/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cleanliness is apart of Iman (Faith)

sabr*
07-22-2011, 12:42 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

When visiting family, Muslims and Non-Muslims we have encountered a few identical traits and habits that are fervently disliked.

1. Unclean dishes in the sink
2. Worn clothes scattered about
3. Unorganized home
4. Pets jumping on our clean clothes (We understand the pets live where we visit so we are the guests, Can you control your animals we don't want them all over us)

Being neat and clean doesn't mean a person is obsessive in desiring and embracing cleaniness.

Some who embrace the laissez faire attitude towards cleanliness would consider it obsessive as those who are neat and clean consider not observing cleanliness is obsessively unclean.
__________________________________________________ ____

Sahih Muslim Book 002, Number 0432:

Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Cleanliness is half of faith and al-Hamdu Liliah (Praise be to Allah) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah) and al-Hamdu Liliah (Praise be to Allah) fill upwhat is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light, and charity is proof (of one's faith) and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you. All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sabr*
01-09-2012, 03:53 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Cleanliness is apart of Iman (Faith) for practicing Muslims so why
do we have to endure the offensive odors when attending congregational
Salah? Only can be described similar to livestock odor.

We have traveled various continents and encountered people
from the same region, town, country who don't possess this offensive
odor.

The socioeconomic origins shouldn't effect a persons hygiene to this extreme?

Muslims perform Wudu (ablution) and Ghusl (complete ablution) to be able
to perform the daily Salah (Prayer) so the offensive odors are unjustified.

There are only a few instances when wearing perfumes, fragrances or scents
are discouraged: During fasting, Certain days of Hajj, etc.

Practicing Muslims are permitted to wear the fragrances. Please do!

serena77
01-10-2012, 10:53 PM
salaams
before i reverted.. cleanliness wasn't an issue for me... but i have to say ... since i have .. and am performing Wudu on a regular basis.. my skin has looked healthier and in other ways.. just generally better. That to me ... seems like it should be an incentive at least to muslimahs. Personally I just see it as an added blessing.
Serena

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!