/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tooth Paste vs Miswak

Samiun
07-19-2011, 12:27 PM
:sl: Which do you prefer? What are your thoughts on tooth paste which contain the same ingredient in a miswak? Does brushing teeth using tooth paste during wudhuk to be a sunnah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Reflections
07-19-2011, 12:46 PM
AsSalaamu 3alaykum,

I think..just use the miswaak itself...toothpaste miswak doesn't compare to the actual thing! Keep it close to the sunnah as much as possible, though I'm not saying there's anything wrong with using that toothpaste miswaak.

Samiun
07-19-2011, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
AsSalaamu 3alaykum,

I just think..just use the miswaak itself and use it...toothpaste miswak doesn't compare to the actual thing! Keep it close to the sunnah as much as possible, though I'm not saying there's anything wrong with using that toothpaste miswaak.
But I tend to feel some splinters on my teeth and gum after using it. I'm also afraid that I will swallow the splinters without notice

Reflections
07-19-2011, 01:14 PM
The little splinters are not harmful as far as I know, however it might just need to be kept softened, the part of the miswaak which is put in the mouth, keep it soaked in waterm the bristles will be too soft for it to make you bleed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
07-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Salaam,

Use both. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!