, 05:09 PM

Hope this helps.

peace_maker
10-16-2011, 05:43 PM
السلام عليكم

I'm not sure if Monarchy is allowed in Islam. according to I heard I think it's not allowed.

Well, it is definetely the country's law, as it's the only country in the whole word to have a ban on women driving.

Ofcousre, it's corrupt. Every royal family is corrupt. This is what happens when they become leaders.

No matter what how corrupt the people and the government is, it's always a great place to live in.... Numerous mosques, hijabed women, most of all, Makkah and Madinah. People who live here have peace in their hearts.

Scimitar
10-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Monarchy in Islam is not allowed... The ruler (amir) must be voted in and must be a man who doesn't seek the position. This is evident from reading the Seerahs of the first three khaliphs of Islam.

Abz2000
10-16-2011, 07:46 PM
well a clear distinction is made between Caliphate and monarchy.

"Hadhrat Huzaifa narrated that the Messenger of Allah said:
*Prophethood will remain among you as long as Allah wills.
Then Caliphate (Khilafah) on the lines of Prophethood shall commence,
and remain as long as Allah wills.
Then corrupt/erosive monarchy would take place,
After that, tyrant kingship/ military kingdoms would emerge,
Then, the Caliphate (Khilafah) shall come once again based on the precept of *Prophethood."In the above Hadith the first era of Caliphate is commonly accepted by the Muslims as that of the*rightly guided Caliphate.

this has been the government of God from since Adam:
30. Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent/caretaker (KHALIFAH) on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."
Quran 2:30

it is true that Solomon (pbuh) was David's (pbuh) Heir, but that was also a Caliphate which Solomon (pbuh) was deemed fit to take on.
(i'm sure you wouldn't consider the two bush's to be monarchs - despite the ballot fraud)

O David! We did indeed make thee a vicegerent (KHALIFAH) on earth: so judge thou between men in truth (and justice): Nor follow your own desires.
for they will mislead thee from the Path of Allah. for those who wander astray from the Path of Allah, is a Penalty Grievous, for that they forget the Day of Account.
Quran 38:26

we can see here that he was told to rule by the rule of God - and not of his own desire.

Christ (pbuh) also spoke of this type of government:

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11Give us this day our daily bread.
12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Matthew 6

It was We who revealed the law (to Moses): therein was guidance and light.
By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the prophets who bowed to Allah's will,
by the rabbis and the doctors of law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's book, and they were witnesses thereto:
therefore fear not men, but fear me, and sell not my signs for a miserable price.
If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers.
Quran 5:44

when the king of Saudi Arabia signs the u.n documents and hands over supreme rule to the security council - he becomes a disbeliever in God.

eco-logic, Sunday, December 05, 1999
U.N. Millennium Assembly celebrates arrival of global governance
By Henry Lamb
A decade of preparation will culminate in the year 2000, in a massive celebration and series of events, carefully designed to change the world forever. The United Nations' Millennium Forum, Assembly, and Summit have been planned to set the world on a course of global governance under the authority of the United Nations.
The new scheme of global governance will empower, and fund, the United Nations to be the supreme governmental authority on the planet. Selected NGOs (non-government organizations), called civil society, will take their place as both representatives of the people, and implementors of U.N. policies. More than 130 international organizations, called IGOs (inter-governmental organizations), will be consolidated as direct administrative agencies of the new U.N. system. National governments will become administrative units, reporting through the appropriate IGOs, to the supreme authority of the U.N.

it is described in the Quran as Godhood, and no-one has the authority to claim that:
But he rejected it and disobeyed;
22Further he (pharaoh) turned his back striving hard.
23Then he collected his men and made a proclamation
24Saying “I am your Lord most high.”
25But Allah did punish him and made an example of him in the hereafter as in this life.
26Verily, in this is an instructive warning for whosoever fears:

Quran 79

Riana17
10-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Salam

Personally I have no idea about Dubai, but I would come back to you if our trip happens inshallah

I could talk about Q8, i dont have problem here, living for 8yrs alhamdollelah its all good, but there are no places to go really (for homebody like me, its good) Life is simple

I have nothing against Kuwaitis, my in law is Kuwaiti and he is kind person (may Allah reward him), but Kuwaiti's are too rich (free school, hospital, houses, allowance from birth, highest salary in the world) so we all know when someone looses faith in Allah or does not have good control, then the fastest way to ruin life is money, it is evil.

Life becomes boring when everything comes easy and you dont work for the money on your pocket, there is no reason to wake up early in the morning.

