/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Australian law to make Muslims lift veils

sabr*
07-11-2011, 02:45 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Muslim women would have to remove veils and show their faces to police on request or risk a prison sentence under proposed new laws in Australia's most populous state that have drawn criticism as culturally insensitive.
A vigorous debate that the proposal has triggered reflects the cultural clashes being ignited by the growing influx of Muslim immigrants and the unease that visible symbols of Islam are causing in predominantly white Christian Australia since 1973 when the government relaxed its immigration policy.

Under the law proposed by the government of New South Wales, which includes Sydney, a woman who defies police by refusing to remove her face veil could be sentenced to a year in prison and fined 5,500 Australian dollars ($5,900).

The bill — to be voted on by the state parliament in August — has been condemned by civil libertarians and many Muslims as an overreaction to a traffic offense case involving a Muslim woman driver in a "niqab," or a veil that reveals only the eyes.

The government says the law would require motorists and criminal suspects to remove any head coverings so that police can identify them.

Critics say the bill smacks of anti-Muslim bias given how few women in Australia wear burqas. In a population of 23 million, only about 400,000 Australians are Muslim.

Community advocates estimate that fewer than 2,000 women wear face veils, and it is likely that even a smaller percentage drives.

"It does seem to be very heavy handed, and there doesn't seem to be a need," said Australian Council for Civil Liberties spokesman David Bernie. "It shows some cultural insensitivity."

The controversy over the veils is similar to the debate in other Western countries over whether Muslim women should be allowed to wear garments that hide their faces in public. France and Belgium have banned face-covering veils in public. Typical arguments are that there is a need to prevent women from being forced into wearing veils by their families or that public security requires people to be identifiable.

Bernie noted that while a bandit disguised with a veil and sunglasses robbed a Sydney convenience store last year, there were no Australian crime trends involving Muslim women's clothing.

"It is a religious issue here," said Mouna Unnjinal, a mother of five who has been driving in Sydney in a niqab for 18 years and has never been booked for a traffic offense.
"We're going to feel very intimidated and our privacy is being invaded," she added.
Unnjinal said she would not hesitate to show her face to a policewoman. But she fears male police officers might misuse the law to deliberately intimidate Muslim women.
"If I'm pulled over by a policeman, I might say I want to see a female police lady and he says, 'No, I want to see your face,'" Unnjinal said. "Where does that leave me? Do I get penalized 5,000 dollars and sent to jail for 12 months because I wouldn't?"

Sydney's best-selling The Daily Telegraph newspaper declared the proposal "the world's toughest burqa laws." In France, wearing a burqa — the all-covering garment that hides the entire body except eyes and hands — in public is punishable by a 150 euro ($217) fine only.

The New South Wales state Cabinet decided to create the law on July 4 in response to Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione's call for greater police powers. Other states including Victoria and Western Australia are considering similar legislation.

"I don't care whether a person is wearing a motorcycle helmet, a burqa, niqab, face veil or anything else — the police should be allowed to require those people to make their identification clear," State Premier Barry O'Farrell said in a statement.

The laws were motivated by the bungled prosecution of Carnita Matthews, a 47-year-old Muslim mother of seven who was booked by a highway patrolman for a minor traffic violation in Sydney in June last year.

An official complaint was made in Matthews' name against Senior Constable Paul Fogarty, the policeman who gave her the ticket. The complaint accused Fogarty of racism and of attempting to tear off her veil during their roadside encounter.

Unknown to Matthews, the encounter was recorded by a camera inside Fogarty's squad car. The video footage showed her aggressively berating a restrained Fogarty and did not support her claim that he tried to grab her veil before she reluctantly and angrily lifted it to show her face.

Matthews was sentenced in November to six months in jail for making a deliberately false statement to police.

But that conviction and sentence were quashed on appeal last month without her serving any time in jail because a judge was not convinced that it was Matthews who signed the false statutory declaration. The woman who signed the document had worn a burqa and a justice of the peace who witnessed the signing had not looked beneath the veil to confirm her identity.

Bernie, the civil libertarian, said the proposed law panders to public anger against Muslims that the case generated on talk radio and in tabloid newspapers, which itself is a symptom of the suspicion with which immigrants are viewed.

Muslims are among the fastest-growing minorities in Australia and mostly live in the two largest cities, Sydney and Melbourne. There are many examples to suggest they are not entirely welcome.

