/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Black shadow in toilet mirror

MuslimDude
07-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Assalamu Alaikum to everyone

When I was a kid at about 5-7 years of age, I remember that I saw a black shadow like man in the mirror. The mirror was slightly to my right back when sitting on the toilet seat. So I had to turn to my right back to look at the mirror, and i remember that the mirror was on high position. So when looking at it i could see the ceiling.

But a few times I remember when I looked at the mirror (while sitting) I could see a black shadow like man. He did not have eyes but I could see that his face was turned to me. Like down to the left.

I did not think much of it at that time because I thought it was normal. Could that be a jinn?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tyrion
07-16-2011, 09:56 AM
I suppose it could have been. But it also could have been your imagination, or just your mind playing tricks on you.. I'm not sure if there's a way to really tell for sure though. :p:

ardianto
07-16-2011, 10:03 AM
In the toilet ?. That could be a jinn because toilet is favorite place for jinn.

Bro, I am a rational man and I always tried to seek a rational explanation in every strange cases that I have experienced. But I cannot say jinns are not exist because i have seen and even touched by some of them.

But don't worry, after reached the puberty age, human usually lost his/her sensitivity to see 'the unseen'.

Okay, this is a du'a for entering the toilet

Allaahumma Innii A'udzu Bika Minal Khubutsi wal Khabaaitsi

or

Bismillaahi Allaahumma Innii A'udzu Bika Minal Khubutsi wal Khabaaitsi

Alpha Dude
07-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Wa alaykum salam,

It could have been your imagination, not necessarily paranormal.
Okay, this is a du'a for entering the toilet
Allaahumma Innii A'udzu Bika Minal Khubutsi wal Khabaaitsi
or
Bismillaahi Allaahumma Innii A'udzu Bika Minal Khubutsi wal Khabaaitsi
Plus, enter with left foot and exit with right.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
07-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Salaam,

I'm not sure if it was a Jinn.

Darth Ultor
07-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Did it have the appearance of a man in a cloak or wearing a hat?

aadil77
07-16-2011, 06:18 PM
it could have been the boogy monster...

it was probably a jinn

Dagless
07-16-2011, 06:25 PM
It might have just been the times when there was a light source to one side of you and you could see your shadow in the mirror? or maybe it was something else.

Just_A_Girl13
07-16-2011, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
it was probably a jinn
Salaam everyone,

Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm confused as to what jinn actually are. Can anyone explain?

Peace and blessings be with you all :)

Muezzin
07-16-2011, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just_A_Girl13
Salaam everyone,

Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm confused as to what jinn actually are. Can anyone explain?

Peace and blessings be with you all :)
Beings made of smokeless fire (as opposed to clay/carbon, like humans). They can see us, we can't usually see them. They can take the form of creatures (snakes for example) or other humans. The English word 'genie' derives from the Arabic 'jinn'.

That's the gist of it.

Just_A_Girl13
07-16-2011, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Beings made of smokeless fire (as opposed to clay/carbon, like humans). They can see us, we can't usually see them. They can take the form of creatures (snakes for example) or other humans. The English word 'genie' derives from the Arabic 'jinn'. That's the gist of it.
Jazak Allah Khairan for explaining, brother. What do they do? What is their purpose?

Muezzin
07-16-2011, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just_A_Girl13
Jazak Allah Khairan for explaining, brother. What do they do? What is their purpose?
They're simply other creations of Allah, who also have free will like us. So you get good ones and bad ones, and you've probably heard of the bad ones whenever you've heard about an encounter with a ghost or alien or demon.

Just_A_Girl13
07-16-2011, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
They're simply other creations of Allah, who also have free will like us. So you get good ones and bad ones, and you've probably heard of the bad ones whenever you've heard about an encounter with a ghost or alien or demon.
Ah, I think I understand now. Thank you :)

Peace

Predator
07-16-2011, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimDude
Assalamu Alaikum to everyone

When I was a kid at about 5-7 years of age, I remember that I saw a black shadow like man in the mirror. The mirror was slightly to my right back when sitting on the toilet seat. So I had to turn to my right back to look at the mirror, and i remember that the mirror was on high position. So when looking at it i could see the ceiling.

But a few times I remember when I looked at the mirror (while sitting) I could see a black shadow like man. He did not have eyes but I could see that his face was turned to me. Like down to the left.

