/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Before Entering Mosque?

AishaRayann
07-14-2011, 01:20 AM
As salam(u) alaikum,

I'm sorta new to Islam. I've never been to mosque before. I plan to start going for good during month of Ramadan. What does a woman say and/or do before entering the mosque? if she have to make a prayer before is it done aloud or silent?

Shukran,

As salam(u) alaikum, Aisha

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-14-2011, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AishaRayann
As salam(u) alaikum,

I'm sorta new to Islam. I've never been to mosque before. I plan to start going for good during month of Ramadan. What does a woman say and/or do before entering the mosque? if she have to make a prayer before is it done aloud or silent?

Shukran,

As salam(u) alaikum, Aisha
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazakallahu khayran for your question sister.

As for just praying, a woman's prayer in the depths of her house has more reward than for her to pray in the masjid; in one narration, more reward than praying in the Prophet's masjid itself, upon its dweller the best of blessings and most perfect of peace. Some scholars mention that the reward men get for praying in congregation is attained by women when they pray at home.

However, as many scholars note, including Shaykh Hassaan al-Hindi of Damascus and Mufti Taqi Usmani, if a woman goes to the masjid to attain unto beneficial religious knowledge (or other religious benefit) that may not be reasonably obtained elsewhere, then it would not only be permitted for her to go to the masjid for this reason, but praiseworthy, as long as there is no intermingling and no resultant fitna or negligence of primary responsibilities (such as in the case of a wife). This, of course, would have to be done according to the proper norms of Islamic behavior: the woman would have to be properly dressed, get to the masjid in an appropriate and safe manner, not travel alone at night, and avoid all intermingling with men.

Source: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=1308&CATE=4

Regarding entering the Masjid the following are Sunnah's pertaining to the Masjid:

Sunnah's when entering the Masjid

1. Small steps should be taken to the Masjid as every step towards the Masjid is reward (Attargheeb)

2. The left shoe should be removed first. But the Masjid should be entered with the right foot.
(Attargheeb)

3. Enter Masjid with the right foot. (Bukhari Chapter on Salah pg.61)

4. To recite: Bismillah (Ibn Majah pg. 56)

5. To recite durood upon entering (Ibn Majah, Faydhul Qadeer)

6. To recite silently:

Allaahummnaftah lee abwaaba rahmatik

Oh Allah! Open the Doors of Your Mercy for me. (Ibn Majah)

7. To make intention for Nafl I'tikaaf so when gets rewarded for the duration of ones stay in the Masjid however long or short it is. (Shami-Vol.2, pg. 442)

8.Tahiyyatul Masjid (Nafl prayer when entering the Masjid):

Abu Qataadah narrated that the Prophet said:“If any one of you enters a masjid, he should pray two rakaats before sitting.” (Bukhari and Muslim)

This is a 2 Rak’ahs Nafl prayer which one should perform every time one enters the Masjid. It is very rewarding and takes a matter of minutes.

Note: The best row to pray for women is the one right at the back and the best row for men is the one right at the front.

The Sunnah's of coming out of the Masjid

1. To leave the Masjid with the left foot. (Bukhari-Chapter on Salah pg.61)

2. To recite Bismillah (Ibn Majah pg. 56)

3. To recite Durood (Ibn Majah, Faydhul Qadeer)

4. To recite the Dua silently:

اللَّهُمَّ إَنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ فَضْلِكَ

Allahumma inni asaluka min fadhlik

“O Allah, I ask you for your grace”. (Ibn Majah)

Also:

"بِسْمِ اللهِ، وَالصَّلَاةُ وَالسَّلَّامُ عَلَى رَسُولِ اللهِ، اللَّهُمَّ إَنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ فَضْلِكَ، اللَّهُمَّ اعصِمْنِي مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ".

Bismillaahi wassalaatu wassalaamu 'alaa Rasoolillaahi, Allaahumma 'innee 'as'aluka min fadhlika, Allaahumma'simnee minash-Shaytaanir-rajeem.

In the Name of Allah, and peace and blessings be upon the Messenger of Allah. O Allah, I ask for Your favour, O Allah, protect me from Satan the outcast. (ibid)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!