Muslim and non-Muslim youths rioted for days at Sydney's Cronulla beach in 2005, drawing international attention to surging ethnic tensions. Proposals to build Islamic schools are resisted by local protest groups. The convictions of a Sydney gang of Lebanese Muslims who raped several non-Muslim women were likened by a judge to war atrocities and condemned in the media.

In 2006, then-Prime Minister John Howard published a book in which he said Muslims were Australia's first wave of immigrants to fail to assimilate with the mainstream.

Government leaders have also condemned some Muslim clerics who said husbands are entitled to smack disobedient wives, force them to have sex and for suggesting that women who don't hide their faces behind veils invite rape.

"I wouldn't like to go and say this is Muslim bashing," said Ikebal Patel, president of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils, of the proposed New South Wales laws.
"But I think that the timing of this was really bad for Muslims," he said.

source: http://news.yahoo.com/australian-law...050625536.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
07-11-2011, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by article
"I don't care whether a person is wearing a motorcycle helmet, a burqa, niqab, face veil or anything else — the police should be allowed to require those people to make their identification clear," State Premier Barry O'Farrell said in a statement.
This.

And as for the muslim woman in the article who doesn't want to show her face to a male police officer....... maybe she shouldn't be driving then? Why should she have the right to not identify herself (assuming she's been pulled over for a valid reason) or to hold things up and cause the extra expense in time and money of waiting for a female officer to come to the scene?

Just because her religion calls for it should not give her any more right to hide her face than the rest of us have. Anywhere I am not allowed to wear a ski mask (for legitimate security or identity reaons), she should not be allowed to wear a face veil.

sabr*
07-12-2011, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis

And as for the muslim woman in the article who doesn't want to show her face to a male police officer....... maybe she shouldn't be driving then? Why should she have the right to not identify herself (assuming she's been pulled over for a valid reason) or to hold things up and cause the extra expense in time and money of waiting for a female officer to come to the scene?

Just because her religion calls for it should not give her any more right to hide her face than the rest of us have. Anywhere I am not allowed to wear a ski mask (for legitimate security or identity reaons), she should not be allowed to wear a face veil.

Peace be to you:

Pygoscelis:

you have provided your view on intolerance and it is noted. A religious observance shouldn't be outlawed. The remedy is when a person is in a country that doesn't respect their values and morals and make laws that infringe upon religious freedoms they should move. A woman uncovering the niqib doesn't violate any tenets when not done to allure a man.
__________________________________________________ _
Ta-Ha 20:53

الَّذِي جَعَلَ لَكُمُ الْأَرْضَ مَهْدًا وَسَلَكَ لَكُمْ فِيهَا سُبُلًا وَأَنزَلَ مِنَ السَّمَاء مَاء فَأَخْرَجْنَا بِهِ أَزْوَاجًا مِّن نَّبَاتٍ شَتَّى (20:53)

Allathee jaAAala lakumu alarda mahdan wasalaka lakum feeha subulan waanzala mina alssamai maan faakhrajna bihi azwajan min nabatin shatta

20:53 (Y. Ali) "He Who has, made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels); and has sent down water from the sky." With it have We produced diverse pairs of plants each separate from the others.

جوري
07-12-2011, 04:37 PM
This.

what law disables you from wearing a ski mask? Let's face it, the only legitimate reason to pull a niqabi off the road is for none other than racial profiling. I just came from the middle east, lots of niqabis drive there with no problems whatsoever, in fact I'd venture to say they're some of the safest drivers on the road. They spend loads of money on useless machines to make people naked at the airport, they can have equally portable machines to check for fingerprints when they're stop you to check license and registration!
Are you too good to be true or have you no imaginative bones in your body? Resources wasted on less than 1% of any given population? Try to show the same concerns when trillions are spent on useless wars!
are these not considered masks or must they come in cloth form for you to object to them?

best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Santoku
07-13-2011, 10:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

what law disables you from wearing a ski mask? Let's face it, the only legitimate reason to pull a niqabi off the road is for none other than racial profiling. I just came from the middle east, lots of niqabis drive there with no problems whatsoever, in fact I'd venture to say they're some of the safest drivers on the road. They spend loads of money on useless machines to make people naked at the airport, they can have equally portable machines to check for fingerprints when they're stop you to check license and registration!
Are you too good to be true or have you no imaginative bones in your body? Resources wasted on less than 1% of any given population? Try to show the same concerns when trillions are spent on useless wars!
are these not considered masks or must they come in cloth form for you to object to them?

best
I am a motorcyclist and I am required to remove my helmet when entering a bank or similar fiancial institution(Including the one where I had worked for nearly ten years and was on Christian name terms with the security guards), passing through immigration/customs and at any time when an official needs to validate my identity,crikey do you think this is anti-agnostic motorcyclist?

