PDA

View Full Version : White pupils less tolerant, survey shows



GuestFellow
07-11-2011, 01:44 PM
:sl:

I found a interesting article to share. It is quite old (2006) but I never came across it until now.

White pupils less tolerant, survey shows

What do members think?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
07-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I thought it had something to do with eyes lol
Reply

GuestFellow
07-11-2011, 02:51 PM
^ Salaam,

Eyes?

Anyway, the article raises many questions. Why did the government not mention anything about some people pupils being less tolerant? Why do some white pupils feel this way?
Reply

aadil77
07-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
:sl:

I found a interesting article to share. It is quite old (2006) but I never came across it until now.

White pupils less tolerant, survey shows

What do members think?
Its not do with the fact they're white, more to do with the fact that they feel they are the natives of this country and anyone who is not like them is seen as inferior. Its just like how some arabs think they're superior to the non-arabs entering their country.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Ramadhan
07-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I thought it had something to do with eyes lol

So did I!
And I was like alhamdulillah I have black pupils! ;D
Reply

GuestFellow
07-11-2011, 04:49 PM
:sl:

Originally Posted by aadil77
Its not do with the fact they're white, more to do with the fact that they feel they are the natives of this country and anyone who is not like them is seen as inferior. Its just like how some arabs think they're superior to the non-arabs entering their country.
I agree, a person's colour of skin does not determine their personality. I find it interesting many students still view themselves as superior. I wonder what causes people to feel superior.

Most white people I met are very welcoming.

Originally Posted by Ramadhan

So did I!
And I was like alhamdulillah I have black pupils! ;D
Oh I get it now. ;D
Reply

Who Am I?
07-11-2011, 06:55 PM
:sl:

The only thing skin colo(u)r tells me is how close to the equator someone's ancestors lived. That's it.

I judge people based on how they treat me, not what they look like or how they worship.
Reply

Zafran
07-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by aadil77
Its not do with the fact they're white, more to do with the fact that they feel they are the natives of this country and anyone who is not like them is seen as inferior. Its just like how some arabs think they're superior to the non-arabs entering their country.
salaam

I agree

peace
Reply

truthseeker63
07-12-2011, 02:38 AM
While Im a white american not british I blame society being less tolerant on the far right groups like the bnp the nf and the edl these groups are very anti Islam/ anti Muslim while it may be true that many White people hold anti Islamic views this has nothing to do with skin color but more to do with religion many Western Christians maybe even Eastern Christians who are white feel Islam is overtaking Christianity in my opinion this is not a bad thing but maybe ever since the Crusades Christians have felt threatened by Islam and Muslims taking over what they call Christian lands I would hope that people who have darker skin I would hope that they don't blame all white british people for the actions of groups like the bnp I for one have had friends of all colors or races black asian and or chinese I like Women of all races and skin colors all colors are beautiful I say this as a male I just hope humans can get past racism nationalism and tribalism I believe it will happen.
Reply

aadil77
07-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
:sl:



I agree, a person's colour of skin does not determine their personality. I find it interesting many students still view themselves as superior. I wonder what causes people to feel superior.

Most white people I met are very welcoming.
I think in the case of UK, you have so many immigrants who come here who can't speak English properly, can't integrate properly and have alien cultural traits which might be looked down upon by english people - the majority of whom are white. That's why I say its not to do with the fact they're white.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!