/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is ISLAM ?

Mr.President
07-22-2011, 02:18 PM
ok forum I want to ask u all a special and a very basic question what if a person probably a non muslim asks u

what is islam ?

what would you say ?

How will you explain him/her ?

ok pls don't copy paste from other sites just write what ull say and remember dont answer with La ilaha illala muhammad ar rasoolulaah

yEa I know its a correct answer but we muslim can understand that bt a non muslim can't so explain a lil k :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
User29123
07-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Simple Islam is a Religion and a way of life..

Mr.President
07-22-2011, 08:28 PM
thts too short & simple its not enough

and he will keep asking questions ? btw non muslims are not dumb or stupid ? they already know islam is a religion, way of life !!!

Ali Mujahidin
07-23-2011, 02:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
thts too short & simple its not enough

and he will keep asking questions ? btw non muslims are not dumb or stupid ? they already know islam is a religion, way of life !!!
:sl:

From my personal experience, I found that non-Muslims think that Islam is like any other religion, ie, an activity restricted to certain times and days and places. Actually, I have found many Muslims who think the same, too. It takes quite a bit of explaining, to Muslims and non-Muslims alike, to get across the idea of ad-din-ul-Islam, that Islam is a complete way of life. I find that it is easier to explain by doing, instead of just talking. Let's beg Allah to give all of us the strength to practice Islam 24/7, and not just 5 times a day, or worse yet, just once a week on Friday, or just twice a year on the eids.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mr.President
07-23-2011, 01:31 PM
^ okay yea I agree with ur post tht v shuld try to become 24/7 muslim not 5 times or once in a week or twice a year muslim ! thanks for the comment

btw u didnt answer the main thread topic ?

if a non muslim asks u

what is islam ?

what would you say ?

How will you explain him/her ?

text below shows is one of my friends answer when I asked WHAT IS ISLAM ?

Friend : Islam means submission to god & lailaha ilalaah muhammad ar rasoolulaah

ME : Some more explanation pls?

Friend : and why we say islam is not like any other religion is because we have proof that islam is the truth

and islam gives rights to every one & Islam is the religion of equality

ok I don't agree with him in some parts of his explanation but ill get back 2 it later ...

ok any other people on forum ?

A FUNNY QUESTION GETS LOT OF ATTENTION in THIS FORUM bt question like this wont be bumped or answered by any 1 hmmm ....:(

Innocent Soul
07-23-2011, 01:54 PM
I think Islam is a way of life as life is a struggle following Islam gives us strength to through these difficulties. It's true that when someone hear religion they think Oh so many restrictions in every religion but I think rules and regulations are important for us because it's not always we want it's what Allah wants us to do. If a person is determined to follow Islam in his heart he will get distracted but a muslim should not quit. I know saying is easy but I have experienced this. We always try to make ourselves disciplined nut it but we feel that it's never going to happen but it can happen.

I just remembered this so wanted to share it.

K.Venugopal
07-24-2011, 03:40 AM
Islam is a religion, that is to say, it is a teaching from God to enable us to live meritoriously.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!