And that is the reason why they are putting forward this law, or did you not read the bit in the article where the muslim lady (who was proved guilty and a liar by filmed evidence) escaped punishment by having her identity concealed during one stage of the legal process.

aadil77
07-13-2011, 11:28 AM
I don't think it's unreasonable to have to reveal your face to the police if asked, as long as this law is not abused.

جوري
07-13-2011, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Santoku
I am a motorcyclist and I am required to remove my helmet when entering a bank or similar fiancial institution(Including the one where I had worked for nearly ten years and was on Christian name terms with the security guards), passing through immigration/customs and at any time when an official needs to validate my identity,crikey do you think this is anti-agnostic motorcyclist?

And that is the reason why they are putting forward this law, or did you not read the bit in the article where the muslim lady (who was proved guilty and a liar by filmed evidence) escaped punishment by having her identity concealed during one stage of the legal process.
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*
The government says the law would require motorists and criminal suspects to remove any head coverings so that police can identify them.
We're not talking about banks or airports both have ample female employees to check the all too frequent turds posing as niqabis or even the legitimate ones, do you have a reading impediment otherwise? I have already presented a perfectly legitimate solution for when said motorists are stopped for whatever reason 'minor' or 'major' or concocted by bigots!

crikey do you think this is anti-agnostic motorcyclist?
I have an anti dolts laws which would beg the question of why you continue to write on an Islamic board?

Pygoscelis
07-13-2011, 06:18 PM
what law disables you from wearing a ski mask?
If a police officer pulls me over for speeding or whatever and asks for my license and registration, and I'm wearing a ski mask, she's quite likely to demand I remove the mask so she can check my face against the photo on the license. This is a perfectly legitimate request and I would not object to taking the mask off, even if it was really cold.

Let's face it, the only legitimate reason to pull a niqabi off the road is for none other than racial profiling.
People who wear niqab are perfect drivers who never need to be pulled over for any legitimate reason?

they can have equally portable machines to check for fingerprints when they're stop you to check license and registration!
I don't know about your country, but mine does not keep a nation wide database of everybody's fingerprints to check against their names and it would cost quite a bit to impliment such a system. How would you justify the expense of doing that? Just because of a tiny percentage as you put it.

Try to show the same concerns when trillions are spent on useless wars!
False implied accusation. I do show more concern for time, money, and lives spent on pointless wars. I opposed the war in Afghanistan from the start (we were never in Iraq).

As has been pointed out, helmets must be taken off when an officer requests it. Ski mask, motorcycle helmet, muslim face covering, whatever. All should be treated equally. No special treatment based on religion.

Pygoscelis
07-13-2011, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I don't think it's unreasonable to have to reveal your face to the police if asked, as long as this law is not abused.
I agree. They should also have to justify why they pulled you over, etc.

جوري
07-13-2011, 06:51 PM
If a police officer pulls me over for speeding or whatever and asks for my license and registration, and I'm wearing a ski mask, she's quite likely to demand I remove the mask so she can check my face against the photo on the license. This is a perfectly legitimate request and I would not object to taking the mask off, even if it was really cold.
They could also be thumb printed if not a female officer, when I sat for my license exams they finger printed us every time we took a break of an allotted 40 min break for a 9 hour exam surely the same people who come up with stupid laws like that and other stupid laws of sorts can come up with similar laws for traffic!
People who wear niqab are perfect drivers who never need to be pulled over for any legitimate reason?
When you run your double blind trial let me know of the results, I don't enjoy your brand of rhetoric otherwise!

