/* */

PDA

View Full Version : dirty toilet

anonymous
07-19-2011, 09:46 PM
salaam -

Can anyone help with this issue, my brother stands up to use the toilet - he picks up the toilet seat and then urinates - so the bottom of the toilet seat gets dirty - now when i go to the toilet i clean the top but not the bottom of the seat -

is it my responsabiltity to clean the toilet = beacue i have asked my brother again and again to clean up after himself but he doesnt listen - now when i sit on the toilet even though the seat is clean - i always get worried that somehow when doing istanja the water will travel from the bottom of the seat to my skin and make me dirty -

should i have to pick up the seat and clean it or is it not my responsability - cos i find it diosgusting that i have to keep doing this

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-19-2011, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
salaam -

Can anyone help with this issue, my brother stands up to use the toilet - he picks up the toilet seat and then urinates - so the bottom of the toilet seat gets dirty - now when i go to the toilet i clean the top but not the bottom of the seat -

is it my responsabiltity to clean the toilet = beacue i have asked my brother again and again to clean up after himself but he doesnt listen - now when i sit on the toilet even though the seat is clean - i always get worried that somehow when doing istanja the water will travel from the bottom of the seat to my skin and make me dirty -

should i have to pick up the seat and clean it or is it not my responsability - cos i find it diosgusting that i have to keep doing this
Asalaamu alaikum. You should remind your brother of the grave punishment for those who do not take care when urinating. You should sit and have a serious convesation with him about it and make him aware that you cannot be expected to clean up after him and that you pray Salah so require cleanliness at all times so he should respect that and clean up after himself.

Also remind your brother of the importance of Salaah and that we can die at any second so how will we answer to Allah if we did not fulfill our obligations unto him. Give him regular reminders in the form of weekly texts, e mails of beneficial lectures and regular verbal reminders.

Whenever you use the toilet just fill a jug up with water and run it across the bottom if you feel uncomfortable wiping it.

And Allah knows best in all matters

aadil77
07-19-2011, 11:35 PM
remind him he's a muslim and not some filthy tramp who doesn't care in the slightest about hygiene

he should know that a muslim home should be pure from all places otherwise we cannot perform our prayers properly, cleanliness cannot be more emphasized in islam

if he carries on tell your parents to have a go at him

also like brother hamza said not taking care whilst urinating is one of the few reasons why some muslims will recieve the grave punishment:

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed by two graves and said, “They are being punished, but they are not being punished for something that was difficult to avoid. One of them used to walk about spreading nameemah (malicious gossip) and the other used not to take care to avoid getting urine on himself.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (218) and Muslim (292).

anonymous
07-20-2011, 07:07 AM
salaam

thanks for your replies - i do keep telling him - i just dont know what else to do - my parents have told him aswell

Will i be held accountable if i dont clean it before using it???

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
07-20-2011, 12:59 PM
that's not good enough, be frank and ask him something like "Do you like making mum and dad clean up your urine?

anonymous
07-20-2011, 01:22 PM
but if he doesnt listen what do i do - carry on cleaning after him or is that not my responsability

so if i sit on the toilet without cleaning it from the bottom - am i sinning,

Hamza Asadullah
07-20-2011, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
but if he doesnt listen what do i do - carry on cleaning after him or is that not my responsability

so if i sit on the toilet without cleaning it from the bottom - am i sinning,
Asalaamu Alaikum, sister you can only do your best to advise someone and after that it is upto them but as i mentioned in my last post continue to give him and others in your family Islamic reminders now and again and make much dua for them that Allah guides them.

As you know that your brother urinates in the way he does then you should just to be safe run some water in a jug all the way along the bottom of the toilet seat. How long would that take? 3 Seconds max.

And Allah knows best in all matters

anonymous
07-21-2011, 07:07 AM
salaam

I did ask him yesterday but he says its not him so i dont want to accuse him just incase it isnt him - it could be anyone and they might not do it on purpose - they might not know the toilet is dirty behind them - but i will ask them to check back once they have finished InshaAllah - and to make things easrier for myself i will just clean the toilet before using it -

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!