/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Scholar Imran N Hosein

GuestFellow
07-09-2011, 10:30 PM
:sl:

Can this scholar be trusted? I watched some of his videos and I'm curious to hear what members have to say about him.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
07-09-2011, 11:14 PM
I, too, have watched his video 'Jerusalem in the Quran'. In one part he was very emphatic that the proper punishment for adultery is not stoning but rather 100 lashes like for fornication between 2 who are unmarried. I personally do not agree with him on this issue.

GuestFellow
07-09-2011, 11:24 PM
^ Salaam,

I never knew that. What else do you know about him?

smile
07-10-2011, 04:48 PM
i find him very intelligent !

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
07-10-2011, 06:19 PM
^ Salaam,

In what way?

MustafaMc
07-10-2011, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
^ Salaam,

I never knew that. What else do you know about him?
Quoting from his website: "I no longer belong to any Sufi Order. My association with Sufism does not entail any belief or any religious practice that is not firmly founded on the Qur'an and Sunnah."

He has very good views on riba and on the modern monetary system based on paper money without intrinsic value. He predicts that Israel will soon replace the USA as the world's 'ruling state', perhaps after economic collapse of the USA. A book "Aftershock" by David Wiedemer indicates that the bursting of the dollar and government debt 'bubbles' may soon bring about this collapse.

GuestFellow
07-10-2011, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
He predicts that Israel will soon replace the USA as the world's 'ruling state', perhaps after economic collapse of the USA.
Salaam,

That is highly unlikely. Israel depends so much on the US for military aid, it simply cannot survive on its own.

I just read a book, downloaded the PDF version from his website. Unfortunately, I am not convinced. I agree with him on some issues, but his analysis of geo-politics is too simplistic. He needs to submit a lot more documented evidence.

FS123
07-11-2011, 12:07 AM
He predicts that Israel will soon replace the USA as the world's 'ruling state', perhaps after economic collapse of the USA.
He his intelligent but I don't agree with some of his views like the above. Israel is a very small country it can't rule unless they expand, which is highly unlikely. Most likely Euro or China will replace US. But it seems like after the collapse of US there won't be one super power, China and EU will be the dominant one's, but India and Brazil will be in the super power league with them.

Reflections
07-11-2011, 03:38 PM
AsSalaamu 3alaykum,

Is he the one from Trinidad? If that's the one then he has a few good lectures I've listened to.

GuestFellow
07-11-2011, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
AsSalaamu 3alaykum,

Is he the one from Trinidad? If that's the one then he has a few good lectures I've listened to.
:wa:

I listened to some of his lectures. Unfortunately, I must stress that his analysis of foreign issues is not supported by strong evidence.

I hope I do not sound too negative. I do think he is a good public speaker.

SFatima
07-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I find his logic quite well supported, he is a very well read man who has done his masters in International relations from a well reputed University. And after that he pursued in religious studies, islamic history and etc ( not sure when he did, but he did) He isn't very wrong about Israel being the power, whosoever doesn't understand that, hasn't read much about the political systems, banking and financial systems, policies of the international countries and of wars and weaponry. US is just the face of the super power Israel, Israel has literally given them everything, and Israel cant assume the super power status in a jiffy, because the world isn't so ready for it yet, it will be chaotic. But it will, they say, when Dajjal is about to arrive. Only Allah swt knows best.

GuestFellow
07-11-2011, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
I find his logic quite well supported

In what way? What evidence supports his logic?

He isn't very wrong about Israel being the power, whosoever doesn't understand that, hasn't read much about the political systems, banking and financial systems, policies of the international countries and of wars and weaponry.
Not necessarily. It means they hold a different view. From reading "US foreign policy and the Israel Lobby", it is clear that Israel requires US aid. This is why there is a powerful lobby in America called AIPAC, to ensure America will always financially and military support Israel.

It is not a superpower and it is very unlikely it will become a superpower in the foreseeable future. It does have nuclear weapons but this will not resolve its domestic and external problems.

Overall, Israel is not that powerful without the US.

US is just the face of the super power Israel, Israel has literally given them everything, and Israel cant assume the super power status in a jiffy, because the world isn't so ready for it yet, it will be chaotic.
Actually Israel has not given anything to America. It is considered to be a strategic burden according to Professor Stephen Walt of Harvard University. Israel creates more and more problems for America and damaged its reputation. Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Kuwait are far more useful to America, and have been holding US military bases.

Anyway, can anyone here give a summary of his core views? I haven''t got time to listen and read all his books.