I don't know about your country, but mine does not keep a nation wide database of everybody's fingerprints to check against their names and it would cost quite a bit to impliment such a system. How would you justify the expense of doing that? Just because of a tiny percentage as you put it.
It wouldn't cost nearly as much as you're making it out to be to have officers have that kind of very cheap technology. They already scan everything else into their portable computer, this would be a small app to implement and it would make things alot safer against actual criminals who have far serious violations than not yielding at a stop sign or just simply looking the wrong way to a beer chugging pork skin binging red necker!

False implied accusation. I do show more concern for time, money, and lives spent on pointless wars. I opposed the war in Afghanistan from the start (we were never in Iraq).
Your opposition is taken into serious considerations as are your objections here!

As has been pointed out, helmets must be taken off when an officer requests it. Ski mask, motorcycle helmet, muslim face covering, whatever. All should be treated equally. No special treatment based on religion.
Muslims indeed receive alot of special treatments don't they? It is amazing how slow moving laws are in a country like france yet a face ban to be imposed against less than one percent of the population seems to unite those bigots as a soccer game would!

best

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-13-2011, 07:06 PM
As-Salaamu Alaaykum and greetings of peace

It doesnt matter what you wear, the niqaab or helmet we would have to show our faces for the sake of security reasons , but also should be done in the appropriate and respectful manner. It is simple men should check the men and women check the women, all rights are then given to every individual hopefully and its more decent. So if a guy in a helmet doesnt care who he is checked by thats his own business and his decision and if a muslim women doesnt want to be checked by a man thats her right and her decision, so if these are put in place all rights are given insha'Allaah and God willingly all are at peace.

Santoku
07-14-2011, 11:20 AM

I have already presented a perfectly legitimate solution for when said motorists are stopped for whatever reason 'minor' or 'major' or concocted by bigots!

As I recall you said "Let's face it, the only legitimate reason to pull a niqabi off the road is for none other than racial profiling."

So dangerous driving, no insurance, no road tax, careless driving, stolen car, hit and run ...... none of these is a reason to pull a niqabi off the road.

جوري
07-14-2011, 07:42 PM
As I recall you said "Let's face it, the only legitimate reason to pull a niqabi off the road is for none other than racial profiling."

So dangerous driving, no insurance, no road tax, careless driving, stolen car, hit and run ...... none of these is a reason to pull a niqabi off the road.
'dangerous driving' and 'careless driving' Really? one case that can't be supported by an independent source is your claim to rage? go find someone who enjoys your brand c USDA! A problem was posed and a solution was offered.. anything else deal with it on your own private time with like minded gits!

best,

Santoku
07-14-2011, 07:54 PM

'dangerous driving' and 'careless driving' Really? one case that can't be supported by an independent source is your claim to rage? go find someone who enjoys your brand c USDA! A problem was posed and a solution was offered.. anything else deal with it on your own private time with like minded gits!

best,
I am not the one who says that niqabi should enjoy immunity from the law -you are.

Perhaps you meant to say "this niqabi" but in that case do not blame me for your imprecision.

And who says the charge was not supported by independent witness. Certainly her lies regarding the officers behaviour were caught on tape. So it was quite probable that the offence was as well since no mention was made of it by her lawyer.

جوري
07-15-2011, 12:34 AM
I am not the one who says that niqabi should enjoy immunity from the law -you are.
I have said no such thing, you've a reading and a comprehension impediment!

Perhaps you meant to say "this niqabi" but in that case do not blame me for your imprecision.
lol, are you for real?

d who says the charge was not supported by independent witness. Certainly her lies regarding the officers behaviour were caught on tape. So it was quite probable that the offence was as well since no mention was made of it by her lawyer.
laws aren't amended because of ONE individual, the whole world would fall into chaos. It is clearly obvious the almost rabid drive to single out Niqabis who otherwise make less than 1% of any western and many so-called Islamic countries!~
Lawyers don't make habit of correcting the active creation, shaping, manufacturing, filtering and reinterpretation of your corporate media outlets..

I don't make habit of acquaintance with gits so pretty pls take a hike or must we wait until Ramadan for the forum powers that be to rid us of your ilk?

Karl
07-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Australia is an Aborigine-oppressed, British convict bigot-ruled zionist country, so what do you expect? Muslims should not live there. The Qaran states that you should not live amongst the enemies of Islam. It's a great country scenery wise and the Aborigines are down to earth and at one with the place. But the colonials are just your typical low class British uptight intolerant bigoted scum.

