/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I keep comitting minor shirk, depression and fear is getting to me...

Isamisthedeen
07-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Almost every second of my life, I have a thought that comes into my mind telling me something bad will happen...And it causes me to react a certain way in hopes of this bad thought NOT happening.... I've been making a lot of dua and i'm improving, but my main question is that if I did ever commit Minor shirk, and my good deeds get nullified and then I repent, DOES ALLAH return my good deeds from the past back? I know he turns the bad deeds into good deeds but I want to know about the previous hassanat you did.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
birkah
07-18-2011, 10:20 AM
There are different interpertation by the scholars of what it means that your deeds will be nulffied. The one I incline towards is that the meaning is before death. So if someone does kufur and does not repent before death, then all of his deeds are in vain (refer to ibn Kathir Surah Hujurat initial discussion)

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with bad thoughts. Understand they are from Shytaan, especially if they are constant. Seek refugue in Allah, do wudu. Allah tells us in the Quran, Satan threatens you with poverty and orders you to immorality, while Allah promises you forgiveness from Him and bounty. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing. [2:268].

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!