Finally I love Bahrain, I was there for 2weeks, I observe how friendly and kind people are, infact it was rated as Most Friendliest country in the world by forbes.com, Bahrainis can be Manager, or a car cleaner, well Kuwaitis are all in high position, no one works in the restaurant etc
Now Bahrain are having little internal trouble , inshallah will be over soon
But then by that time, things can be very different, so perhaps, you should see the country first before moving

Also we were in Malaysia for two weeks, we absolutely love it, my husband once said, if ME is not anymore peaceful place to live, we will move to Malaysia inshallah

Mashallah Beautiful country, I've never seen a country before that has thousands of same built-designs of houses before (wow people do not envy or dont mind their houses are alike of the rest lol) and yet there are hectares of farmlands, clean environment, loved by all the people of the world, I think they are 2nd or 3rd most Visited country in the world, and yes cheap too

peace_maker
10-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Even Saudis are of very high status. That's what's corrupting them. Easy life...

esperanza
10-31-2011, 07:34 PM
yes this is true and many saudi women travel about with non mahram drivers..yet women are not allowed to drive

esperanza
10-31-2011, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

Well I'm not entirely sure. Some Saudis are racist to other Arabs. Then there are Saudis who dislike other Saudis because they are from a different tribe while other Saudis dislike migrant workers from South Asia. Not all Saudis are like this, but I have heard from some Arab friends that racism is a major problem. In fact, one Arab student told me that some don't even realise that they are being racist.

It reminds me of my family. Some of my family members are racist but they don't realise it until I point it out to them.
sadly yes there is quite alot of racism,,,towards other arabs and espeially asians..and many saudis think themsaleves superior......but not all be sure...
but yes arabs tend to be racist among themselves..

for example they favour whiter skinned people..and arabs not saudis but others will judge against dark skinned especcially women,,,,i have heard arab women discussing this..thinking a white skinned women is preferrable

Abz2000
11-25-2011, 09:02 PM

GuestFellow
11-26-2011, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
Even Saudis are of very high status. That's what's corrupting them. Easy life...
Salaam,

Not all Saudis are rich. I have heard of Saudi people that are very poor.

ardianto
11-26-2011, 02:36 PM
This is the question that has been questioned many times to those who support prohibition to drive for women. And their answer, bigger fitnah will happen if those women drive alone than driven by non-mahram drivers.

I know, you must be confused by their statement. But, I think now it's time to reveal the reasons behind that prohibition that I collect from some fatawa and statement.

Those non-mahram drivers are not just any driver, but drivers who work for their husbands.

If women drive car alone, they can go anywhere they want. But if those car are driven by drivers who work for their husbands, those women will not have this 'freedom' because those drivers will report to their husbands, where they were going.

That's why they said, bigger fitnah will happen if those women drive alone than driven by non-mahram drivers.

Other reasons behind that prohibition that I read from some fatawa are :

- If women drive cars, they will show their faces. And show faces is forbidden for women.

- Can cause fitnah. If they stop in the red light, men around them can be attracted.

- Sometime technical problem happened to cars. If those women got problem with cars, men will come to help them, then this meeting will lead to zina.

- Can increase divorce rate. There is a bad habit that committed by (some) Saudi men, when they angry to their wives, they leave their wives and back to their parent homes. If women can drive, when those women angry to their husbands, they will leave their husbands and back to their parent homes.

- Can through shar'i distance limit in traveling alone for women. There is maximum distance which women are not allowed to go alone through this limit. But this distance is not measured by how far they are from homes, but by how long distance they have reached on the trip. If women drive car around the city in circular trip, although they still in the city but they have reached maximum shar'i distance, they are considered have left the city.

I know, many Muslims are disagree with reasons behind this prohibition. But those are the true reason that I found from some fatawa ans statements.

Actually, I and many other Muslims are understand if those Saudi Ulama want to protect women from evil men. But like many other Muslims, I have a question, if they only want to protect their women from evil men, why don't they allow women to drive car with one condition, accompanied with their mahram in the car. Unfortunately, there was never an answer for this question.

Scimitar
03-17-2012, 04:31 AM
Look, no offense to the women here but women don't make the best drivers... and the men who drive in saudi arabia are nutters... how would a woman react if she was driving a car and saw this?

or this

or this

They'd brick it is what, and crash... simple. They're better off letting men drive them in that country... don't get it twisted, it's for their own good. Simple.

Scimi

TrueStranger
03-17-2012, 05:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Look, no offense to the women here but women don't make the best drivers... and the men who drive in saudi arabia are nutters... how would a woman react if she was driving a car and saw this?

They'd brick it is what, and crash... simple. They're better off letting men drive them in that country... don't get it twisted, it's for their own good. Simple.

Scimi
Shouldn't there be laws concerning safe driving and not endangering the lives of other drivers?

I will be dead honest, I don't understand Saudi Culture and I have met plenty of Saudi international students. They are for the most part like any other Muslim group. You have the the good, the bad, and the ones in between. But the fact that some of their females actually wear a bloody niqab while wearing pants makes my head route 180 degrees. I see them almost everyday and I'm absolutely close to exploding. How does one wear a niqab while wear pants? Where is the logic in that? What style is this?