Ramadhan
07-15-2011, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Australia is an Aborigine-oppressed, British convict bigot-ruled zionist country, so what do you expect? Muslims should not live there. The Qaran states that you should not live amongst the enemies of Islam. It's a great country scenery wise and the Aborigines are down to earth and at one with the place. But the colonials are just your typical low class British uptight intolerant bigoted scum.

:sl:
oh wow. You sounded like a kiwi :)

sabr*
07-15-2011, 06:00 AM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

There appears to be a difference of opinion regarding the application of applying laws to Muslimah who wear Niqib. There is no reason for this discussion to become personal.

If you have an opinion post it and move on. Don't make this thread an excuse for your dislike of one another. Make a thread that you can argue back and forth about nothing.

It gets old viewing the same empty posts about nothing of substance from thread to thread.

Make an intelligent observation and re-post to clarify your position and move on...

Why in the world does the forum even have moderators.

truthseeker63
07-15-2011, 07:45 PM
This is bad.

Santoku
07-16-2011, 04:55 PM
I have said no such thing, you've a reading and a comprehension impediment!

Actually you did say that, You used the words "a niqabi", a is what grammarians call an indefinite article and refers to any of a class of things thus "a boy" does not refer to a specfic boy but any boy, and SIMILARLY "a niqabi" refers not to this specific niqabi but to any niqabi.

lol, are you for real?
I checked and to the best of the evidence I do exist and can therefore (to the best of my belief) be considered real.

]laws aren't amended because of ONE individual, the whole world would fall into chaos. It is clearly obvious the almost rabid drive to single out Niqabis who otherwise make less than 1% of any western and many so-called Islamic countries!~
Lawyers don't make habit of correcting the active creation, shaping, manufacturing, filtering and reinterpretation of your corporate media outlets..
No, but in a case where there is no evidence of wrongdoing they can say "Where is the evidence?" and since the cop was driving a VIDEO car, one where the offenders are filmed committing their offences this would be the first thing he asked as being pulled over for no offence would be clear evidence of malfeasance and an immediate walk for the client, we know the cop was driving a video car because the niqabi was shown to be a liar by the videotape from the car.
I don't make habit of acquaintance with gits so pretty pls take a hike or must we wait until Ramadan for the forum powers that be to rid us of your ilk?
Do not worry, I have neither the intention or desire to make your acquaintance.

Pygoscelis
07-16-2011, 05:38 PM

There appears to be a difference of opinion regarding the application of applying laws to Muslimah who wear Niqib. There is no reason for this discussion to become personal.

If you have an opinion post it and move on. Don't make this thread an excuse for your dislike of one another. Make a thread that you can argue back and forth about nothing.

It gets old viewing the same empty posts about nothing of substance from thread to thread.
Well said. But that is bound to happen when the topic is religion or politics. People get defensive of "their side" and lash out.

جوري
07-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Do not worry, I have neither the intention or desire to make your acquaintance.
I am not worried!.. rather bewildered at your choice to write in a place where no one has any regard for your opinion and you're clearly not welcome!

best

sabr*
07-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Well said. But that is bound to happen when the topic is religion or politics. People get defensive of "their side" and lash out.
Peace to you:

Pygoscelis:

before addressing you we have reviewed some of your current posts. We are
perplexed how you could exempt yourself from your own statement. What is
the actually objective of the bantering with other forum members?

You are an open atheist in a religious forum. Difficult to understand how a
sane person would expect positive feedback.

Why wouldn't you devote your valuable energy in an atheist forum?

What are you attempting to accomplish?

Pygoscelis
07-18-2011, 09:20 PM
You are an open atheist in a religious forum. Difficult to understand how a
sane person would expect positive feedback.
I don't expect positive feedback. I expect civil discussion, disagreement, and exploration of issues. I even expect to change my mind from time to time. It was largely posts on this forum, and some others dominated by muslims, that led me to see through western propaganda about Israel, and to see a more balanced picture of the Israel/Palestine conflict.

And as I posted above, yes I expect trash talk directed at me, since my views and my mere not being muslim will offend some people here. As I noted in my post above, this kind of lashing out is to be expected when people talk about religion or politics, as those are touchy subjects. It is why you won't see me in most of the subforums here, but only in comparative religion and world issues - subforums that call for a broader perspective.

