/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Book Discussion - The Sealed Nectar

Flame of Hope
07-09-2011, 10:18 PM
:sl:

Assalaamu alaykum.

I've created this thread to discuss the book "The Sealed Nectar". It's the biography of Prophet Muhammad (saws).

It's alright if you haven't read the book.

I'll be presenting lessons that I have learned from it and posting them here. You can thus participate in this discussion without having read the entire book.

But if you have read the book, do feel free to tell us what you thought of it and how it has changed your life.

Here's the link where the entire book is posted, so if you don't have the book, it's not at all a problem. You can refer to it here:

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/B..._tsn/index.htm

Jazakallah khair.

----------------------
Read more: http://-----------.proboards.com/ind...#ixzz1ReJFD1LM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flame of Hope
07-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Assalamu alaykum.

In the section: Religion of the Arabs...

We learn about a man by the name of 'Amr bin Luhai. He was the one who brought an idol and placed it inside the Kabah.

Before he did such a thing, the Kabah had no idols. The Arabs used to worship Allah and followed the religion of Ibrahim (as).

And to think that this man... this 'Amr bin Luhai was considered to be a righteous man, renowned for his charity, devotion and care for religion! He was a man who people respected and honored!

And this was the man who introduced idol worship in Makkah! Thinking that there was nothing wrong with what he did.

What this means is that..... when people do not understand who their God is and the fact that He is One and unlike anything in creation, they will easily go astray.

This is the reason why many people engage in bi'dah, introducing innovation in religion, thinking that they are not doing anything wrong. They are not hurting anyone. They are simply trying to make things better for people.

This happens because of ignorance.

And this is the reason why it's so critical to understand the meaning of La ilaha il Allah, Muhammaddar Rasul Allah.

He who truly understands the shahada will not go astray.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

Jazakallaahu Khaayr i will read up on the book insha'Allaah

beneficial indeed.

Who Am I?
07-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Yep, I need to read more of the book myself.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Starrynight
07-10-2011, 01:22 PM
I always love reading the parts about his marriage to Khadijah. For some reason the stories I have read about them make me feel happy. They seemed to be so in love <3

Flame of Hope
07-10-2011, 08:05 PM

Check this out. I didn't know that in those days, the Arabs living in towns used to send their children away to bedouin wet nurses.... to grow up in the free and healthy surroundings of the desert. Bedouins were considered good influence on kids, it seems.

I wonder if the same custom is followed today?

Anyway, we read in The Sealed Nectar that Abu Sufyan bin Al-Harith bin 'Abdul-Muttalib... the cousin of the Prophet (saws) was also his foster brother!

Hamzah bin 'Abdul-Muttalib..... the uncle of the Prophet (saws) was also his foster brother, suckled by the same two wet nurses Thuwaibah and As-Sa'diya who suckled the Prophet (saws)!!!!!!

Subhanallahi wa bihamdihi!!!

Who Am I?
07-11-2011, 06:21 PM

And yet the Prophet's (pbuh) uncle was also his worst enemy.

Flame of Hope
07-11-2011, 07:07 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
And yet the Prophet's (pbuh) uncle was also his worst enemy.
If you are talking about Abu Lahab, yeah! There's even a sura in the Qur'an about him and his wife and how they will be in the Fire.

The Sealed Nectar gives us shocking details about their cruelty too.

Who Am I?
07-11-2011, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riham

If you are talking about Abu Lahab, yeah! There's even a sura in the Qur'an about him and his wife and how they will be in the Fire.

The Sealed Nectar gives us shocking details about their cruelty too.

Ah. Different uncle that I was thinking of. But I have read about his enmity of the Prophet (pbuh) and how the Prophet (pbuh) prayed for him every day that Allah would show His mercy.

Flame of Hope
07-11-2011, 07:26 PM

Ah. Different uncle that I was thinking of. But I have read about his enmity of the Prophet (pbuh) and how the Prophet (pbuh) prayed for him every day that Allah would show His mercy.

Hmmm. You're talking about Abu Talib then. But he wasn't an enemy. He in fact helped the Prophet (saws) and protected him. However, he never did accept Islam....

There's a highly interesting account of how he died as a disbeliever in The Sealed Nectar. He was on his deathbed and the Prophet (saws) had done his best to persuade his uncle to say the shahada. Abu Talib might have even said it.... but two men from the Quraish were present at his deathbed and they asked him, "Would you give up the religion of your forefathers for this strange religion your nephew is preaching?" (Well, not the exact words, mind you.... but something to that effect was said to him).

So Abu Talib had to make a choice. He chose disbelief. And died a kafir.

We seek refuge in Allah from a death like that.