SFatima
07-12-2011, 06:09 AM

Not necessarily. It means they hold a different view. From reading "US foreign policy and the Israel Lobby", it is clear that Israel requires US aid. This is why there is a powerful lobby in America called AIPAC, to ensure America will always financially and military support Israel.

It is not a superpower and it is very unlikely it will become a superpower in the foreseeable future. It does have nuclear weapons but this will not resolve its domestic and external problems.

Overall, Israel is not that powerful without the US.

Actually Israel has not given anything to America. It is considered to be a strategic burden according to Professor Stephen Walt of Harvard University. Israel creates more and more problems for America and damaged its reputation. Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Kuwait are far more useful to America, and have been holding US military bases.

Anyway, can anyone here give a summary of his core views? I haven''t got time to listen and read all his books.
That is what he says too, you cant judge a book by its cover. It is in the history of these nations that khazars ( current zionists) can never fare well without the support of the anglosaxons and the vikings , these races used to fight each other a lot, khazars were smart in strategy but very less in number, they needed organized armies to help them push their agenda. They reached a peace deal to help each other in exchange of support for each other against the third common enemy, muslims.

And by historical calculations, and from the hadith where the sahaba(companions of the Prophet once got lost in a storm in the ocean and landed on a place after a month or so) came across a nation whose characteristics were described as very tall,strong, fair and with blue eyes and long hair. ( the warrior people of the white race kept long hair). And that is where the companions had met Dajjal who was in chains, and he was being protected by these people. They came back to the prophet saww to relate their story and the prophet saww informed them that they had met dajjal. I'll find the detailed hadith and link it up.

There is a verse in Quran too, something like, that Allah swt says that I have created a nation amongst you that you will not be able to defeat by yourself. Scholars point out that it this these races, Anglosaxons vikings and mongols, also called as yajuj and majuj( gog and magog, though there is still difference of opinion on this). ( and Allah swt has said it 'cannot defeat by yourself" because muslims wont be able to defeat them unless Imam mahdi and Hazrat Eesah A.S will appear to establish the final truth of Islam.) Only Allah(swt) knows best though.

This is a huge subject, you will have to read several books on it, otherwise one cant understand it all. Maybe you can read just a few pages at a time, or leave it for when you will have time.

May Ayob
07-12-2011, 06:13 AM
In one part he was very emphatic that the proper punishment for adultery is not stoning but rather 100 lashes like for fornication between 2 who are unmarried. I personally do not agree with him on this issue.
Salaam
You don't agree with him , that the punishment is not stoning?
I may have misunderstood you

Salaam

FS123
07-14-2011, 12:36 AM
That is what he says too, you cant judge a book by its cover. It is in the history of these nations that khazars ( current zionists) can never fare well without the support of the anglosaxons and the vikings , these races used to fight each other a lot, khazars were smart in strategy but very less in number, they needed organized armies to help them push their agenda. They reached a peace deal to help each other in exchange of support for each other against the third common enemy, muslims.

And by historical calculations, and from the hadith where the sahaba(companions of the Prophet once got lost in a storm in the ocean and landed on a place after a month or so) came across a nation whose characteristics were described as very tall,strong, fair and with blue eyes and long hair. ( the warrior people of the white race kept long hair). And that is where the companions had met Dajjal who was in chains, and he was being protected by these people. They came back to the prophet saww to relate their story and the prophet saww informed them that they had met dajjal. I'll find the detailed hadith and link it up.

There is a verse in Quran too, something like, that Allah swt says that I have created a nation amongst you that you will not be able to defeat by yourself. Scholars point out that it this these races, Anglosaxons vikings and mongols, also called as yajuj and majuj( gog and magog, though there is still difference of opinion on this). ( and Allah swt has said it 'cannot defeat by yourself" because muslims wont be able to defeat them unless Imam mahdi and Hazrat Eesah A.S will appear to establish the final truth of Islam.) Only Allah(swt) knows best though.

This is a huge subject, you will have to read several books on it, otherwise one cant understand it all. Maybe you can read just a few pages at a time, or leave it for when you will have time.
Yea thats true they are not in power on their own, they are in power by proxy. Now Israel is trying to be buddies with China since it sees US as a declining power and China a rising power.

Insecured soul
07-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Never heard of this scholar, cant say anything.

i listen to anwar awlaki and i think his lectures has covered almost all subjects?

wassalam

Kitsune92
07-14-2011, 07:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul
i listen to anwar awlaki and i think his lectures has covered almost all subjects?
Anwar Al-Awlaki? But isn't he part of AlQaeda??

