/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who is "We"?

Darth Ultor
07-18-2011, 03:23 PM
In some Ayas, the Quran mentions a "We". Verily, Qarun (Korah) was of Musa's (Moses) people, but he behaved arrogantly towards them. And We gave him of the treasures, that of which the keys would have been a burden to a body of strong men...} Quran (28:76)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
07-18-2011, 09:35 PM
We is the way of the majestic to refer to Himself

Predator
07-18-2011, 09:41 PM
As a jew , Dont you know that your own language "We" is an Hebrew Plural of Respect. The word IM in Elohim is plural of respect

Ramadhan
07-19-2011, 12:59 AM
It is similar in Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian language), in very formal and honorable occasions, a person would refer to himself/herself as "kami" ("we") instead of "saya" (normal "I") or "aku" (casual "I")

I'm sure it used to exist in english too, right? before the casualization of english?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
birkah
07-19-2011, 01:28 PM
We is used in Quran for many purposes. It is for power and royality, majesty, formality, to name a few. Human existance is dependent on water, and everytime Allah mentions water He SWT says We sent it down. Showing His power and His ability to destroy humans by with holding water. However, We is NEVER used for worship. There is no verse that worship Us, but it is always worship me, worship Allah, worship your lord, etc. Hence, the literary perfection is captured while there is no ambguity regarding who is being worshipped.

Perseveranze
07-19-2011, 01:46 PM
http://www.godallah.com/we_and_he.php

Ramadhan
07-19-2011, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by birkah
We is used in Quran for many purposes. It is for power and royality, majesty, formality, to name a few. Human existance is dependent on water, and everytime Allah mentions water He SWT says We sent it down. Showing His power and His ability to destroy humans by with holding water. However, We is NEVER used for worship. There is no verse that worship Us, but it is always worship me, worship Allah, worship your lord, etc. Hence, the literary perfection is captured while there is no ambguity regarding who is being worshipped.

Subhanallah I never knew about this. Miracles of qur'an keep growing.
Jazakallah for sharing this amazing information.

Who Am I?
07-19-2011, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
It is similar in Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian language), in very formal and honorable occasions, a person would refer to himself/herself as "kami" ("we") instead of "saya" (normal "I") or "aku" (casual "I")

I'm sure it used to exist in english too, right? before the casualization of english?
:sl:

In archaic English, the "we" was used by royalty. Whenever a king would make a royal decree, he would say "We have decreed that...". It comes from the old belief in the Divine Right of Kings that was prevalent during the Middle Ages. Kings would say "we" meaning "I and God".

ayesha.ansari
07-21-2011, 10:02 AM
JAZAKALLAH really when ever we were just talking to any one and their we use "we" we feel more respectable and noble, Seems lie the old history people belongs to very nobility and respect that's why they always use We instead of I well in more common study "I" refer to proud-ness and superiority complex people.

Darth Ultor
07-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Tell me, did any non-Muslim try to use the We thing against Islam?

Zafran
07-21-2011, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
salaam

Yep - some christian Missionaries use this to Justify the trinity (Odd I know) they also try to make this out that we does not mean One God etc etc -

peace

birkah
08-01-2011, 05:36 AM
yes, they do and its stupid. Even with their ignorant "logic," if they accepted trinity is in the Qur'an then they have to accept Islam, something they would never do (their tactics backfire). So its just stupid to try to look for trinity. once a person studies grammar, they see how much exclusivity there is in Quran, especially when it comes to Taweed -- Allah's sole right of worship. The first command in Qur'an is worship your lord (No ambiguity), the one who created you..Qur'an begins with Rab, Ar-Rahman...

JOHNJOHN
08-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Peace

WE, WE, WE ………WE

Who is the We in the Quran ?

WE = Allah ?

'We' can not be Allah because Allah can say I

2:186
When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he call on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.

Do you know the Story when Moses talked to the God with no name ?

20:12
"Verily I am thy Lord! therefore (in My presence) put off thy shoes: thou art in the sacred valley Tuwa.

20:13
"I have chosen thee: listen, then, to the inspiration (sent to thee).

20:14
Verily, I am Allah: There is no god but I: So serve thou Me (only), and establish regular prayer for celebrating My praise.

If you are saying all of you that :

WE = the way of the majestic, Royalty, respectful
I = what about I ? is it a kind of direspectful

With all respect due to Muslims I do not want to offend you but all the Quran is build like this you worship one god Allah but behind the name there are a lot of things hide behind.