La ilaha il Allah, Muhammaddar Rasul Allah.

Haya emaan
07-11-2011, 08:07 PM
walaikum assalam...
indeed the sealed nectar is a wonderful biography.. i went through it some years before and I LOVE IT..
JAZAKALLAH sis for starting the thread and sharing what you have learned..
we have too much to learn from the book..

Who Am I?
07-11-2011, 09:35 PM

Hmmm. You're talking about Abu Talib then. But he wasn't an enemy. He in fact helped the Prophet (saws) and protected him. However, he never did accept Islam....

There's a highly interesting account of how he died as a disbeliever in The Sealed Nectar. He was on his deathbed and the Prophet (saws) had done his best to persuade his uncle to say the shahada. Abu Talib might have even said it.... but two men from the Quraish were present at his deathbed and they asked him, "Would you give up the religion of your forefathers for this strange religion your nephew is preaching?" (Well, not the exact words, mind you.... but something to that effect was said to him).

So Abu Talib had to make a choice. He chose disbelief. And died a kafir.

We seek refuge in Allah from a death like that.

La ilaha il Allah, Muhammaddar Rasul Allah.

When I die, I wish only to die as a Believer. Ameen.

MustafaMc
07-12-2011, 02:00 AM

Ameen. I say the same for myself.

Flame of Hope
07-12-2011, 02:13 AM

And we also pray......."Oh Allah! Make our last deeds the best deeds!"

Death is the most important event of our life......... everything depends on our last deed!!! Imagine living all your life as a strict Muslim. But just before you die... you have gone astray and disbelieved.

If someone's death was like that, it wouldn't matter at all how many good deeds he had done in his life. It would be all in vain.

La ilaha il Allah Muhammaddar Rasul Allah.

Who Am I?
07-12-2011, 02:49 PM

And we also pray......."Oh Allah! Make our last deeds the best deeds!"

Death is the most important event of our life......... everything depends on our last deed!!! Imagine living all your life as a strict Muslim. But just before you die... you have gone astray and disbelieved.

If someone's death was like that, it wouldn't matter at all how many good deeds he had done in his life. It would be all in vain.

Yeah that would suck majorly if you got hosed at the last minute because you punked out. But I guess it would be your own fault...

Flame of Hope
07-12-2011, 06:53 PM

Yeah that would suck majorly if you got hosed at the last minute because you punked out. But I guess it would be your own fault...

Yes, Allah does not wrong anyone. We wrong ourselves.

If at the end we die as kafirs, it would indeed be our own fault. Allah is The Aware. He knows fully well what is in our hearts. All of our lives we might have been doing great acts of religious worship but if in our hearts there's a loathsome disease.... to be sure, Allah will bring it forth. This is what had happened with Iblis.

Wasn't he the one who was renowned for his worship of Allah? To the angels he seemed so pious and so good. But Allah was aware of the disease existing in his heart. So He created a situation for Iblis. He made him bow down before a figure of clay. The disease of pride caused Iblis to disobey this command. Imagine refusing to obey Allah!!! Anyway, there's a lesson in this for all of us.

Never feel complacent or secure from the plan of Allah. We do not know in what state we shall die in. We desire to die as Muslims but if we do not strive to purify our hearts and make our worship sincerely for Allah..... then it is quite possible that Allah will cause us to die as disbelievers. And He has power over all things.

Who Am I?
07-12-2011, 10:34 PM

Yes, Allah does not wrong anyone. We wrong ourselves.

If at the end we die as kafirs, it would indeed be our own fault. Allah is The Aware. He knows fully well what is in our hearts. All of our lives we might have been doing great acts of religious worship but if in our hearts there's a loathsome disease.... to be sure, Allah will bring it forth. This is what had happened with Iblis.

Wasn't he the one who was renowned for his worship of Allah? To the angels he seemed so pious and so good. But Allah was aware of the disease existing in his heart. So He created a situation for Iblis. He made him bow down before a figure of clay. The disease of pride caused Iblis to disobey this command. Imagine refusing to obey Allah!!! Anyway, there's a lesson in this for all of us.

Never feel complacent or secure from the plan of Allah. We do not know in what state we shall die in. We desire to die as Muslims but if we do not strive to purify our hearts and make our worship sincerely for Allah..... then it is quite possible that Allah will cause us to die as disbelievers. And He has power over all things.

That is one thing I had to get used to as a Muslim instead of a Christian. Not everyone who is a Muslim will go to paradise. But Christians say that all you have to do is accept Jesus as your Savior and you're in. After that, nothing else you do matters. You can go out, party, get drunk, have sex outside of marriage, whatever. As long as you have Jesus, you're good. That always bothered me about Christianity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!