/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lower Back Pain

Beardo
07-15-2011, 06:45 PM
I feel like I'm too young for this. :| I read online and they said it takes 2 months with or without treatment to heal.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
07-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Salaam,

I used to have a back problem when I was at school. It only got better when I started to exercise on a regular basis and eat healthily. Try some stretches as well.

Alpha Dude
07-15-2011, 07:01 PM
You could try hijama.

GuestFellow
07-15-2011, 07:04 PM
^ Salaam,

That looks too painful!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
07-15-2011, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
^ Salaam,
That looks too painful!
I've never had it done but I don't believe it's as painful as it looks. The cuts they make are very superficial.

Ramadhan
07-15-2011, 07:55 PM
I've had hijama 6 times in the past year. The hijama (or "bekam" in bahasa Indonesia) clinic that I go to use lancet (shaped and works like a ballpoint pen) with sterile disposable needle to make cuts.
It's not painful at all.
It's like being bitten by ants. I don't know if it helps you with your back problem, but you will be feeling great in general afterwards.

Afifa
07-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Maybe its the way you're sitting? whenever I sit with my back hunched I get back pains..Try sitting with your back straight.
Other than that like mentioned Hijama is said to be very good and although I'v not tried it myself i've heard from people i know who have that it isn't as painful as it sounds. If it persists go visit your doctor..

GuestFellow
07-15-2011, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I've never had it done but I don't believe it's as painful as it looks. The cuts they make are very superficial.
Salaam,

Okay. It looked painful when I saw the wiki image:

^ This picture made be a bit sick....though it does remind me of ketchup.

I may try it myself.

Beardo
07-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Omg, I nearly fainted at the sight of those pictures. This is the last time I'm asking you guys for advice. -______-

Ramadhan
07-16-2011, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam, Okay. It looked painful when I saw the wiki image: ^ This picture made be a bit sick....though it does remind me of ketchup. I may try it myself.

It really look like those. I normally have 13 cups all over my neck, back, lower back, and legs.
And If I didn't get hijama after a long while, the blood that came out was pretty thick and darker. I believe it's all the toxic coming out. Living in Jakarta which is quite polluted, so doing hijama is very beneficial.

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
Omg, I nearly fainted at the sight of those pictures. This is the last time I'm asking you guys for advice. -______-
I did put those similar pictures in my first post, but I edited and took them out for fearing that they will only scare you away :D
You should try it though, it's sunnah, and Rasulullah SAW did it regularly.

Beardo
07-16-2011, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
I did put those similar pictures in my first post, but I edited and took them out for fearing that they will only scare you away
You should try it though, it's sunnah, and Rasulullah SAW did it regularly.
Cupping, right? I want to, but I dont know anyone who does it here. I just don't want to see the blood and I'm cool.

SFatima
07-16-2011, 04:55 AM
Salamo alaikum,

You should always try treating back pains with exercise first, that is what ortho paedic doctors recommend. I'll link up an exercise for you, it really works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8szJu...eature=related

You can also try with just lying flat on your tummy, with your arms on your sides, and lifting your head and torso a bit from the ground, do it 3- 5 times in a slow motion, letme know if it worked. Try it 3 times a day for as long as you have the pain, but if you keep doing this exercise once or twice a week, it will prevent the pain from happening next time IA.

Ramadhan
07-16-2011, 05:44 AM
I heard swimming freestyle (crawl stroke) is also a good way to treat back problems. And it's sunnah too.

FS123
07-17-2011, 03:28 AM
Now everything is sunnah :D

Cupping is taking out of the bad blood, and you can see why it is beneficial -- it takes out the bad blood. Wrong hands, it can cause serious pain and maybe infection. Less painful way to take out bad blood is with leeches too http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1543325.stm

Not sure how this will help with your back problems if your back problem is coming from bad posture and sitting habits. Stretching hamstrings normally helps with the back pain don't know why, but it normally does. As recommended, do exercises, stretches, and eat healthy. It will take sometime but your back will become stronger and flexible and lose the pain. And if you don't look after it, it may not go in 6 months. It can but it will leave the problem there and it will come back again and may become chronic.

w'salam

adz89
07-25-2011, 02:55 PM
back pain is one of those, even if you go to your GP they will not do anything about it except give you pain killers. it depends if its chronic or not. if you've had serious back pain for a very long time or you can't cope with it that's when they'll start investigating.

but other than that when it gets bad you can take slow relasing iburpofen it'll help ease the pain throughout the day :)
oh and cupping is deffo reccomended, i've had it done many times and alhamdulillah i have seen the benefits. it is a strong sunnah of the prophet pbh, so there must be benefits in it! I have pictures of myself after it and everything!!

Salahudeen
07-26-2011, 02:04 AM
Does it start to ache when you do a particular action like lifting something? or just comes from no where? Maybe you're sleeping in a funny position which is causing it to ache.

ayesha.ansari
07-26-2011, 05:22 AM
o o May ALLAH save us from such back pain and save us from all kind of troubles. All method mention seem very terrible. I think females can't try that all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!