/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ecnomics or physics degree?

Xander
07-13-2011, 02:05 AM
Which will be better to have for a job, physics or economics? I know on the undergraduate level that there are not many high paying jobs, but I have interests in both fields. I like physics because it is heavily math based and it is good to have a good knowledge of science, but economics opens the door for careers in business which is what I find may be worth-while because of what the company may turn into it. As well, it is good to know economics to invest in things like stocks.

What do you think or recommend?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-13-2011, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Xander
Which will be better to have for a job, physics or economics? I know on the undergraduate level that there are not many high paying jobs, but I have interests in both fields. I like physics because it is heavily math based and it is good to have a good knowledge of science, but economics opens the door for careers in business which is what I find may be worth-while because of what the company may turn into it. As well, it is good to know economics to invest in things like stocks.

Well it really depends on what you are looking for in a job. Good monetary benefits can be nice but after a while if you are in a job that you don't enjoy then you will hate getting up everyday even if you are getting paid a lot of money. So the best advice i can give you is do something which you will love getting up every morning for.

Intrinsic benefits (job satisfaction) are just as important as extrinsic benefits(money).

Do something that will benefit mankind as a whole. Don't do something just because it pays well because if you do not enjoy it then it will be a burden to you everyday. Office jobs may have attractive benefits but you may find it very boring after a while being stuck in an office and you may be exposed to a lot of aggressive office based organisation culture and a dog eat dog type mentality, backbiting and slander, office rumours etc.

Therefore you should do more research into what area you want to go into and even talk to those in those professions that you are interested in. Talk to careers, make enquiries but whatever you do don't pick a career just because you think it pays well because you may or may not get that job and you may end up hating it.

So go for a career that you will enjoy waking up every mroning for and one that will benefit others the most.

GuestFellow
07-13-2011, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Xander

I'm not sure. Which subject do you find more interesting? Read some books on economics and physics. Both are highly mathematical subjects...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!