/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm seriously being bothered by this PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE....

Isamisthedeen
07-09-2011, 01:35 AM
I have a disorder which is called OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). Here's the thing, sometimes at work for example or when i'm doing some other activity, I have a bad thought arise. I then believe that this bad thought may actually happen and it causes to me to react a certain way. For example, I do not like stepping in places I like with my right foot but rather my left foot because it is the side of hell fire. I feel like if I step in with my right foot, I'll be stuck in that certain place for the rest of my life. I know it's a VERY WEIRD example... But my main fear is that I have left the fold of Islam because only Allah knows what'll happen to us in the future. I don't know what to do. Every good deed I do, I feel like every pathetic action I do, i commit shirk and have left Islam and now I feel like I have to redo all my good deeds and it frustrates and bothers me. Also, I happen to be 5'8, if that number comes up in my head, I believe i'll be that height the rest of my life, so I think of a number such as 6'0. Please someone help me... I'm going through miserable times.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
07-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Assalamualaikum

I hope you will feel better after reading these ahadith and quotes. I apologize if they are too much.

Life is a series of rude awakenings.
If they're not rude, we tend not to awaken.

This dunya (world) is like a shadow, run after it and you will never be able to catch it, turn your back against it and it has no choice but to follow you

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah has accepted my invocation to forgive what whispers in the hearts of my followers, unless they put it to action or utter it."(Sahih Bukhari: Book #46, Hadith #705)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:
Look at those who stand at a lower level than you but don't look at those who stand at a higher level than you, for this would make the favours (conferred upon you by Allah) insignificant (in your eyes).
(Sahih Muslim: Book #042, Hadith #7070)

Narrated Abu Musa: The sun eclipsed and the Prophet got up, being afraid that it might be the Hour (i.e. Day of Judgment). He went to the Mosque and offered the prayer with the longest Qiyam, bowing and prostration that I had ever seen him doing. Then he said, "These signs which Allah sends do not occur because of the life or death of somebody, but Allah makes His worshipers afraid by them. So when you see anything thereof, proceed to remember Allah, invoke Him and ask for His forgiveness."(Sahih Bukhari: Book #18, Hadith #167)

Isamisthedeen
07-09-2011, 10:07 PM
I guess that no one will.

إحسان
07-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Salam brother,

You seem to have waswas (whispers from shaytan), which is unfortunate. May Allah help you through it inshAllah.

"Verily with hardship comes ease."

I recommend you to constantly do Dua'a throughout the day. I also suggest you to say the shahada in the morning and before you sleep. Read Qur'an daily and do dhikr! As much as you can...

Also watch this video...

Furthermore, I recommend you reading 'Don't Be Sad', I bought it last year, it truly is amazing. I hunted down for it on the net, here you go (you can read it for free):

EBOOK: DON'T BE SAD

It covers similar topics that you're going through (depression/turning away from Allah) etc...

I wish you all the best! May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
07-10-2011, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isamisthedeen
I have a disorder which is called OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). Here's the thing, sometimes at work for example or when i'm doing some other activity, I have a bad thought arise. I then believe that this bad thought may actually happen and it causes to me to react a certain way. For example, I do not like stepping in places I like with my right foot but rather my left foot because it is the side of hell fire. I feel like if I step in with my right foot, I'll be stuck in that certain place for the rest of my life. I know it's a VERY WEIRD example... But my main fear is that I have left the fold of Islam because only Allah knows what'll happen to us in the future. I don't know what to do. Every good deed I do, I feel like every pathetic action I do, i commit shirk and have left Islam and now I feel like I have to redo all my good deeds and it frustrates and bothers me. Also, I happen to be 5'8, if that number comes up in my head, I believe i'll be that height the rest of my life, so I think of a number such as 6'0. Please someone help me... I'm going through miserable times.
Salaam,

You need to see a doctor if you think you have OCD. Don't worry to much about the future. Just focus on the present. Worrying about the future will not help you. If you are not happy with your current lifestyle, make some changes but by a step by step process.

There is nothing wrong with your height. Why is this upsetting you?

Just_A_Girl13
07-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Asalaamu alaikum brother,

There is no need to be upset. Allah (s.w.t.) knows that you have a disorder and He is not going to punish you for that. You are doing the best you can and your intentions are good, that is all that matters to Allah (s.w.t.) Just continue trying your best to do as many good deeds as you can and making lots of duaa for Allah (s.w.t.) to help your situation. I will keep you in my duaas as well :)

Peace and blessings be with you always

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-10-2011, 08:03 PM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum

As far as I am aware to enter a unclean place one would use left foot and clean places, home, masajid etc, using the right foot. Its better to just follow this way rather than what you 'think' when its already been mentioned in the sunnah.

Being a certain height shouldnt become a barrier to ones faith, its something that shouldnt be taken as bad or as a burden upon ones self. People are of different heights, it isnt a bad thing.

Also having a bad thought doesnt mean a bad thing will occur, we have the ability to refrain from doing the bad thing. Therefore it shouldnt cause you to react a certain way because you can stop yourself by attempting to do it.

I hope I didnt misunderstand you and if so insha'Allaah someone is able to give a better answer..

Dagless
07-11-2011, 12:24 AM
I don't think you can say you've left the fold of Islam because (a) it's a type of illness and (b) you clearly know yourself that these thoughts are not correct.
I know it's difficult not to act upon them but maybe take one thought at a time. Like when you feel you must do something tell yourself that it's not a must and to trust in Allah. After all who is more powerful? The thought or Allah? Then after a few times of you not doing the things you were inclined to insha'Allah it will become easier and easier.
I watched this video a while back, and although he seems to give the same advice for lots of different conditions, his advice is definitely good.

May Allah help everyone with their trials.

May Ayob
07-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Salaam Brother
I am sorry , please give me more detail because i didn't understand very well, what is it that you are afraid from? Death? Failure?
I couldn't deduce your problem from the above very well
Please explain more so I can give you a better reply

Salaam

Hamza Asadullah
07-14-2011, 03:10 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum, there is a sister who has the same problem as you and i have been giving her advice in the following thread which is very relevant to you so could you please read through the following threads which will help you overcome the waswas you are expriencing inshallah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...s-worship.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ck-q-wudu.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-one-help.html

Please follow the advice and steps i have advised in those threads and let me know how it goes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!