I don't even want to get into their close relationship with the American Military......

Scimitar
03-17-2012, 05:36 AM
Saudi Police enjoy watching the drift racers... and that's the truth. The only time they act is when the racers crash... wanna see an example?

Scimi

TrueStranger
03-17-2012, 05:55 AM
Saudi Police enjoy watching the drift racers... and that's the truth. The only time they act is when the racers crash... wanna see an example?

Scimi
Lack of discipline and accountability leads to social corruption and discrimination. It's almost as if Muslim nations no longer know what it means to actually have normal laws which are applied EQUALLY. Let's be honest, we are greatly lacking a functioning legal system that is fair. We can't even create laws that prevent abuse of power and position.

God help us.

Scimitar
03-17-2012, 05:56 AM
Ameen.

Scimi

ardianto
03-17-2012, 06:51 AM
Before I became a motocross racer, I was a FAMOUS illegal drifter in Bandung city. However, after I watched videos from Saudi Arabia, I must admit, Saudis guys are really crazy.

Scimitar
03-17-2012, 06:57 AM
That first video was amazing, right? :D

Scimi

ardianto
03-17-2012, 09:57 AM
That first video was amazing, right? :D

Scimi
Do you mean a group that remove and replace tires?. They use special modified car.

In standard car, the left and right wheels are 'disconnect'. You cannot drive standard car with two wheels because the engine power will move to the wheels that float in the air, and the wheels that touch the road will lose the power. So, you need to connect the left and right wheel. You can use Limited Slip Differential, or you can use Locker, or you connect those wheels with welding. But if you only modify your car like this, your team cannot remove and replace the tire because the floated wheels are still rotate.

The group in the video modify their car with special modification that made them could transfer to power only to the wheels that touch the road and stop the wheels that floated in the air.

Drive with two wheels is a hobby of some guys in rich Gulf countries, not only in Saudi. Need special skill for it. The guys in that video are amazing, but I think they are professional stunt group.

Scimitar
03-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Definitely nutters.... my type of people lol.

Scimi

ardianto
03-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Definitely nutters.... my type of people lol.

Scimi
But now I am too old for stupid behavior like that. ;D

Scimitar
03-17-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm 36... I'd give it a shot :D

truthseeker63
03-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Could an American who is a Muslim move to and get Saudi Citizenship is this possible ?

Aprender
03-17-2012, 01:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
Could an American who is a Muslim move to and get Saudi Citizenship is this possible ?
I heard it is pretty tough to get Saudi citizenship if you're not Saudi. I have a few friends who were born there and they tell me they don't even have Saudi citizenship. Not exactly sure how that works...

Rhubarb Tart
03-17-2012, 01:41 PM
The level of dangerous driving from males? And the same government is worried about female drivers lmao

I am friends with couple of Saudis, they are generally nice. If they reflect their society, no Muslims would have a problem with moving there. And non-Muslim live and work there too.

Rhubarb Tart
03-17-2012, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
no to citizenship. But if you can find work there first, you can move there.

Abu.Yusuf
03-17-2012, 01:54 PM
السلام عليكم

1. Yes it is a monarchy system. It is not allowed in Islaam, however if a ruler does so, but his son implements the Shariah with no kufr law, the Ummah is obliged to obey him.
But having said that, saudi arabia does not rule by the shariah, it is a mixture of shariah and kufr law - thus man made law. that is defo not allowed and is Kufr. At that point it becomes Haraam for the Muslims to obey him [and there are many evidences for this]

2. Scholars differed in opinion, i dont no specifically about how it is in saudi tho

3.yes they are corrupt. Liek already said, they rule by a diferent law other than Allaah. They take the United Nation as the ultimate sovereign instead of Allaah. They gave base to America to bomb Muslims. He had close links with G.bush and has with obama at a time where america is at war with Islam and Muslims

4. I never lived there, so i dont know. However, i do no that whoever speaks out against the gov get locked up and tortured. Hence not many scholars speak out against the authority

White Rose
03-17-2012, 05:27 PM
I too wanna which country is pure good but I can't think of any. imsad Even if they follow Islam, they are corrupt and use the name of their religion to coerce. Other countries that don't follow Islam have proper laws but then are corrupt in other ways.

Scimitar
03-17-2012, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
I heard it is pretty tough to get Saudi citizenship if you're not Saudi. I have a few friends who were born there and they tell me they don't even have Saudi citizenship. Not exactly sure how that works...
Only Saudi Arabian blood get citizenship.

There was a time when all you had to do was proclaim shahadah to be offered asylum and citizenship... but corruption knows no bounds and now, bleh.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!