You can not notice it because when you are among a group, ideology or a religion (same for Christians, Jews …) you become a blind person and you try to protect and defend your belief with illogical arguments that we teach you.

I give you an example if I say :

WE do not believe to the same God, We have not the same belief

The WE = Plural more than 1
I use the plural for me and others people with me

If in the totality of the Quran the ‘WE’ is for respect what about the I used in the verse above ?

Read carefully the verse bellow 100 times if you can :

39:2
Verily it is We Who have revealed (to you ) the Book to thee in Truth: so serve Allah, offering Him sincere devotion.

What do you read ?

We’ is not to you and WE is not Allah (I)

Open your eyes one more time and focus on the part of the verse bellow I wiil separate in 2 parts for best understanding :

1) We Who have revealed (to you ) the Book to thee in Truth
2) so serve Allah,

Can you please tell me sincerely what do you notice when is separated in 2 parts

The Eternal god bless you all.

Peace.

جوري
08-06-2011, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JOHNJOHN
WE = Allah ?

'We' can not be Allah because Allah can say I
Says who? 'we' is a royal we, already discussed here and in the other thread where you've displayed your ignorance. We can't be made to bare the outcome of your gross under-education.
Kindly enroll in some basic classes to teach you grammar, you can ever dare to branch out into parsing, conjugation, semantics and then read the book you're arguing against in totality so you're not wasting everyone's time with frank stupidities!

best,

Ramadhan
08-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Johnjohn is just your average normal christian troll. In other threads, he made some ridiculous assertion how it was not possible for Ibrahim (pbuh) to build ka'bah, and I had to dumb down my sentences and logic for him to have him finally acknowledge that Ibrahim (pbuh) built Ka'bah. And then he went on that it was not possible for Ibrahim(pbuh) to trabel to makkah, and again I had to dumb down sentences and logic for him.
Have a look at this thread, if for your amusement only:

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...ars-islam.html

So, my advice when responding to johnjohn is to make your sentences and logic and evidence as simple as possible. It seems believing in man as god can really fry few brain circuits. We should have pity maybe.

Ramadhan
08-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Also, johnjohn refuses to read your answers and posts, as evidenced in this thread where his question had been answered in previous posts.
In the other threads, I also had to repeat my post replies a few times to the point where he couldn't dodge them anymore.

جوري
08-06-2011, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
Also, johnjohn refuses to read your answers and posts, as evidenced in this thread where his question had been answered in previous posts.
In the other threads, I also had to repeat my post replies a few times to the point where he couldn't dodge them anymore.
That tends to happen when you have a skewed brand of 'truth' and desperately trying to shove it down people's throats.. thing is my three year old nephew can refute him without much effort.. just that he's an annoying gadfly otherwise in the holy month with nonsensical logorrhea can really start to get annoying you know.. on the one hand the mods feel he's harmless which he is and if they ban him he'll get a false sense of importance but on the other hand they unleash him on fasting members who feel obliged to correct him for obvious reasons and then it turns out to be a big waste of time and energy. Not only is he not reading or responding to treatment but he keeps posting his non-queries on every other post that you just want to ............ gahhhhhhh

:w:

JOHNJOHN
08-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Peace

You have no arguments you want just to ban me, Did the prophete Mohamed teach you that ?

Tell me where I have done something wrong ?

Answer to my post and tell me where I made mistakes ?

Peace.

JOHNJOHN
08-06-2011, 07:48 PM
39:2
Verily it is We Who have revealed (to you ) the Book to thee in Truth: so serve Allah, offering Him sincere devotion.

WE in all languages is more that one, tell me in which language WE = I

If you see the verse 2 of the surah 39 thing that you refuse to see.

We have

1) WE
2) the personn who receive the revelation
2) Allah

The 1) We ask him (the personn who receive the revelation) to serve 2) Allah can you explain me that please.

Because in other verses Allah can say I ???

Peace.

yas2010
08-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Dear John

Peace

I am sure no-one wants to ban you. The Prophet Muhammed (Pbuh) was an example to mankind and was very tolerance even in the face of adversity.

I think before you post you should attempt to read and comprehend the posts that members of IB have posted.

As i say to children, think, engage brain and then speak or in this case type a post.

Peace and Best Wishes

FS123
08-06-2011, 07:54 PM
English for one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majestic_plural
"It is also called the royal pronoun, the royal "we".... It is most commonly used to denote the excellence, power, and dignity of the person that speaks or writes.

You have no arguments you want just to ban me
Trolling, will get you banned.