Insecured soul
07-14-2011, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kitsune92
Anwar Al-Awlaki? But isn't he part of AlQaeda??
So does that mean he is not a righteous scholar?

Dont go by what u hear by western media, the westerners even dislike this religion and our prophet would you then believe what they say?

Kitsune92
07-14-2011, 10:25 PM
So does that mean he is not a righteous scholar?

Dont go by what u hear by western media, the westerners even dislike this religion and our prophet would you then believe what they say?
I don't know.. I just looked over his wikipedia page, and it's pretty terrible the things they say about him. I can't really bring myself to believe it's all lies either, there's just too much there.. It's okay though, we can agree to disagree. :)

Dagless
07-14-2011, 10:53 PM
He isn't very wrong about Israel being the power, whosoever doesn't understand that, hasn't read much about the political systems, banking and financial systems, policies of the international countries and of wars and weaponry. US is just the face of the super power Israel, Israel has literally given them everything, and Israel cant assume the super power status in a jiffy, because the world isn't so ready for it yet, it will be chaotic.
If Israel gave the US everything then why didn't they keep anything for themselves? 15% of their GDP is aid from the US.

format_quote Originally Posted by Kitsune92
I don't know.. I just looked over his wikipedia page, and it's pretty terrible the things they say about him. I can't really bring myself to believe it's all lies either, there's just too much there.. It's okay though, we can agree to disagree. :)
If it's not all lies then they're doing a great job of hiding the truth. He has done a lot of good lectures but I've never seen him say the things he's accused of. Can you find even one video or audio of him saying those things?

Insecured soul
07-15-2011, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
If it's not all lies then they're doing a great job of hiding the truth. He has done a lot of good lectures but I've never seen him say the things he's accused of. Can you find even one video or audio of him saying those things?
correct and i further request sister Kitsune92 to start listening to his lecture and insha allah u will benefit a lot.

birkah
07-18-2011, 10:14 AM
He has some intersting takes on economics, politics, etc. However, some of his interpertation are very different and go against the understanding of most of the scholars. For example, he interperts the sun rising form the West as the rise of the US. Firstly, majority of the scholars understood this sign to be a literal and not metaphorical. Secondly, if this was true, this would mean that our tawbah is not being accepted. This is just one example of some of his wierd interpetation that go against the understanding of the classical scholars. If you are not very knowledgeable, I would stay away from him. I listen to him because he puts some modern events in an Isalmic context. I find flaws, contradictions, but he does bring some new and excellent point.

Insecured soul
07-18-2011, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by birkah
However, some of his interpertation are very different and go against the understanding of most of the scholars. For example, he interperts the sun rising form the West as the rise of the US. Firstly, majority of the scholars understood this sign to be a literal and not metaphorical. Secondly, if this was true, this would mean that our tawbah is not being accepted. This is just one example of some of his wierd interpetation that go against the understanding of the classical scholars
Excuse me? i dont understand what ur talking about the sun, but when i hear awlaki hamdolillah i understand everything. good that we dont have scholars like you and rather we have scholars like
imaam awlaki.

you are in very much need of learning, may allah open ur mind

salaam alaikum

GuestFellow
07-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Excuse me? i dont understand what ur talking about the sun, but when i hear awlaki hamdolillah i understand everything. good that we dont have scholars like you and rather we have scholars like
imaam awlaki.

you are in very much need of learning, may allah open ur mind

salaam alaikum
Salaam,

I think he is talking about Imran N Hosein.

Insecured soul
07-19-2011, 12:48 AM
Salaam,

I think he is talking about Imran N Hosein.
Really?? Man il b really sorry then. :(

FS123
07-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Really?? Man il b really sorry then. :(
Wow, touchy. Well if anyone said that sun rising from west means US, then I would be suspicious whether it was said by Imran N Hosein or awlaki.

MustafaMc
07-19-2011, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FS123
Wow, touchy. Well if anyone said that sun rising from west means US, then I would be suspicious whether it was said by Imran N Hosein or awlaki.
I agree. I also feel that way about him saying emphatically that the Islamic punishment for adultery is 100 lashes and not stoning to death.

FS123
07-19-2011, 01:51 PM
100 lashes at least have some basis based on Quran and hadith history. Other scholars have interpreted it that way too. Read this:
http://www.understanding-islam.com/q...f-stoning-5829
http://www.understanding-islam.com/r...principle-8089

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!