I did not think much of it at that time because I thought it was normal. Could that be a jinn?
I too as a kid have seen a similar shadow figures in a toilet He was hiding behind the door. He looked like Noob Saibot in Mortal Kombat .

The toilet ,cemeteries , dens ,catacombs and other such abandoned places are known havens for Jinns

“These privies [public bathrooms] are frequented by the jinns and devils [i.e. any jinn in general]. So when anyone amongst you goes there, he should say: ‘I seek refuge in Allah from male and female shaitaan.’” [Dawud: Book 1: Hadith 6]

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-16-2011, 09:31 PM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum

Subhaan'Allaah!!!

Wa'Alaaykum As'Salaam

MuslimDude
07-16-2011, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Did it have the appearance of a man in a cloak or wearing a hat?
No brother as I remember it, I could only see his shoulders, neck and the head. I dont remember him having hat or cloak. I stopped being scared of the toilet and the dark at about the age of 18 (two years back) Thats when I got religious and started to practice islam I got rid of my scary thoughts. Subhan'Allah... Now when I get into fear or experience bad and unnormal things, I simply recite sura Falaq, Nas, Ayatul Kursi and other verses in a loud voice and miraculously the tiniest fear inside me disappears. Its like if I feel watched, everything gets clear.

Some people do not know the power of the Glorious Quran without experiencing it.

Reflections
07-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Possible it could have been a jinn, or your mind was playing tricks on you...regardless..be sure to pray your ad3iyah in the morning and the evening and Allah willing He will protect you from evil..

Darth Ultor
07-17-2011, 11:39 AM
No one knows what they really are. They're just not human, that's for sure. Some say they're demons. Others say that they are evi spirits created from people's negative emotions.

GuestFellow
07-17-2011, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimDude
No brother as I remember it, I could only see his shoulders, neck and the head. I dont remember him having hat or cloak. I stopped being scared of the toilet and the dark at about the age of 18 (two years back) Thats when I got religious and started to practice islam I got rid of my scary thoughts. Subhan'Allah... Now when I get into fear or experience bad and unnormal things, I simply recite sura Falaq, Nas, Ayatul Kursi and other verses in a loud voice and miraculously the tiniest fear inside me disappears. Its like if I feel watched, everything gets clear.

Some people do not know the power of the Glorious Quran without experiencing it.
:sl:

I experienced something similar. I used to be very anxious and get bad dreams. Once I started practicing Islam, I don't get nightmares. I'm less anxious now.

Galaxy
07-17-2011, 06:50 PM
:wa:

It sounds like a jinn! I remember when I was 8 or 9, I saw black tail that came from the storage in our bathroom! I didn't go upstairs alone for days. Speaking of dreams, I had very weird nightmares when I was a child. I hope someone can figure it out. I didn't say a'oodhu billaahi minash-shaytaan ar-rajeem when I went to sleep, so I had nightmares. My mom taught me to say so when I was like, 7.

Sometimes I had nightmares because every time I turned around when I slept, I said the du'aa. At the end of the nightmare, a little voice told me to stop doing so.

I once begged my mom to tell me her nightmare but she didn't want to share it because she said it was bad, but she eventually did. That night, I had a nightmare and at the end of it, a little voice told me not to do so! There were many cases where I would do something wrong and I would get a nightmare. Maybe it was shaytaan giving me bad dreams and then telling me why...?

Reflections
07-17-2011, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
No one knows what they really are. They're just not human, that's for sure. Some say they're demons. Others say that they are evi spirits created from people's negative emotions.
Are you referring to jinns?

GuestFellow
07-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Salaam,

Do Jews believe in Jins?

Darth Ultor
07-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Not sure. I believe in spirits.

GuestFellow
07-17-2011, 11:30 PM
^ Interesting. What kind of spirits? Are they similar to Jinns?

Karl
07-18-2011, 12:06 AM
This shadow could also be the result of iron in the ground. Iron with electricity (from ion transfer like a battery) and water can sometimes record the past and replay it again. This could be the reason for paranormal phenomena like ghosts and sounds being made when nothing is there etc.

Kas1m
07-18-2011, 01:06 AM
^nice work Karl. Got science to cover up paranormal activities. I believe in jinns, spirits and demons.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!