So sure, I expect that my presence and my views will create some hatred towards me. I expect the same at Christian forums and tea party forums (I'm one of those libruls they hate even more than they hate muslims). I would expect the same ire I get to be directed by some at you on such forums (since you are muslim). And yes, you may get similar hostility from some atheists on atheist boards (dawkins' board is particularly rabid).

But it isnt everybody that behaves that way. I have had good conversations with fundamentalist christians. I have had good conversations with neo-conservatives. And yes, I have had good conversations with muslim members of this board. Posts here, both by me and directed towards me, have led to a lot of really good private conversations as well as a few good and civil threads.

I do go to atheist boards from time to time, mainly Freeratio.org, and I have had some good conversations there too with non-atheists, including muslims, who are thick skinned enough to venture there.

There is a real benefit to discussing things with people who you disagree with. Had I not come to this and other muslim boards so many years ago, I may have fallen prey to the media, propaganda and culture here in the west and may view muslims as so many others I know do - as the dehumanized other.

It is that kind of insularity that leads my fellow Canadians not to do a double take (as I did) when war casualty reports omitted to mention the number of civilian deaths in Afghanistan, focussing only on the number of Canadian soldiers. It was as if they felt no empathy.

I am all for crossing over to as many forums as I can, and I encourage you to do the same if you don't already. And I encourage you to state your views, even when you know they conflict with the majority on the boards you visit. I know some ultra-conservative fundamentalist christian boards in particular that could really benefit from the presense of an actual muslim (as opposed to the stereotypes of muslims they push).

It does take a very thick skin (especially for muslims on a far right conservative board who get far far worse than I could ever imagine getting here), but I say the perspective we can all get from seeing events from dozens of conflicting points of view is worth it.

So my goal in coming to this forum? Broader perspective, civil discussion with lots of disagremeent, and personal growth.

This part you said best yourself, with my slight edit (removed the words "and move on"):

If you have an opinion post it. Don't make this thread an excuse for your dislike of one another.
We are quite capable of discussing, disagreeing, even debating or arguing without engaging in personal attacks or even disliking each other. We may be aghast at each others' views and opinions, but that isn't the same thing. I can honestly say that I don't dislike anybody here, not even those who lash out at me (because I know that has nothing to do with me personally)

aamirsaab
07-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Racism, trolling and off-topic remarks.

A bit like British Soaps really.

Pygoscelis
07-18-2011, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
A bit like British Soaps really.
Or profesional wrestling :D

Karl
07-18-2011, 11:57 PM
@Pygocelis you are a liberal athiest. Do you believe the state is sovereign? The main fear of the religious communities with athiests is the perpetration of anthropocentric unbridled evil and social engineering. Secular global plutocrats ruling over the demotic Godless liberal socialists, state worship world wide using mass media a 1984 George Orwell scenario. And it seems to be unfolding right now.
And Australians are scared stiff of women especially if they cover their face.

Pygoscelis
07-19-2011, 12:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
@Pygocelis you are a liberal athiest. Do you believe the state is sovereign?
To the extent that the people empower it, yes.

The main fear of the religious communities with athiests is the perpetration of anthropocentric unbridled evil and social engineering. Secular global plutocrats ruling over the demotic Godless liberal socialists
I'd like to respond but I don't understand what you mean by this. Too many big words strung together that I lose track of your intended meaning. :)

state worship world wide using mass media a 1984 George Orwell scenario.
This is a concern I share. I saw a hint of this in George Bush's policies. The "with us or against us speech", and his whole war is peace mentality. Obama isn't a huge improvement.

Karl
07-19-2011, 12:44 AM
To the extent that the people empower it, yes.

I'd like to respond but I don't understand what you mean by this. Too many big words strung together that I lose track of your intended meaning. :)

This is a concern I share. I saw a hint of this in George Bush's policies. The "with us or against us speech", and his whole war is peace mentality. Obama isn't a huge improvement.
So you beleve in people power the religious believe in God being the power eg Allah akbar. Power corrupts people that is the problem. "The state is soveign" is a Marxist mantra. To simplify my meaning the secular Ultra rich are running things the poor are under liberal socialist oppression, brainwashing and democracy worship. And atheism is being promoted globally to keep this statis quo.
George W Bush is a retard. Obama is full of rhetoric and bs. But all the Presidents are just figure heads doing the will of the zionist plutocrats.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!