JOHNJOHN
08-06-2011, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FS123
English for one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majestic_plural
"It is also called the royal pronoun, the royal "we".... It is most commonly used to denote the excellence, power, and dignity of the person that speaks or writes.

Trolling, will get you banned.

Peace

I have a question because I do not speak Arabic, can you please help me on this.

[23:14] Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!

Can you tell me if in the original verse in Arabic is Allah the best creator alone or among others, its hard for me to catch that.

Thank you for your help.

Ramadhan
08-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Did you not read the previous posts?

I have posted that in Bahasa Indonesia, in formal occasion, "kami" ("we") is used to describe "I" ( which is "saya" or "aku").

You are repeating your modus operandi that you used in the other thread: either you are truly dumb, or you pretend to be dumb.
And it seems you are the second case.

جوري
08-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Peace
Peace be upon those who follow guidance!

You have no arguments
There is nothing to argue against an undereducated fool!
you want just to ban me,
That would be nice but certainly merited. You need a certain level of intellect to overcome the trolling factor unfortunately you're unable to reach that balance!
Did the prophete Mohamed teach you that ?
Teach me what? To want to get trolls banned? I think it is rather instinctive!
Tell me where I have done something wrong ?
Tell me where you have done something right? on the lowest common denominator reading the replies and not inventing stupidities!
Answer to my post and tell me where I made mistakes ?
We've been doing that all throughout.. You'll need a good three months to shut your bazoo and do some reading!

Peace.
peace be upon the forums' Muslims..

best,

Futuwwa
08-06-2011, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
They do at times, but not as often as Christians use the We thing in the Torah to claim that it shows a triune god.

Who Am I?
08-07-2011, 03:04 AM
:sl:

I was talking to a brother last night at masjid and we were talking about how early Christianity and Islam are almost identical. Modern Christianity is not true montheism, nor is it even true Christianity.

Anyway, the Bible also uses a "We" form sometimes when God is talking. So does that mean that there is more than one God in Christianity? Well it can't be Christianity if there is more than one God, can it?

Riana17
08-07-2011, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by birkah
SALAM ALAIKKUM

I am amazed by the summary, you are pretty clever, masha Allah

thanks for posting

FS123
08-07-2011, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
Anyway, the Bible also uses a "We" form sometimes when God is talking. So does that mean that there is more than one God in Christianity? Well it can't be Christianity if there is more than one God, can it?
For Trinitarians, they have truine God which they use "We" to argue for as mentioned by Futuwwa. But they have a dilemma they say God is one and 3 at the same time, which is beside the point. But in languages, even in English, "We" singular is used to show power, hence, it is called the royal "we."

JOHNJOHN, seems like some of the deceptive christian apologetic I've encountered who doesn't want to talk with reason but they keep throwing the silly arguments again and again. It is sad and funny at the same time, do they think this way they will gain followers when it is obvious they are not sincere. You tell them "we" is singular and it is royal we and show them proof from language reference, then they come back and say "which language has we = I." It can get tiring because other people have work to do.

Who Am I?
08-07-2011, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FS123
For Trinitarians, they have truine God which they use "We" to argue for as mentioned by Futuwwa. But they have a dilemma they say God is one and 3 at the same time, which is beside the point. But in languages, even in English, "We" singular is used to show power, hence, it is called the royal "we."

JOHNJOHN, seems like some of the deceptive christian apologetic I've encountered who doesn't want to talk with reason but they keep throwing the silly arguments again and again. It is sad and funny at the same time, do they think this way they will gain followers when it is obvious they are not sincere. You tell them "we" is singular and it is royal we and show them proof from language reference, then they come back and say "which language has we = I." It can get tiring because other people have work to do.
Yeah, I think I posted earlier in the thread about the origin of the royal "we" in the English language. I will spare everyone from another history nerd moment.

Futuwwa
08-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Oh, by all means, go ahead. We are amused :statisfie

Who Am I?
08-08-2011, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Oh, by all means, go ahead. We are amused :statisfie
::Nerd Mode ON::

Well the concept of a "royal we" goes back to the ancient belief in the "Divine Right of Kings". Rulers saw themselves as appointed by God (a belief reinforced by the Catholic Church during the Middle Ages when the popes would crown heads of state), so any royal mandate was also considered a decree from the Almighty. When stating these royal decrees, the kings would use the plural "we" to signify that "I and God state this".

Even after the whole Divine Right concept was abandoned after the Middle Ages, rulers still used the plural "we" out of habit.

::Nerd Mode OFF::

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!